Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:09   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
What is it you are pointing out here? We are having a Zest XMA diesel from the first batch and we love it. It cost 8L on road in 2014 and nothing comes close in VFM equation. Also, we haven't taken it to the service center for anything more than usual services. So what's your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Forget about me for a while. (Although two of my uncles have the same model indica, 10 years old, still running).
Looking at the few posts that follow yours from owners, it would be wise for you to refrain from using harsh terms!
It won't be long now when a mod closes this thread.
Lets stick to Hexa!

Ps: Only two hexas sold from prerana motors, Bangalore. Anybody with a rough estimate with total sales? Would love to know what number my hexa would be!
While I have not tried the Hexa, we did buy a Zest and our experience has been very disappointing.

Our car has been serviced at the Tata Concorde service center in Bombay, and then with Wasan, and our primary complaints have been the frequent Check Engine light warning. The service centers have been unable to troubleshoot and identify the problem.

Recently we had a weird problem where there was a problem with the drive shaft and the car would not move although the engine was running.

Repeated visits to the service centers for the same problems have destroyed our confidence in their ability to provide a niggle free vehicle.

Thankfully for the last month or so, the problems have abated, but we're keeping our fingers crossed.

I'm happy to see that so many people here are vouching for Tata cars, I hope you continue to buy them, since I also bought shares of Tata Motors when I bought the Zest, and the stock price is down too. Perhaps some day, the fortunes might turn...
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:33   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Come out of perception mate with reality and by experiencing the product itself. Just commenting same thing again and again which you might have heard from someone, who never experienced Tata cars.
Rightly said the problem is people who are criticizing Hexa are going by the image of Tata >10 years back. I am happy owner of Safari Dicor from last 6 years (1,35,000 kms) and had only minor issues/niggles with my car.

I have seen TASS improving year after year and my experience was always good.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:40   #1158
BHPian

Guys,

The discussion in the last few pages has drifted into TATA's reliability rather than the product. There are enough threads to discuss reliability and brand perception of TATA Motors, this is a product review thread so lets keep the discussion on the product.

Also, for those who would want to criticize the Hexa, pls do so once you have seen the vehicle in flesh (TD is not required), just visit the showroom, spend sometime to experience the vehicle and then share your views and comment.

Request not to post just for the sake of posting.

People read our forum to take decisions and our discussions should help them take the right ones
Karthik Chandra is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:59   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this was already shared.

Renuka from Autocar India says "Hexa is light years ahead of XUV in terms of interior quality, number of features, sound quality and almost all aspects."

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...on-403988.aspx
ajay_satpute is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:00   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Reading so many views about people placing their faith in TML and buying Aria, only to be left high and dry, and thereby this impacting the prospects of the Hexa, a thought crossed my mind.

When the XUV was launched, it was plagued with issues and niggles. Despite that, people bought it in droves- why? IMHO the major factor was that Mahindra backed their product to the hilt. They acknowledged the issues, proactively addressed them and went the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. This generated positive buzz around both the product and the company, so much so that when Mahindra repeatedly hiked prices of the XUV, there wasn't even a whimper and people readily accepted it, knowing that they are putting down hard earned cash for a vehicle that is supported to the hilt by the manufacturer. Also Mahindra updated it regularly, with the addition of goodies(micro hybrid, sunroof etc) and substantial changes in the form of an automatic transmission.

In stark contrast Tata met out step motherly treatment not just to the Aria, but also to the one vehicle in their line up that had a cult following- the Safari. To date there is no auto transmission in the Safari storme, which is the one thing that can resurrect it even today (Im not even going into lack of ACC, touch screen audio etc since those are good to have but not critical).

So while Tata seems to be making amends with the Hexa, there is too much distrust in the minds of the general public, and for good reason. Please note Im not a Tata basher and have bought 4 tata cars in my life, including 2 safaris.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 2nd February 2017 at 13:09.
himanshugoswami is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:31   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
but also to the one vehicle in their line up that had a cult following- the Safari. To date there is no auto transmission in the Safari storme.

True that! I believe The Safari still holds sway over minds of its faithful cult. I really hope the Hexa's amazing ride quality and interiors and the homework done by TML to arrive at the solid Hexa translates down to the next gen Safari.That would be amazing and an irresistible vehicle! I hope Tata takes your advice and shows some deserved love towards the legendary Safari! I will be first in line for that booking!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:37   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
When the XUV was launched, it was plagued with issues and niggles. Despite that, people bought it in droves- why? IMHO the major factor was that Mahindra backed their product to the hilt. They acknowledged the issues, proactively addressed them and went the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
OT: I can vouch for this. One of my friend brought a XUV and had gear box issues from the very first month. Initially the service center tried to pin it down on him citing the driving habits, but once he escalated the matter it was promptly looked in to and then they replaced the clutch and then the gearbox (and even provided him with a loaner car).

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:00   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konkrilla View Post
Hi team

Finally done with the paperwork for the XTA, should get the car by 8th or 9th

Took the Gold AMC for 3 year / 60k kms for Rs 48,000 ( they started the 3 year Gold amc with hexa )
Took the 2 years extended warranty for Rs 15700
will also do the anti rust treatment for Rs 5000 ( 5 years warranty )

so now just waiting to get my hands ( and 1 leg ) on the beauty
Best Wishes to you!

One word of advice: You will be given an "extended warranty booklet" with the terms and 'master list of parts covered' in it. Please keep it handy and refer to it, in case you need it in the future.

e.g.: For storme, Clutch and all clutch components are covered - except - if the clutch is burnt or worn.Such small conditions are clearly mentioned in the book and you can produce it at the time of requirement.

My actual point is : Please preserve the original invoice that shows you have paid for the Extended Warranty. I was told to produce that when I claimed for AC compressor replacement. I have every bit of paperwork organised and readily produced it and there on, it was no problem.

TML has computerised records for your car which has helped me use up AMC anywhere in the country with the authorised TASS network, but if you find yourself in a situation that demands some paperwork, better to keep it handy.

Cheers and Drive Safe!

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 2nd February 2017 at 14:01. Reason: added text
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:33   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
True that! I believe The Safari still holds sway over minds of its faithful cult. I really hope the Hexa's amazing ride quality and interiors and the homework done by TML to arrive at the solid Hexa translates down to the next gen Safari.That would be amazing and an irresistible vehicle! I hope Tata takes your advice and shows some deserved love towards the legendary Safari! I will be first in line for that booking!
True, there will be many more joining you in the line including me.

But still if we talk about comfort and ride quality I think Aria was better than Safari and same case will be there with Hexa vs next gen Safari.

I feel driving dynamics of Hexa will be better than Safari (if they roll out changes in current model) considering the height and body roll.

Hope I am not wrong here as I saw somewhere that next gen Safari will share its design with Discovery Sport.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:28   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hope I am not wrong here as I saw somewhere that next gen Safari will share its design with Discovery Sport...
Not really. Apparently the said luxury SUV with Discovery underpinnings would be slot above Safari and below the Fortuner/Endeavor

Quoting RavenAvi's post from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some more details on the Q5 premium SUV from the Tata stable filter in.

The other is a top-of-the-line luxury SUV that is currently taking shape at design studios in UK, Italy and India.

According to a company source, the premium SUV is based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport L550 platform and will follow a similar architecture while integrating Tata’s Impact Design philosophy. The Land Rover team is playing a lead role in the aesthetics for the premium vehicle.

The SUV will be positioned above the Safari and slot into a space below the SUVs sold by global auto manufacturers like Toyota, General Motors and Ford. “It will be the most premium vehicle yet to carry the Tata badge,” a company official said.

The premium SUV that is expected to be priced upward of Rs 20 lakh will be powered by a 2 litre diesel engine.

ET Auto
Coming back to HEXA, any idea how many of those initial bookings(3000?) got converted to actual sales? How's the mood overall?

Going by last few pages I feel its a trend now in every TML launch. More than the product the discussion always tends to sway towards how reliable/unreliable Tata Motors is and dilutes the point of the thread to some extent. Can we please stick to the current offering and its real world performance?

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd February 2017 at 15:37.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:35   #1166
BHPian

Something to put all this negativity behind us, as I was reading the thread just got a call from the dealer saying my PDI is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
zeddo is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:57   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
Something to put all this negativity behind us, as I was reading the thread just got a call from the dealer saying my PDI is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Wow sounds great.

After reading posts against company(Tata) vs product(Hexa) it is clear that only better product can not help Tata.

Rebuilding the brand image will take time and we should respect the negative comments coming from our fellow TBhp members.

Being Tata's customers we can only inspire confidence in them but the service and assurance has to be provided by Tata only.

I feel they should try to check out Hexa personally and discuss with their friends and family who have bought Tata vehicles in last 4-5 years. Positive comments from them will help in changing their perception towards Tata.

Hexa| XUV | Crysta may appeal to different type of buyers in market.
- If you are looking for total reliability and doesn't care much about looks and ready to shell out extra premium can go for Crysta.
- If you are looking for butch SUV looks with ample feaures and can live with cheap interiors and quality can go for XUV.
- If you are looking for comfort, space and dynamics with plush interiors and superb ride quality can go for Hexa.
roby_dk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:19   #1168
BHPian

For the first time I am seeing a Tata car on road within couple of weeks of its launch. Hexa has a brilliant road presence and definitely a head turner.

Overall its a great package. Hope it sells well and paves way for more brilliant products from Tata.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_0119.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_0121.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:20   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post

Hexa| XUV | Crysta may appeal to different type of buyers in market.
- If you are looking for total reliability and doesn't care much about looks and ready to shell out extra premium can go for Crysta.
- If you are looking for butch SUV looks with ample feaures and can live with cheap interiors and quality can go for XUV.
- If you are looking for comfort, space and dynamics with plush interiors and superb ride quality can go for Hexa.
This is SPOT ON - Exactly the decision factors for making the choice of either of the 3 vehicles in the segment. My take is that the public has gotten extremely confused since all the 3 choices have their own shortcomings and none are the perfect unanimous choice. However only when you prioritize your requirements can you make the decision.

For me it was:
7/8 seater with a bench middle row & a comfortable 3rd row + space for luggage with 3rd row up - XUV knocked off
Comfortable ride - XUV knocked off
Access to 3rd row - Endy knocked off
Fully Loaded TOP END variant only - Innova Knocked off (no bench seater)
Price/VFM - Endy & Innova knocked off
What remained Hexa

Factors not influencing the decision:
ICE - Score Hexa anyways
Sunroof
Oodles of Chrome, Keyless entry, button start etc. <Features that are more of good to haves/ non-critical/dont affect the performance/comfort greatly>
Brand perception

So there you have it - been looking since about a year now - all hopes riding on Hexa
zeddo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 00:34   #1170
BHPian

I would like to pen down my Hexa test drive experience here. I went on the TML website sometime before the launch and gave my number. I got a call within an hour offering to give me more information about the vehicle and a test drive. I was told that my nearest dealer with a test car is KHT motors. I waited a couple of days and called KHT motors finally. After a couple of calls they fixed up a time for the test drive. However at the fixed time nobody showed up. Having owned a Safari before this was not new to me and reading up all these posts I really felt like experiencing the car so I rang them again. This time I got a very responsive chap who wanted to drive down to my place right then. I fixed up another appointment and then had to bring it forward but this time it went like clockwork.

So me and my wife hopped into a Hexa XTA for the test ride. First impressions this looked like a much more modern and premium cockpit compared to my Safari 2.2. My wife loved the middle row of captain seats. I am built large and my perennial problem with the Safari has been the tiny gap between the steering wheel and the thighs. Thankfully this is sorted. There is not much space for the driver to keep a cellphone or pretty much anything which is a problem.

The engine switched on with very little to show for it while I was expecting a a Safari like shake when it comes on and off which has always reminded me of a cat getting up after a nap.

Once I got in I tried every piece of bad road I could find in the vicinity however the Hexa like a six legged insect stayed completely steady with that excellent suspension completely isolating almost every bump. It was indeed a sea change from my Safari which would sway like a boat.

Next I tried some acceleration and the sports mode too. The Hexa though not the most hurried of the lot came to its own beyond 1800 RPM and moved with grace and poise. The braking and steering too inspired confidence and though the steering is heavier than my i20 well a very light steering might seem out of character. It definitely is a huge improvement compared to the Safari's which was similar to arm wrestling.

The turning radius too is not bad considering the size of the vehicle.

The seats are pure luxury even in the third row my only discomfort was that the ceiling was quite close.

The already proven 2.2 in this new avatar is still a delight to drive for the smooth build up of power crawl mode, oodles of torque.

As I walked away from it after the test drive what played on my mind was that this car is much more than an MUV and I could not see it in the same class as an Innova. However it is not an SUV for its obvious shortcomings on overhangs. It did feel like the best vehicle for 6-7 people to go around in splendid comfort to most parts of India.

Will I buy it. I dunno but it has given me much needed hope that perhaps Tata is finally getting to a point where it can build a true and worthy successor to the legacy of India's first SUV the Safari.
nainan is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks