Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 10:26   #5476

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi guys ,took delivery of my magnificent behemoth , the XM+ yesterday! Super excited and can't wait to set out on my first long drive. Did some checking out on the highway around the city & I must say he feels solid and stable. Couple of questions : (1) Anyone here who drive XM+ variant installed the sub woofer in the slot provided on the inside of the back door? Looking for suggestions
(2) Any option to fit arm rest for the driver seat? Having driven the Mahindra Xylo last 6 years I'm very used to the arm rest and find it super comfortable. Thanks in advance
Attaching some pictures of my beast......
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20191229wa0050.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191229_120459.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191229_110328.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191226_150912.jpg  

hexamaniac is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 13:22   #5477
Distinguished - BHPian

It appears as though Tata no longer has any stocks of the Hexa left at the plant.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 19:50   #5478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexamaniac View Post
Hi guys ,took delivery of my magnificent behemoth , the XM+ yesterday!
Many congratulations Hexamaniac for this beauty on wheels. Your Team-bhp handle itself suggests your craziness towards Hexa. I will be joining you very soon as fellow Hexa owner. My Hexa delivery is scheduled on coming Sunday. Mine is also sky grey colour as no colour choice is left for Hexa. Please do post your driving experience and keep us updated for any accessories you are planning to install.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th December 2019 at 21:17. Reason: Fixed typo.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 15:05   #5479

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post

So we negotiated with the dealer, and got insurance for 55k with standard 95% IDV.
Need your advice here. I need to give a competitive quote to the dealer.
Do they accept these quotes we see online, with 95% ESP set as IDV ?

Or do they accept only an offline quote prepared by an insurance agent.
Please share your experience.
Old 31st December 2019, 15:34   #5480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrukt View Post
Need your advice here. I need to give a competitive quote to the dealer.Do they accept these quotes we see online, with 95% ESP set as IDV ?Or do they accept only an offline quote prepared by an insurance agent. Please share your experience.
No need to show them any quotes. These chaps know everything like the back of their hands.

Here's what we did. Make up a figure in your mind which would be a fair value, after researching the insurance premiums online with 95% IDV. Also see if they are comprehensive with 3 yr 3rd party cover and 0 dep. Then take 5-8k off this fair value and quote it to him. He should settle somewhere around your fair value. Note your premium should be less, not around 55k, considering its the XM+ variant.

If the car has arrived at dealership, you could arm twist them, people aren't exactly lining up to buy the Hexa.

Any other queries wrt insurance, try posting here, you'll get response from the real insurance experts
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...es-ask-me.html (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

Last edited by TROOPER : 31st December 2019 at 15:42.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 16:16   #5481
BHPian

Congrats @hexamaniac. XM+ was one of the models I was considering when I was looking out for a vehicle in that price range. Wish you tons and tons of happy miles and smiles.

Can you please post some interior pics of the vehicle?
Old 31st December 2019, 21:06   #5482
BHPian

So, finally booked Tata Hexa XTA Pearl White. The expected delivery time is around 10 days. Checked the VIN. It's from Dec 2019 make. 1.7L was the total discount offered.

One query though:

SA says the side step provided by Tata is around 18K. When I said I'll get it from out, he is offering for 5k Should I opt for it? How is the quality? GC issues?
NitinDev is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 21:25   #5483
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Nitin. Wishing you a long happy ownership of the Hexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
SA says the side step provided by Tata is around 18K. When I said I'll get it from out, he is offering for 5k Should I opt for it? How is the quality? GC issues?
Ask him to show the step once - at least in pics. You can decide after that. It is an external item, and you could take a chance with it. But do check the aesthetics of the step he is offering.
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 21:50   #5484
BHPian

It is true that tata oem / branded side step is 17-18K.
If he is ready to give the same for 5K - go ahead - its much better than local ones.
Just check physically if its really 5K for the same thing - to be doubly sure, before making any commitment
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 13:17   #5485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
So, finally booked Tata Hexa XTA Pearl White. The expected delivery time is around 10 days. Checked the VIN. It's from Dec 2019 make. 1.7L was the total discount offered.

One query though:

Welcome to Hexa club Nitin. You have really cracked a good deal with December-19 make car. If possible can you share break up of your discount so that I can just cross check my discount.

As per accessory list share by my dealer, the OEM side steps are priced at 16K. If the dealer is offering it at 5K then it is better to double check whether the side steps offered to you are the same as listed in official accessory list or a local one. My accessory guy was pushing hard to get combo pack of accessories for 38k with door visors free. But when I politely declined the offer, the guy changed his mood and started ignoring me. When I asked about availability of front parking sensors (I got free from dealer) at the time of delivery, he said sensors are not readily available and have to order from company. No assurance on installation of sensors before delivery. It is better to be prepared before negotiating for accessories.
sandeepsc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 15:48   #5486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
at the time of delivery, he said sensors are not readily available and have to order from company. No assurance on installation of sensors before delivery. It is better to be prepared before negotiating for accessories.
Did you get it noted in the Booking form that it's to be given for free? If so, follow up with the higher ups in the dealership and they will do it.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:30   #5487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Did you get it noted in the Booking form that it's to be given for free? If so, follow up with the higher ups in the dealership and they will do it.
It is not noted in the booking form but manager of the showroom himself confirmed it as free accessory while final negotiation was happening. The SA however has confirmed that sensors will be installed before delivery.
Old 2nd January 2020, 21:10   #5488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
It appears as though Tata no longer has any stocks of the Hexa left at the plant.
If you are really keen and do not mind sourcing from Karnataka, please try at KHT Bangalore. They had a couple of XTAs in stock, with some good discount.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:15   #5489
Distinguished - BHPian

After discussing the possibility of a car upgrade in 2020, my wife and I decided to start the hunt with the one vehicle that we really loved and nearly bought a few years ago - the Tata Hexa.

Dealership Experience
We called MALAYALAM TATA MOTORS (Vytilla) and requested for a test drive (TD) of the Hexa automatic. After some initial confusion from their side, they finally got the right sales guy talking to us. He brought the automatic over for a TD on the 1st, which was good for us as the roads were largely empty and I could drive it comfortably.

Test Drive Experience
The vehicle had done over 55,000 kms on it and was a 2017 manufactured car. Somehow we were not bowled over by the Hexa, in the same way that we were in 2017 when we had last test driven it. That car had much less kilometers on the odometer for sure. Back to the test drive experience in 2020, the ride quality was good but we felt it should have been better. I was deliberately driving over the multiple potholes and dug up roads that are part and parcel of Cochin and while it performed well, the suspension didnt live up to the hype. The engine was also loud, enthusiasts will like this and probably term it to be "sporty" but we like our engines to be quieter than this. Other than that though, I enjoyed the Hexa. It is an easy car to get into and drive without much adjustment, this despite me driving hatchbacks for years. The engine was quite punchy and more than sufficient for Kerala's driving conditions. The all round visibility was just great. The seats were very comfortable for both me and the Home Minister. The interiors were very well put together and except for a tiny sound from the passenger seat in some situations, I would have thought that this was a new car and not a well abused 55,000 km run test drive car. The gearbox performed well by my not so elevated standards and I had no complaints.

BS6 Hexa
Since Tata doesnt have any more Hexas left in its plant, all new one are going to be the BS6 model. The expected price bump is Rs 1,00,000 and the dealerships will be taking on new test drive cars as well. That should bring the on road price of the Hexa XTA in Kerala up to Rs 24 lakhs. We will definitely test drive it and see how it stacks up against the competition.

We drove to the showroom and test drove the Harrier for a short while as well, to gauge the ride quality of that platform. I will post the details of that in the Harrier thread.

Overall, we really liked the Hexa but maybe a newer and / or better maintained test drive car would have made this a 9 / 10 experience instead of an 8 / 10.

As for the sales experience, I was very happy with the sales guy George, who arranged for the test drive cars. He was knowledgeable and explained all the details of both the Harrier and Hexa patiently. While we usually hear terrible stories of uninterested staff in generally poor Tata dealerships, there are good apples out there. So far, I would give the sales experience a full thumbs up.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 3rd January 2020 at 10:19.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:42   #5490
BHPian

All - Need some advice on a creaking sound coming from the rear end of the car.

On uneven roads/speed breakers, I have been facing a constant creaking/rattling sound. I had this issue before as well(6000 KMs back to be precise) and at that time the service center folks had greased a few parts from the underbelly that had solved the issue. Now that the issue is back again, what should I ask the service center to check? I am looking at a long term solution and do not want to visit the ASS every time this issue crops up!

Vehicle details -
Model - XTA 2017
KMs covered - 31K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks