Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2019, 15:22   #4906
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

So after going through the glowing reviews in the forum, I decided to consider Hexa Automatic either XMA or XTA.

Promptly filled in the form on hexa.tata.com and got a call back from their Pune call center on Saturday ( 27 July ). I was asked my location and my details were passed to the nearest dealer. I get a call from the dealer promptly within 30 minutes and the sales person was eager to arrange the test drive immediately.

After I expressed my preference for an automatic he was disappointed and said he would get back after arranging the same.

Have been waiting for a call back from the dealer till today. Even the call center is also not bothered about the status.

This is my first moment of truth with the TATA Brand and not very encouraging.
krinpit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 16:26   #4907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Suggest to talk directly with the dealerships. This can be an addition to the dealer generated sale/their sales targets, rather than they being given the lead from Tata Motors.

Last edited by condor : 1st August 2019 at 16:27.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 16:40   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have been waiting for a call back from the dealer till today. Even the call center is also not bothered about the status.

I'll suggest a weird alternative. Go to Carwale.com, select check on road price quote for Tata Hexa. On the result page, there will be a link to get offers from dealers. Use it. You'll be surprised with the results. In all probability, the test car will be at your doorstep on the same date.

Here is the actual link for Hexa for your convenience -
Carwale.com Tata Hexa quote and offer

The tie ups are with the best dealers & these dealers have specially trained (by CarWale) teams for handling Carwale.com sourced sales leads and there is a marked difference in their commitment and attitude.

I have experienced this myself so its first hand information. And no spam afterwards so its fine to use the feature on Carwale. I have received 0 calls / 0 SMS etc after using the facility a month ago.
Reinhard is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 18:53   #4909
BHPian

I understand from my recent visit to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle that the TEST drive Vehicle HEXA XTA lease is over and hence has been retruned to the leasing company. The Leasing company's name is Leaseplan. Also a similar vehicle -Hexa XTA has come for sale of OLX -quoting 13.9 lakhs for 21000 Km -2017 model - Hexa XTA - not sure through if both vehicles are same. This vehicle has a sticker on sides - Which says the Tag line - "Whatever it takes"

The Sales Rep told me that in a weeks time they are expecting another Test drive HEXA XTA - 2019 model to be made available to them for Test Drives to customer. This conversation happened on 25th July.

What I am trying to imply is that may be all HEXA XTA Test Ride vehicles given by Leasing company has been returned to the lease company on expiry of lease and awaiting new test drive vehicles. Or the dealers may have sold the Test ride cars- a possibility not far fetched.
MaNishi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:17   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Have been waiting for a call back from the dealer till today. This is my first moment of truth with the TATA Brand and not very encouraging.
I have been waiting for a call back for a test drive of Crysta and valuation of my Verna from Harsha Toyota since February 2018! So please don't generalize.

This is the number of Malik cars Bowenpally manager Sudeep- 9959484499. They have a very helpful team and I am sure they will arrange a test drive where ever you are.

I just spoke to him. You can give my name as a reference. You can even tell him that you are a bhpian. And another fellow bhpian varunhexaguy also bought his XTA from them. I had a very nice buying experience with them. Keep your expectations low and don't go in thinking something wrong will happen because that's when murphy's law will kick in. You are definitely getting more than your money's worth if you are taking the XTA. Hope I was of help.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 13:21   #4911
BHPian

Before I bought my XTA i wanted to test drive it. The dealer didn't have an automatic as a test drive vehicle. He however brought an XT for test drive and I don't blame him. I wouldn't expect them to invest around 18lakh for a test drive automatic. So the next best thing he did was to get me a customer's car for test drive. The customer was good enough to send it across. Isn't that good enough as far as service is concerned?
studedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 15:35   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Before I bought my XTA i wanted to test drive it. The dealer didn't have an automatic as a test drive vehicle. He however brought an XT for test drive and I don't blame him. I wouldn't expect them to invest around 18lakh for a test drive automatic. So the next best thing he did was to get me a customer's car for test drive. The customer was good enough to send it across. Isn't that good enough as far as service is concerned?
Erm not really because the dealer is the point of sale so they should have the product ready to demonstrate to the customer.

I have seen people go to an ice cream shop and ask for a sample before buying. And this is a car we are talking about

In your case a customer helped out so all credit to him and yes the dealership did coordinate it so they were interested in the sale, but it cannot be the usual operating model
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:31   #4913
BHPian

I agree it can't. But investing in an automatic plus a manual in this case and an automatic, manual and different fuel types in each of the other models can lead to a big strain on their finances. So wouldn't you expect them to skip on a few models as test drive cars especially the more expensive ones which wouldn't justify them investing in it since sales are not going to be large?

It would also depend on the location of the dealership and the target market.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2019 at 10:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:49   #4914
BANNED

Quote:

Two questions.

1: Did the customer expressly agree to giving you the TD, or did you just take the dealer's word for it?
2: If you took the dealer's word for it, remember, the next time your car is given for servicing, it might become a Test Drive car for quite a few people. How comfortable are you with that?
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 20:29   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
I agree it can't. But investing in an automatic plus a manual in this case and an automatic, manual and different fuel types in each of the other models can lead to a big strain on their finances. So wouldn't you expect them to skip on a few models as test drive cars especially the more expensive ones which wouldn't justify them investing in it since sales are not going to be large?
No absolutely not. A dealership is there to display, demo and sell vehicles. They are the representative of the brand. If they cannot do a demo of a car because they could not stock a particular model then they should be called out and escalated against. Finances don't come into the question here at all, if the dealer is not able to or willing to invest then they are in the wrong business.

Hypothetically say a person has an electronic appliances shop. I walk in to buy a mobile phone or a TV. Should I expect the dealer to not stock display pieces which I as the paying customer can check before buying?
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:10   #4916
BHPian

Dealerships have network and multiple branches across cities. If they don't have one in their branch, they can as well arrange for one from another. But a TD car has to be provided by the dealers and that's the least that we expect from them. Forget about getting them to your home, they should atleast arrange for one at their branch. Its high time such dealerships are revamped or better even, closed altogether. They would make way for newer ones which have a better business model.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 07:43   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Two questions.

1: Did the customer expressly agree to giving you the TD, or did you just take the dealer's word for it?
2: If you took the dealer's word for it, remember, the next time your car is given for servicing, it might become a Test Drive car for quite a few people. How comfortable are you with that?
Yes. The customer did speak to me and I did enquire about the car from him too. I got a firsthand ownership review too from him and he was honest enough to tell me its shortcomings. Those shortcomings were not something that bothered me as I could live with them. So I went ahead and bought it after driving his car.
studedude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 00:24   #4918
BHPian

For August 2019, Tata Motors is offering a 3+3+3 Annual Maintenance Contract on most of its cars, including models like the Tiago, Nexon and Hexa
While the auto-industry has been going through a sales slump, it’s actually a pretty good time for prospective buyers to take the plunge and drive home their favourite sets of wheels. We say this as most carmakers in the country have been offering some fantastic discount offers on almost their entire lineup.

In fact, the sales slowdown has affect the market so badly that even established players like Maruti and Hyundai have been offering some great discounts. Even Tata Motors, one of the more popular carmakers in the country, has an attractive offer for buyers of Tiago, Nexon, Hexa and its most other models.

All the three aforementioned Tata cars are currently being sold with what is being promoted as a 3+3+3 offer. This Annual Maintenance Package is supported by three pillars, including a free 3 years/75,000 warranty, a free 3 years roadside assistance and a free 3 years/40,000 kms annual scheduled maintenance package. Other than the Tiago, Nexon and Hexa, this offer is even available on the Tigor.

Venkatesh.H

Last edited by Venkatesh.H : 6th August 2019 at 00:27.
Venkatesh.H is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:45   #4919
BHPian

Needed a product recommendation for car dashboard phone mount. I bought one earlier but it keeps coming off by itself and doesn’t stick to the dashboard. Specifically want one which is dashboard mounted and not windshield mounted. Would greatly appreciate any help.
Old 7th August 2019, 11:03   #4920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Needed a product recommendation for car dashboard phone mount. I bought one earlier but it keeps coming off by itself and doesn’t stick to the dashboard. Specifically want one which is dashboard mounted and not windshield mounted. Would greatly appreciate any help.
Sorry first of all - I don't have a suggestion.

But I think it will be quite impossible to find one that fits a dashboard - especially if you are looking for the suction cup type mounts. The only robust sotlution would be to actually drill & screw in a fitment for the holder into the dash board.

Suction works on the principal of creating vacuum by expanding the internal volume between the other surface & the suction cup. For this to work - the other surface must be ultra smooth & flat - like windshield glass - that can fit flush with the cup.

A dashboard has leather / creases / grain pattern or any other design finish patterns on the surface. This means there are minute creases from which outside air slowly finds its way into the cup & takes away the vacuum suction force.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks