Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 00:10   #1081
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
On the Ignis thread the mood turned from negative to positive and one could feel it. While here I am amazed by the lack of number of posts since launch. The interest simply seems to have dried up.
I think this is simply the transition time between everyone being excited before or immediately after the launch, and the period when people actually buy it and start sharing their ownership experience. So I wouldn't read too much into this quiet time.
anthiltg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 05:09   #1082
BHPian

I too had the same confusion about the color. Finally decided that it has to be Arizona blue. I am getting the XTA, 6 seater version. Car has been allotted to me now. Paper work is in progress. Hoping I will get the Hexa in the second week of Feb 2017.

Opted for extended 2-year warranty. I am still thinking on the Gold package. I have 90 days time to decide on it.

Before deciding I tested XUV 5oo, Innnova Crysta and Hexa back to back atleast 3 times. But I must admit, it was the Hexa which impressed me the most. I drive an Accord everyday to work, I am truely impressed with the ride quality, smooth shifting automatic, premium interiors and the refined engine. You do not feel the car is that big when you drive it. My only worry is long term reliability. But the extended warranty helps matter a little bit. I have peace of mind for the next 5 years.
power_slave77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 06:35   #1083
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slave77 View Post
I too had the same confusion about the color. Finally decided that it has to be Arizona blue. I am getting the XTA, 6 seater version. Car has been allotted to me now. Paper work is in progress. Hoping I will get the Hexa in the second week of Feb 2017.

Opted for extended 2-year warranty. I am still thinking on the Gold package. I have 90 days time to decide on it.

Before deciding I tested XUV 5oo, Innnova Crysta and Hexa back to back atleast 3 times. But I must admit, it was the Hexa which impressed me the most. I drive an Accord everyday to work, I am truely impressed with the ride quality, smooth shifting automatic, premium interiors and the refined engine. You do not feel the car is that big when you drive it. My only worry is long term reliability. But the extended warranty helps matter a little bit. I have peace of mind for the next 5 years.

Coming from an Accord owner, the endorsement and actual booking of the Hexa speaks volumes about the inherent strengths of the product via a vis the competition.

Hope Hexa does well and clocks up monthly numbers of 3000 plus, which is what Tata Motors should be aiming for.
AAD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 06:50   #1084
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Coming from an Accord owner, the endorsement and actual booking of the Hexa speaks volume
In that case, count me in, there is one more (Impressed by Hexa, especially the ride). It's my BIL who has booked the XMA (solely my recommendation), cancelled it, went on to check Crysta and returned back with a statement, which was like "Hexa is nice for the money they are asking for".
VKumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 08:34   #1085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I drive an Accord everyday to work
Quote:
I have peace of mind for the next 5 years.
My sincere advice, please don't trade in/ sell your Accord. Do keep it for a while. It will be too early to sing for TATA irrespective of what they have put in the car. TATA always loads their vehicles much more than what competitions offers, many take this as a VFM buy over anything else.
Old 31st January 2017, 14:04   #1086
BHPian

Have not seen a single image of the Hexa without those 19 inch alloys. The alloys look fab, but realistically many will have the steel rims.

How will they look? Are they a carry forward of the Arial/Storme steel rims? If so is the image below a somewhat accurate view of how it will look?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexasteelwheels.jpg  

lionell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 15:32   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
An online Hexa experiance from TATA motors
And a screenshot from that video of the XM/XMA variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Have not seen a single image of the Hexa without those 19 inch alloys. The alloys look fab, but realistically many will have the steel rims.

How will they look? Are they a carry forward of the Arial/Storme steel rims? If so is the image below a somewhat accurate view of how it will look?
Yes its the same. Check out the screen shot posted by Damodar earlier on this same thread.
Old 31st January 2017, 15:48   #1088
BANNED

A special thanks to Mr. Vikram B. S. for sharing these pics of XM variant with fellow enthusiasts, over Whatsapp. Side profile pics aren't available as of now, but may be available soon via some source.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170131-15.37.21.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170131-15.37.43.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170131-15.37.44.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170131-15.37.47.jpeg
VKumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 16:59   #1089
BHPian

I know this is too late but I went to Aadya motors to check out the Tata Hexa about two weeks ago. I now understand why Tata doesn't perform that great when compared to other manufacturers. When we went to the showroom,the SA made us sit for half an hour and didn't attend us at all.
Also, I didn't see any Hexa present in the showroom nor outside. If they didn't have the hexa available,why couldn't they just say at the beginning itself?? I could've saved my precious time!
I went to the showroom directly because I didn't get any response even after asking for a test drive twice!!! I feel Tata should improve on its nature towards its customers. It would perform better if this is rectified.
Not good Tata!!!
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:43   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
A special thanks to Mr. Vikram B. S. for sharing these pics of XM variant with fellow enthusiasts, over Whatsapp. Side profile pics aren't available as of now, but may be available soon via some source.

The piano black tailgate applique on the XM Model is a bit redundant imo, it does nothing to enhance the visual appeal but rather looks out of place, would do more so on the lighter shades.
In fact, all three variants have it colored differently but none body colored - which is a bit odd. What if I don't like chrome/black & want it body colored - are Tata even going to manufacture them as an accessory?
Old 31st January 2017, 20:58   #1091
BHPian

I was following this thread for sometime. Did any experts here has done analysis on the life of stock tyres on Hexa (16" or 19") ?.

Given the weight of this vehicle (2+ tons), will the tyres sustain 40K km? What would be the expected tyre change duration in kms for a normal usage?

Since the 19" price is going to be on higher side, this should have an impact on the ownership cost compared to its competitors.
NaTuRe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 21:58   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuRe View Post
I was following this thread for sometime. Did any experts here has done analysis on the life of stock tyres on Hexa (16" or 19") ?.

Given the weight of this vehicle (2+ tons), will the tyres sustain 40K km? What would be the expected tyre change duration in kms for a normal usage?

Since the 19" price is going to be on higher side, this should have an impact on the ownership cost compared to its competitors.
Absolutely agree. Tyre wear and subsequent replacement cost is one of the factors that I have been preaching to prospective Hexa owners who have asked my opinion in office and I know atleast 1 guy who decided to forego the Hexa for something else due to this reason. But then I have also preached about potentially better ride quality with the cheaper 16 inch variant but unfortunately its just not sufficiently loaded for most.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 22:05   #1093
BHPian

At the cost of sounding a bit negative, I would like to share my views on buying a Hexa.

I am on the lookout for a 7 seater 4WD/AWD vehicle. The vehicles I am looking at are the Endeavour, Hexa and XUV 500.

Did a couple of test drives of Hexa and was really impressed with the apparent build and phenomenal ride quality. This was after test driving both the endeavour as well as XUV. While the not so great interiors in XUV were bit of a letdown, the Endeavour seemed to be ticking most boxes for me. However, sudden massive hike in prices, especially of 2.2 Trend MT 4X4 variant which I was eyeing, and then the complete non availability of trend variants has put Endeavour plans to rest for now.

Notwithstang the interest in Endeavour, I was finding it a little difficult to justify its price differnential vis-a-vis the Hexa, especially considering how impressive Hexa appeared in all respects. Hence was strongly leaning towards it, and would have bought a XT 4X4 in a couple of months.

And then somehow i stumbled upon the Team-BHP "Aria" ownership threads. Scary as hell they were. I read through some 5 or 6 threads where the hopeful owners had invested in the Aria, only to have horrendous ownership experiences later on. And then I couldn't read more and just gave up.

Remember this was after even the Aria had evoked similar responses at the time of its launch - A new begining for Tata, A quality car (albiet price very high) from an Indian manufacturer and the likes.

Tata - You guys really really let down those poor daredevils who decided to pay large amounts for your Aria .

No wonder people are skeptical of buying Tata cars. I for one lost faith in Tata after going through those Aria threads. Its a competetive world and you cant take ages to get your products right. Tata for me has failed in this regard, and I feel that it would be a difficult journey to win the customers faith back again, success (read "sales" - with long term reliability yet to be established) of Tiago not withstanding.

I seriously hope someone proves me wrong or points to me something that I may have missed and may make me change my opinion.

Cheers
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 22:16   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
At the cost of sounding a bit negative, I would like to share my views on buying a Hexa.

And then somehow i stumbled upon the Team-BHP "Aria" ownership threads. Scary as hell they were. I read through some 5 or 6 threads where the hopeful owners had invested in the Aria, only to have horrendous ownership experiences later on. And then I couldn't read more and just gave up.

Remember this was after even the Aria had evoked similar responses at the time of its launch - A new begining for Tata, A quality car (albiet price very high) from an Indian manufacturer and the likes.

Tata - You guys really really let down those poor daredevils who decided to pay large amounts for your Aria .
Aria failed because of the pricing and not due to quality.There were issues with the product like any other new launch would have but they were minor and not something that will normally drive people away from product.
You compared it with XUV which has more or less similar niggles and people are still accepting it.
Hexa does have underpinnings of Aria and that's not a bad thing at all.Had they priced Aria competitively then you would have seen a lot of them on road.
Hexa on the other hand is priced in tune with the competition and should bring in sales .

Last edited by SDP : 31st January 2017 at 22:38. Reason: Please do not quote entire big posts.
praveen_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 22:22   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Aria failed because of the pricing and not due to quality.There were issues with the product like any other new launch would have but they were minor and not something that will normally drive people away from product.
You compared it with XUV which has more or less similar niggles and people are still accepting it.
Hexa does have underpinnings of Aria and that's not a bad thing at all.Had they priced Aria competitively then you would have seen a lot of them on road.
Hexa on the other hand is priced in tune with the competition and should bring in sales .
I am aware that Aria failed due to its poor pricing.

What I am trying to point out is the horrible experiences of the poor souls who decided to buy the Aria, even at those exorbitant prices. I would request you to read a few of those ownership threads. I am sure you would then understand that its not "niggles" that those guys suffered, they were "major part failures", absolutely unacceptable. If I remember correctly, one poor guy even had his Aria's engine replaced.

Most Viewed