Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:07   #5731
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Apparently wiper motor issue is common in Hexa.
I have never face any such issue with Fuel Tank or wiper motor in my 8 year old ARIA. Could be a one off problem with your Hexa. Indigenous design and manufacture should be encouraged, especially post Covid-19. A little fuss can be tolerated in the larger interests of the nation, I guess ?
Old 5th July 2020, 11:58   #5732
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
OT - Hexa has 2 separate wiper motors? Interesting. Its also tricky to implement the timing for these since over time if they age differently - the 2 wipers would start working out of sync.
I checked with TASS yesterday when I took my ARIA in for low cooling during idle / standstill conditions. There is ONE wiper motor in the centre of the dash and connecting rods to both wiper spindles. Reinhard is right, two motors is not possible, sync issues would exist, plus, why two motors for wipers ? The left connecting rod must have got loose / disconnected, causing a no movement.

My issue was diagonsed as low refrigerant quantity. First, functioning of both radiator and consenser fans was checked, then pressure check. Subsequently, the refrigerant was "unloaded", sysem filled with Nitrogen and kept for 2 hours... WHat a wait ! This is a leak determination check, which it passed. Subsequently, 450g of refregerant was topped up (chargeable) and the radiator and consenser surfaces cleaned with pressure water. The AC is back to its chiller regime now, started freezing my left knee ...
lifebuoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 13:18   #5733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I checked with TASS yesterday when I took my ARIA in for low cooling during idle / standstill conditions. There is ONE wiper motor in the centre of the dash and connecting rods to both wiper spindles. Reinhard is right, two motors is not possible, sync issues would exist, plus, why two motors for wipers ?
You are right. Found the invoice which they had kept in the glove box. They replaced only one motor. Wonder what is the R/R Wiper Motor Assy mentioned in the bill.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20200705_131514.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2020 at 22:52. Reason: Phone numbers masked out
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 16:26   #5734
BHPian

Quote:
Wonder what is the R/R Wiper Motor Assy mentioned in the bill.
It's 'Removal & Refitting', if I am not wrong.

It further seems, the Motor is just serviced & wasn't gone kaput.
Dr.Vikas is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 21:31   #5735
BANNED

Quote:
Wonder what is the R/R Wiper Motor Assy mentioned in the bill.
R/R in TATA parlance stands for Running Repairs. These are the code heads used in the SAP system for billing labour rates. Parts are available in the system for billing.
lifebuoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:25   #5736
BHPian

i had the 6 monthly service due on May 25 of this year. The workshop folks had called on May 21 asking me to make an appointment but i didn't make one considering the "healthy" times we have been living in past few months. i still haven't taken the XTA for that 6 month service. it was just a minor one where they inspect the vehicle and that's the end of it. While on that, the first two or three services were also such type, per the advisor. I remember having talked to him asking what the heck is the AMC for.
the vehicle has run about 100 kms in the past 3 months now. Even otherwise still a long way away from 40000 Kms reading. The due "40000 Kms" service is what i got done way back in November 2019 when the actual reading was 25000 Kms odd.

will this delay in getting that 6 month (6 monthly service seems quite unnecessary to me) cause an issue? I am still not too keen on taking the vehicle to the workshop as its in quite a "sanitised" condition currently. i haven't got any follow up call from the workshop either after the first one in May of this year.
Old 9th July 2020, 15:16   #5737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
i had the 6 monthly service due on May 25 of this year. The workshop folks had called on May 21 asking me to make an appointment but i didn't make one considering the "healthy" times we have been living in past few months. i still haven't taken the XTA for that 6 month service. it was just a minor one where they inspect the vehicle and that's the end of it. While on that, the first two or three services were also such type, per the advisor. I remember having talked to him asking what the heck is the AMC for.
the vehicle has run about 100 kms in the past 3 months now. Even otherwise still a long way away from 40000 Kms reading. The due "40000 Kms" service is what i got done way back in November 2019 when the actual reading was 25000 Kms odd.

will this delay in getting that 6 month (6 monthly service seems quite unnecessary to me) cause an issue? I am still not too keen on taking the vehicle to the workshop as its in quite a "sanitised" condition currently. i haven't got any follow up call from the workshop either after the first one in May of this year.
Just last month I had my 30-month 50k kms minor service done at 39k kms, having done ~4k since the last service. Now, I know that by November when my 60k 36-month major service is due, my car wouldn't have run more than 1k kms. Yet there are a few things that I would get changed mandatorily, like the engine oil. All other services can be skipped due to low running. You can always speak to them & ask for a general checkup or an overview. And an entry made in to the log books.
Point being, getting timely services done will go a long way in future maintenance, upkeep & resale.

With regards to the question of 'Should I get my vehicle serviced during the pandemic?', IMO, it is better to get a service done now rather than later when the lockdown is eased. I see the following advantages:
1. Next to no crowd on the road
2. No queue at the service station
3. Since there are so few services being done, folks would be eager to get you in & out on priority. Also, I assume your car would receive that extra attention as there is no pressure of a queue for them
4. Everything around the service station will be clean, due to less foot fall
5. Generally, cleanliness levels & precautionary measures right now would be at their highest, hence one can confidently feel comfortable & safe.

Taking it to service once everything opens up would be the opposite. Plus, the virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 22:35   #5738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
will this delay in getting that 6 month (6 monthly service seems quite unnecessary to me) cause an issue? I am still not too keen on taking the vehicle to the workshop as its in quite a "sanitised" condition currently.
I had given my Hexa for service during unlock 1 and I could see the increased level of cleanliness and overall sanitisation. Also making the car sanitised is not difficult. Plus since its low running car for you keeping the car idle for some days after service also kills the virus which cannot survive without carrier for more than certain days in most cases.

Most importantly doing the service within the stipulated time frame will help you with warranty claims if, God forbid, you need it someday.
busydrive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 10:22   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Just last month I had my 30-month 50k kms minor service done at 39k kms, having done ~4k since the last service. Now, I know that by November when my 60k 36-month major service is due, my car wouldn't have run more than 1k kms....

With regards to the question of 'Should I get my vehicle serviced during the pandemic?', IMO, it is better to get a service done now rather than later when the lockdown is eased. I see the following advantages:
1. Next to no crowd on the road
2. No queue at the service station
3. Since there are so few services being done, folks would be eager to get you in & out on priority. Also, I assume your car would receive that extra attention as there is no pressure of a queue for them
4. Everything around the service station will be clean, due to less foot fall
5. Generally, cleanliness levels & precautionary measures right now would be at their highest, hence one can confidently feel comfortable & safe.

Taking it to service once everything opens up would be the opposite. Plus, the virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
I had given my Hexa for service during unlock 1 and I could see the increased level of cleanliness and overall sanitisation. Also making the car sanitised is not difficult. Plus since its low running car for you keeping the car idle for some days after service also kills the virus which cannot survive without carrier for more than certain days in most cases.

Most importantly doing the service within the stipulated time frame will help you with warranty claims if, God forbid, you need it someday.
thank you. the point of view make absolute sense. i will make the service appointment mid of next week for the vehicle.
Old 10th July 2020, 21:20   #5740
Senior - BHPian

Took inspiration from the Autoexpo Hexa and wrapped the silver lip of my Hexa in black. Had a good experience with 3M Calicut. They were very courteous and professional. I wanted to wrap the front bumper silver cladding too, but unfortunately, the wrap did not stick well. For post-2019 Hexas, that part comes in black color itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexablackchrome.jpg  

Last edited by padmrajravi : 10th July 2020 at 21:21.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 23:50   #5741
BHPian

Quote:
Took inspiration from the Autoexpo Hexa and wrapped the silver lip of my Hexa in black. Had a good experience with 3M Calicut. They were very courteous and professional. I wanted to wrap the front bumper silver cladding too, but unfortunately, the wrap did not stick well. For post-2019 Hexas, that part comes in black color itself.
Looks good. You can probably try bartering the front skid plate with someone who has it in black. An XE owner probably?

Try lightly smoking the lights for the stealth look, goes well with this colour.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:25   #5742
BHPian

Quote:
Took inspiration from the Autoexpo Hexa and wrapped the silver lip of my Hexa in black.
Yours seems to be an XM/XMA but it still has the roof rails? Was this a custom fit or the original middle variants used to come with this feature?
Old 15th July 2020, 22:54   #5743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Yours seems to be an XM/XMA but it still has the roof rails? Was this a custom fit or the original middle variants used to come with this feature?
I got it done outside from one of the THOR group members. He supplies different kinds of roof rails and carriers for Hexa.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 02:17   #5744
BHPian

So my family and I are in for a new car and due to that second hand HEXA thread we started researching about this as well.

Through friend of a friend of a friend network, we found a 2017 XM model with 40K on the odo and 8.5-9L price.

Is this a good price? (assuming there are no obvious flaws) Is there anything specific I should look into the 2017 models? Is there a probability that the car will be discontinued this year?
Old 21st July 2020, 12:18   #5745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
So, almost a year and close to 24K on the odo, i've loved every bit of the Hexa XMA Ownership

It is returning a steady handsome FE of 15-17 KMPL which included spirited highway runs and daily office commute in the cumbersome Mumbai traffic.

things i miss are the "Alloy Wheels" been aching to get a good design for it but TATAs limited options and distasteful aftermarket ones left me wanting for more. only a few days back i saw a 2020 Harrier on the road and the alloy wheel design struck with me.
called up the Service guys at Tata who told me yes the Harrier and Hexa wheel size etc is the same. my mind went haywire and i am thinking of taking this step.

Also tried my luck with the Headlamp bulb upgrade but it shows some kinda error on the Diagnostics so didn't want to live with a constant reminder in the MID so switched back to factory bulbs, any one has any luck with a headlamp upgrade?
You are getting a lot better mileage than I ever got in the city :-) MY city running mileage is about 11. On the highways I have gotten up to 16. However mine is the XTA and might have some other factors affecting it.

On the wheel design, I completely agree with you. The XTA has the 19 inch wheels. This is what really makes the Hexa stand apart. A lot of people downgraded to 16 inch wheels and none of the aftermarket ones seem good to me. I am sticking with the 19s.

I changed the stock bulbs to higher brightness ones from Osram. Didnt face any errors.

Last edited by mostlynerd : 21st July 2020 at 12:19. Reason: Missed a point

Most Viewed