Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 23:46   #4771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post

This journey and the final choice would not have been possible but for the professional reviewers, visionary seniors and passionate fellow members of this family. Indebted to all of you in a big way
Wow, that's some short-listing journey of yours, from Nexon to the Compass.. Great that you could find a good Hexa and wish you happy motoring! Please do share pics once you take delivery.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 03:42   #4772
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi @ram1kv congratulations on the purchase and wish you a very long and happy experience with the Hexa

Please post a few pictures. Also if you don't mind me asking, what was the price that you paid?
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 06:41   #4773
BHPian

I've uploaded a couple of snaps @abhi7013, still new to posting here so hope they make the cut. Thank you for your wishes!

The final price on the vehicle was 16.74lakhs @digitalnirvana. I found it very competitive compared to the other offers on the market as well as those suggested in Hexa owners groups.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20190528_181359.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20190528_181604.jpg  

ram1kv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 09:40   #4774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've uploaded a couple of snaps @abhi7013, still new to posting here so hope they make the cut. Thank you for your wishes!

The final price on the vehicle was 16.74lakhs @digitalnirvana. I found it very competitive compared to the other offers on the market as well as those suggested in Hexa owners groups.

That is a great price. In fact that is just slightly higher than the price I paid for my new XMA a year back. And it has the roof rails and all the 2018 features which the newer models lost. That too for a 2000 odd km ODO reading.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 20:25   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
That is a great price. In fact that is just slightly higher than the price I paid for my new XMA a year back. And it has the roof rails and all the 2018 features which the newer models lost. That too for a 2000 odd km ODO reading.
That was my line of thought too regarding 2018 vs 2019. Like someone else had commented here, a 7 inch ice is not a high priority for us either. It was a Toyota used car dealer, they probably wanted to free up space for their popular models!
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 18:41   #4776

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostforce View Post
Hi All

Hexa update:

I bought my Hexa XT 4x4 in Dec18 and drove around a bit for a month(7500km all over the country). My job is such that I'm home once in 4-5months. So before I rejoined duty in Jan 19, I prepared the Hexa for storage ie disconnected battery, placed paper between wipers and windshield, powdered rubber parts, threw lots of moth balls in the car and blocked the exhaust with steel wool. I also topped up the tank and filled nitrogen in the tyres.

We don't have a garage so the Hexa was out in the open with a protective vehicle cover. So I came back yesterday and inspected the car and surrounding area for signs of rats. Luckily no movement of rodents. I connected the battery, flicked the key in and the car came came to life in a single crank!

No coil heating repeat or anything. What an amazing no nonsense machine!

For anyone who is planning to buy the Hexa; I can assure you it's a civilian tank!!!

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this....
I really appreciate the way you literally packed your priced possession, it was nicely detailed
And I loved the last part..."a civilian tank"
reach_gm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 22:22   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
This journey and the final choice would not have been possible but for the professional reviewers, visionary seniors and passionate fellow members of this family. Indebted to all of you in a big way
Great choice and congratulations. I don't own one but I have driven Hexa from Zoomcar on three long trips down south and on all occasions it has been a great experience. The ride comfort, driveability and space - this car has all that one needs on long drives. Yes it was the XE edition as Zoomcar unfortunately doesn't keep the higher ones but still it was an engaging drive. The only issue was long clutch. The hardness didn't matter to me much as I drive a 1st gen Dzire running on original clutch assembly and having similar hardness. Also the steering heaviness was similar. The family had a good comfortable time. We were 6 people and utilized all seats!
This is one heck of an SUV that I wish Tata retains in its portfolio for time to come. Maybe position Casini in a higher bracket and have this compete against the upcoming Scorpio! Wishful thinking though, with BS6 and all those talks going around and Tata not leaking any information on upgrading the 2.2L.
busydrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 17:56   #4778
BHPian

Its been about 6 months since I returned to India and I have been scratching my head over buying a car. Meanwhile the comfort of using the Uber killed the urgency. I had booked the Harrier even before my return and was eager to bring the beauty home. Post launch and test drives, i just lost the interest in the Harrier. The car never spoke to me. I was never able to connect with it.

The Hexa was on my list and when I test drove the car, I was happy and had a smile for a long time on my face and was supremely impressed with the auto variant. Had decided to go for it. But in the meanwhile we had to change my wifey's car as it had grown too old and the maintenance was denting the pocket. We froze on the Nexon XZA+. Hexa plan was pushed by a couple of months at least. Now back to buying the car, the tragedy happens - The new Hexa's are all dual toned and they dont have the option of single tone anymore. Why would Tata do this to a car like Hexa?

Things went south for me for i didn't like what I was seeing in terms of the dual tone color. One of the sales personnel who helped with the Nexon purchase offered me a choice; a Hexa XTA 2017 model which was apparently billed for a customer and he had to bail out in the last minute due to some issues (some ambiguity to the story and I need to ask more on the details here) which is fully loaded with accessories like side steps, TPMS, mats, mud flaps, chrome garnishes etc at a discounted price of about 2.7 lakhs or a 2018 Hexa XMA display car which has just 34kms on the odo at a 2.1 lakhs discount and has side steps, mats and mud flaps accessories to it. The sales personnel says that the dealer will cover the warranties for the cars which I need to see in print and other finer details.

The 2017 and 2018 ones make sense given they have more features than the current set while also being in single tone and not in a weird dual tone which make the car look horrendous. Having said that, I still do not know whether it is a right decision to make. :confused What future implication could this have? I solicit this forum for advice on this and what to look out for
Pranava VS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 20:04   #4779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranava VS View Post
Its been about 6 months since I returned to India and I have been scratching my head over buying a car. Meanwhile the comfort of using the Uber killed the urgency. I had booked the Harrier even before my return and was eager to bring the beauty home. Post launch and test drives, i just lost the interest in the Harrier. The car never spoke to me. I was never able to connect with it.

The Hexa was on my list and when I test drove the car, I was happy and had a smile for a long time on my face and was supremely impressed with the auto variant. Had decided to go for it. But in the meanwhile we had to change my wifey's car as it had grown too old and the maintenance was denting the pocket. We froze on the Nexon XZA+. Hexa plan was pushed by a couple of months at least. Now back to buying the car, the tragedy happens - The new Hexa's are all dual toned and they dont have the option of single tone anymore. Why would Tata do this to a car like Hexa?

Things went south for me for i didn't like what I was seeing in terms of the dual tone color. One of the sales personnel who helped with the Nexon purchase offered me a choice; a Hexa XTA 2017 model which was apparently billed for a customer and he had to bail out in the last minute
What am I missing here? A 2017 XTA? I dont really think this is a good decision.

- It's an XTA model which is a 2017 mfg. The auto has strong demand and I can't really make out as to why such old stock is being pushed

- It might just be a TD vehicle for all that we know of it. Unless you have made a typo and written 2017 instead of 2018, I think this is just not worth

If it is a 2018, it shouldn't be sitting for more than 10 months in the stockyard. If it is, that warrants a thorough PDI and heavy negotiating. I bought a 9 month old Jetta for a discount of 1.7 lacs and don't regret it one bit till this day.

Don't go for the XMA. It has to be a TD car unless you have been assured otherwise. And please dig into this story of what caused the bailout of the owner and exactly how long the car has been sitting idle and how many km it has done.

Last edited by vishy76 : 2nd June 2019 at 20:07.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 21:04   #4780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 2017 and 2018 ones make sense given they have more features than the current set while also being in single tone and not in a weird dual tone which make the car look horrendous. Having said that, I still do not know whether it is a right decision to make. :confused What future implication could this have? I solicit this forum for advice on this and what to look out for
Both these cars are a big risk and I don't think it is a good idea to invest in them. In fact Tata does not deserve your money. If you are impressed with the car and there is no way to get a single tone top end Hexa , they don't deserve that sale. Please consider writing to TML explaining how they have lost a customer.

Another option is to go for a used car. You may get an XTA for XMA money . A slightly used and daily run car is any day better than one that has been sitting in stock yard . While at it , you can even search for a used fortuner.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:33   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
The new Hexa's are all dual toned and they dont have the option of single tone anymore.
Just take a look at the white dual tone XTA. I saw it parked on the road and it looked fantastic. I should have clicked some pics. But it looked really next level. Please ask your sales guy if he could some how get to show you a white dual color hexa in flesh.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:58   #4782
BHPian

Quote:

The Hexa was on my list and when I test drove the car, I was happy and had a smile for a long time on my face and was supremely impressed with the auto variant. Had decided to go for it.
We used to have a 2013 model VW Sharan diesel automatic, in the UK which was a fantastic car for long distance trips year round, despite the weather disruptions. Last week after taking her first ride in our newly acquired second hand XTA, wife commented "This is more solid than our Sharan!"

What I'm trying to say is don't give up on the Hexa, this is a car which will keep that smile of yours for a long time (I couldn't find a better vehicle under 30 lacs to beat or even match the XTA in ride comfort and interior spec )
ram1kv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 12:26   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Couple of pictures of the new dual tone XTA that I got from a friend. I personally kind of like this one over the dual tone XT variant. The alloys definitely improves the overall stance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Just take a look at the white dual tone XTA. I saw it parked on the road and it looked fantastic. I should have clicked some pics. But it looked really next level. Please ask your sales guy if he could some how get to show you a white dual color hexa in flesh.
Yes, amongst the dual tone shades available, I guess White-Black and Grey-Silver looks the best. Please checkout the pictures that I have shared.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:08   #4784
BHPian

Just got back from a 1800km round trip in my Hexa XTA and a Crysta. Every one agreed that the Hexa came up tops in term of ride quality, comfort and fuel efficiency beating the Toyota by 3.5 kms per liter despite it being an auto to a manual Crysta. The Crysta was faster though and had better brakes but in real world conditions the Hexa managed to keep up with it at around 130kmph. Wish the Hexa had better headlights and brake bite.
studedude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:13   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
What am I missing here? A 2017 XTA? I dont really think this is a good decision.

- It's an XTA model which is a 2017 mfg. The auto has strong demand and I can't really make out as to why such old stock is being pushed

- It might just be a TD vehicle for all that we know of it. Unless you have made a typo and written 2017 instead of 2018, I think this is just not worth

Don't go for the XMA. It has to be a TD car unless you have been assured otherwise. And please dig into this story of what caused the bailout of the owner and exactly how long the car has been sitting idle and how many km it has done.
It isnt a typo sir and it is the 2017 model and that's why all the confusion. I checked the vehicle and it isnt a TD vehicle and has been kept aside. I need to visit the showroom again to understand the story. I dont want to do that over the phone. But before i invest the time Iam not sure if i should be doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv
We used to have a 2013 model VW Sharan diesel automatic, in the UK which was a fantastic car for long distance trips year round, despite the weather disruptions. Last week after taking her first ride in our newly acquired second hand XTA, wife commented "This is more solid than our Sharan!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi
Another option is to go for a used car. You may get an XTA for XMA money . A slightly used and daily run car is any day better than one that has been sitting in stock yard . While at it , you can even search for a used fortuner.
Hexa is like first love and surely dont want to let go. Did kind of slip for the Harrier but now I'm back to first love. This is where the question is - a pre-worshiped Hexa or the one that is sitting pretty in the showroom and is fully loaded with all the accessories (though the chorme garnish is too much to my liking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1
The white and tungsten silver have black roof. Personally, I am a little too bored with whites. All my cars over the last 16 years have been whites. My dad has been the white fan since our '83 Ambassador Mark3. We owned a white Chetak too! My next car wont be a white. That's one thing for sure. I did like the Tungsten silver with the black dual tone when i see the images online. I didn't get to see the Sky grey one and how the dual tone look on it. The images on the website don't show much of a difference. Worst case, I might have to look at a tungsten silver or a sky grey dual tone as long as it doesn't look odd in real like what they have done with the beautiful blue shade.

With being advised for a pre-worshiped XTA, why not the 2017 XTA? I am asking this for 3 reasons -
1. It is not been driven a lot and has about 170km on the odo. They say its just the transfer between the two showrooms they have in the city.
2. It is fully loaded and a decent discount and comes in Sky grey color.
3. I still be the first owner on the papers. These cars haven't been registered to anyone prior. This one was billed to someone else though. So, it might impact the warranty.

While I need to verify a lot of details before i jump-in and also have to understand more on the warranties and other details, I still dont know whether this is sensible in anyway.
Pranava VS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks