Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 11:49   #5521

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi guys , any pointers to (1) Sub woofer for my XM+ (2) Arm rest for driver seat (I miss this sorely from my Xylo) Thanks in advance!
Old 10th January 2020, 11:52   #5522
BHPian

Finally! Took delivery of our Hexa XT 4X2 June 2019 Make last evening.

Dealer is Inderjit Cars, Mira Bhayandar. Showroom is not humongous but decent by Tata standards. Observed that the Nexon was moved out and the Harrier had taken up its place. Nexon facelift prep I guess. Service center is in a secluded place and a bit cramped. Only downside, we stay in Dahisar & I’ll have to cross the Dahisar toll naka every time to go there and traffic there is a royal pain in the rear cheeks. Hope visits stay to a minimum.

After some initial goof up by the dealer in the car allotment, the remaining process was quite smooth.

Delivery event too was very smooth. The usual cake cutting etc. Above expectations to be honest. All the paperwork was in place, warranty stuff was explained. Tire change process and tools were explained. ICE & feature demo was given. All in all, a great experience.

Just one issue. Tata has some strange rule where they expect the delivery process to be completed in half an hour! We were there for over an hour, and still I felt the delivery process to be rushed, Team-BHP effect I guess. In the end our SA said, when Tata calls, tell the delivery was done in half an hour. Personally, I feel, it’s a double-edged sword. In a way its good that there won’t be any lag in the process, but all the rushing would irritate people like us.

The Car

The Good:
One word, PRESENCE. Trumps the Harrier in presence. Turns heads too. Post booking, I felt we made a mistake with the Tungsten silver. Should have gone for safe white. But no, the Tungsten Silver with Black roof looks S-E-X-Y. Have seen similar shades on Range Rovers and a society member was appalled by the presence and exclaimed that it looks like a Land Rover w.r.t. color and presence. Passed by a couple of fortuners & innovas. Feels good to see eye to eye. The Innova seems so puny in presence. Simply Meh! (Sorry all Innova owners)

And rickshaw drivers can be easily bullied now. Have observed how they take a quick right or U turn and cut you off without looking back? Yeah, that’s gone. One honk and they scatter. Small car drivers who pay attention don’t dare to cut you off. Two wheelers ? No change. Be it a Nano, or Hexa, zero effect. No offense to bikers on this forum, but Indian 2 wheel riders are the worst. They’ve got zero patience.

Fit and finish is excellent. Everything feels solid. A test drive 2018 Hexa was standing next to ours and I could make out the difference in the shut lines. Slight improvement. Harrier effect?

The ICE is excellent. May not cater to true audiophiles, but way more than enough for the masses.

The seats are so good, I’m worried I’d doze off on long highway drives.

The Turbo Woosh sounds so good. Dynamic mode on. 3rd gear on and you’ll find me grinning like a fool.

To Hexa fanboys who have ridden with 19” wheels, try riding in the 17” ones, Bom-bai craters seem to be filled with Amul butter now.

The Bad:
I don’t think the dealer has done any extensive PDI corrections, as expected. The rear doors handles don’t move back to their original position, sometimes they close, sometimes you got to push them shut. That’s probably because of lack of use and no lubricant. Went for a drive last night & today morning. Air con off, windows up and no music. Could hear a squeaking/creaking sound on undulating and bad roads. Have consulted with bhpian ram87pune and we feel it’s the driver’s door hinge which needs some lubrication.

Also, the panel beneath the steering wheel is not shut properly. Have observed the same in other Hexas. Some people in the QC department @ Tata are still snoring.

The Notchbox – Not Gearbox: 1st and 2nd gears are notchy as hell. The remaining gears too are notchy. The test drive car was 50-60% smoother. Hear & feel that thunking sound BEST buses make while changing gears? Same here. Hope it improves with mileage, like other owners have reported.

Don’t let Tata fool you when they say that they switched to the 17”ers for easy steering at parking speeds. My forearms hurt as I type this. The 19” wheel deletion is pure cost cutting.

Lazy Tata. As if the Aria hangover wasn’t enough, you brought back those wheels. Although the wheels in black don’t look cheap, neither lack presence TBH.

Pathetic rear view camera for the price.

Lack of storage space for the driver. No space for mobile, wallet, keys etc. How much can one store in the box below the armrest?

FEATURE DELETIONS: Shot the Harrier in the foot, so swung an axe at the Hexa’s knee to keep the Harrier happy.

That sexy Varicor 400 branded engine cover is gone! Sunglass holder gone. Roof rails gone. 3rd row charging socket gone. Puddle lamps gone.

Will post a detailed ownership review after covering some miles.

Special Thanks to Bhpians ram87pune, sandeepsc and Satshan for having patience and helping me with my queries. Also to this amazing forum, the ownership reviews and all members to help us finalize on the Hexa.

Dual tone looks damn sexy in person
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-001.jpg

Oodles of presence
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-4.jpg

The Varicor 400 branded engine cover is gone!
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-6.jpg

Last edited by TROOPER : 10th January 2020 at 11:57.
TROOPER is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 12:19   #5523
BHPian

Congratulations Trooper and welcome to Hexa club. Your Hexa is stunning and looks pretty in silver color. Actually my choice of color was also Tungsten silver but all the family members said no to it hence opted for Sky Grey color. I have also noticed same bad things that you mentioned but we have to live with it. All these negatives will vanish when you put your feet on A peddle. Congrats again and happy crunching miles.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 14:53   #5524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post

That sexy Varicor 400 branded engine cover is gone! Sunglass holder gone. Roof rails gone. 3rd row charging socket gone. Puddle lamps gone.

[/center]
Can't believe that XT owners are not getting nifty features like sunglass holder and 3rd row charging socket. My 2017 XM has all these features. Feel sorry for new Hexa owners.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th January 2020 at 15:55. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of posts.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 18:06   #5525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Finally! Took delivery of our Hexa XT 4X2 June 2019 Make last evening.

Congrats!!! Will be taking my XTA tomorow

BTW, is there any way to fix the engine cover from older models to the newer ones?
NitinDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 18:25   #5526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Congrats!!! Will be taking my XTA tomorow

BTW, is there any way to fix the engine cover from older models to the newer ones?
You could place an order from your dealer for the spare part and follow up with Tata directly to get it done as soon as possible.

Another way would be to get it from a site like Boodmo and get it delivered to you and go the DIY route.

Congrats on getting a great car.

Edit: this seems to be the one https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-cove...ine-37469010/#. Please verify once from your end and purchase if you would like.

Last edited by JithinR : 10th January 2020 at 18:30. Reason: Adding the link to the product.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 19:24   #5527
BHPian

Apologies for posting this query here instead of the Aria or even the Storme thread. My Aria is missing its wiper washer fluid pipe. The pipe connects the reservoir to the fluid intake cap (where we pour water in). TASS says they sell the entire reservoir, pipe and motor as a unit and it is expensive. They couldn't find the pipe alone.

What this means that I cant fill in water or washer fluid in the reservoir. The fluid simply drains out because there's no pipe.
Any assistance in locating the part (TASS or online) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also congratulations to the new Hexa owners. Wish you lots of happy miles!
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 20:31   #5528

So near yet so far, in getting delivery of my Hexa XM+

I had requested for delivery on 12th due to some auspicious date as per family and it being a Sunday, no need for me to take off.

Now dealership says that HSRP may come only by 15th but I can take delivery on 12th if they get confirmation of road tax receipt from RTO by tomorrow.

Is it advisable to run around Pune city without permanent registration number if I have all documentation in place (Insurance, road tax receipt etc.).
If yes, what all documents are required ?

What does the law say? And more importantly how strictly it is enforced by Pune cops ?
Old 10th January 2020, 21:35   #5529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Any assistance in locating the part (TASS or online) would be appreciated. Thanks.
Check Boodmo , they have detailed part catalogue. You can also search if the part is shared with other models.
Old 10th January 2020, 21:41   #5530
BHPian

I apologize if this was discussed earlier.

New owners, can you confirm if auto-folding mirrors while locking are available? My SA said Tata had removed that feature.
NitinDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 21:42   #5531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrukt View Post
Now dealership says that HSRP may come only by 15th but I can take delivery on 12th if they get confirmation of road tax receipt from RTO by tomorrow.
I don't know how things function in Pune. But I haven't seen any new freshly delivered cars running without HSRPs in Mumbai. Have read on the forum that Maruti doesn't issue gate pass here unless HSRP is fitted.

My dealer said the same, take the car, but at your own risk. We had the additional risk of crossing the toll gate into Mumbai, cops favorite hangout. I would recommend you to wait it out.

The timeline your dealer has given seems perfect. Could be delayed by a day if RTOs aren't functioning tomorrow. At least that seems to be the case here, RTOs don't function on Saturdays.

Here's the timeline:
Day 1 - Application for registration and payment of all taxes and fees
Day 2 - Your dealer uploads all documents
Day 3 - Your car is registered and number is allotted
Day 4 - RTO processes HSRP and same is received by dealer on same or next day from vendor
Day 5 - You take delivery

You should receive an SMS on payment of taxes and fees, which would contain an application number, which you could use to track on this link. https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...l_Status.xhtml

Last edited by TROOPER : 10th January 2020 at 21:46.
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 22:44   #5532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
If it makes PERFECT SENSE, then you are too late - that was the title of a book i wrote for internal company reading. ... Whoever bought safari at that time didn't buy with 200% conviction. They might have just taken the plunge.
@Devanand, came back to your post, and that's a very interesting title. I wish I could read that. That's so true - Total conviction can only be in hind-sight. There is a certain amount of Risk we should take. Come to think of it, I had done that with my Sumo - it felt right, and I got it. The Sumo made perfect sense later, in so many ways, and I have often regretted giving it away.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 23:25   #5533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Going as per the pictures posted by TROOPER, I could see the engine cover holding clips are there and you can just purchase the engine cover and fix it.
Its just pressing clip type for the engine cover.

Good thing is they haven't removed the insulation cover which is over the injectors which helps to reduce the engine noise.
varun560061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 00:08   #5534
BANNED

Can anybody help me out here. Was offered a 1.5lakh discount on the 2019 hexa XTA yesterday(9/1/2020) but today(10/01/2020) I was told all 2019 Hexa's are sold out and I'll have to buy the 2020 BS4 Hexa as of now with no discount offered.
Old 11th January 2020, 07:29   #5535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
Can anybody help me out here. Was offered a 1.5lakh discount on the 2019 hexa XTA yesterday(9/1/2020) but today(10/01/2020) I was told all 2019 Hexa's are sold out and I'll have to buy the 2020 BS4 Hexa as of now with no discount offered.
Well, Dr, if the stock they had is sold out, we cant do much, can we ? Unless the dealers in near-by cities have one (Hubli your nearest) I dont see a way out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks