Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:27   #526
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
If its going to be 19L ex-showroom, it would be a great gamble.
Yes. Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I agree with you on pricing HEXA XTA (4x2) below XUV W10 AWD-AT.
Again we should not forget that Hexa is more capable and practical vehicle than XUV.
Guys. I really don't think that people are going to pay more for the Hexa just because it is a more capable vehicle or it has a better ride quality. People will compare features and that's what will sell. Whether we like it or not, that's the truth. I really hope Tata see it that way too.

And what makes us think that Mahindra are not preparing for this? I went to the Mahindra showroom yesterday to see the XUV AT and the advisor there was well versed with how to compare the XUV with the Hexa.

This is exactly how he showed me the XUV W10 AT vis-a-vis the Hexa
- ESP (Played a video on the XUV's screen) - This is impressive for a buyer
- Tyretronics (Again played a video on the XUV's screen)
- Hill descent control / Hill hold
- Sunroof (Work's like a charm)
- Start / Stop button
- 7" display (Against Hexa's 5")
- Electronic 6-way seat adjust (Hexa has manual)
- Fully foldable seats (Hexa's don't fold fully)
+ mentioned that XUV is tried and tested vehicle. Mahindra have more experience in the SUV space.
Overall did a good job in selling the XUV against the Hexa

Ans as if that was not enough, he did subtly mention that XUV comes with AWD in the AT version as well, in case one needs it.

Now for a buyer, these are big differences. Unless Tata make this a compelling financial story, I don't see people lining up for the Hexa, despite all the good things on it's side.

I really want to see Hexa do well. It's important not just for Tata, but also for the Indian car manufacturers. But Tata really need to get the pricing right.

Last edited by ptushar : 3rd January 2017 at 19:29. Reason: Comment
ptushar is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:47   #527
Senior - BHPian

I have TDed Hexa XTA at Calicut last week and today at Chennai from Tafe Access where i've booked Platinum Silver XT 4*4.

As everyone uttered, It's very comfy in all kind of roads and captain seats are good to go for long drives without much issues.

I have tested reversing, but the adaptive guidelines which move with steering input is not at all coming into live. i have inquired with sales rep. He is not at having idea on it as well I've tried with all set ups.

Whether adaptive guidelines only available in Manual and any way to activate it in Auto?
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:23   #528
BHPian

Am looking at Hexa or XUV (7-seater is must for big family) to replace my Scorpio and went for Hexa experience at Bangalore during Christmas weekend, here are my impressions on driving Hexa XT Manual

Pros:
1. Solid build and Excellent ride quality
2. Acres of space and vehicle feels huge inside.
3. Lots of bells and whistles
4. Legroom is comfortable in all rows
5. Nice comfortable seats
6. Slotting gears wasn't a problem as discussed on this forum.
7. Luggage space is decent with all seats in place.

Cons:
1. Ergonomics are big mess, too uncomfortable to place feet at the footwell, too much of strain for left leg during those long drives.
2. Handrest for driver is joke.
3. Clutch travel is way too much
4. Roof touches head in the last row
5. Though 10 speaker music, the output wasn't impressive, even at the best of equalizer settings.
6. Not enough storage space (mobile, coins, etc) for driver.
7. Not impressive engine for vehicle this size (comparing with XUV), though not a deal breaker

-Rajesh
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:30   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Now for a buyer, these are big differences. Unless Tata make this a compelling financial story, I don't see people lining up for the Hexa, despite all the good things on it's side.

I really want to see Hexa do well. It's important not just for Tata, but also for the Indian car manufacturers. But Tata really need to get the pricing right.
You sir, are a story teller. You presented impressive facts and wrote the quoted text to make clear your viewpoint. I couldn't agree more. TaMo have had a long journey with higher than the sky expectations, have failed more than a few times in meeting those, have shown that much needed spark with the growth after the balanced and proven Vista platform, competence in quality with the Zest and a hint with the Tiago about the potential hidden behind endless prejudiced comments, have that flavor of patriotism and have Safari Storme as a representation of their true values. It perfectly makes a story of a hero. We just want it to succeed and hence need TaMo to price it not truly competitively but agressively.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:40   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Agree.

Guys. I really don't think that people are going to pay more for the Hexa just because it is a more capable vehicle or it has a better ride quality. People will compare features and that's what will sell. Whether we like it or not, that's the truth. I really hope Tata see it that way too.

And what makes us think that Mahindra are not preparing for this? I went to the Mahindra showroom yesterday to see the XUV AT and the advisor there was well versed with how to compare the XUV with the Hexa.

Wow, that's an impressive sales pitch for XUV, now I expect Hexa to be priced aggressively against XUV (negating any price cuts they may announce like Ecosport underwent after launch of Brezza) in order for TATA to have another sure shot winner. Tiago pricing strategy was perfect, they need to follow the same for Hexa & other impending launches until TATA wipes off the trust deficit and are considered equal with other players.
Old 4th January 2017, 07:56   #531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now for a buyer, these are big differences.
Features do sell. There is one ownership report running [or maybe, there are more] who just got the XUV because of features and I know a couple of them who got the XUV because of its expansive feature list. That is how the market functions. XUV is a good SUV, just that as of now Hexa appears better.

But Hexa selling as much as the XUV despite being a fresh product...I have my doubts.
Old 4th January 2017, 09:43   #532
BHPian

Found this amazing stunt video on youtube. I am not sure whether this can be posted here. But I have not found any other appropriate thread.

Source: Youtube (Mech Enfield).
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 19:09   #533
BHPian

Downloaded TATA HEXA app from play store.
Screen grab of sky gray from 360 view.
Basically an interactive brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20170104190230.png  

tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 21:04   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

On the recent Hexa pricing discussion, here's a comparison on pricing of the competition the Tata flagship will be facing in the market:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg
(Click to *OPEN* in a Separate Window)

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

AT/AMT/AWD/4x4 variants are marked in BOLD+Italics.

I kept the pricing cut-off at Rs 11 lakhs, ex-showroom, so some lower variants of some SUVs/pseudo-SUVs are omitted from this.

Mahindra XUV500's official pricing page is being updated, so using the December 2016 prices instead.

Added prices from competition from a segment below as well, just to show an indication of how the prices have gone up steeply in recent years.

And finally, inserted the Hexa variants at their possible pricing entries, vis-a-vis their competition and as per widespread media reports.

Now, where would you ideally want the Hexa lineup to be priced at, after knowing what the car brings to the table?
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:18   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Now, where would you ideally want the Hexa lineup to be priced at, after knowing what the car brings to the table?
If hexa's listing is done according to increase in price, i guess XT would come below XMA as it would be costlier!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:21   #536
BHPian

I tried to derive it from the following references:

1. comparison with the reasonably priced prime competitor XUV and exorbitant Innova
2. product from its own stable, slightly lower in the order
3. its previous avatar, which was perceived to be priced well (after the price cut, i.e.)

I think 12 - 18L is what Tata should be looking at. If Aria Pride 4x4 was well priced at 17.3L, then the Hexa 4x4 with few additional features and inflation adjustment, deserves to be priced at 18L or thereabouts. I don't think a small difference in price between XUV and Hexa will matter. Most will decide (between these two, i.e), based on features and appearance or brand perception.

18L for the top end will also give Tata enough room to keep selling the Storme at the same price point.

Only question is where they position the XTA. My guess is around 16.5 L.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:39   #537
BHPian

Hexa experience now in Mumbai from 13th to 15th Jan at MMRDA Grounds, BKC. Just got the invite from the RM at Deogiri Auto.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:40   #538
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review Aditya and Vid... Voted 5 stars.

Quote:
This is exactly how he showed me the XUV W10 AT vis-a-vis the Hexa
He missed the safety factors (of XUV perspective)
- the static bending headlamps
- dual reverse lights
- dual rear fog lamps
- auto-folding ORVMs when the car is locked
and important cost of ownership factors:
- available extended warranty
- 12 months/10K service interval of XUV vs 6month/10K kms of Hexa
- 17" tyres of XUV vs 19" tyres of Hexa. 5 Bridgestone Duelers for XUV will cost 70,000+ rupees, imagine just how much 19-inchers will cost you.

OT: AFAIK start/stop button (dreaded "micro hybrid") is not available in XUV AT nor true keyless start. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 4th January 2017 at 22:44.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 23:00   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hexa experience now in Mumbai from 13th to 15th Jan at MMRDA Grounds, BKC. Just got the invite from the RM at Deogiri Auto.
Here's the invitation:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Before that, the Hexa Experience event will be held in Chennai between 6th Jan - 8th Jan, 2017:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15894274_10211563386743413_5211057261189963887_n.jpg

Also, the official invitation sent to Kochi customers for the official launch of the Hexa in Kochi on 21st Jan, 2017:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15826673_1232484693498123_7352087490287071262_n.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 23:01   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
He missed the safety factors (of XUV perspective)
Actually he did mention the static bending headlamps and auto folding mirrors. I guess, I missed mentioning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
OT: AFAIK start/stop button (dreaded "micro hybrid") is not available in XUV AT nor true keyless start. Correct me if I am wrong.
Actually it is available. Push button start and passive keyless entry are available in the W8 AT and W10 AT versions.

Hopefully this Saturday I will get to Test Drive the Hexa XTA and the XUV AT. that should help settle the debate for me to some extent. That will leave just the price factor for the final decision making.

But one thing for sure, both XUV and Hexa have really made Mahindra & Tata look great.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks