Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 13:05   #4951
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
The funny thing here is that both dealers know that there are XTAs in stock at the factory but neither do they know what rims they have nor are they able to find out. I can't for the life of me imagine what kind of inventory management system TML is running that a dealer cannot tell the specs of a car he is going to order for a customer. I think I'll drive down to the Pimpri plant and call of some my old TML ERC contacts to have a look at their stock personally. Tata never seizes to humor me. They have singlehandedly driven the Hexa into the ground with their inept dealer and marketing departments. Not a single dealer in Pune has the car available for a test drive. One dealer even asked me to go to a competitor for a test drive. And this dealer is walking distance from the Pimpri plant.
I said this before. Even tata does not know the value of Hexa. They are not persevering and spending time on the existing line up. They are worried about new products only. It's very sad to see such good products like hexa going down the drain.
lovesujay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 15:36   #4952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think I'll drive down to the Pimpri plant and call of some my old TML ERC contacts to have a look at their stock personally. Tata never seizes to humor me. They have singlehandedly driven the Hexa into the ground with their inept dealer and marketing departments. Not a single dealer in Pune has the car available for a test drive. One dealer even asked me to go to a competitor for a test drive. And this dealer is walking distance from the Pimpri plant.

I'll suggest something you might want to try.
Send a DM or public tweet to Tata Motors' official handle on Twitter. Specifically ask them for the chassis number cutoff after which they changed the wheel size for the Hexa (I think that was done last week).

Then ask the dealer for the chassis number of available car in stock at TML or in their yard.

You put the 2 & 2 together and can find out which wheels the car will be with. Lame & rudimentary but it will be the route to information I think.

The TML handle on Twitter is quite active and generally responds properly with information to such requests.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 16:08   #4953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
There is no official accessory for this, however if you are part of THOR on telegram, there is a manufacturer in the group who sells the cladding specifically for this purpose, a lot of HEXA owners seem to be content with it.

facing the same issue with my XMA,
any specific person to reach out to for that cladding?
Old 27th August 2019, 18:47   #4954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick' View Post
Can you help me with details of manufacturer in case you have. Help from others on this will be highly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
facing the same issue with my XMA,any specific person to reach out to for that cladding?
I PMd the manufacturer in the THOR group, If he still has them in stocks I will share the details. Though I didn't felt the need for the cladding, a lot of folks seem to like it.
Old 28th August 2019, 10:55   #4955

Quote:
I PMd the manufacturer in the THOR group, If he still has them in stocks I will share the details. Though I didn't felt the need for the cladding, a lot of folks seem to like it.
Thanks a ton. The only problem is the very sight of slush and mud when you open the doors puts you off.
Maverick' is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:49   #4956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no official accessory for this, however if you are part of THOR on telegram, there is a manufacturer in the group who sells the cladding specifically for this purpose, a lot of HEXA owners seem to be content with it.
How to get added to this group ?
smsrini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:52   #4957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
How to get added to this group ?

Go to this link and follow the steps.

http://www.tatahexaowners.com/join.php

They will add to the group after verifying the RC details.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:10   #4958

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll stick with the 19s if the dealer and TML can get their act together. One dealer only has one in stock, the color of which I am not sure about. The other dealer says he doesn't have any but can order one from the factory.

The funny thing here is that both dealers know that there are XTAs in stock at the factory but neither do they know what rims they have nor are they able to find out. I can't for the life of me imagine what kind of inventory management system TML is running that a dealer cannot tell the specs of a car he is going to order for a customer. I think I'll drive down to the Pimpri plant and call of some my old TML ERC contacts to have a look at their stock personally. Tata never seizes to humor me. They have singlehandedly driven the Hexa into the ground with their inept dealer and marketing departments. Not a single dealer in Pune has the car available for a test drive. One dealer even asked me to go to a competitor for a test drive. And this dealer is walking distance from the Pimpri plant.
Any luck on the wheels. I picked up XTA in Jun 2019 when TATA had just announced withdrawal of 19s. I was lucky to get one with 19 since there were stock in factory. Not sure if they are still available. Dealers are of no help and have no clue. Sales guys at Concorde just dont know what they are selling. Most features which were earlier available(Pre Jun 2019) and subsequently withdrawn were mis sold as the sales guys did not have a clue. I can help you connect with the Regional Sales Mgr of Tata Motors in case you wish to speak to him
Maverick' is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:15   #4959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick' View Post
Any luck on the wheels. I picked up XTA in Jun 2019 when TATA had just announced withdrawal of 19s. I was lucky to get one with 19 since there were stock in factory. Not sure if they are still available. Dealers are of no help and have no clue. Sales guys at Concorde just dont know what they are selling. Most features which were earlier available(Pre Jun 2019) and subsequently withdrawn were mis sold as the sales guys did not have a clue. I can help you connect with the Regional Sales Mgr of Tata Motors in case you wish to speak to him
I'm still negotiating with them. I'll finalize in a day or two. It'll be great if you could put me in touch with the sales manager so that I'll have a better idea on what I'm getting. Concorde is a mess. Their reps are never available and don't return calls as well. Bafna has no cars in stock and has pretty much given up on Tata by the looks of it.
Old 28th August 2019, 15:29   #4960

Quote:
I'm still negotiating with them. I'll finalize in a day or two. It'll be great if you could put me in touch with the sales manager so that I'll have a better idea on what I'm getting. Concorde is a mess. Their reps are never available and don't return calls as well. Bafna has no cars in stock and has pretty much given up on Tata by the looks of it.
I feel the pain. Went through the same harrowing experience despite my better half being in Sr Mgmt of Tata Motors. Please contact Jayesh - 77988 84018. Hope he helps.
Maverick' is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 17:39   #4961
BHPian

My recent visit to fortune cars have convinced me that these guys have no interest in selling the Hexa. They did not even offer a test drive. They have no clue or act ingnorant about the changes in the new XTA. The sales advisor kept suggesting that everyone prefers the Harrier unless we need an AT. Even when one likes a car ,this attitude makes you wonder the risk associated with A.S.S from these nincompoops. The Hexa looks very competent a product. Why is it getting ignored?
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 21:03   #4962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
My recent visit to fortune cars have convinced me that these guys have no interest in selling the Hexa. They did not even offer a test drive. They have no clue or act ingnorant about the changes in the new XTA. The sales advisor kept suggesting that everyone prefers the Harrier unless we need an AT. Even when one likes a car ,this attitude makes you wonder the risk associated with A.S.S from these nincompoops. The Hexa looks very competent a product. Why is it getting ignored?
It's getting ignored because the sales are very low and the random changes implement by Tata are not communicated effectively to the dealer sales teams. I've been told the the margins on the Hexa are pretty low and most dealers have no stock and need to order one. Given the plant closures the ordering process and leadtimes are long and it's probably not worth their time. I also get the feeling that most dealers are themselves amused/surprised that a customer still wants a Hexa.
Old 29th August 2019, 22:28   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
I also get the feeling that most dealers are themselves amused/surprised that a customer still wants a Hexa.
As I walked into the showroom, the head turner surely was the Harrier but once we sit inside, the Hexa is in a different league. After the test drive I left wondering how much the brand name is impacting the sales? I was mighty impressed but I am unsure about the purchase. The guys at fortune cars themselves seem uncertain about the Hexa. Even Honda pushes a CRV sale for god's sake.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 00:47   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, are you talking about this cladding? Will you be kind enough to check with the seller if this would also fit the Aria, and if so the price for the item please?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-211477065846tatahexasidecladding.jpg  

digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 13:00   #4965
BHPian

I am not sure if this was addressed in the earlier posts, I did try to look for it. The XTA not having ESP, HHC and Traction control was mentioned in earlier posts. Has this been addressed in the last update? If not, has TATA specified any future plans on the same. I know these are not something we need on a daily basis but there have been instances where I was thankful it was there on my XUV. Not having it makes me a little nervous. I loved the HEXA for the ride and the AT along with the interior space and look. This one sore point of not having ESP in particular is bothering. Any advice from those who have experience the HEXA. Is it a deal breaker?

Last edited by chittybang : 31st August 2019 at 13:01. Reason: spell check
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks