Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 18:15   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Tata Hexa prices have been leaked to start at 12.3 lacs.
Source: http://m.economictimes.com/slideshow...w/56495547.cms
Old 12th January 2017, 18:35   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Tata Hexa prices have been leaked to start at 12.3 lacs.
Source: http://m.economictimes.com/slideshow...w/56495547.cms
This might be the "Starting at 12.30 lakhs" line on the Hexa webpage that was shared on this thread a few days ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4124561

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th January 2017 at 18:36.
Old 12th January 2017, 23:26   #648
BHPian

Had been to amby valley today and was returning at 1830 hrs(it had become quite dark) when I saw the unmistakable hulk of a hexa(xt 4x4 version with bench seat in the middle row). Stopped my car and asked the two guys who were making notes if I could check it out. They turned out to be from overdrive on a comparo drive with the Xuv and were pretty friendly. They gave us a free hand to check out the vehicle. I am 6'2" and following were my impressions:-
1. Vehicle is very very long (compared to Xuv)
2. Looong wheel base, very pronounced from the side view.
3. Doesn't seem so bulky from inside but very very spacious.
4. Yes, driver ergonomics have been messed up- useless arm rest, no cup holders, and.. My knees hit the dashboard when I get out.
5. Superb fit and finish. Wouldn't have been out of place in a car many segments above.
6. Recline of middle row is useless(comparing with the super comfy recline of the Mobilio)
7. Middle row bench, not too impressive. My civic seats are far more comfy.
Decided to ask the friendly guys their views:-
1. Kitna deti hai? City 12.6 and highway 16.xx
2. Ride quality- hexa over Xuv
3. Body roll- hexa minimal especially through all the twists in the route from lonavala
4. Engine- Xuv more refined
5. Nvh- hexa wins
I wouldn't like to give out too many details of their test results as it would be unfair on them. Their report though seems to be one worth waiting for. They seemed to be mighty impressed overall with the vehicle.
My last impression-
1. Loved the front, didn't like the side-on view.
2. Is it so difficult to match the features of your competitors? (Especially basics like Cup holders, arm rests etc etc)
3. Xuv is, sooner than later, going to come out with a refresh with improved interiors in response to this vehicle. The interiors on hexa show up the flimsy Xuv interiors for what they truly are - cheap!
4. Last wish-can we now see such interiors/ features on the storme please

Last edited by handsofsteel : 12th January 2017 at 23:30.
handsofsteel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 23:32   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb97ce6 View Post
Hold on guys. There are times in life, when you snooze you don't lose. And this is one of those instances. Because if I had just waited a few more months and saw the writing on the wall rather than buy the white elephant pictured here I would have been a much happier person.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have always had a soft spot for the Aria and if you were located nearby I'd have expressed genuine interest in making a purchase. A cross state sale complicates things. Nevertheless if or when you become serious about selling send me a PM, we'll see if something can be worked out. Sorry for being off topic.
Old 13th January 2017, 00:12   #650
BHPian

Have been a silent spectator on this thread since its inception.I currently have a Verna Fluidic and plan to change it with a 8 seater SUV/MPV with 4WD/AWD (if possible) with a good ground clearance.The obvious choice was the Innova Crysta and the Hexa.Took a test drive of Innova months back,though the car is absolutely fabulous but somehow did not like the ride quality on broken roads.Last month took the test drive of HEXA.OH boy, I was just bowled over.Its sheer road presence,muscular look and high ground clearance,had set it apart from the Crysta.The things that I felt were better in the Hexa than the Innova:-
  • 200 mm of ground clearance.
  • 8 seater variant in XT4X4(Crysta offers 7 seater in ZX).
  • 3rd row seat,pretty much usuable for anybody below 6 feet.(Seats are much more comfortable than the 3rd row of Innova).
  • Ride Quality(It just glides over imperfections and potholes on the road).
  • 450 mm of water wading capacity(Will be boon during water logging in Kolkata).
  • It has 4X4 as an option.
Cons:-
  • Low or lowest resale Value(This may change if the car is a super hit).
  • Tata relaibility.
  • Third row of seat does not tumble down straight.You would have a inclined surface to store your suitcases.
The car is being sold in Kolkata only by the Sales team leader and not by any executive.Even though the executive at Tata was not well suited with a tie unlike his Toyota counterpart but he was quite knowledgeable about the product.The test drive was a longish one for about 8 kms and the sales executive even promised us a test drive on the Highway(NH2/AH45) if required.Toyota had just laughed at our face when we asked for a test drive on the highway..I firmly believe that with the pricing done right,this car can do wonders.Just waiting for the price and the sales volume for a few months,then would probably book one.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_124620937_hdr-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_130825060-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_124954386-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125249224-large.jpg
Looks like cheap plastic.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125300104-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125310804_hdr-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125344560-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125444897-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125501056_burst000_cover_top-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125737498-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125807427_hdr-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_125824988-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_130945352-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_131039817_burst000_cover_top-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_132338764-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_132550318_burst001-large.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161225_132553430-large.jpg

Last edited by IndiaSierra : 13th January 2017 at 00:13.
IndiaSierra is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 09:39   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb97ce6 View Post
But there is this one tiny thing that I cant get out of my mind - At just 50k on the odo, it has less resale value than my SwiftVDI with 100k on it. And to be honest that sale did not go through either. Yes, the vehicle has NO resale value whatsoever, no one wants to buy it at least not in the part of the country where I am.
Well, not true all the time. I sold my 9-year old 3.0L Safari that had run 1.2L kms at 2.2 lakh exactly a year ago. Well, the demonetization may have hit the resale market hard, but it is going to be back in a couple of months. Moreover, car enthusiasts will recognize the value of the Aria, if it is trouble-free, and you may get the expected resale value if you have some patience and trust

That said, if the reports / rumors are true that the top end ex-showroom is going to be 19.43, then we are looking at another Aria in the making, thats for sure.

I wi ll be first in the line to withdraw my booking amount and join the line for XUV.
Old 13th January 2017, 10:22   #652
Team-BHP Support

I thought TATA has improved In my opinion, one should look at things which no one sees regularly or specifically to judge the product quality. If this is the way they have built the glove box, this vehicle will be like any other Tata probably. I have pasted one from Innova as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-20170113-10.18.45-am.png  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-20170113-10.18.30-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th January 2017 at 10:24.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 10:48   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I thought TATA has improved In my opinion, one should look at things which no one sees regularly or specifically to judge the product quality. If this is the way they have built the glove box, this vehicle will be like any other Tata probably. I have pasted one from Innova as well.
That's plain nitpicking IMO. I can guarantee you that if you look long/hard enough, you can find faults with any vehicle, whatever you name it in whatever price range including your favorite Innova.
prakash_ajp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 11:29   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Some posts have been deleted. This is not a Tata vs Toyota thread! Please stay on-topic.
noopster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 11:32   #655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On one hand we want Tata to price it competitively. But on the other hand we expect the internal glove box plastic also to be of the highest quality
I am referring to the metal clip they have used, looks they have lifted straight from TATA Ace.

Quote:
Tata cannot pull out a magic rabbit out of the hat by having everything of premium quality and still not charge a premium for it
Better they start putting fewer things instead of too many wrongs, or maybe I am a person who will cherish a plain chapati and Daal over a lousy large buffet.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 18:42   #656
BHPian

Dealer: Metro Motors
Model: Arizona Blue XT 4×2
Date & Time: 10.01.2017 5.30pm onwards

Experience: Me & my friend were just talking in the evening when Hexa came into the conversation. Called metro motors at around 5.30pm to enquire whether they had a TD vehicle available and they responded that the manual model was indeed available. Immediately went to the dealer and it was getting 6'ish and there were eod vibes form the staff, whosoever was available. The SA informed us that Hexa had gone for the end of the day wash but would be available in 10mins and since the car had not officially launched, only few cars had been alloted and that's why they don't have a Hexa on display. So we checked out the Tiago & the Bolt in the meantime and were pleasantly surprised.
It was getting darkish and there arrived the Hexa thru the front entrance in all its beauty. First impressions: bold front, exquisite alloy wheels, sexy tail lights and huge presence.
I was about to dive into the drivers seat when the SA insisted that he should first drive & give me a demo of the Hexa's capabilities (Me:wait... what are you talking about man? Inner me:let this guy have it and explore the comfort of the captain seats)
My friend joined me in the passenger seat while the SA explained all the modes & the little but relevant things while I almost slept in the captain seats - they are that good. At a signal, I moved into the 3rd row and though the seating was a little high - you can't call it uncomfortable either (I'm 5'8.)
The SA was particularly fond of the Dynamic mode and swerved all over the road while explaining that the car is in complete control and the comfort is not being compromised, which indeed wasn't. He took us to a rough stretch along the highway and tried to explain the electronics of the rough road mode and glided over ditches and pots like it was routine. All the while I marveled at how far Tata have come with regards to interior quality compared to our 7yo Indigo CS (couldn't find any jugaad fittings).
Then came my turn
The SA was almost my height, so the seating position was mostly the same and I was ready to go after only a few alterations. I've driven my friend's 4×4 Safari Varicor400 extensively, so I was pleasantly surprised by the weight of the clutch and the steering and how the car took off from standstill. The ride & handling were very comfortable - the best in all the vehicles I've TD'ed in the last year or so (inc. Creta, Duster, BR-V etc).
The only issues I had were the long throw for the fifth & sixth gears and the actual distance to the gear lever - I am not exactly tall, but I had to stretch towards the lever to change gears. This is going to be a headache during short city drives & bumper to bumper traffic.
Coming to the pricing and my personal budget, the SA informed me that the XM manual would cost around 15L on road here in ambala which would translate into an ex-showroom price of Rs.13.49L. This fits into my stretched budget, however, there are some features for which I would need to delve into my wallet - alloys, fog lamps & reverse parking camera. Features which I would miss very much and for which there is no aftermarket fix- Dynamic mode and Automatic Climate Control.
But looking at the overall package, I am more than satisfied with what I'd be getting for what I pay. Will take my family tomorrow for the TD, get the Indigo evaluated and most probably book Blue/Grey XM Hexa
r0nit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 20:38   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
This fits into my stretched budget, however, there are some features for which I would need to delve into my wallet - alloys, fog lamps & reverse parking camera.
Just to point out, you won't be getting the same 19" alloys which were on XT, but smaller 16" ones.
Old 13th January 2017, 20:46   #658
BHPian

Visited Hexa experience at MMRDA ground, Mumbai. Went late in the evening and thankfully there were not too many people. Most likely tomorrow and day after they will witness a bigger footfall.

Registration on website is not mandatory. One can just walk-in and register at the registration desk to enter. I signed up for both off-roading experience and test drive.

There are 2 automatics on display, one is a 6 seater and other is a 7 seater. I think this was very thoughtful of Tata as it allowed people to directly compare comfort in different seating configuration.

As is already mentioned by so many, once you sit in a 6 seater, 7 seater is just a No. Fit and finish is brilliant and not something I have witnessed so far in any Tata vehicle. Boot space is decent and there are enough and more storage space and charging points. While interiors are all black, large glass areas make inside look roomy and airy. You don't feel claustrophobic.

Overall liked everything, the only negative I found was third row. While there was enough leg room, I could not put my feet under the second row seat and that was a bit uncomfortable. While I am 5.8", I have a long feet so my shoe was touching kind of stuck between 2nd and 3rd seat which I felt was odd.

The off roading experience was good, the driver was obviously experienced and knowledgeable. Its about a 5 mins drive and the off roading capabilities of Hexa was well displayed.

Coming to the test drive, it was a short 5 mins drive. Liked the commanding view from the drivers seat, ride & handling was good but this event is at BKC where roads are good so real test is on bad roads.

Overall, Hexa is a brilliant package which if priced well will be another blockbuster for Tata.
damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 21:22   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
The only issues I had were the long throw for the fifth & sixth gears and the actual distance to the gear lever - I am not exactly tall, but I had to stretch towards the lever to change gears.
From my experience with my Sumo - The throw was long. But shifting was smoooooth. Apart from the little extra long movement ( due to the throw), I never found it a problem to change gears. So if you can reach the far end without having to move your torso, it should be fine. Hope it is !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 21:37   #660
BHPian

The pricing of*Tata Motors' all-new, and eagerly awaited, SUV -*Hexa*- was put on the company's official website momentarily before being pulled off. According to it, prices will start at Rs 12.30 lakh and the top-end of the car will cost Rs 19.43 lakh (all prices ex showroom, Coimbatore). As reported by TOI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks