Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 12:04   #5431
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Why can’t they sell both products along with each other. There will obviously price overlapping but same has happened with Mahindra also. They have XUV300, XUV500 and Marrazzo whose prices are overlapping amongst each other. Both Hexa and Gravitas are seven seater but both are based on different platforms. Hexa being rugged and solid body on frame vehicle while Gravitas can be advertised as more modern, feature rich and youthful land rover derived platform vehicle. Both vehicles will have different takers and won’t eat each other business.

Other way is to have different dealership pattern like Maruti. Tata can have premium dealership on grounds of Nexa dealership for cars underpinning ALFA and OMEGA platforms.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:26   #5432
BHPian

Most of us are optimists here. Some Tata fans (I'm one). And some Tata bashers.

We can all agree the Gravitas won't set the sales chart on fire. Not after looking at the way Harrier has performed, and Tata's lazy marketing and timely add on goof ups.

How difficult exactly was it for them to figure out that a large touchscreen, panoramic sunroof, electric seats, ventilated seats, front parking sensors etc (lets not even mention the AT) would pull in some footfalls? Everyone would agree that these features would have made the Harrier and Gravitas truly premium and people would pay for it. Seltos (overpriced) and Hector have shown that its the market that dictates what it wants, not the other way around.

Neither is it that your showroom, sales and service experience is something to look forward to. The Wasan Borivali (one of the major suburbs of Mumbai) showroom here, you wouldn't even buy a Nano there, let alone a 2 million rupee car.

Now they're delaying/discontinuing the Hexa to save face for whatever let down or okayish sales figures the Gravitas would have. Cause if some prospective Harrier owners have switched to the Hexa, no way would it be easy to sell the Gravitas, with the Hexa smiling & winking at you in one corner of the showroom.

As of now, I feel the Hexa would be downgraded or discontinued, both of which would be sad.

Peugeot, Citroen, Kia, Skoda, VW, Hyundai, and God knows how many Chinese brands are due to enter this segment. Get aggressive Tata, or you would have 3 also ran in your hands. Nothing else.

Last edited by TROOPER : 19th December 2019 at 18:28.
TROOPER is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:59   #5433
BHPian

So we had the PDI done for our Hexa today. The dealers QC and PDI was pending. The car was untouched post unloading from transport.

No problems with the paint, body, engine bay. As per my inspection.

Only 3 issues.

The cowl of the speedometer, is misaligned. The SA told its common in the Hexa. I really doubt that. I don't know whether to force them to fix it. All they'll probably do is pry it open and make it worse.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-photo-hexa.jpg

The panel underneath the steering was misaligned. That should be an easy fix IMO. SA agreed.

The right rear door handle was a bit jammy. Guess a normal QC should sort it.

Rest everything seemed well.

Feature deletions:

Parking camera with guidance is present. Has not been deleted. It was mentioned that the guide lines were deleted.

The chrome exhausts are namesake. No tailpipe peeping through either of them.

No sun glass holder. Wonder how many millions of dollars were saved.

All the puddle cum warning lamps are gone, replaced with blanks, so much for safety.

Still room for fit and finish, and quality of plastics. But nothing you cannot live with.

Hoping everything goes smooth ahead. Fingers crossed.
TROOPER is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 15:53   #5434
Senior - BHPian

A quick update on my Hexa.

Just got all the 4 brake pads replaced. The car has done around 33k kms on the original set. The total cost was around 11000/-. This includes changing both the tailgate struts which were acting up. The tailgate would only open to about 75% on it's own and the rest had to be done by hand.

Also got the silencer replaced as it was cracked. This was done under warranty. Don't know how it cracked. Attaching a photo below.

The work was carried out at Bafna Motors Kasarwadi workshop. The experience so far has been good with them. Also the service advisor Mr. Jayesh has been attending to my car since day 1. He is a very experienced person.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20191215wa0022.jpg  

ram87pune is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 22:55   #5435
BHPian

Saw a blue Hexa with grey roof job in our office today. Someone was taking a test drive. Couldn't stop and admire this beauty. Apparently Concorde is closed in Chennai (didn't show up in NEXON EV booking page) and this dealer confirmed the same. This is a new dealer called gokulam the same group that controls gokulam chit funds. Had a friendly chat and found them to be very kind and affable. I wish them good luck. Coming back to Hexa i still wish to buy this car. Just that we already have 3 cars at home and no immediate need. Just waiting for some reason to come up.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191220_225356.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191220_225411.jpg  

Last edited by irdevanand : 20th December 2019 at 22:56.
irdevanand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 12:02   #5436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
So we had the PDI done for our Hexa today.
Congrats Trooper as you have put one step further to own this mammoth beauty. Apart from our PDI checklist what other points you considered specific to Hexa. I will be doing my PDI possibly in next week so i want to be prepared for that.
Old 21st December 2019, 12:12   #5437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Congrats Trooper as you have put one step further to own this mammoth beauty. Apart from our PDI checklist what other points you considered specific to Hexa. I will be doing my PDI possibly in next week so i want to be prepared for that.
I took all the inspiration as far as PDI is concerned from here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-kulkarni.html (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni))

The SA was a bit shocked looking at the way I was carrying out the PDI

This is exhaustive and should suffice.

All the best!

Last edited by TROOPER : 21st December 2019 at 12:32.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 09:12   #5438
BHPian

Got the third free service done today.

This service was due post one year of purchase , or 20000 kms, whichever is earlier. I have been able to clock only 7k odd kms in the first year of ownership, mainly due to a hectic work schedule.

Nothing much to report. Since Engine oil was changed in the 2nd service itself, this one was just about general check ups. Nil charges.

No issues with the vehicle till date. Its a joy to own and drive.

Only regret - I haven't been able to get time to drive it around enough. :-(

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd December 2019 at 09:44. Reason: fixed line spacing
nvldvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 06:07   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
So we had the PDI done for our Hexa today. The dealers QC and PDI was pending.
Congratulations Trooper for the new Hexa.
Hope, rest of the formalities are over by now & you might be enjoying the beauty finally.

I'm still in the process to book one & hopefully will join the club soon.

Share some more pics.
Thanks
Dr.Vikas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:07   #5440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Congratulations Trooper for the new Hexa.
Hope, rest of the formalities are over by now & you might be enjoying the beauty finally.

I'm still in the process to book one & hopefully will join the club soon.

Share some more pics.
Thanks
Thank You very much!

Well the Hexa will be home in 1st week of January. Small delay because we want it to be registered on 2nd or 3rd Jan.

Good luck in your pursuit of purchasing the Hexa!
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:22   #5441
BHPian

Quote:

Well the Hexa will be home in 1st week of January. Small delay because we want it to be registered on 2nd or 3rd Jan.
Have you opted for Gold AMC and extended warranty? Is it beneficial to opt for gold AMC if your running is low say 10000Km/year?

Any reason not registering your car in 2019?
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:59   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Have you opted for Gold AMC and extended warranty? Is it beneficial to opt for gold AMC if your running is low say 10000Km/year?

Any reason not registering your car in 2019?
Have not opted for AMC because our running won't be high. Plus we don't want to be tied to one dealership. We keep visiting Mangalore, so there could be a possibility we service over there.

Nothing specific, just want a 2020 date on the RC. Plus the dealer was saying that the RTO would be in holiday mood starting 25th.

On another note, we went to give the cheque today. There was advert flex in the dealership, which said that Hexa's price hike would be up to 75k!! Seal the deal guys, whoever wants the Hexa, ASAP.
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:24   #5443
BHPian

I called my SA today who told me that yesterday there was lot of rush in the showroom and most inquiries were for Hexa and Harrier. Don't know how true it is?

My dealer is offering additional anti rust treatment with 3 years warranty or front parking sensors in compensation to further discount i asked for. Which one to select considering maximum benefit i will get? I am intended for front parking sensors which cost 4K. Need help.
Old 23rd December 2019, 14:38   #5444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My dealer is offering additional anti rust treatment with 3 years warranty or front parking sensors ... Which one to select considering maximum benefit i will get?
What kind of rust-treatment is it ?

I think you will get used to the parking and would not need the front sensors after a little usage. Suggest check the anti-rust treatment. Or if any other options available.
Quote:
Have not opted for AMC because our running won't be high. Plus we don't want to be tied to one dealership.
AMC is by Tata and not by dealer. So that would not be an issue. But AMC does cover the services - which are also time bound. Even if you dont complete the running mentioned in the service schedule

Last edited by condor : 23rd December 2019 at 14:40.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:50   #5445
BHPian

Quote:
I called my SA today who told me that yesterday there was lot of rush in the showroom and most inquiries were for Hexa and Harrier. Don't know how true it is?

My dealer is offering additional anti rust treatment with 3 years warranty or front parking sensors in compensation to further discount i asked for. Which one to select considering maximum benefit i will get? I am intended for front parking sensors which cost 4K. Need help.
Well Tata is being shady now. They are saying 1 lac factory discounts, but not disclosing that manual XTs are only from June July lot. June/July lot Hexas have 1.5 lac discount. Tell your dealer to be transparent and that I have spoken with factory people and they confirmed the same.

The Anti rust treatment usually has 5 year warranty.
I won't recommend to get it done from the dealer.
Here's what bhpian globemaster said and I concur https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4682589 (Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car)

Even I don't recommend front parking sensors. They'll probably drill holes in the bumper and screw with the factory fit of the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks