Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 14:10   #5626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

A car lying unused at the dealer even for 6 months is a strict no for me. Even if you get it with substantial discounts, expect some part to go wrong early in the ownership. The problems will be fixed under warranty, but considering Tata's supply chain, the part is going to reach you only after 10 days. So anyone who goes for such cars should be warned about a possible 10 days grounding of the car if something goes wrong. And trust me - In an unused car lying at the dealer for more than 6 months, there is a big chance that something will fail early.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 14:33   #5627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Thanks ! Excellent advice.

So, I also found another unit, a June 2017 XTA for a 4.5 lakh discount from a different dealer. Yes, over 2 and a half years old, so I'm not as keen. The dealer did say that it wasn't a TD car, but this needs further probing. And not as sweet a deal as the previous one, but I could bargain much harder here. Also, tempted by the XTA due to more airbags, JBL speakers and the better seats. Not a fan of the bigger alloys, though. Does come with the old 5-inch head unit, I think. Also, from the pics, the headlight plastic seems to have yellowed a bit. Also, having been in the sun for several years the paint seems a bit dull. A waxing should fix it, but I'm concerned about the paint holding up as well in the long-term. Haven't yet seen the unit in person, so I don't want to prejudice myself too much.

Any thoughts on this one?
This one calls for quite an extensive inspection involving too many checks, better to stay away than to proceed despite the sweet deal.

Only proceed if you are prepared for an extensive inspection. Too many things to verify. It can be an odometer tampered TD vehicle or a repainted vehicle or can be any thing. Idle for two and half years, have to check the condition of transmission fluid and other vital fluids. Altogether it is better to leave it for the sake of peace of mind over sweet deal.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 14:48   #5628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Found a new feature deletion today. The switch to turn off the front passenger side airbag has been deleted. Just a blank in place.
I was also surprised to see a plug in the Nexon for the place that should have had a disable switch.

However - I think that is right. The only scenario where the front passenger airbag should be disabled - is when you fit a child seat in the front seat. As a best practice it is now advisable to have child seats ONLY in the back row (and with ISOFIX mounts if possible), not front seat. So it makes sense that the disable is not needed.

What needs to be ensured though is - that there is a visible reminder in the car prohibiting usage of child seats in the front.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:25   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Would you recommend it? What could go wrong?

Of course, one could wait more and get a bigger discount closer to the BS6 deadline. Is there any discount for which this could be a worthwhile bargain?

Any insights are appreciated.
Hi Coolvenk,

If you could find peace with a pre-owned one with significantly low mileage, I would rather suggest you to give a look at one in Team-BHP Classifieds !

It's worshiped by Wangchuk Atuk, one of the fellow Bhpians - Puffdamgcdragon from Gangtok, Sikkim.

I had a thorough discussion with him few weeks ago, just before I bought a sparingly used Octavia- L&K.

You may get his contact info in Classifieds.
Happy hunting anyways,

Disclaimer: I don't have any kind of commercial interest in the vehicle or owner.

MOD NOTE - Please proof read your post prior to submitting it. Also, please use full model and make of a car, Octy = Octavia.

Thank You.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2020 at 08:43. Reason: Typos
Dr.Vikas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 20:05   #5630
BHPian

Quote:
A Hexa XMA, manufactured in July 2018 (yes!) is being sold by the dealer (Hyderabad, where I just moved to) for a discount of 3.5 lakhs. I'm a bit tempted, but also concerned, since the car has effectively been sitting in the yard for a year and a half. The warranty will kick-in post billing and I will likely get the extended warranty as well.
Some of us here have got discount north of 2 lacs, with accessories or EW (which costs upto 22k) bundled in, on post May 2019 makes. So negotiate accordingly. I personally wouldn't touch a 2018 make. Try checking with different dealers. You could find a 2019 make Hexa.

Quote:
So, I also found another unit, a June 2017 XTA for a 4.5 lakh discount from a different dealer.
Strict no-no IMO. The dealer will promise you the moon and give all kinds of assurances. Do not fall for them. The slowdown began in 2019, I don't see any reason for a 2017/2018 model to be lying unsold, especially when the Hexa was doing respectable numbers during those 2 years.

Also, is an AT variant your preference? Have been in the THOR groups for over a month and have found most engine related issues to be faced by AT owners, mostly early adopters I guess. Don't want to irk peaceful AT owners, but it's just my personal assessment. Many AT owners have had their engine heads changed, and a fellow AT owner is getting his 49k km run conked off engine replaced by a reconditioned one. Apparently Tata don't provide a fresh baked engine as replacement.

So even if you are inclined for an AT, try getting the freshest one, considering the issues must have been ironed out by Tata.

And find a reliable TASS. Cause when repairs/service kick in, you'll need their kind support when Tata's spare part logistics frustrate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
...However - I think that is right. The only scenario where the front passenger airbag should be disabled - is when you fit a child seat in the front seat.......
Cannot imagine the scenario when one disables the airbag on a solo ride and forgets to reactivate it when travelling with passengers in tow, and God forbid something untoward happens. So in that sense, I don't mind the airbag disabling switch deletion as much as the roof rail or puddle lamps being deleted.

The Hexa's price has been raised by over 10% from introductory levels since Jan 2017. Add to that the deletions are pretty extensive. I don't think it's cool to raise the prices and go on a feature deletion spree at the same time.

Last edited by TROOPER : 20th February 2020 at 20:11.
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 14:00   #5631
Distinguished - BHPian

A Cochin dealer updated me that there are some 2020 Hexas at the plant and there is a Rs 3 lakh discount going on the top end variants right now. Colours are likely to be white and silver for the top end version. Has anyone heard the same regarding availability?
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 19:14   #5632
BHPian

Hi all,

I'll be renting a Hexa from Zoomcar in July to drive Delhi-Kaza-Delhi. I wanted to know if there is anything to care about in the Hexa at that altitude or its a piece of cake for the champ?

During my last trip to Kaza, our rented Duster had its sensor warning light on for a brief amount of time and was giving out very dark exhaust smoke. Its sensor light went away after half an hour driving. I guess this happened due to low oxygen density in some air pockets.
Old 22nd February 2020, 01:53   #5633
BANNED

Most of them are 2019 make, there are a few 2020 Hexa's available for 3lakh discount. Need to go to your dealer and check the details. I came to know when I went to get my Hexa today(21).

Luckily I managed to get what I wanted a Tungsten silver XTA 6S 2020 make with a 2lakh discount. It's a very long story how lucky I was to get this HULK.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20200221_194034.jpg  

Drlmtukkar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 13:59   #5634

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hexa Owners,
What is the fuel efficiency that you guys get on your Hexa automatic, in city & on highways?
Test drove an Heta XTA yesterday at Fortune Cars, Thane & the MID showed 7kmpl!!
Even the sales advisor was dumbstruck. He then mumbled about test drive cars driven rashly.
Absolutely loved the car! What a ride it has!!!
The least I have observed is 7kmpl in city(home-office-home) but it was just once. Usually city drive gives me around 9kmpl and on highways(del-chandigarh-del), I have got 17+ kmpl.

We have a Blue XTA, April 2019 model. It's done around 7000 km.

I have been meaning to post a write up on ownership experience, hopefully will do it soon. Overall, we are very happy with Hexa. I wish TaMo would have done as splendid job in marketing this beast as their engineers did in building it.
chaustsher is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 23:59   #5635
BHPian

Another testimony of the Hexa's excellent build quality. Do watch the video in this link. Kudos to all Hexa owners. Reading this news makes me feel much more secure and extremely happy with my well-informed decision!!

https://indianauto.com/news/tata-hex...er-one-nid4243
Satshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 01:18   #5636
BHPian

I was going through the TATA website and there is no difference in the safety features between XT and XTA, both have engine drag control (TC?) and Cornering Stability Control (ESP?) are they added now in AT?

Link:https://cars.tatamotors.com/suv/hexa/variants
Old 1st March 2020, 14:24   #5637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I was going through the TATA website and there is no difference in the safety features between XT and XTA, both have engine drag control (TC?) and Cornering Stability Control (ESP?) are they added now in AT?
So, corner stability & engine drag torque control are standard features across the range.
XT gets ESC with rollover mitigation, TCS, Hill descent control & hydraulic brake assist over the XTA.

I doubt they'll ADD anything in any of the trim levels, especially at an electronics level. DELETE, maybe!
McLaren Roxx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 23:48   #5638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
So, corner stability & engine drag torque control are standard features across the range.
XT gets ESC with rollover mitigation, TCS, Hill descent control & hydraulic brake assist over the XTA.

I doubt they'll ADD anything in any of the trim levels, especially at an electronics level. DELETE, maybe!
The website shows only Hill Hold Control as the difference between safety features of XT and XTA, I do not see any mention of ESP anywhere in any features so was interpreting the cornering stability control as tata’s word for ESP.

What is cornering stability control by the way that’s what I thought ESP is.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:02   #5639
BHPian

Guys I am getting a preowned XTA 2017 WITH 1.00 lakh on d odo for 9.25 lakhs. The car is in pristine condition. Is this a good deal? Should I got for it?
amritpal2489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:08   #5640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Guys I am getting a preowned XTA 2017 WITH 1.00 lakh on d odo for 9.25 lakhs. The car is in pristine condition. Is this a good deal? Should I got for it?
Looks like used more on the highways. Have you checked the history ? Is it from a known person ?

Can you negotiate on the price ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed