Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 17:45   #5131
BHPian

What's the BS6 plan for Hexa? Has anyone asked the dealers about it?
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:25   #5132
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by barista View Post
After lot of research went ahead and booked Hexa XT 4x4 Tungsten Silver 7 seater. As per VIN allocated it shows May 2019. Please advice if it is okay to proceed.

5kmiles @ congratulations and what was your manufacturing date.

Also dealer is asking for confirmation from me to bill the vehicle to freeze the offer. Is it advisable to bill the car prior to PDI. Please advice
Thanks. Manufacturing date for my car is Aug 2019.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:31   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Work on Hexa BS6 is on. Should be launched next year. Don't believe any rumors regarding the same. Even Autocarindia is repeatedly saying that the Hexa is going to be axed by April 2020. Its utter nonsense.
ram87pune is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 06:11   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Work on Hexa BS6 is on. Should be launched next year. Don't believe any rumors regarding the same. Even Autocarindia is repeatedly saying that the Hexa is going to be axed by April 2020. Its utter nonsense.
No, I don't expect Hexa to be axed. Just hoping that they continue producing BS4 well into the next year, and then are forced to clear the inventory at throwaway prices ;-)

Last edited by SDP : 3rd November 2019 at 09:10. Reason: Typo
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:26   #5135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I don't expect Hexa to be axed. Jist hoping that they continue producing BS4 well into the next year, and then are forced to clear the inventory at throwaway prices ;-)
I don't think they will be sitting on much of an inventory going into next year because already Hexa has become kind of a made to order vehicle. There are very less stocks in the company yard and I believe by this year end TML will be able to get rid of those. But still like you mentioned there is always a possibility of a few BS4 Hexas lying unsold come April 2020. These should turn out to be the bargain of the year.
Old 3rd November 2019, 21:13   #5136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My birdies confirm that the Hexa will not be discontinued and will be introduced in late 2020 with an updated 2.2L BS-VI engine, which will be from the same block as the existing Varicor.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:07   #5137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My birdies confirm that the Hexa will not be discontinued and will be introduced in late 2020 with an updated 2.2L BS-VI engine, which will be from the same block as the existing Varicor.
With sales as low as 150 units a month, the gross revenue Tata gets from Hexa would be about 20 crores per month. Is it worth keeping a product in the portfolio for such a low number?

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 3rd November 2019 at 22:33.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:56   #5138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Am I happy or am I happy to hear that!! Finally a news of a reliable old LARGE diesel engine being upgraded to live on in the BSVI era.

At the same time I'm a bit surprised that the same block will be continued. Would have been a good opportunity to take a technological step forward and make a powerful 2.0L engine. No?

Continuing the 2.2 DiCOR block for BSVI makes me suspect that the engine will actually become a commercial vehicle workhorse rather than a passenger vehicle power unit. BSVI norms for CVs will probably be less stringent (purely guessing) compared to PVs & may mean cheaper conversion to BSVI.

So MJD2.0 as primary PV engine & Varicor2.2 for small/medium utility vehicles perhaps. Perhaps we'll see a 2.2 Varicor powered 407 Deluxe!
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:17   #5139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, the joy of being alive! News such as this gives one the hope of having something to look up to, regardless of whether one acquires it or not. The Hexa is a veritable God among the pantheon of indestructible UVs in India.

Can your birdies also confirm what kind of a price hike we're looking at, for the BS VI Hexa? The quantum of the price hike may very well make me forever look up to the Hexa, the way I've looked up to Lisa Ray, Sonali Bhendre, etc., in the past... But I'm glad the Hexa will live on, all the same. Thanks for the update.
locusjag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:43   #5140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

While they're at it, can they please tweak the design a bit to make it more SUV-ish. get rid of the sloping kink in the roofline, rework the fenders/hood to give it a more upright stance, and a flat windscreen. Thank you.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:56   #5141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
While they're at it, can they please tweak the design a bit to make it more SUV-ish. get rid of the sloping kink in the roofline, rework the fenders/hood to give it a more upright stance, and a flat windscreen. Thank you.
Most car makers do a lot less than those things and actually launch a separate car with a different badge side by side.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:38   #5142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Most car makers do a lot less than those things and actually launch a separate car with a different badge side by side.
They actually should. It will have a fresh appeal as well. If Ertiga and XL6 can coexist, why not Hexa and another product. I guess it's the ladder frame chassis that makes TML to not invest more in the same. However, I would love to see a new product with Hexa underpinnings.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:40   #5143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
They actually should. It will have a fresh appeal as well. If Ertiga and XL6 can coexist, why not Hexa and another product. I guess it's the ladder frame chassis that makes TML to not invest more in the same. However, I would love to see a new product with Hexa underpinnings.
Maruti can do it because they know that combined those two will sell near 10k a month. Tata can sell only 200 a month even with 2 badges. After trying for a decade, they seem to have given up on ladder-frame based premium cars due to market response (lack of it).
As much as I'd like a Hexa 2.0 and an all new Safari Storme with that ladder frame, I think its wishful thinking.
Old 4th November 2019, 14:49   #5144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With sales as low as 150 units a month, the gross revenue Tata gets from Hexa would be about 20 crores per month. Is it worth keeping a product in the portfolio for such a low number?
It's not about the sales numbers but about how much contribution a product makes to the bottom line. In that sense my sources tell me that the Hexa is one of the highest contributors to TML profit wise. May be second only to the Tiago. So they are very happy with whatever little numbers its doing. I vividly remember my sources telling me that Hexa's contribution is between 10-15%. Which is damn good for a car which sells less than 200 copies each month.
ram87pune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 14:55   #5145
BHPian

Quote:
Great news.
Slightly off-topic, can we expect to see the Safari updated to BS 6 as well beyond April 2020?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks