Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 13:00   #766
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Tata Hexa launched at Rs 11.99 lakh

Very competitive pricing.
Spot on Pricing. Now it will definitely took the place/vacuum created by the replacement of old Innova. I can say XUV 500 will face the heat and it will take away the sheen from Innova Crysta too.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:00   #767
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Please note that 'introductory' pricing has become standard industry-speak for "we may increase it later if demand is exceptional". It's also a carrot to get people to rush into the showroom, thinking that the prices will be increased later.

In some cases, introductory prices can also come down, if demand has been weak.

In other cases, the introductory prices itself will remain. So, let's not stress too much on this part.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:01   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I believe the Sun roof isn't a big deal at all. Few XUV owners I know say its often unused for months, so its really not as big a deal as people may think.
This is very psychological indeed !! Isn't this true - "You crave for something and once you get it, you hardly use it or care about it". I know a lot of people who have cars with Sunroofs who very occasionally use it. It is more for the kids at home than anyone else.

All said and done, according to me the Sunroof does impact buying perspective for those who usually buy cars based on looks and features. May be TATA will consider this sometime in the future !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthiltg View Post
So there is never a single benchmark for any of this attribute. Probably, that is what keeps things interesting I guess!
There can never be a single benchmark as this depends on what you are used to driving and which car you are comparing it with at the back of your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This is what i wrote regarding the Hexa elsewhere - in a nutshell:
Spot On !! Comfort at par with the Innova and Ride Quality at par with the Duster. Could not have explained it better in a nutshell indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pricing starts from:
Rs 11.9 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, and
Rs 12.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Mumbai.
Thanks for sharing !! It will get interesting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Here is a quick comparo of prices with Innova Crysta and XUV 5oo
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi
Good Comparison !! I managed to bump into the Tata Motors State Service Head some days back and we picked up this chat on the Hexa. Tata's idea is to make space for the Hexa by targeting the XUV 500 and the Crysta. This gives a good insight
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:01   #769
Senior - BHPian

6 and 7 seater variants are priced exactly the same
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:04   #770
BHPian

IMO, Its just hit or miss pricing, nothing to fret about. Hexa XT can be compared only with XUV W8 which is over 1L against the already proven XUV. Not very excited about the pricing, will reconsider my booking.

Last edited by 2500cc : 18th January 2017 at 13:05.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:04   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
These are introductory prices. They haven't undercut XUV500 top variant, which has sunroof and push button start.
IMO they should have undercut XUV, more so when the hexa pricing is introductory. Anyways good luck to Tata Motors.
In addition XUV also has powered seats and auto folding mirrors.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:06   #772
Senior - BHPian

Pricing it over the XUV is very brave if not down right suicidal. The Hexa carries two big baggages- Being a tata and the legacy of Aria. This pricing makes the XUV W8 and W10 Automatic VFM, especially considering the discounts on offer. One casualty in the short term would probably be evaporation of discounts on XUV.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:14   #773
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

So, a new product, with a questionable past repute is priced at a premium to an established and proven product(with arguably more features- w10at vs xta). I, for one, think, prices should 've been undercutting the Xuv at every variant, not merely the entry level (w6 AT vs xma e.g.). Further, calling these introductory prices is definitely not going to help. Remember, the Xuv has the advantage of a relatively butch look and a relatively proven track record. Waiting for the Xuv refresh.
I will stick my neck out and be brave here- IMHO, a missed opportunity for TATA, this will never catch up with the Xuv and will taper off in a year. Hope I am proven wrong...

Last edited by handsofsteel : 18th January 2017 at 13:18.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:21   #774
Senior - BHPian

Family not super excited with price. Tata should've undercut the XUV, atleast initially.

Nothing about extended warranty either (This does dent confidence in the brand).

Even if I feel product is fine & price is sufficiently ok, I can't ignore the "brand resale value" angle.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:44   #775
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Price Comparison of Tata Hexa & Mahindra XUV5OO.

Note - Prices are of Ex-Showroom Bangalore

Name:  Screenshot 16.png
Views: 6778
Size:  22.6 KB
CarguyNish is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:46   #776
BHPian

Pricing of the top end variants is disappointing indeed. Since they are calling these introductory prices, they should've been comfortably undercutting the competition. And they have no competition with the Innova, so patting themselves for undercutting it is just 'la la land' talk. Where does TML pick its product management teams from! Now it makes more sense for prospective customers to wait. It seems like TML might have to cut top end prices in the coming months.

With this pricing the XT4x4 is a nice choice among a number of other vehicles. It is not a no-brainer pick though.

Last edited by param22k : 18th January 2017 at 13:51. Reason: Grammer
Old 18th January 2017, 14:05   #777
BHPian

This is terrible pricing indeed. I was expecting Tata to undercut the XUV by at least two lakhs for them to have any chance of attracting buyers. It's a mistake that they priced an inferior product on par with a famous product from a much more reputed company.

Ideal pricing 'IMO' would have been 9-14L
Old 18th January 2017, 14:06   #778
BHPian

Autocar India has posted a comparison between Hexa and XUV 500. Apt timing for a comparison.

Advantage Hexa : Refinement, Premium Interiors, Ride and Handling.

Advantage XUV: Easier in Traffic, Engine Response, Better Equipped.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hxc1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hxc2.jpg

Tata has priced Hexa lower than XUV. It seems the comparison prices quoted earlier for XUV were not for Delhi.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hxc3.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 18th January 2017 at 14:28.
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:06   #779
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Here is a quick comparo of prices with Innova Crysta and XUV 5oo
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi

The prices I have shared are of the 2.2L variant
Source: Carwale
A friend from the industry mentioned that the prices for XUV are Ex-Mumbai and not EX-Dellhi in this chart. Kindly reconfirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here is the Price Comparison of Tata Hexa & Mahindra XUV5OO.

Note - Prices are of Ex-Showroom Bangalore

Absolute top-end XUV (W10, AT AWD) is 19.1 ex-showroom in Mumbai. I find it difficult to believe that same model is cheaper in Bangalore. Kindly reconfirm.

Can someone compare the feature list and figure out which variant of Hexa would compare closely with which variant of XUV5OO? Only then we can compare prices of comparable variants and comment.

Last edited by SDP : 18th January 2017 at 16:19.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:11   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
A friend from the industry mentioned that the prices for XUV are Ex-Mumbai and not EX-Dellhi in this chart. Kindly reconfirm.

Absolute top-end XUV (W10, AT AWD) is 19.1 ex-showroom in Mumbai. I find it difficult that same model is cheaper in Bangalore. Kindly reconfirm.

Can someone compare the feature list and figure out which variant of Hexa would compare closely with which variant of XUV5OO? Only then we can compare prices of comparable variants and comment.
Mumbai Ex-Showroom prices may be higher on account of Octroi. Bangalore OTR prices will be marginally higher on account of higher road tax.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks