Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 20:14   #5266
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I test-drove an XTA today. I didn't like the ride quality. Today itself I drove a Zest and it was s much better than hexa. The Hexa is a personal one, up for sale, and well maintained. I had a similar experience with test drive at a dealership, but I thought may be their car is heavily abused.

Now I think it might all be due to the wheels.
I would vouch for the Zest's ride quality, was massively impressed when a test drove it. TDed to see how AMT is in real life, but was surprised at the SUV like seating position and ride quality. Only negative- Absolute lack of storage spaces for the driver, something the Hexa suffers from too.

But to be unimpressed by Hexa's ride quality?

Maybe it's the inherent body-on frame movements at low walking speeds, but still Hexa's ride quality is a class apart. Still can't wrap my head around the way Hexa tackled an extremely rutted road near my friend's resort, which would have lead to any other BOF vehicles making our head hit the grab handles and ordinary cars to beach themselves. And this in the 19" shod XTA.

Maybe the TD of @dragonreborn Hexa will change the feeling.
Cheers
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 11:23   #5267
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and bought the new Hexa XTA. Took delivery on 11th November but could not post earlier as have been travelling since then. Took it to Lucknow for a conference and the vehicle handled superbly.

My only grouse is with the Music System. The Moment i restart the vehicle the system doesn't start from where i left off, in fact, it starts from the 1st song all over again. Any fix for this??
The_Warrior is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 14:16   #5268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Finally took the plunge and bought the new Hexa XTA. Took delivery on 11th November but could not post earlier as have been travelling since then. Took it to Lucknow for a conference and the vehicle handled superbly.
Congratulations!

How much you paid OTR and in which city? Is there a noticeable difference between the current hexa and the pre-facelift one?
Old 28th November 2019, 14:30   #5269
BHPian

Doesn't really happen like that in my Hexa, which is an Oct 2018 model, a pre-facelift one. The music system resumes from where you stopped. Try and have the TASS upgrade the ICE firmware, if available, and that might just do the trick.
Old 30th November 2019, 11:12   #5270
BHPian

Have been away from the forum for a while.

In the meantime: Took the vehicle (XTA) for Second year 40000 Kms service. Attached is the invoice. I had taken the Gold AMC half knowing that the running would be low because if I hadn’t taken the AMC, situations would have arisen to ensure a higher running!! That’s how life has been.

Actual distance done at the time of service 24279 Kms.

The brake pads weren’t changed due to low running. I am keen on having them changed anyway because I am sure they will ask me to get them replaced in the next annual service. The service advisor said I can dive into the workshop and get the brake pads replaced anytime before the AMC runs out, which is another 3 months away.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-8e6afe33fdf14e33bff1ded72999959e.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-f904afe8027f481e8d0d7e46168ba4e2.jpeg  

maven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:42   #5271
BHPian

Without AMC, what's the average service cost, including consumables?
Old 2nd December 2019, 21:28   #5272

Found some rust under the hood while inspecting my vehicle. Was wondering if this is covered under warranty. I bought my hexa on 17dec18.
If this isn't covered in warranty, what other measures can I take to get rid of the rust.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:12   #5273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostforce View Post
Found some rust under the hood while inspecting my vehicle. Was wondering if this is covered under warranty. I bought my hexa on 17dec18.
If this isn't covered in warranty, what other measures can I take to get rid of the rust.
Please see if you can post a picture. That way members can have a look & advise better. Some surface rust around corners over paint are quite common due to water accumulation. They can simply get wiped off with a rag & WD40. Can even be ignored as harmless. Only deep rust on exposed parts / paint chipped areas should be addressed in most cases. So it totally depends on the severity & location of your rusting issue.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:49   #5274
BHPian

I find that the high beam in my Hexa XMA is really low and almost makes two points on the road within the low-beam range. Does anyone else feel that the high beam is in effect useless and too low. As far as I know there is no adjustment for this. Using stock bulbs and the car suspension is not faulty or low.

There is a software issue in your system. Get it reloaded with Tata and it will be fine.

Rust is covered for one year under the warranty. You have found it just in time. Meet the dealer and make sure the complaint is registered before the one year deadline.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd December 2019 at 14:15. Reason: Consecutive posts merged. Please do not post back-to-back on the same thread, use the EDIT function instead.
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:14   #5275
BHPian

An off topic question and apologies for posting this here instead of the Aria thread. Is there any sort of AMC package that Tata Motors provides for cars that are out of warranty?

Context is I have a 2012 Aria and the service costs for repairs and replacements are quite high, and I'd like to pay for a cover-all AMC rather than piecemeal items. The workshop didn't have anything apart from the Gold club booklet worth Rs 250 which gives a 5% discount on labour charges and some repair parts.
Old 3rd December 2019, 23:11   #5276
BHPian

Slightly OT, but I noticed quite a few Hexas in the used car section of Carwale. Curiously except 2, the other 10 were the automatic variants (XTA) of 2017 make. I’m talking only about cars in Mumbai.

Is there some known problem with the 2017 batch of automatics ?
Old 3rd December 2019, 23:50   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post
Slightly OT, but I noticed quite a few Hexas in the used car section of Carwale. Curiously except 2, the other 10 were the automatic variants (XTA) of 2017 make. I’m talking only about cars in Mumbai.

Is there some known problem with the 2017 batch of automatics ?
I am actually considering one of those
Yes, this question crossed my mind too. It's a bit unusual for the top model of an unpopular car in such numbers in the used car market.
Old 4th December 2019, 06:46   #5278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
An off topic question and apologies for posting this here instead of the Aria thread. Is there any sort of AMC package that Tata Motors provides for cars that are out of warranty?
I think all AMC offers are limited up to 5 years, that is till the extended warranty period is over. After that we are on our own.

On another note , Can you tell us what are the repairs and replacements that you are having to do on the Aria. How many kms has it run ?
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 00:27   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think all AMC offers are limited up to 5 years, that is till the extended warranty period is over. After that we are on our own.

On another note , Can you tell us what are the repairs and replacements that you are having to do on the Aria. How many kms has it run ?
Right, I'm out of luck then.

The Aria has run 812xx kms and is a preowned vehicle which was checked by a cars24 mechanic before I purchased it approx 4 months ago.

However TASS has identified an issue during the first servicing last week with the rack & pinion and have quoted 29k for replacement.

I'm waiting for a full checkup and estimates from them. Will keep updating on the Aria thread.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 20:29   #5280
BHPian

So we are decided on the Hexa XT 4X2 6 seat : Harrier XZ with more of an inclination towards the Hexa.

Any idea on the discounts in Mumbai and the waiting period too?

We wish to bring home our new ride by 10 Jan 2020 if everything goes smoothly.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed