Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 15:28   #916
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Could be. As long as we benefit, i wouldn't care! Hehe
Sounds unbelievable they are offering around 1 lac off on a car released 2 days ago. Is it because you just booked early? Or the dealer is doing a personal favour?
Old 20th January 2017, 15:43   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Sounds unbelievable they are offering around 1 lac off on a car released 2 days ago. Is it because you just booked early? Or the dealer is doing a personal favour?
I can assure you, dealers will give offers even if not upto 1 lac, if you have booked early and negotiate real hard.
Old 20th January 2017, 16:07   #918
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
This got me thinking. Are the dealers, deep down inside, jittery about people deserting the Hexa after expressing interest or pre-booking? Are the dealers really not too confident about the product and its market potential? Sure looks like it, if you are able to extract discounts at launch!
It might be that the dealers (or even Tata) are desperate to get the Hexa on the roads. Tata knows that they have a good product, that too at a good price point. The challenge they have now is making sure they address the perception of what it is to own a Tata. And the only way to beat that, is to have a lot of Hexa's on the road and owners that speak highly of it.

Very thin line between being aggressive in promoting your product and grossly undercutting it.
Old 20th January 2017, 16:25   #919
BHPian

Quote:
I can assure you, dealers will give offers even if not upto 1 lac, if you have booked early and negotiate real hard.

I did quote this to Aadya & he strongly denied any such offers for the time being. I will meet the guy tomorrow evening. Incidentally, Aadya does not have a manual yet for TD & I am keen on the 4x4.

I for one, haven't booked early & let us see. If you have any pointers to references it will help the forum members to a larger extent
Old 20th January 2017, 17:22   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was wondering the same. From recent car purchases of friends and relatives, i can easily knock off 60 to 80k off XT (minus the TCS and insurance. Also transportation and registration in this case). And dealer has promised side steps as complementary after hard negotiations. So another 15-16k off.
Roughly 1L discount rite now. Will push hard for more with tata finance tomorrow!
I am a little confused here. You say that you CAN knock off upto 80k if you negotiate hard. So have you negotiated and got the dealer to agree? Or you are assuming the dealer will agree?
Is there a special case for you, did you purchase friends' cars from the dealer and he knows you well?
Old 20th January 2017, 18:30   #921
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am a little confused here. You say that you CAN knock off upto 80k if you negotiate hard. So have you negotiated and got the dealer to agree? Or you are assuming the dealer will agree?
Is there a special case for you, did you purchase friends' cars from the dealer and he knows you well?
+1 to what you said. I think he is negotiating for free insurance and TCS or thinking of getting insurance done by self outside.
Of course one can get around 20K off from dealer quoted insurance, by opting to take outside. In my case dealer quoted 44K. i got it for 26.5 K outside.

Last edited by rkg : 20th January 2017 at 18:32.
Old 20th January 2017, 19:33   #922
BHPian

With the level of fleecing Hyundais, Toyotas, and Hondas of world indulge in, this is fantastic pricing for a fantastic product
I have owned Tata Manza for 120k and must say it has not been disappointing so far - considering I paid almost 1.2L less than comparable products.
As for quality, show me a car that doesn't have niggles. Everything from City to Innova is straddled with teething issues. Alas, us Indians and our third world treatment by every car maker.
Service experience at Tata is not MS but definitely better than VW and Skodas of the world. Hondas are dishing horror stories in their service as well. I never had issues with parts replacement under warranty - albeit too many parts replaced

I bought S Cross as second car when it was not picking lot of fans. Might go for this one in few months in case I move my Manza.
5kmiles is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 20:19   #923
BHPian

Do you folks think the 2.5 lakh yawning gap between XM and XT variants is justified? Seems like a really huge difference for a 1 step up in the ladder.
Old 20th January 2017, 20:23   #924
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Quite a few hard plastics is okay if they're in the right places inside the vehicle. I have soft touch plastic on my car's dashboard, i don't cajole or celebrate it everyday.
Am sure nobody cajoles/ celebrates this. this is for a feel good factor,an intangible.

Quote:
That's a big flaw. Engineering/design could have done something to overcome the limitation caused by the handbrake lever's position, yes.
+1. This, along with the messed up ergonomics of the driver seat ( knees brushing the dash, slight stretch for the gear knob, no cup holders etc in a very capable vehicle, truly rankle.

Quote:
Have you even checked the XUV niggles thread? Do take a look before trying to rescind Tata's opportunities for improving their vehicles. Ask the Customers of XUV who've owned it since day of launch, how much peace of mind they enjoyed. Kind of biased and closed view? It's cool if you think HEXA shouldn't succeed. No one is going to take offence at it.
a lot of people have been labeled fanboys for a lot less. Why don't people get a simple fact that just because the Xuv has niggles doesn't give the Tata an excuse to be the same. If anything, am sure they would've tried to outdo it. Why compare with something inferior, why not with something equal or better, that's the only way to improve. Just because xyz is bad and is Indian, I deserve latitude?!!

Quote:
Haven't checked out the Zest in detail but I find the plastics of HEXA much worthy of the segment and of way better quality than the crudeness called plastics inside the XUV (a vehicle I've had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with over months).
again the Xuv! Why don't you compare with the Xuv's positives? A lot of people have commended the hexa for what it offers while wishing it offered that bit more. What's wrong with that?
Quote:
we want a 20L vehicle at 12L price for their not so glorious past that could have robbed us of way more money for a trouble free car.
do you seriously think the hexa is a 20L vehicle? Honestly, I think it's overpriced by a lakh for the xta. And that would've truly been disruptive pricing!
Entirely my personal opinion but I don't go to town crucifying others who don't think so.

Quote:
Like some people like features more, some like quality ride and handling and rate them higher. A sufficiently large screen maybe an interesting draw for someone whereas high quality audio music a draw for someone else. Etc Etc.. These choices are more personal and cannot make one product better or poorer compared to another product.
absolutely! Don't recall many here saying that hexa is a poor (or poorer vehicle).

From my reading of the forum and my three test drives so far:-
1. The hexa is a very capable vehicle.
2. Not everybody is very happy with its pricing (must add, nobody seemed grossly put off either). Just that it's not disruptive in the true sense as what we would've liked (human nature )
3. Some ergonomics have indeed been messed up.
4. It's, by general consensus on this thread at least, way more VFM than the crysta but not necessarily more than the XUV.
We all want a homegrown brand to do well. For that the benchmark has to be fixed correctly. E.g. Maruti for A.S.S. For instance, why benchmark plastic quality against the XUV?
I think that's all there is to it. Let's not get personal or emotional with our comments.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 20th January 2017 at 20:27.
handsofsteel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 20:26   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I did quote this to Aadya & he strongly denied any such offers for the time being. I will meet the guy tomorrow evening. Incidentally, Aadya does not have a manual yet for TD & I am keen on the 4x4.

I for one, haven't booked early & let us see. If you have any pointers to references it will help the forum members to a larger extent
Hi m3, I have booked XT 4x2 at Aadya, lemme know when you are going to discussion, we can ask for group discount too.
Old 20th January 2017, 20:33   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Let me explain from start:-
During booking, we asked the dealer if we will have any advantages of giving 11k now instead of booking after launch.
He assured that from his part, he will get us a good deal with accessories from showroom. In fact, there were 4 families in the showroom that day to whom this was said.
We had kept in touch with the showroom throughout the period and that's how i got information on accessories and related prices a day before it started spreading.
Yesterday, i called up the guy and reminded him of his promise. Visited him in the evening and he said he will let us have the wireless charger for free. I laughed on his face and told i need the side step accessory. After 15 minutes of negotiation, that was settled.
coming to the insurance part, i have helped a friend purchase a swift, and another an i20. In both cases, the entire TCS and insurance amounts were taken back after a bit of discussions. I did try this at tata but they were hard bent on providing a discount, but said they could not make it zero.
That's the reason i said i "CAN". Will pay initial down-payment tomorrow if all goes well. And will update here if it was possible to fully reduce the TCS and insurance.
And speaking of transportation and registration costs, common. Anyone can make the dealers take those back!

And no offense to anyone, but as far as i know, if you walk into a showroom and start conversing in english, half the chance of negotiation goes down the drain! Not sure about other cities, but here in Bangalore atleast, it does apply! Few may find this point silly. But since it works for me and others, we're good!

Edit: speaking of pointers and references, though there are few experienced members out here, I'd like to say this:-
1. Transportation and registration costs can be nullified if you demand it.
2. Insurance, like someone said can be procured for cheaper price if showroom doesn't give discount (they should)
3. TCS can be taken out altogether
Please be welcome to add points or correct them, if there's anything wrong!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 20th January 2017 at 20:43.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 20:38   #927
BHPian

@2500CC + abhi7013

Guys - sent you a PM. Will be going to Aadya tomorrow. In the larger interest let us get a better deal
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:14   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
do you seriously think the hexa is a 20L vehicle? Honestly, I think it's overpriced by a lakh for the xta. And that would've truly been disruptive pricing!
To help us understand your thoughts better, can you tell us what you think a 20L vehicle would look like? In case it helps, top end Verna costs close to 16L on road.

If you used the term "disruptive" pricing to mean that it is ridiculously low, then I would like to remind you that just because something is not disruptive, it doesn't become exorbitant. There's something between these two and that's what Hexa's is - fair price.

Safari Dicor 4x4 cost just 2L less than the Hexa and nobody is saying it is exorbitant. And as GTO pointed out few pages back, even after 6 years, Hexa is priced more or less same as Aria (after the price cut), which everyone thought was good albeit late in the game.

I get it, you don't like to pay 20L for a Tata vehicle, but that doesn't make it a lesser vehicle or that Tata should sell it without profit. Every car will have flaws. But we should keep in mind that nobody is perfect. In a perfect world, all sentences begin with a capital!
prakash_ajp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:47   #929
BHPian

Not expecting this from tata motors dealer. they quoted me Rs.18,51,106 ex-showroom (Vapi, Gujarat) for XT 4x4 model...!!! even the carwale and other online web site show me Rs. 17,62,209 ex-showroom for same place.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170120-9.37.06-pm.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled2.jpg  

Nilay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 23:43   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthiltg View Post
Do you folks think the 2.5 lakh yawning gap between XM and XT variants is justified? Seems like a really huge difference for a 1 step up in the ladder.
Feature difference between XM and XT (4x2) is substantial. It is not like Maruti's VX & ZX.

Here's what XM loses on:
Chrome on door handles
Tailgate chrome
Rear luggage chrome
Roof rails
19' machined alloys
Front fog lamps
Daytime running lights
Leather feel upholstery
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Leather feel door inserts
Center speaker & subwoofer
Cruise control
Dynamic drive mode
ESP
TCS
Hill hold
Hill descent
HBA
Side & curtain airbags
All express down windows
Auto AC
Reverse parking camera
Auto headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Power fold orvm
3rd row power outlet
Fast charging on 2nd row

Most of these features cannot be fitted aftermarket. I honestly feel that you are getting your penny's worth with the XT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Not expecting this from tata motors dealer. they quoted me Rs.18,51,106 ex-showroom (Vapi, Gujarat) for XT 4x4 model...!!! even the carwale and other online web site show me Rs. 17,62,209 ex-showroom for same place.
Trust only the dealer or Tata's website. You can call the Hexa helpline to confirm.

By the way, what is this AMC 100,000 kms for 85k? How different is it from the standard 3-yr Tata warranty?

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 20th January 2017 at 23:47.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks