Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2017, 12:40   #1351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi,

I don't think giving a single rear fog lamp or single reversing indicator is cost cutting per se. Don't a lot of cars come like that now a days. If I am not wrong, most Europeans have similar placement for rear fog lamps and reversing indicators.

Yes you're right most VW's Skoda's etc have the same setup.
Old 18th February 2017, 13:02   #1352
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Thank you! Got the car and reached home late, so no pictures as of now. Will upload everything tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Delivery on Monday. Mum's bday, so it's our std day for buying new cars
Congratulations to both of you and wish you happy mile munching. Will look forward for your detailed reviews.

Test drove Hexa XTA last weekend along with my colleague and both of us came out thoroughly impressed.
Excellent road presence much better than direct competition. Interior layout and quality is top notch. Auto box performance is very good, acceleration is fast and gear shifts are smooth.

Couple of things I think could have been better, the steering did not feel direct enough, being a hydraulic unit it could have been a lot better. Secondly the body roll I felt was noticeably present while taking turns and cornering at moderate speeds. These shortcomings are more to do with the fact that my current drive is a Punto. My colleague did not feel these as issues, should not be a deal breaker.

Dealership experience was good, SA was a smartly dressed lady who looked quite knowledgeable, I did not ask many questions though. (After reading T-BHP official review one does not feel the need to ask many questions, especially about the product).
This dealership had ~90 bookings and she was honest to admit that there were few cancellations and downgrades, especially to XMA immediately after price announcement but that has settled down and inquiries/bookings are picking up now.

Last edited by S.MJet : 18th February 2017 at 13:04.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 17:41   #1353
BHPian

Tata Hexa seems to have got on to a good start. So far I have already seen 5 Hexa's on Mumbai roads and Arizona Blue seems to the most preferred color.

I think Tata is also doing its bit to amp up the sales by sending these messages on 100% loan from Tata Motor finance to prospective buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.png  

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 18:43   #1354
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got the chance to see the Hexa in flesh at Prerana Motors, Bangalore and the bonus was being able to also do a short TD as well and I came out pretty impressed

Visited the showroom around noon and it was quite empty, there was just one other customer who was interested in the Tiago.
I told the sales folk that I'm not in the market to buy and just wanted to see the Hexa. They were cool, no over-enthusiastic sales talk and it was a pretty enjoyable experience in the end

The XT 4x2 in Arizona Blue was on display and we took a leisurely, detailed look at the vehicle with the sales staff explaining features when we asked specific questions. There's a lot going right for this Tata offering and some small things I liked were:
1. Safety - ABS, Airbags, build quality very reassuring
2. Black/dark greyish interiors (I don't like Beige/lighter colours!)
3. Seats are comfortable and leather seat covers feel good
4. 2 glove boxes, one of them a cooled one
5. Centre Handrest console + storage box
6. Centre of middle row seat (bench seat version) has cup holders + storage
7. Bottle holders on all doors
8. 3 12V sockets (1 in each row), 2 USB ports (front & middle)
9. AC Vents for second & third rows
10. Third row can seat 2 not-too-tall adults comfortably
11. Retractable Sunblinds
12. JBL Music system is excellent
13. Neat cover in the boot for tools
14. Engine bay looks very well organized

If I really have to nitpick, I disliked:
1. The offset/projection that creates step on right side of front passenger (See attached picture). I felt this reduces some space for the front passenger's right foot and makes it a bit uncomfortable, but I guess one will get used to it over time
2. Build quality of the pop-up door locks, all of them had a slight shake/judder
3. Too much chrome on outer panel. Looks like the lower variants do have piano black equivalents for some of them, so thankfully some of them can be swapped or repainted in the worst case
4. Sunglass holder - From a ease of use perspective, I would have preferred it to be in the middle near the lamps and instead it could have simply been an assist grip. Also, though there is an inner lining in the sunglass holder to protect the glass, the holder does not have it's own plastic moulded back, so quite soon the beige colored roof lining will get dirty
5. Long clutch play & travel (probably my lack of experience driving large Diesel cars/SUVs)

As we were ready to head out after about 30 minutes, the sales executive mentioned that one of the TD cars is back and we can try it if interested and we did!
Having just driven a Safari once for about 15 minutes, I wasn't too sure how difficult it would be to manage the Hexa in city traffic conditions but I was surprised at the way it handled. The TD lasted about 20 minutes with moderate to heavy traffic, so could not do speeds more than 50kmph but it was very comfortable with good view of the road on all sides, easy to manouevre. TD Car was an XT 4x4 in Arizona Blue and TD was done in 4x2 mode.

If ever I'm in the market for a 6/7 seater, I would definitely consider the Hexa.

Step near right foot of front passenger
Tata Hexa : Official Review-step.jpg

Hexa XT 4x2 in Arizona Blue
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 18th February 2017 at 19:08.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 21:38   #1355
BHPian

little Cosmetic MOD done on HEXA.
1. Blacken the A-pillars and Roof
2. Spoiler
3. Side Fin Fender/Decal.

pic courtesy: PiClick Films
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled2k.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled2.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 23:26   #1356
BHPian

Took the delivery of XT 4x2 yesterday. Drove it to around 100 km on highway.
Initially i found
1.Gear shift (manual 6 speed) quality was smooth. It was not slickest but very good. I had no problem at all.
2. You can hear the turbo whistle sound while accelerating. actually i liked it.
3. Cornering behavior was confidence inspiring on long sweeping highway curves. Tyre grip was outstanding.
4. Suspension was very good
5. 1st and 2nd gears are only for moving the vehicle. 3rd gear is very useful in city. 4th,5th and 6th gears are for highway use.
6. Acceleration was somehow i found bit less though i never crossed 2000 rpm in any gears.
7. i played some of the songs from my phone to Harman ICE via bluetooth connection and sound quality was not up to the mark. i changed some of settings but it was not outstanding audio quality. Bass was very good at volume 12 and above. you can feel the vibrations. mid notes and high notes were not the sharpest. overall it was more like mono tone than the true stereo quality.
8. placement of gear lever is far from driver but not uncomfortable at least for me. actually it felt like driving a truck or some big vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170217-2.30.47-pm.jpeg  

Nilay is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 23:54   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Congratulations on your new vehicle. Who is the dealer?
Thank you. My dealer is Prerana Motors, Lalbhagh road, Bangalore.
Old 19th February 2017, 00:01   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Thank you. My dealer is Prerana Motors, Lalbhagh road, Bangalore.
Congrats and best wishes to you.? Could you tell us which variant you went for?
Old 19th February 2017, 10:06   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Took the delivery of XT 4x2 yesterday. Drove it to around 100 km on highway.
Initially i found
1.Gear shift (manual 6 speed) quality was smooth. It was not slickest but very good. I had no problem at all.
2. You can hear the turbo whistle sound while accelerating. actually i liked it.
Congrats !
I had mine from 6th Feb did around 1500km on odo. Gears are very smooth (except 1st, because of reach). 3-4-5-6 are in finger touch mode. Great car and great stability. Single lane driving in Dynamic was fun. That Turbo whistle no words to express.

If you have not tried try cruise control, try one like below and feel rear wheels pushing you forward.
Set Cruise control speed around 110 (around 2000 rpm in 6th gear) and later slow down (braking) and resume cruise control. That's an wonderful experience I had during my long drive on my car.
Black_Beast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 12:31   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Congrats and best wishes to you.? Could you tell us which variant you went for?
Its the XT 4X2 7 seat configuration. Tungsten Silver.
Old 19th February 2017, 12:33   #1361
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Attaching the Hexa pricing sheet from Prerana.
In Bangalore, the XT 4x2 will burn 20.5 big ones in your pocket.
Absolutely no discounts currently and hardly any scope for bargaining and negotiations, I was told.
I think the Extended warranties (3 year OEM Warranty + 2 year additional upto 1.5 Lakh Km would be my pick) definitely make sense.

*Also, the wheels and tyres - any chance that the 19 inchers (235/55/R19 I think) would give way to 17 inchers like what happened with the Crysta ? The sales folk confidently replied with a Big No when I asked

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-pricing-prerana.jpeg

Last edited by NPV : 19th February 2017 at 12:35.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 13:18   #1362
BHPian

Congrats to all the pioneers! How does the hand rest feel while driving?
Old 19th February 2017, 14:23   #1363
BHPian

According to my driving position I don't rest my arm on left side, Probably occasionally used my thigh to rest. But right arm is rested on right door arm-rest and it's good. In a very relaxed drive have used left arm-rest but it's not for driver's
Old 19th February 2017, 14:51   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Hexa in person yesterday on the road and it really has got immense road presence. From a quick glance, I thought it was the endeavour specially from the rear. It does look a bit boxy from the back and would have been better looking if probably Tata could give it a slightly curved rear just like the endeavour. The overdose of chrome at the back is a let down for me.

Looking at that price list, Tata must get this product right. People plonking 20L ( thats Innova territory) on a Tata will not tolerate anything less than the best.
Old 19th February 2017, 15:11   #1365
BHPian

I just feel..
TataHEXA Design needs a 'Sporty touch' with a Rear Spoiler+Shark Fin Antenna+Side Fin Fender

original pic courtesy: PiClick Films
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled2.1aaak.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks