Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 19:05   #5236
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Congratulations Yash, on your new acquisition.

Great to hear about your 'twistful' purchase story leaving the dealership experience aside.

Recently, I also visited the TaMo plant & had a 'brief' look at the left over stock that entirely consists of XT 6 seater only. Though I was keen on an XTA, it seems will have to settle now for a manual one.

I hope, it's the right time to bite the bullet.

Indeed, the inputs & experience stories of our fellow members help a lot while going for the decision finally.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 20:41   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Recently, I also visited the TaMo plant & had a 'brief' look at the left over stock that entirely consists of XT 6 seater only. Though I was keen on an XTA, it seems will have to settle now for a manual one.
Where is this plant? I asked a plant guy in Pune about any clearance sale for Hexa (for Zest XTA they have 2 lakh discount). He said no.

What price did they offer you for the XT? I am looking for XTA, but if I keep this beast mainly as an intercity vehicle, then I think manual is also ok (provided amy mouth watering deal is available). Just use cruise control as much as possible.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 21:39   #5238
BHPian

Hi guys.

We are almost 80% decided on the Hexa XT 6 seater. Question is when would be the ideal time to buy.

Dad is adamant on getting it in Jan and that too a freshly baked one. I'm concerned whether these discounts will continue till then or not. What if stocks clear out and its only built to order and hence no discounts would be offered.

Bigger concern is what if Tata do some half brain stunt and delete features in the new year. Maybe even raise prices.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 22:29   #5239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Where is this plant? I asked a plant guy in Pune about any clearance sale for Hexa (for Zest XTA they have 2 lakh discount). He said no.

What price did they offer you for the XT? I am looking for XTA, but if I keep this beast mainly as an intercity vehicle, then I think manual is also ok (provided amy mouth watering deal is available). Just use cruise control as much as possible.
The plant is in Pimpri where they manufacture the Hexa. They have around 8 XT models(2018/19) with them which they are trying to clear with lucrative discounts. Dr.Vikas is being offered 3 lakh off(company discount) on an XT from the 2018 August lot. If you want to switch to XT from XTA then you can look at these examples.
ram87pune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 22:41   #5240
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
Tata motors- Hexa plant is there in Pimpri Chinchwad.
Had a nice discussion with few Officers there.

There isn't any huge left over Hexa stock. In fact, only a few XTs- 6 seater, 2018 make are available now, NO any automatics &/ smaller models.

They are offering around 2.5- 3 L towards gross discount, but would further want to negotiate a bit before finalizing.

The production line now is more or less against orders.

In Feb/Mar, the production of BS VI vehicles would be rolling so as to make adequate stock to face the future demand.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 09:10   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
The plant is in Pimpri where they manufacture the Hexa. They have around 8 XT models(2018/19) with them which they are trying to clear with lucrative discounts. Dr.Vikas is being offered 3 lakh off(company discount) on an XT from the 2018 August lot. If you want to switch to XT from XTA then you can look at these examples.
3 lakhs good but not good enough. I will prefer a 2017 used XTA for about 13 lakh.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:13   #5242
BHPian

Quote:
Tata motors- Hexa plant is there in Pimpri Chinchwad.
I talked to Mr Madhusudan wrt Zest purchase. I specifically asked for Hexa. He said Hexa only has standard discount. Anyways.

Does Tata have BS6 engine ready to start production in 2 months? I didn't know that.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 00:23. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 20th November 2019, 22:40   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
As I had posted earlier, I had booked a the XTA back in September.
Many congratulations Yash. Your purchase is inspiring me to finally settle down with Hexa. I am also in market for Hexa buy little confused whether to go for used or new one due to budget constraints. As Dr.vikas mentioned very less stock is left in fhe plant, I am little anxious whether I will get good deal on new one. I left my efforts in the middle due to similar mental torture I got at Concorde Motors prabhadevi. But by reading your and fellow bhpian's happy stories with hexa, I am getting more and more eager to buy Hexa. Hope, soon I will join your club.
sandeepsc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:55   #5244
BHPian

Why is Tata so reluctant to launch Hexa at with 4WD?
Is there any possibility it might happen with the BS6 engine upgrade?
If not, I am waiting for the 2020 xuv500 with AWD. But I don't feel very confident it will have Hexa’s comfort and ride.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 00:24. Reason: Spacing, typos. Please run a spell-check before posting. Thanks!
Old 21st November 2019, 00:33   #5245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I am also in market for Hexa buy little confused whether to go for used or new one due to budget constraints. As Dr.vikas mentioned very less stock is left in fhe plant, I am little anxious whether I will get good deal on new one.
Hey Sandeep, no need for you to be confused or anxious, if you really wish to go for Hexa, this could be the right time, I guess. Just go & get it.

My mention regarding the less stock was restricted just to the 2018 make left over stock only & not about the 'fresh' ones.
And why the 2018 make?
It's only for the exclusive 19" diamond cut alloys & few other features those have been deleted either due to customer feedback or in the name of cost-cutting.

Anyways, hope this helps you to get the doubts cleared.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 06:37   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sandeep, no need for you to be confused or anxious, if you really wish to go for Hexa, this could be the right time, I guess. Just go & get it.
I think his confusion is between new and old. I feel getting old one makes sense for a budget conscious buyer for two reasons:
1. Hexa doesn't have a good resale value. XTA 2017 is available for 12-15 lakh, depending on the running and condition.
2. It is very well built. So 2 year old and 40k run cars also feel like new with decent maintenance.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 21st November 2019 at 06:41.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 13:18   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
My little concern or anxiety is only for those 19" diamond cut alloys which are any day steal of the deal. As you mentioned very less stock is remained in plant, i was little worried if i will be left no choice but buying 17". I knew this is the right time to make early decision on Hexa.

Quote:
I think his confusion is between new and old. I feel getting old one makes sense for a budget conscious buyer for two reasons:
You guessed it right. My confusion was between used Hexa or New Hexa manufactured in 2018. I loved those 19" diamond cut alloys from day one and i want Hexa only with 19".
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:01   #5248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My confusion was between used Hexa or New Hexa manufactured in 2018. I loved those 19" diamond cut alloys from day one and i want Hexa only with 19".
When in 2018 has it been manufactured? We are at the fag end of 2019 so this car has been there for a year already. Just standing in the stockyard weathering nature's elements? Demo car? Showroom car? Very rare that it will look pristine as a new car, fresh off the assembly line. A few months is ok but a year is stretching it. And Hexa hasn't been that bad a dud.

Unless you're really, really strapped for finances and there aren't any decent used Hexa samples, think real hard on this. Take the maximum possible EW for sure.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:31   #5249
BHPian

Quote:
i want Hexa only with 19
Let's do a deal. I will buy a used 2017 XTA, which will obviously have 19 inchers. You buy a new one. And we swap the wheels. What say?

PS: As a goodwill gesture, I wont charge you anything

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 21st November 2019 at 15:44.
Old 21st November 2019, 16:36   #5250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When in 2018 has it been manufactured? We are at the fag end of 2019 so this car has been there for a year already.
Demo car or TD car is strictly no for me. I was referring to vehicles which are available at dealer stockyard or the dealer going to arrange from company plant itself. As fellow BHPian Dr.Vikas has informed that there is still some 2018 manufactured stocks with 19" alloy wheels are available in company plant. May be vehicles will be in better environment compared to dealer stockyard. But i really admire your concern and will definitely consider it if at all i am going to buy stocked 2018 model

Quote:
Let's do a deal. I will buy a used 2017 XTA, which will obviously have 19 inchers. You buy a new one. And we swap the wheels. What say?

PS: As a goodwill gesture, I wont charge you anything
Hahaha. Good deal . Win win situation for both of us. Will have to think about it.

Most Viewed