Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2017, 00:51   #1066
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I saw a silver Hexa at the stockyard the other day.

Honestly, only the dark colors look swell on the Hexa. White and silver somehow end up looking utilitarian, in a very taxi kind of way.

The sheer road presence of the Hexa in metallic blue with those 19'' alloys is quite something. I believe the shade is almost identical to the one BMW offers on the 5 Series, and the paint quality is no less either.

On a related note, I finalized my shade. Was confused between blue and the dark grey but after seeing the vehicle in both, it was a no brainer. Blue it is! Delivery expected in 10 days or so.

Congrats on your booking ! Hoping to see. Detailed ownership report from you soon! Btw, which variant are you getting?

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 29th January 2017 at 00:55.
Old 29th January 2017, 01:02   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Congrats on your booking ! Hoping to see. Detailed ownership report from you soon!
I had booked it a month back. In fact, I would have had the car home by now had I taken a call on the color last week. It's just that I wanted to check out all the colors in person before finalizing.

I'd like to add that my experience at Pahwa Autoworld, Delhi has been top class. This is the third time I have changed my choice of color. They have been totally transparent and cooperative. Full marks to them.

I am getting the XTA, 6 seater.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 29th January 2017 at 01:05.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 10:18   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Hexa on road for the first time in the blue shade. It looks fabulous IMO. Looks like a full size MUV and feels premium.
Old 29th January 2017, 10:54   #1069
BHPian

Colors are personal preference to anyone but blue is the shade in HEXA which you can not ignore even if you choose any other color also . Still confused between Hexa and Innova . I have to decide in march so still one month left to take the final call . I am sold on HEXA but difficult to convince everyone else in family that i am putting 21 + on TATA .
Old 29th January 2017, 11:52   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Colors are personal preference to anyone but blue is the shade in HEXA which you can not ignore even if you choose any other color also . Still confused between Hexa and Innova . I have to decide in march so still one month left to take the final call . I am sold on HEXA but difficult to convince everyone else in family that i am putting 21 + on TATA .
I struggled with the same dilemma for quite some time. Going 20+ for a Tata instead of a Toyota is a huge mental block indeed. However, when I took back to back test drives of the two, XTA vs ZX AT, I was able to make up my mind with full clarity. Not only is the Hexa's drive a lot smoother and jerk free, the car is quieter, better built, feels more premium and has much better seats. Then there is the price difference. If you think objectively, the only place where the Innova actually scores over the Hexa is outright performance.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 13:14   #1071
BHPian

Booked XT4x4 last saturday at Prerana. Not convinced though - 22L vehicle with a criss crossed passenger footwell. I could change this to Storme VX4x4 too.

If someone is interested Prerana has a sky grey 4x4 available for immediate delivery.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th January 2017 at 13:48. Reason: Please avoid using SMS language. Some1 edited to 'someone'.
m3_07 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2017, 14:08   #1072
BHPian

Ok, I did TD of the XTA today. And it scraped the pillar at my apartment parking(which is bit squeeze) while parking. While I was turning left from the parking bay I could see gap between the body and the pillar and slowly I moved ahead and suddenly I hear scratching sound. My heart skipped and I cannot still see the contact area. Then I lowered the Left ORVM and then I could see, the bulge on the tyre area which was not visible in ORVM earlier was in contact with the pillar. I told the SA who came along that not to worry and I would speak to his manager. We continued with the TD.

Other then above mentioned incident, TD went very well. Came out quite impressed.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:33   #1073
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised at the pace at which this thread has lost favour among T-BHPians.

The general consensus seem to be that price is reasonable, feature list is exhaustive, performance and handling is top-notch, drive and ride quality is unparalleled.

The flaws lies somewhere else, its the Mental Block that is Tata.
carwatcher is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:42   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am surprised at the pace at which this thread has lost favour among T-BHPians.

The general consensus seem to be that price is reasonable, feature list is exhaustive, performance and handling is top-notch, drive and ride quality is unparalleled.

Could not understand what you were trying to convey! You said General consensus "seem" to be. Well, do you agree with it, or is it otherwise?
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 22:14   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Well, yeah. Tata isn't Toyota for people to line-up outside showrooms with full payment in tow waiting to lay their hands on the car. Tata didn't lose the trust of its customers overnight and won't certainly gain it that fast either.

I hope Tata is here to persevere and gradually earn back the faith.

Quote:
I am sure this would be good enough reason for early adopters and if Hexa is indeed as good as the consensus is today, word of mouth would spread leading to rise in footfalls at showroom and here on the thread!

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 30th January 2017 at 22:18.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 22:31   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Official Extended Warranty details for the Tata Hexa:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 23:04   #1077
BHPian

As a Storme owner, I would recommend buyers to go for Ext warranty.Personal experience I paid 7k at time of sale for 1yr extra(4th year) warranty.The first 3 years nothing no major parts replacement was required.The 4th year saw AC compressor (Rs 18760 !) and door locks assembly replaced free of cost.
It's like insurance, hope you don't need it ever, but when you do, you ll be glad you spent that small amount initially.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 23:33   #1078
Senior - BHPian

I did like the Hexa personally but haven't done in-depth analysis of each and every variant wrt VFM factor. Also I did predicted the launch price of 11.99 Lac on this very thread after the price leak of 12.30 Lacs.

Regarding my consensus comment, I posted what I observed.

On the Ignis thread the mood turned from negative to positive and one could feel it. While here I am amazed by the lack of number of posts since launch. The interest simply seems to have dried up.

B-RV and Mobilio flopped due to pricing. Almost everyone accepts that they were simply overpriced. But for Hexa, almost everyone is agreeing to the fact that its not overpriced "but" they have questions to answer (to family, friends, acquaintances, and most importantly to oneself) before putting 20 big ones on Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Could not understand what you were trying to convey! You said General consensus "seem" to be. Well, do you agree with it, or is it otherwise?
carwatcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 23:55   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
As a Storme owner, I would recommend buyers to go for Ext warranty.Personal experience I paid 7k at time of sale for 1yr extra(4th year) warranty.The first 3 years nothing no major parts replacement was required.The 4th year saw AC compressor (Rs 18760 !) and door locks assembly replaced free of cost.
It's like insurance, hope you don't need it ever, but when you do, you ll be glad you spent that small amount initially.
True. I also replaced full front wiring of my car under warranty. TASS told its cost is around 18k but I was lucky as I had just few weeks left under warranty.
One should always opt for maximum warranty period provided by manufacturer.

BTW what about hexa's gold and silver packages?
Is that also official now and what all things it covers?
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 00:01   #1080

Hi team

Finally done with the paperwork for the XTA, should get the car by 8th or 9th

Took the Gold AMC for 3 year / 60k kms for Rs 48,000 ( they started the 3 year Gold amc with hexa )
Took the 2 years extended warranty for Rs 15700
will also do the anti rust treatment for Rs 5000 ( 5 years warranty )

so now just waiting to get my hands ( and 1 leg ) on the beauty
Konkrilla is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed