Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 17:07   #4996
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Hello Folks,

I am planning to go for black alloys and up sized wide tires, preferably 17 inches for my Hexa XM. My apprehension was weather are the aftermarket alloys appropriate for a heavy SUV like the Hexa? Currently, I have 16 inch alloys from Tata installed in my car. Are there issues like bending of alloys if alloys are aftermarket?

Also, if I upsize the tires to 17 inches, will it cause any issues in the ride quality?

Thanks in advance!
A rim change from 16" to 17" should not make a significant difference to your ride quality. I have driven both the 19" and 17" versions and there is no perceptible difference. However an increase in width will make a difference to steering effort and TML might refuse warranty claims on steering and suspension issues due to the upsize. VW had refused to replace the mounts under warranty since I had upsized the tire width on my GT.
Don't skimp on the rim cost, buy a reputed brand and you should be ok in terms of safety. You might want to use an online calculator to figure out the optimum upsize for your existing tires. This should help: http://tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

Last edited by yd_gli : 9th September 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Link added
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:30   #4997
BHPian

Tata Motors offering upto Rs. 90000 discount for Hexa.

Quote:
The automobile industry in the country is in the midst of an unprecedented crisis. Facing the heat of the situation, automakers across the country are giving heavy discount to bring back the lost demand. With the festive season knocking at the door, Tata Motors has authorised its dealers to offer ample benefits to prospective buyers.

... If a buyer is planning to purchase Tata Hexa, he/she can save up to Rs 90,000.
Source
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:34   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post

Source
It is around 1.35L including dummy benefits like insurance etc. Real discount around 1.1L with exchange. Tata has increased the price by 25k.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 09:02   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
There are a lot of conditions on this offer and it doesn't apply for all models. It includes cash discount + exchange bonus + corp discount etc.

The discount only applies for the vintage 2018 XT/XTA cars in stock at the plant/dealer yards. The 2018 XMAs at the plant are under a 2 lakh cash discount offer and the regular 2019 XT/XTA models have a max 60k discount on cars which will be built on order. I got this info from the dealer and if anyone is interested send me a message and I'll share his contact details.
yd_gli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 09:48   #5000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
The discount only applies for the vintage 2018 XT/XTA cars in stock at the plant/dealer yards. The 2018 XMAs at the plant are under a 2 lakh cash discount offer and the regular 2019 XT/XTA models have a max 60k discount on cars which will be built on order.
Yes these are pretty much in line with the usual offers that TML comes with each year for any car. But for a 2018 car I think the 2 lakh cash discount offer is very lucrative! I would pick an XTA immediately especially with its nice 19" wheels. Horrible stock management and production planning in 2018-19 for the Hexa by TML then . Stocks left still.

At 60k, the discount on 2019 made to order one is a bit low. Should be about 1L if the car is to appeal to people. However - trust me, you can easily work with the dealer to get it around 1.2L via squeezes on the insurance premium + more cash discount. I was offered a very lucrative deal for a Safari Storme EX 2 months back. And that was for a fresh made to order piece off the oven, not stock left overs. The problem is, at face value the offers are not too lucrative to the masses & they don't visit the showroom to bargain further at all. There needs to be a tweak on the advertised offers.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:03   #5001
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am considering buying the 6 seater HEXA AT (with 2 captain seats) from the Pre-owned market.

My considerations:

1. 2nd Row Seat Comfort for my Parents.
2. Good Ride Quality (I am used to Duster AWD's Ride Quality, so I want better than that)
3. Auto Gearbox for City Ride + Highway Runs.
4. Should be able to cruise / drive easily on mountain / hill roads in all seasons, including over some snow in winters. Not looking for an off-roader as this vehicle would mostly be used for outstation travel with parents.

Our forum review of Hexa makes it clear that the 2nd-row seat comfort (especially with the 2 captain seats) and the "Ride and Handling" of Hexa is top class.

My only real concern is whether the Hexa AT would be able to traverse the mountain highways easily, especially on occasions when the roads are covered with snow during winters. I have personally seen Altos / WagonRs being driven on snow-covered roads in Narkanda and also Spiti, so I think Hexa AT should easily be able to do that with the 200 mm Ground Clearance and bigger Diesel Engine. But I thought I will still take advice from all of you here, in case I am missing something.

Also, feel free to advise on any other vehicle that I should consider.

Thanks a lot.
Touringlawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:14   #5002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
I am considering buying the 6 seater HEXA AT (with 2 captain seats) from the Pre-owned market.
Hmm, after a Duster ride experience, the list of future cars that can do similar/better ride suddenly becomes very slim doesn't it?
As for the HEXA - it will easily do the rides you are looking at up north. The only point to be very judicious about is the TC unit. For frequent hill and off-road usage, the TC needs to be maintained very well in shape. Regular service and lubrication maintenance schedule must be adhered to & casual ignorance like often done in case of manual transmissions will lead to problems. And do find a reliable workshop/A-S-S where the TC maintenance will be done properly as soon as you pick the car. Stick with that place afterwards & make friends there for a good long term relationship and confidence of care.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:31   #5003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post

My only real concern is whether the Hexa AT would be able to traverse the mountain highways easily, especially on occasions when the roads are covered with snow during winters.

Hexa AT will be able to do that. There are poeple in our ownership groups who have done such trips. In fact, there are hatchbacks in the forums which has done Spiti trips. You may want to get AT tyres though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
service and lubrication maintenance schedule must be adhered to & casual ignorance like often done in case of manual transmissions will lead to problems. And do find a reliable workshop/A-S-S where the TC maintenance will be done properly as soon as you pick the car.

As per the manual, that TC unit is a sealed one with ATF filled for life. Though there are reports in international forums about changing the ATF. But I would not worry about that till at least 75k - 1 lakh kms. This is not something you should be concerned in the regular maintenence.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:35   #5004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
As per the manual, that TC unit is a sealed one with ATF filled for life. Though there are reports in international forums about changing the ATF. But I would not worry about that till at least 75k - 1 lakh kms. This is not something you should be concerned in the regular maintenence.
Yes actually thats what I was talking about. Most Hyundai et al mention it as "sealed for life" in the service manuals but they are known to cause troubles in constant B2B or hill-climb use scenarios. Thats why I meant get a good friend who will service it on request and change the ATF.
Looking for a pre-worshiped Hexa would mean about 30-40k on the odo on an average. Thats near about half-way to the 75k mark you mentioned already. Taking a car to the hills once an year & using it everyday in the hills (if one lives there for instance) would make a difference in how the TC lives. Just what I feel, I may be wrong.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th September 2019 at 10:36.
Old 10th September 2019, 11:06   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
There are a lot of conditions on this offer and it doesn't apply for all models. It includes cash discount + exchange bonus + corp discount etc.
... discount offer and the regular 2019 XT/XTA models have a max 60k discount on cars which will be built on order. I got this info from the dealer and if anyone is interested send me a message and I'll share his contact details.
Never knew and didn't even expect the 2019 XT/XTA already are only built on order. Really wishing for things to improve.
Old 10th September 2019, 11:56   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
Never knew and didn't even expect the 2019 XT/XTA already are only built on order. Really wishing for things to improve.
Concorde dealers have them in stock but the private ones don't stock them anymore. I think this is due to TMLs initiative to reduce dealer inventory levels back in May.
yd_gli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 13:07   #5007

I have problem with Tata dealer and I need your help and advise on how to handle this situation. I will give some background.

I now own a pre-owned Tata XTA but few weeks ago, I was looking for Hexa XMA. I got quotes from few dealers but they were not offering any discounts. Finally, I was contacted by Keshva Motors, Mulund, Mumbai. After a long negotiation, we agreed on a price but they did not gave a quote for the discounted price. I paid them 5000 as a booking amount on Sunday. After that, I called the dealer to confirm that I will get 2019 model with a 7 inch touch screen. He said he will check. He took 3 days but did not respond. So I emailed him on Friday and asked to confirm the size of touch screen. He didnt reply on email but called me and said, he cannot confirm. He said even people at plant do not know. He said I will get 2019 model but is not sure 5 inch or 7 inch. But I still asked him to confirm by day end. He didnt respond by Friday and hence I cancelled my booking on Sat morning by email. Dealer responded on Saturday late evening that car will come with 7 inch. I said I waited for one week and since I didnt hear back, so I cancelled and requested for refund for 5000. They said they cannot refund since I cancelled the booking. I told them I was never told about cancellation fee, nor they gave me any quotation nor did I sign on any booking form, so how they cannot refund. I have email chain for all this but they are not refunding the money. They have stopped picking up the call and are not responding to my emails or SMS. I need your advise on how do I get the refund?
Zamir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 14:18   #5008
BHPian

Hi guys -

Need some information/help regarding the powered outside rear view mirrors. I usually use them and move them in different directions when parking the car in tight spaces. However, today I noticed that they refused to work. The folding function works fine but the actual mirrors are stuck at a particular position. Has anyone faced this kind of an issue with their Hexa?

Thanks!
Ankur
Old 10th September 2019, 18:31   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Hi guys -

Need some information/help regarding the powered outside rear view mirrors. I usually use them and move them in different directions when parking the car in tight spaces. However, today I noticed that they refused to work. The folding function works fine but the actual mirrors are stuck at a particular position. Has anyone faced this kind of an issue with their Hexa?
Hey Paddu,

I have never faced such an issue in 2 years of ownership of my Hexa. Are both the mirrors stuck or one particular mirror is not working? In either of the case I think it should be a minor issue which can be solved by visiting nearby mechanic only if you don't have a Tata service center nearby.

I think the wiring which connects the mirror adjustment button with the mirrors needs to be checked first since mirror fold function is working fine. Also do check if any dirt,leaves etc is not stuck inside the mirror casing which is not allowing the mirror glass to move in the desired direction. Do post back once you find a solution.
ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 18:45   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hey Paddu,

I have never faced such an issue in 2 years of ownership of my Hexa. Are both the mirrors stuck or one particular mirror is not working? In either of the case I think it should be a minor issue which can be solved by visiting nearby mechanic only if you don't have a Tata service center nearby.
Thanks for offering help, ram87pune.

I have got the vehicle used and I am not sure about it's complete history. However, today evening while coming back from work the mirrors started moving again. Both the mirrors were stuck.

If the issue crops up again, I will visit the Tata service center which is pretty close by. Thanks again!
paddu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks