Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 18:59   #4981
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

The lack of numbers in Hexa sales is mostly due to 0 marketing for the Hexa. I believe the primary reason Hexa is still selling is that Tata is aware of the top quality of Hexa and are sure that it will sell irrespective of no marketing at all. If Tata markets Hexa like it does Harrier or even half of it and provide a good incentive to the dealers, Hexa will easily outsell Harrier. Most people if not all would choose Harrier over the Hexa only if they want a smaller and a more stylish SUV. In the future with Buzzard coming into the picture, I'll not be surprised if Hexa even becomes a made to order model.
jayguar is offline  
Old 7th September 2019, 19:31   #4982
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Didn't get it. You mean how can I prefer Innova over Hexa? Or why I am not going in with Hexa as final decision? Thanks for responding though.
I was asking if you really preffered the Innova over a Hexa. The Hexa is a good car. I have used mine for 45000 Kms over 2 years with not a single complaint. Just for your information, I am a staunch Tata customer, having started within the first Tata Estate in 1992, all the way through many Indicas, Indigos, Marina, Manza, even the Nano....I salute them for their customer care, strange though it may sound. And above all, It is an "all Indian" effort !!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 04:22. Reason: There were several typos in your post. Please proof read before submitting. Thanks.
shramik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 20:22   #4983
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 191
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I was asking if you really preffered the Innova over a Hexa. The Hexa is a good car. I have used mine for 45000 Kms over 2 years with not a single complaint. Just for your information, I am a staunch Tata customer, having started within the first Tata Estate in 1992, all the way through many Indicas, Indigos, Marina, Manza, even the Nano....I salute them for their customer care, strange though it may sound. And above all, It is an "all Indian" effort !!!
I love Hexa to the bits. What a machine. Definitely ahead of Innova in my books. Only + for Innova are reliability and more spacious 3rd row that can seat 3 in emergency. Owned a Manza from 2009 till 2017. So, fine with Tata service esp since cars are low on buying cost.

If they offered auto with basic esp and TC plus maybe an AWD, it will be more competitive. Also, they have deleted features, are offering low discounts, and increased the price by 25k this months. Pathetic approach. They are just killing the Hexa already and making it on order only, it seems. So, getting difficult to buy a product that's moving towards getting axed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 04:21. Reason: Quoted post edited.
5kmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 20:55   #4984
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
I love Hexa to the bits. What a machine. Definitely ahead of Innova in my books. Only + for Innova are reliability and more spacious 3rd row that can seat 3 in emergency. Owned a Manza from 2009 till 2017. So, fine with Tata service esp since cars are low on buying cost.

If they offered auto with basic esp and TC plus maybe an AWD, it will be more competitive. Also, they have deleted features, are offering low discounts, and increased the price by 25k this months. Pathetic approach. They are just killing the Hexa already and making it on order only, it seems. So, getting difficult to buy a product that's moving towards getting axed.
I would compare the Hexa's on road price with the equivalent Innova's.....& then wouldn't be surprised how much costlier the Innova is....!! The 3rd row in the Hexa is fine if only you adjust all 3 rows marginally. It does seat 3 abreast.
And I do nit know of any Innova which offers AWD !!! I do know that the Hexa has an intermediary automatic (don't know what it is called...XT ?)
shramik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 21:18   #4985
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 530
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
The lack of numbers in Hexa sales is mostly due to 0 marketing for the Hexa. I believe the primary reason Hexa is still selling is that Tata is aware of the top quality of Hexa and are sure that it will sell irrespective of no marketing at all. If Tata markets Hexa like it does Harrier or even half of it and provide a good incentive to the dealers, Hexa will easily outsell Harrier. Most people if not all would choose Harrier over the Hexa only if they want a smaller and a more stylish SUV. In the future with Buzzard coming into the picture, I'll not be surprised if Hexa even becomes a made to order model.
I own a hexa for the last 2 years and have covered almost 30k kms in it. I don't think the Cassini can ever be a true hexa successor simply because it lacks the rugged and robust feel of the hexa and also the third row of the Cassini is a joke compared to the hexa. So the Cassini will in my opinion always remain more of a 5+2 harrier for those who have extremely rare use of the 3rd row seats. For people looking for 4*4 also the hexa remains the only option in the tata stable.

Tata has already invested heavily in the Land Rover platform and they need the Cassini simply to recover their input costs. Whereas hexa platform is almost a decade old and tata has fully recovered their development costs for the same
ram87pune is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 22:14   #4986
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
I own a hexa for the last 2 years and have covered almost 30k kms in it. I don't think the Cassini can ever be a true hexa successor simply because it lacks the rugged and robust feel of the hexa and also the third row of the Cassini is a joke compared to the hexa. So the Cassini will in my opinion always remain more of a 5+2 harrier for those who have extremely rare use of the 3rd row seats. For people looking for 4*4 also the hexa remains the only option in the tata stable.

Tata has already invested heavily in the Land Rover platform and they need the Cassini simply to recover their input costs. Whereas hexa platform is almost a decade old and tata has fully recovered their development costs for the same
I agree. Cassini can never be a successor to the Hexa but it sure will be promoted as the Flagship model. Once the Cassini launches, it is very likely that the dealers would discourage anyone going for the Hexa and will definitely keep pushing for Cassini instead. They might even say that Hexa is not in production even if it is. . I'm hoping Hexa stays in production for a much longer time and Tata Motors sincerely promote the Hexa as much as they do with newer models.
jayguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 22:23   #4987
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 530
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Very much agree. Hexa will remain in production rather hexa should remain in production to cater to the demands of those of us who want a body on frame tough SUV. Heck even Mahindra is not giving up on this what with the new Scorpio and the Thar being almost ready for launch.

And tata has already started work on the BS6 version of the 2.2 ltr VARICOR engine. My sources tell me that this upgradation will take almost 10 months starting August 2019. So basically in all probability Hexa will remain out of production come 1st April but return with full force once the upgraded engine is ready. That you can be assured of.
ram87pune is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 05:30   #4988
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 530
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Not a single dealer in Pune has the car available for a test drive. One dealer even asked me to go to a competitor for a test drive. And this dealer is walking distance from the Pimpri plant.
Have you managed to get the car yet? Any updates?

Which dealers in Pune have you tried?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 06:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
ram87pune is online now  
Old 8th September 2019, 05:45   #4989
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 191
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
1. Nope it does not ease with time. That's what even i thought and you will see a few messages of mine here on this forum saying that the gear shifts smoothen out with time. However, for all practical purposes, i would like to ask you to assume that the gear shifts to 1st and 2nd will always be notchy and it will seem to become easier with time due to habit.
2. XUV has a smoother gearbox which vibrates a bit less. Hexa being an RWD will have a few vibrations passing through to the stick. As said earlier, the gear throws are going to be lengthier and notchy as well. I have come to like it infact and it does give you a good feel and feedback.
3. Steering is light and i have observed a few cars to have a tighter steering as well. It all depends how they service your car and if they address the steering issue.
4. No clue but at 37k kms as of now, there's no issue regarding the clutch.
5. Acceleration is a bit low in manual and you feel it when you drive an auto back to back. Maybe that's because gear shifts are quick in auto while you take time to shift through the gears in manual.
Thanks for your response, Abhi.

I am 90% chauffeured and hence willing to compromise on the performance (marginal) and gear shift (again marginal). As a big rwd car, it compares favorably with Innova and Fortuner on these 2 points.

Test drove both Innova and Fortuner manual versions and both have heavy steering and notchy gear boxes. Of course, ideal would have been to have AWD and safety kit on automatic one.

Hexa beats Innova on comfort, rugged chassis, interiors, features, tyres, paint quality, and better build overall. Innova has better fit and finish plus overall reliability. Innova has some features extra that are good but not worth 4-5l extra.

Only big downside of hexa vs Innova is that curtain airbags don't extend to the last row and are available only for the first 2 rows. This makes it difficult to choose the awesome captain seat version given the higher usage of last row in 6 seater configuration.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 13:48   #4990
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

About Month and half back i had taken a Test drive from Concorde at Baner , The Test vehicle was a 19 incher XTA model.
VinodGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 12:40   #4991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 135
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Have you managed to get the car yet? Any updates?

Which dealers in Pune have you tried?
Sorry for the late response. Yes, I did manage to have a look at the car. I escalated things through contacts at TML and finally a rep from a different Concorde showroom got in touch. Things have gone smoothly after the plant sales head got involved. I have paid the booking amount and will conduct a PDI at the yard this afternoon before releasing the balance amount.
I should take delivery end of this week hopefully. I'll upload the photos once I get it. Stoked!
yd_gli is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 12:49   #4992
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 530
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Sorry for the late response.
I should take delivery end of this week hopefully. I'll upload the photos once I get it. Stoked!
Great. Welcome to the Hexa club. By the way which variant have you booked? Which colour? How much is it costing OTR? Sorry for asking so many questions . Please do a thorough PDI and also check the manufacturing date. Enjoy the beast and do post an ownership review.
ram87pune is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:42   #4993
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 135
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Great. Welcome to the Hexa club. By the way which variant have you booked? Which colour? How much is it costing OTR? Sorry for asking so many questions . Please do a thorough PDI and also check the manufacturing date. Enjoy the beast and do post an ownership review.
I booked the XTA with 19in wheels. Urban Bronze. I got a substantial discount of almost 4 lakhs on the OTR price since I bought a 2018 model. Yes, I did an inspection once last week and will do another one today. I also took a test drive of the car over the weekend to double check.
yd_gli is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 15:28   #4994
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 40
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hello Folks,

I am planning to go for black alloys and up sized wide tires, preferably 17 inches for my Hexa XM. My apprehension was weather are the aftermarket alloys appropriate for a heavy SUV like the Hexa? Currently, I have 16 inch alloys from Tata installed in my car. Are there issues like bending of alloys if alloys are aftermarket?

Also, if I upsize the tires to 17 inches, will it cause any issues in the ride quality?

Thanks in advance!
shivathedude is offline  
Old 9th September 2019, 15:41   #4995
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 530
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post

Also, if I upsize the tires to 17 inches, will it cause any issues in the ride quality?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think the ride quality will suffer with 17 inchers as Hexa XT/XTA which come with 19 inchers already have exceptional ride quality. I don't think there is any noticeable difference between the ride quality of Hexas shod with 19 inchers vis a vis those on 16 inchers. Others may share their thoughts on this as I own an XT model and have never driven an XE/XM
ram87pune is online now   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks