Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 15:55   #4816
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
A few recommendations for adding storage in the car.

For keeping wallets, mobiles or other small/ thin items, I have got a pair of these car seat gap fillers. Match the interior looks, don't move around and do the intended job decently.
That's a decent looking solution, thank you for sharing! How much did you pay for these (if you don't mind me asking)?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st June 2019 at 09:48. Reason: fixing quote tags
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:35   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post

That's a decent looking solution, thank you for sharing! How much did you pay for these (if you don't mind me asking)?
Got these for 700/-.

Here is the purchase link (got these from Flipkart, not amazon. My bad).

https://www.flipkart.com/kolorfish-c...7XQGBCDT8XVQ1V

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st June 2019 at 09:49. Reason: fixing quote tags
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:20   #4818
BHPian

Got the 2nd service done yesterday. 4000 kms and six months from the date of purchase. Nothing much to report. This service is supposed to be just routine checks. However, I opted for a voluntary engine oil/ oil filter change. No issues/ niggles to report.

Also got this 4x4 badge on the tail gate.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190623_093827.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 12:08   #4819
BHPian

Dear Hexa owners,

I am new to this forum and this is my 2nd post only. Hence would sincerely appreciate all of your valued guidance.

In my family me n my brother are both roadies. While I own a plush XUV 500 W11 (O), my brother owns a 9 year old Scorpio. He is looking at exchanging the same with a Hexa XTA 2019 model (white+black dual tone). He has taken at least 10 test rides and is literally smitten with its ride quality, build quality, interior quality etc. etc. and is now in the process of arranging the necessary finances.

Some issues that are bothering him as well as me are ...
1. Will Tata continue with Hexa production post BS6 roll out ? (Till now there is no message, either +ve or -ve about this in the market, strangely Tata is completely silent).
2. If Tata discontinues the Hexa, will spares and support be available for the AT version for at least next 10 years. (My brother intends to keep the Hexa for next 10 years if not more).
3. How is the overall experience of Tata ASS specifically w.r.t. Hexa XTA/XMA vehicles ?
4. In the present scenario where govt is making it mandatory to switch to BS6, does it make sense to buy a BS4 vehicle ? Will there be any impact on driving a BS4 vehicle 4-5 years down the line ?

Would sincerely appreciate guidance and advices from experts and Hexa AT owners in this forum. This will surely go a long way in helping my brother make the correct decision.

Rgds,
SaurabhB
SaurabhB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:04   #4820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Dear Hexa owners,

I am new to this forum and this is my 2nd post only. Hence would sincerely appreciate all of your valued guidance.

In my family me n my brother are both roadies. While I own a plush XUV 500 W11 (O), my brother owns a 9 year old Scorpio. He is looking at exchanging the same with a Hexa XTA 2019 model (white+black dual tone). He has taken at least 10 test rides and is literally smitten with its ride quality, build quality, interior quality etc. etc. and is now in the process of arranging the necessary finances.
I have been on the lookout for a used XTA. The one thing I found out is that, get the gold AMC and extended warranty during your purchase. My dealer told me that the automatic gearbox is an imported unit and quite expensive (approx 3L). But, it's quite reliable is what I found out during my research. Only one of the cars has had a replacement so far from my place. And somebody posted a XTA or XMA crossing one lakh kms in this thread. So, that shows the capabilities of the vehicle.

The Hexa is a brilliant car. Do try to get models with 19" rims if possible. They are drool worthy.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:18   #4821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Dear Hexa owners,

Hi Saurabh! There's definitely going to be some issues if Tata kills the Hexa. Resale value will plummet for one. And you better be geared for step brotherly treatment at the service centre once its discontinued. That apart I don't see any other major issues you will face for the next five years at least. Regarding the auto box I think even the Scorpio and the XUV use the same automatic transmission. I'm not very sure but I think they're the same.

As of now the ASS is very good at least in my case. Had an issue with the EGR system which was promptly diagnosed and ppl from Pune flew down to study it and replace the same. But one thing's for sure: The Hexa is a very very good product and I'm enjoying driving it. If you go back a couple of pages on this post you'll see my comparison of the Hexa and the Crysta.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2019 at 20:01. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
studedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 17:13   #4822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Hi Saurabh! There's definitely going to be some issues if Tata kills the Hexa. Resale value will plummet for one. And you better be geared for step brotherly treatment at the service centre once its discontinued. That apart I don't see any other major issues you will face for the next five years at least. Regarding the auto box I think even the Scorpio and the XUV use the same automatic transmission. I'm not very sure but I think they're the same.
As of now the ASS is very good at least in my case. Had an issue with the EGR system which was promptly diagnosed and ppl from Pune flew down to study it and replace the same. But one thing's for sure: The Hexa is a very very good product and I'm enjoying driving it. If you go back a couple of pages on this post you'll see my comparison of the Hexa and the Crysta.

Thanks for your response.

Resale value was never the first concern since my brother will run the Hexa for at least 10 years (Scorpio is 9+ years and i also used my earlier Santro for 11 years which got discontinued about 1.5 year after my purchase in 2007. Otherwise we would have selected either Maruti or Hyundai.

Gold AMC, extended warranty (up to 5 years), RSA and 19" rims are a MUST.
The Auto Tranny is sourced from Punch PowerGlide of France and is reputed to be a very stable & reliable automatic transmission system. Also it is used by many reputed car manufacturers across the world. Concern is w.r.t. the ASS after the 5 year AMC ends.

I am also convinced about the product as a whole and am sure that had Tata given some more focus on this product w.r.t. marketing, communication, feature updates, facelifts etc. it would have seen much better success. It is indeed a very good product.
SaurabhB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 19:52   #4823
BHPian

I have bought an XT 4X4 in Dec 18. I am also looking for a long term ownership of 10+ years.
In my opinion, availability of parts/ spares, even 5 years down the line, should not be too much of an issue, especially since it's a Tata.
Also, future of all big diesel engines, and not hexa alone, is quite uncertain in the mid/ long term. So, might as well buy a vehicle that you like and enjoy it as long as diesels are allowed.
Another relevant point is that all BS6 engines will cost at least 1.5-2 lakhs more than their BS4 counterparts. So, the value for money that Hexa presents now, will be even more vis-a-vis it's BS6 engine equipped competition.
nvldvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:06   #4824
Senior - BHPian

Availability of spares will not be a problem. There are lot of Stormes and Arias running around as well . Tata will continue to supply military Stormes even after BS6. And who knows may be varicor will live enough to see the BS6 light. Derivatives of the same engine block powers lot of Tata commercial vehicles. So I am not sure if they can abandon that engine. But I may be hoping against hope here.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 23rd June 2019 at 21:09. Reason: Fixing typo
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:00   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Availability of spares will not be a problem. There are lot of Stormes and Arias running around as well . Tata will continue to supply military Stormes even after BS6. And who knows may be varicor will live enough to see the BS6 light. Derivatives of the same engine block powers lot of Tata commercial vehicles. So I am not sure if they can abandon that engine. But I may be hoping against hope here.
I concur with your line of thought. Wouldn't make sense for them to abandon the 2.2, especially since Mahindra's 2.2 mHawk is essentially based on the same block and was designed by the same Austrian firm AVL, and given that they have already made it BS6 ready only shows that even the 2.2 Varicor is BS6 doable.

Why would they do it? Your logic is sound that since they would need to keep supplying Stormes to the army unless they have fulfilled that contract, in which case they can drop converting it. But during my last service, the service advisor was pretty confident that the 2.2 Varicor will be BS6 ready by April 2020.

Or they might be considering plonking the Fiat 2.0 MJD in both the Storme and Hexa? IIRC, I read a report sometime in December regarding Hexa and Harrier sharing engines in the future. Here's a link: https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ta...-report-30781/

From my limited knowledge, the Fiat MJD is mounted such that it allows only an FWD configuration, in which case this might not be feasible for Hexa and Storme. Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Whatever the case be, the prolonged silence is not helping Hexa's sales numbers. Perhaps they'll announce it at the last moment, sarkaari style

Whatever be the outcome, Hexa (vs Crysta) is one of the best decisions I have made in my life and have zero regrets. Couldn't have been any better. Damn to the resale, you only live once
sugam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:08   #4826
BHPian

A bit off topic but do indulge me-

On ruminating - My automotive choices are for sure "a moth to a flame". Over the years owning, Palio GTX, X Trail, Mitsubishi Cedia, Grande Punto.

Having owned the above I was very confident that Hexa was a mainstream product and thus a "safe" choice. Went ahead and bought an XTA.

Even though spares availability and repairs wouldn't be a problem for the Hexa, the rumours/lack of clarity on its future has me very aggravated.

On a different note, I now dread to think what to buy next as it's sure to be discontinued because I bought it!
maven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:42   #4827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
A bit off topic but do indulge me-

On ruminating - My automotive choices are for sure "a moth to a flame". Over the years owning, Palio GTX, X Trail, Mitsubishi Cedia, Grande Punto.

On a different note, I now dread to think what to buy next as it's sure to be discontinued because I bought it!
Count me in as well. Not only cars , many other product as well. Marketing folks have a term for people like us - Harbingers of failure. Jokes apart , even now I cannot find an alternative to this , considering the kind of value it offered an year back when I bought it .

Last edited by padmrajravi : 24th June 2019 at 13:59.
padmrajravi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 15:38   #4828
BHPian

Booked the XMA today at Condorde motors, Mumbai.
it comes with the new bigger touch screen, sadly no 10 speaker setup, not even an option.
have driven and owned 4 generations of scorpios including the last S10, suddenly the S11 was not good value at 18 lakhs onroad !
jubin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 17:25   #4829

I Bought a used Hexa XTA 2017 ~ 19,000 Kms. The car is amazing, it really is! As far as ASS goes, they are doing a wonderful job at Chennai ECR Concorde.

The Service in-charge is polite, understands the issue, gets it fixed right away. Honest effort by Tata to improve service levels, can be seen; 20 K Kms service there was a small fingerprint on the co-driver's side, I was upset, called the service in charge, then forgot about it.

The car went for service (brake Pad replacement) when he remembered this, got the entire car cleaned!! if you have a Hexa the treatment at Tata Service Centre is great.

Last edited by Sandeepdev : 25th June 2019 at 17:32.
Sandeepdev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 17:36   #4830
BHPian

Does the Hexa come with underbody protection? Are there any pictures of it?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks