Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 12:29   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Usually there will be some space left for the foot. Even in an emergency, you need to get your right foot to the brake more than getting to the clutch. So, I don't think it will be a serious threat.
Well, yes. As you and a fellow member pointed out in a few posts above, it takes getting used to and is not a serious threat.
But looking at the passenger foot-well too, you feel its pretty small.
My question is, why was it made that way? The gear and hand-break platform too is very wide. Apart from this, there's a protrusion in the driver and passenger foot-wells, further narrowing the space. Is it because of mechanicals running beneath? Sorry, i do not know the correct terminology!
Old 1st February 2017, 12:44   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Well, yes. As you and a fellow member pointed out in a few posts above, it takes getting used to and is not a serious threat.
But looking at the passenger foot-well too, you feel its pretty small.
My question is, why was it made that way? The gear and hand-break platform too is very wide. Apart from this, there's a protrusion in the driver and passenger foot-wells, further narrowing the space. Is it because of mechanicals running beneath? Sorry, i do not know the correct terminology!
IIRC, the backside of the centre console contains the ICE components which is why it must be eating up the space.
Old 1st February 2017, 13:20   #1113
BHPian

In my opinion, as netizens we should weigh our words carefully and comment on the product.

I have booked Hexa after reading review on our site and after taking couple of test drives.

Now, after reading many negative comments (which unfortunately started pouring in after price release), I started doubting myself and was seriously thinking to cancel the booking.

Then I started with a fresh mind and listed down these points:

- Do I need full 7 seater or a Pseudo 7 seater.
A. Full 7 seater, so all the soft roaders were crossed.

- Budget
A. 18-21 L (On road)

- Good to have equipment (but can live without it)
A. Push button start, Sun Roof, Electric seats, touch screen, TPMS.

- Must and no compromise
A.
- All safety equipment's: All around Air bags, structural integrity, ABS, EBD, TCS, LSD, All around Disc Brakes
- Ample space for third row
- 2nd row should accommodate, 3 adults and one small child (<4 years)
- Decent luggage space with all rows seats up

- ICE
A. Decent which gives a good feel

- Interiors
A. Which can compete or surpass the interiors in the mentioned range

- Being Pushed or Pulled
A. Pushed (so RWD is must)

- Manual or Automatic
A. Which ever comes in my budget and ticks my requirements

- Ride Quality
A. No compromise and the passengers shouldn't get nausea feeling.

- Which cars meet these expectation
A. Innova (Feature wise), Hexa (Price and Feature wise)

So, gave the go ahead for XT 4x2 Tungsten silver.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 13:30   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Using the Storme as a reference, I can say that my stock tyres were ( believe it or not ) pretty much looking new at around 42k kms when I sold the vehicle since I was relocating. These were Bridgestone H/T tyres. There is another thread from a Safari owner who clocked over 100,000 kms in the stock tyres ( large part of his running was highway though ). Hence, I don't believe the weight on its own should do much damage to tyre life. Its more of mix of city vs highway driving and driving style itself that affects the tyre life.
Thank You. This gives better confidence compared to the experiences from Aria. Hope that Tata would have solutions to the alignment issues that could affect tyre life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think the Hexa will have a decent run. My prediction is, it won't match the XUV500's whopping success from that mega launch in 2011 (remember the booking lottery?), yet the Hexa will bring in satisfactory numbers for Tata.
Well said. My take is also that. I am holding on to my booking. Hope to finalize by end of Feb.

Expecting lot of rattling and may be some plastic parts parting away. But, overall, as per the reviews, the build looks good and should be a decent decision with the AMC coverage.

It is comfortable to drive and it is a comfortable one for passengers also.

Whoever is taking the test drives, kindly share the ODO reading, if that is more than 5K and share whether there are any rattling, or whether any non-functioning feature.

Early feedback from BHPians will give a fair idea on the quality of build. Totally depending on this thread for final decision.
NaTuRe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 13:34   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
In my opinion, as netizens we should weigh our words carefully and comment on the product.

I have booked Hexa after reading review on our site and after taking couple of test drives.

Now, after reading many negative comments (which unfortunately started pouring in after price release), I started doubting myself and was seriously thinking to cancel the booking.

So, gave the go ahead for XT 4x2 Tungsten silver.

-PK
Congrats! Do consider getting 3 years AMC + additional 2 years extended warranty, and you are safe for next 5 years!
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 13:45   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats! Do consider getting 3 years AMC + additional 2 years extended warranty, and you are safe for next 5 years!
whether AMC (Gold/Silver) is really required for any reasons other than warranty.
AMC covers consumables and wear & tear parts????
Old 1st February 2017, 14:01   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
whether AMC (Gold/Silver) is really required for any reasons other than warranty.
I think we need to get the details for AMC to confirm. Earlier I had used maintenance package offer by Chevrolet. During initial 3 years I paid nothing (this include consumables and multiple replacement of parts like wiper blades)
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:07   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
I think we need to get the details for AMC to confirm. Earlier I had used maintenance package offer by Chevrolet. During initial 3 years I paid nothing (this include consumables and multiple replacement of parts like wiper blades)
That is great.
Can you elaborate more?
I assume for 3 years you paid nothing which includes clutch,brakes,suspension,oil changes,service charges,washing I mean each and everything except Tyres.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:14   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuRe View Post
Expecting lot of rattling and may be some plastic parts parting away. But, overall, as per the reviews, the build looks good and should be a decent decision with the AMC coverage.
Based on my extensive experience with a 2012 Dicor, I can state with some authority that you can in fact look forward to a rattle free experience. Things have only gone northward since then, and big time. At least for 5 odd years and 60-70K KMs I'd be very surprised if you experience any rattles or parts falling off.
avisidhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:19   #1120
BHPian

Tata has shot themselves on the foot again with Hexa's pricing.

What does Tata Motors think of themselves?

That they are a Toyota? a Hyundai?

Tata, please understand your reputation is rock bottom and it takes several years of consistent delivery of high quality products and service to build a good reputation. Tiago was your first decent effort after a long time. Do not tell me, "Hey see the Tiago is good". No, the design is very ordinary and the car is rapidly going down on the sales chart. Again, do not say, "the Celerio is ugly". You are not Maruti!

I would like to know which MBA in Tata decided that -- our product(Hexa) is good let's price it at par with the competition. That MBA should be taught that Reputation is a big part of any business. You carry a baggage, you forget that and you go to a customer and say, "Listen, I have a great product and service this time. Buy it". Isn't it a basic thought process to understand what the customer is going to think and say?

Tata should have undercut the XUV by at least 2 lakhs across every variant. If that means losses, so be it. You got to toil hard to build reputation in this cut-throat competition. You cannot sit in an AC room and say, "My product is great and this is the price". No! People know what have you been so far and will laugh it off. If someone in the Tata board room says, "Hey Creta is nothing for its price". The director should have rebuked saying, "We are not Hyundai". As I said, you got to toil hard to build reputation in this cut-throat competition.

The 19 inchers and the headlamps are the elements that make the Hexa a looker. But how many of the customers are going to buy the 22 Lakhs top variant. Without those and along with the MPV looks, the base and mid variants, which will be the major seller, will look pretty ordinary and run-of-the-mill on the roads, and will fail to attract customers to the showrooms.

I expect Hexa to be a sales dud.

Someone here said, "Why not we give a chance to Tata and Hexa, as they have just launched it"

I would request them to read my post again from the beginning.

Why should I give a chance with my money for a company that doesn't even have the ability to do a proper analysis for a product launch?

And other things like -

Hey, doesn't it rides like a 50 lakhs rupee car?

A Linea rides like a 35 Lakhs rupee sedan. Sales dud. Reason - Fiat's lack of reputation. Even the legendary build quality and special design couldn't save it.

Hey doesn't it have premium interiors?

Too small to negate the lack of reputation you carry.

Other positive things quoted here aren't anything that takes the segment by storm and aren't too good to negate the lack of reputation, considering the price point.

---

Now that I'm done with writing what's wrong with Tata, I do not want to go without giving them some advice.

Immediately cut the prices by 2 lakhs for every variant comparable to XUV variants.

Advertise your car with the prices mentioned big and bold next to the car.

And, do not forget to pray to God.

P.S: I'm sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, I do not want to sugar coat anything.
CliffHanger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:20   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You. This gives better confidence compared to the experiences from Aria. Hope that Tata would have solutions to the alignment issues that could affect tyre life.
Never faced any issues in my Storme. In fact, I used to just get the alignment done along with service at TASS unlike what many Bhpians do - which is do it outside. Despite them having no fancy equipment, I did not have any problems.

also on rattles, its a very relative thing. I see pretty much all cars south of 30lakhs seem to have rattles these days including Fortuners and Innovas.

I did have a door latch rattle in my Storme initially but figured out how to fix it.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:26   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
I was following this thread for sometime. Did any experts here has done analysis on the life of stock tyres on Hexa (16" or 19") ?.
Given the weight of this vehicle (2+ tons), will the tyres sustain 40K km? What would be the expected tyre change duration in kms for a normal usage?
I did first tyre change on my Safari around 70k and second change was done around 130K.

Bridgestone(HT) > Cooper(HT) > Yokohama(AT)

I assume Hexa tyres will also last for at least 60-70k so nothing to worry about it.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:37   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Quote:
I think we need to get the details for AMC to confirm.
Details on the AMC packages are given in the official Press Release (Tata Hexa : Official Review), which I had posted earlier in this thread.

To recap, here it is again:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-amc.jpg

And these are the details of the Gold/Silver AMC packages from the official Tata Motors Service page:

Gold AMC
Tata Hexa : Official Review-gold.jpg

Silver AMC
Tata Hexa : Official Review-silver.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 15:30   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Tata, please understand your reputation is rock bottom
Its not rock bottom, not for a company that sells ~ 12K units a month avg. (Jan'16 to Dec'16)

Quote:
it takes several years of consistent delivery of high quality products and service to build a good reputation.
I think this year is the first of several years that is needed to build a good reputation, so eventually they might make it.

Quote:
Tiago was your first decent effort after a long time.
IMO the Zest was thier first decent effort, a car unlike TATA

Quote:
Do not tell me, "Hey see the Tiago is good".
Tiago is indeed good, it won the most coveted Team BHP COTY award, I consider this to be the real 'AWARD' since its voted by people who love and know automobiles.

Quote:
I would like to know which MBA in Tata decided that -- our product(Hexa) is good let's price it at par with the competition. That MBA should be taught that Reputation is a big part of any business. You carry a baggage, you forget that and you go to a customer and say, "Listen, I have a great product and service this time. Buy it". Isn't it a basic thought process to understand what the customer is going to think and say?
Read the full thread and you'll get to know what people who know automobile better think of what the Hexa is. So I guess this time TATA have understood what the customer is going to think.

Quote:
Tata should have undercut the XUV by at least 2 lakhs across every variant.
But WHY??? Innova Crysta, I can understand but why undercut the XUV?

Quote:
The 19 inchers and the headlamps are the elements that make the Hexa a looker. But how many of the customers are going to buy the 22 Lakhs top variant. Without those and along with the MPV looks, the base and mid variants, which will be the major seller, will look pretty ordinary and run-of-the-mill on the roads, and will fail to attract customers to the showrooms.
How did you deduce? Too early to judge

Quote:
I expect Hexa to be a sales dud.
I expect it to be a decent seller, if not a hit

Quote:
Why should I give a chance with my money for a company that doesn't even have the ability to do a proper analysis for a product launch?
How do you know that TATA Motors doesn't have the ability to do a proper analysis for a product launch?

Quote:
Hey, doesn't it rides like a 50 lakhs rupee car?
Actally it rides better than a 50 Lakh rupee car (according to experts)

Quote:
A Linea rides like a 35 Lakhs rupee sedan. Sales dud. Reason - Fiat's lack of reputation. Even the legendary build quality and special design couldn't save it.
You are comparing a company that sells ~ 12 K units to a company that sells ~ 550 units

Quote:
I'm sorry if I sounded like I'm biased to TATA.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 1st February 2017 at 15:47.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 15:58   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Tata has shot themselves on the foot again with Hexa's pricing.

What does Tata Motors think of themselves?

That they are a Toyota? a Hyundai?

Hello! Dear If I go by your philosophy then apart from the brands you mentioned no other has right to price their cars competitively.

Just to mention here Hyundai's Sanata Fe is also a big failure if we compare its sales vs competition. Do you think Hyundai will do a price cut of 5-6L on SantaFe also to establish it in market.

There can be many other examples like Trailblazer,Captiva,Yeti,Koleos etc For complete information see: 2016 Report Card - Annual Indian Car Sales & Analysis! thread.

But that doesn't mean these cars should be priced significantly lower.

I feel building brand image is a long term goal but improving on quality and features is a short term goal which Tata has achieved with its recent launches(Zest, Tiago & Hexa).

Now coming to Hexa it is priced decently and is much better in comparison to its competitors. Hence there is no reason to price it much lower and with AMC packages I can sense 5 year of peaceful ownership experience.

Last but not least when some senior members like GTO and other members are vouching for Hexa ride quality and features then there must be something really interesting in it.
roby_dk is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks