Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 10:35   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Aesthetically it does look good but when the outer wall is close to outer point of fender, the chances of muck/dirt splashing the body is very high. Check a vehicle which has outer wall of tyre protruding outside, its a night mare during rainy season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I own a WagonR and the wheels are very much near the wheel arch/fender. With my stock wheels (155/65 R14), in the rains, I used to have a dirty car with mud splashed around the car sides. Then during tyre change, I went one size up (165 section). Even now, the wheels are within the arc and not protruding. But I drive through a small puddle, I get splash marks. While they look cool, cleaning them daily is tiresome.

Tata cars might be better off in such a scenario.
Guys
isn't that why we have mud flaps ? I have seen such dirt splash marks in my earlier Vista for a brief period when it was running without a front right mud flap.

I think you have taken my comments to the extreme Its not that the wheels need to jut out like in negative offset alloy set up. But at the same time it shouldn't be so sunk in also. In such a large vehicle, the sunk in effect is even more glaring.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:46   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
isn't that why we have mud flaps ? I have seen such dirt splash marks in my earlier Vista for a brief period when it was running without a front right mud flap.

I think you have taken my comments to the extreme Its not that the wheels need to jut out like in negative offset alloy set up. But at the same time it shouldn't be so sunk in also. In such a large vehicle, the sunk in effect is even more glaring.
No offence to you at all. This is more of a discussion regarding why they might have done it and advantages there of, if any. BTW, I completely agree that the looks get spoiled if the wheels are sunken.

The situation I described is with all 4 mud-flaps in place. I get splash marks on the front fender and mid-upper part of the front doors and if lots of water, then rear wheel arc too. I know it becomes much worse if the front flap is missing (have faced it briefly in the past).

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th January 2017 at 10:47. Reason: Spell check
Old 6th January 2017, 10:59   #558
Senior - BHPian

^

For a Body-on-frame vehicle like Hexa with its floor sitting so high off the ground, a side step is a necessity. Glad to note that the OEM one costs only INR 4436. Actually all accessories look well priced.

And guess what's the other use of a side step? To prevent dirt and grime from being thrown upwards by those massive wheels.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 11:50   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
^

For a Body-on-frame vehicle like Hexa with its floor sitting so high off the ground, a side step is a necessity. Glad to note that the OEM one costs only INR 4436. Actually all accessories look well priced.

And guess what's the other use of a side step? To prevent dirt and grime from being thrown upwards by those massive wheels.
The Side step actually costs Rs 4436 + 11127 (as the 4436 is only the cost of the Side Step Bracket and 11127 is the cost of the side step!

Well now that we have the prices of the accessories, waiting now for the prices of the actual car! As per my last discussion with the Sales Executive he told me XM 4x2 should cost around 15 Lacs on road in Gurgaon (Roughly 13.4 L ex-showroom)

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th January 2017 at 11:52.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 14:36   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
As per my last discussion with the Sales Executive he told me XM 4x2 should cost around 15 Lacs on road in Gurgaon (Roughly 13.4 L ex-showroom)
Just a clarification required. 13.4 ex showroom would translate to 17-17.2 on road rite? Atleast in Bangalore.
Looking at xuv w6/w8 pricing.
Old 6th January 2017, 14:59   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Just a clarification required. 13.4 ex showroom would translate to 17-17.2 on road rite? Atleast in Bangalore.
Looking at xuv w6/w8 pricing.
13.4 Ex-showroom (for mid variant XM) translates in to ~ 16.5 OTR price in Bangalore.

XE has Varicor 320 engine + 5 speed gear box comparing to higher variants - How about 11.99 starting price?

My Prediction:

XE 11.99
XM 13.5
XM Auto 14.99
XT 15.99
XT 4x4 16.99
XT Auto 17.5

TATA priced Bolt at much higher price level than dealers expected. Let us see whether Hexa follows the Aria/Tiago path.

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th January 2017 at 15:24.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 15:07   #562
BHPian

I went through the ppt and only things which I find worthwile are:
  1. Wireless Charging Tray.
  2. 3D Moulded Mats.
  3. Expedition Kit - Luggage Rack [Platform]
  4. Waterproof Luggage Bag
Except 4 items 1-3 are reasonably priced as well.

Noticed some strange things:
  1. No Mention of sunroof.
  2. Alloy wheel still under development. How much development time do you need Tata?
  3. The awesome LED bar in Expedition kit is not mentioned anywhere.
  4. No decals like Storme.
Old 6th January 2017, 15:23   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
  1. Alloy wheel still under development. How much development time do you need Tata
You do realize that we are talking about a document not meant for public use and about a car whose price is not yet announced, right?
Old 6th January 2017, 15:37   #564
BHPian

Quote:
  1. No Mention of sunroof.
The cost of sunroof is mentioned in the link shared by Abhi7013 in just the next post. It is shown as 90,000/- over there.

Last edited by driverabhi : 6th January 2017 at 15:41.
Old 6th January 2017, 15:40   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post

You do realize that we are talking about a document not meant for public use and about a car whose price is not yet announced, right?
I only mentioned about alloy wheel, which is under development. Hexa has been under development for 6 years. Launch has been delayed already and still they are developing the alloy wheel!!

The ppt though confidential is being circulated around by dealers.

Quote:
Anybody received an email from tata dealers with a list of accessories? I got a 15 page ppt but don't know how to share it. Says strictly confidential all over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post

The cost of sunroof is mentioned in the link shared by Abhi7013 in just the next post. It is shown as 90,000/- over there.
My post was directed towards ppt. This is meant to be an internal communication to dealers and should have been more comprehensive and professional. Incomplete information can impact the showroom experience and has been a weak point of Tata motors.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th January 2017 at 18:22. Reason: Please use the edit button to add to your existing post within the first 30 minutes. Back to back posts merged.
Old 6th January 2017, 16:06   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I only mentioned about alloy wheel, which is under development. Hexa has been under development for 6 years. Launch has been delayed already and still they are developing the alloy wheel!!

The ppt though confidential is being circulated around by dealers.
I think it is more from the perspective that the particular slide is under development, and not the alloy wheel under development. Probably they will be adding more designs in there.
Old 6th January 2017, 16:38   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I think it is more from the perspective that the particular slide is under development, and not the alloy wheel under development.
Slide under development? I seriously doubt that Tata motors will have a ppt slide under development. I think it is about the 16 inch alloy wheel which they will offer as an accessory for lower trims.
Old 6th January 2017, 16:41   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Slide under development? I seriously doubt that Tata motors will have a ppt slide under development. I think it is about the 16 inch alloy wheel which they will offer as an accessory for lower trims.
Could be, but then you know how they are famous for missing details :P

Either way we will know soon, and i highly doubt how many would actually get an alloy changed from Showroom. You have truckloads of awesome aftermarket design in the market, and also they give your car a more unique look, then anything that a manufacturer offers.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 16:54   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Could be, but then you know how they are famous for missing details :P

Either way we will know soon, and i highly doubt how many would actually get an alloy changed from Showroom. You have truckloads of awesome aftermarket design in the market, and also they give your car a more unique look, then anything that a manufacturer offers.
Exactly my point why do you have your accessory still under development? At this point Tata Motors should have been ready with 2 to 4 alloy designs, reasonably priced for lower trims. Customers prefer OEM accessory if reasonably priced.
Old 6th January 2017, 17:08   #570
BHPian

Off Topic:

Has anyone watched this yet?

Refer this news article: This Is the Coolest Tata Hexa Video You'll Ever Watch
LordSharan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed