Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 09:39   #6121
BHPian

Re: Front LH fender lining and cover damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Most probably the service center will claim that this happened due to external damage like some projectile damaging the covering. So chances are less but give it a shot. For price, search on Boodmo online and cross check.

It looks like the specific sensor is kaput. You will have to replace the same. Warranty if still valid should cover this. Do you still have active warranty ?
I tried as many as 6 service centers in Delhi NCR but nobody could find the fender lining. And if they had to order the part, it'd take close to 10 days to 2 weeks to arrive. That's a shame. Since I had to soon leave for a long trip, I simply got it replaced at a GoMechanic workshop in Delhi. I was initially skeptical of their work, but make no mistakes, they worked wonders. Surprisingly, they took just 5 hours to source the part and Tata was quoting 10 days for the same part to be sourced. Hilarious!

I even asked them to check the reverse parking sensors and they fixed the issue. It was a matter of mere sensor cleaning. They cleaned all reverse sensors using a spray and voila, it is now working like a charm.

Last edited by shivathedude : 1st April 2022 at 09:47.
shivathedude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 14:57   #6122
t18
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hello All,
Bought a used Hexa XTA 2017 in Arizona Blue. Does any body have connectnext software for this XTA variant. I see the software version as 3.59 and the camera is not working, the rear sensors get activated and show on the screen. And it also shows various drive modes, which should not be there as this is an automatic.
Can someone help with the software?
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 20:22   #6123
BHPian

Hi,

Navigation(Navimaps) is not working on my Hexa XT 4x4, attached are the image of the error I am getting and also the software version.
The phone is connected to the USB port.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220417-8.07.10-pm.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220417-8.07.33-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by reddy6980 : 17th April 2022 at 20:23. Reason: added information
reddy6980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 06:45   #6124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Hello All,
Does any body have connectnext software for this XTA variant. I see the software version as 3.59 and the camera is not working, the rear sensors get activated and show on the screen. And it also shows various drive modes, which should not be there as this is an automatic.
Can someone help with the software?
Hi t18, for Issue #1: please dont do an update / reset of ICE software at home specially the version 3.59. All the Hexa owners who tried this faced the same issue that you have observed that camera view doesnot work. Take it to the TASS, they have to reset the camera settings after update and it should work. Its a known issue.

Issue 2# Drive Modes: Do you see drive modes in the MID or ICE - you mean, Auto, Comfort, Rough etc for your XTA ? I am absolutely surprised. I had manual XT so cannot comment on XTA settings but please enquire on this while at TASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Hi,

Navigation(Navimaps) is not working on my Hexa XT 4x4, attached are the image of the error I am getting and also the software version.
The phone is connected to the USB port.
Hi reddy6980, this happens a lot for others. I can only give the following suggestions:
1. You have to ONLY use the original phone wires to connect to the phone via usb
2. Start the Navimaps app after the ICE is on and wire is connected But let me tell you from experience that this is finicky and a lot of trouble, gets frequently disconnected and I gave up eventually and started using GMaps on a spare Android phone.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 10:21   #6125
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Hi t18, for Issue #1: please don't do an update / reset of ICE software at home specially the version 3.59. All the Hexa owners "
Thank you for the quick reply, I visited the service center and got the software updated and my rear camera has started working.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th April 2022 at 11:38. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
t18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:40   #6126
BHPian

In my Hexa low fuel lamp is continuously flashing and MID does not show amount of fuel remained in fuel tank. Does by any chance the sensors can go kaput or there might be any other reason? Can I claim it under warranty?
Old 19th April 2022, 14:04   #6127
BHPian

Hi folks,

A weird issue that has cropped up with my Tata Hexa XM. Whenever I apply breaks, to stop or to slow down, from higher speeds, there is a weird sound and vibration felt as if something is touching with tires. The sound isn't there at high speeds and eventually goes away when the vehicle is at speeds of 10-15 kmph or is stopped. It comes when the vehicle is slowing down from higher speeds. Can anyone throw some light as to what it could be before I take it to the workshop?

Thanks,

-Shiva
Old 19th April 2022, 21:43   #6128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Hi folks,

The sound isn't there at high speeds and eventually goes away when the vehicle is at speeds of 10-15 kmph or is stopped. It comes when the vehicle is slowing down from higher speeds. Can anyone throw some light as to what it could be before I take it to the workshop?
Did you check the tyres? Inspect visually - especially the rear tyres. If there are no visual defects, feel it with your hands to check whether there are any bulges/abnormalities.

When was the last time you did wheel balancing?
bijuks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 19:42   #6129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Did you check the tyres? Inspect visually - especially the rear tyres. If there are no visual defects, feel it with your hands to check whether there are any bulges/abnormalities.

When was the last time you did wheel balancing?
Thanks for replying. There are no visual defects at all with any of the tyres. Wheel balancing was done 6 months and 10K kms back. Last month, on one of the long drives, the front left fender lining came off while driving and post that only, I am feeling sound and vibration upon braking. Although, I got the fender liner replaced but the vibration and sound isn't done yet.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 17:06   #6130
BHPian

Guys I've noticed that no air is coming out from B pillar AC vents. Can anyone tell what could be reason and possible solution? I don't want my car's, dashboard etc to be opened as it might cause rattles and squeaks. Would really appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 20:05   #6131

Hi All
I am looking out for an used XTA 2019 7 seater version with maximum 40 to 50 k on the Odo in Bangalore (Karnataka).

Since many of the owners would be viewing this thread, I have posted it here. I would appreciate a DM to me if anyone would be interested to sell.

In this regard, I have 2 queries
1. Even if it is a non KA registration, would it be sensible to buy and do a re-registration for a second hand car.

2. And, is it Ok to buy a 2018 version versus a 2019 facelift one ?

@mods - if you feel there is any other appropriate thread to post this do let me know.

Would appreciate any other references or sources for a second hand Tata Hexa XTA.

Regards
CM
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:09   #6132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I've noticed that no air is coming out from B pillar AC vents. Can anyone tell what could be reason and possible solution? I don't want my car's, dashboard etc to be opened as it might cause rattles and squeaks. Would really appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks
Can you please confirm if the a/c for the middle and last row was switched on via the buttons in the middle passenger seat? The vents in the B pillar wont work unless its turned on.
anandtheleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:59   #6133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Can you please confirm if the a/c for the middle and last row was switched on via the buttons in the middle passenger seat? The vents in the B pillar wont work unless its turned on.
Hi, yes ac is switched on for second as well as last row. Air is coming out from all vents except B pillar vents.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:48   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Thank you soo much for this. It solved my problem. The switch was turned off. Now air is coming out from all the vents. Everything is perfectly fine now.
HappyRoadie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 22:22   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thank you soo much for this. It solved my problem. The switch was turned off. Now air is coming out from all the vents. Everything is perfectly fine now.
Been there, done that!

Glad that my suggestion worked and you did not have to go to the service station for it.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed