Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Got my Hexa XT 4x2 MT, Tungsten Silver.
Ownership thread to follow soon.
===========
- More to follow in detailed review.

-PK

Dear pk_del Congratulations on your Hexa. Please share some pictures of interiors as well as panel gaps, as it is Tata's Achilles heel.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2017 at 16:14. Reason: Mod note: Please take time to review your posts for correct usage of english and spellings. Thanks.
N4Nikunj is online now   Received Infraction
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:50   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
This is what i getting the mileage right now. will update with tankful method but happy with mileage.
That's very good mileage from a heavy car. Hope to read your ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear pk_del Congratulations on your Hexa Please share some pics of interiors as well as panal gaps as it is Tata's aches hell
Why would you need pictures of panel gaps? Let him enjoy the car as it is.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2017 at 11:16. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:48   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening, I saw a Hexa being trailed by Innova Crysta. Hexa has a better road presence than the Crysta IMO. It looked bigger in proportions and honestly, I liked the front look of Hexa more than the Crysta.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:53   #1399
BHPian

The arm-rest in the middle row seat has a cover. Beneath the cover there are two provisions to accommodate your juice / coffee cups. But I observed that if I were to use the juice / coffee cup holder sitting in the middle row seat, there is no provision to tuck this arm-rest cover into the seat back and in spite of my best efforts this cover falls down. Am sure this might cause some discomfort if I plan to sip a drink sitting in the middle row and IMHO this is not acceptable in a car at this price range.
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:00   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
The arm-rest in the middle row seat has a cover. Beneath the cover there are two provisions to accommodate your juice / coffee cups. But I observed that if I were to use the juice / coffee cup holder sitting in the middle row seat, there is no provision to tuck this arm-rest cover into the seat back and in spite of my best efforts this cover falls down. Am sure this might cause some discomfort if I plan to sip a drink sitting in the middle row and IMHO this is not acceptable in a car at this price range.
Are you telling that the armrest is damn loose so that it is not able to hold its position? If yes then it should not be like that it never came out in my safari.

This is really strange maybe other owners with 7 seat option can confirm this.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:57   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Are you telling that the armrest is damn loose so that it is not able to hold its position? If yes then it should not be like that it never came out in my safari.

This is really strange maybe other owners with 7 seat option can confirm this.
No, the arm rest is pretty sturdy and of excellent quality.
However, the lid of the armrest doesn't fold back into the seat which might make it fall back on the arm rest in bumps or heavy breaking.
I tried driving around with the lid open. It did not close though which is good. May vary from car to car.
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:04   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
No, the arm rest is pretty sturdy and of excellent quality.
However, the lid of the armrest doesn't fold back into the seat which might make it fall back on the arm rest in bumps or heavy breaking.
I tried driving around with the lid open. It did not close though which is good. May vary from car to car.
Ah I see you are talking about the lid once it is open. Let me go down and check in my car. Although I hardly sit on back seat mostly on driver seat or co-driver but remember my friends using that. Not sure if it falls back better to verify.
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:47   #1403

I test drove Hexa 4x2 Automatic top end today on the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road. Requested for an extended test drive and the sales agent more than obliged.

Here are initial impressions

- Great road presence - big, beautiful and drives with poise
- Very manueverable and glides on potholes
- Automatic gearbox was smooth, but the engine noise level seemed high
- Car's torque surprised me and was easily accelerated 0-100 in 9 seconds
- Braked a couple of times from 120 kmph speed... ABS was good and the car stopped much faster than my expectation with no loss of stability and minimal tyre noise. There was no skidding and ABS + ESP worked just fine.
- I miss the electronic seat adjustment; not sure why TATA didn't give that as an option; also missed is the keyless entry
- Disc brakes both front and rear is a big plus
- 6 airbags was also a plus. There is an option to switch off airbags, which was interesting. The logic was that in case only one occupant is driving the car, then in case of collision other airbags wont open leading to lesser expenses.
- I was told that the road clearance is better than Innova Crysta
- Crysta has rear drum brakes and 3 airbags; vs. all disc brakes and 6 airbags for hexa. Honestly I don't understand why Innova won't offer all disc brakes at this price point
- The sales agent gave the following mileage figures - Highway mileage was ~17 kmpl (really ???) around speed of 80-90 km per hour and city mileage was ~11-12 kmpl. It seems very high and I won't believe these. ARAI mileage numbers are much lower.
- OTR price of INR 21.5 L in HYD. Sun roof is optional for additional INR 1 Lakh. The sunroof will be lazer cut and installed separately from the company. A separate button will be placed in the button panel where the parking camera button is placed... below the infotainment system

I like the car a lot. Has pretty much everything I am looking for. Planning to test drive the manual version as well out of love for 4x4, which is not available in automatic.
siddharth113 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:56   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
The arm-rest in the middle row seat has a cover. there is no provision to tuck this arm-rest cover into the seat back and in spite of my best efforts this cover falls down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Hello I can confirm that the same issue is happening with me also. I opened it and under hard braking it fell. I don't think there is any way it can be tucked inside to prevent it from falling.

What about XUV, Crysta or other cars does this happens with them too? Seems this to be a flaw in design.
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:03   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth113 View Post
- The sales agent gave the following mileage figures - Highway mileage was ~17 kmpl (really ???) around speed of 80-90 km per hour and city mileage was ~11-12 kmpl. It seems very high and I won't believe these. ARAI mileage numbers are much lower.
BHPian Nilay posted mileage figure of his Hexa Auto here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4150729

Total distance - 386.2 KM average fuel economy 14.1 KMPL. That is very good figure in my opinion for a heavy SUV like Hexa.
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:41   #1406

Guys please help me out
I have a question , is it a norm to give a gift to our sales executive on taking delivery of the vehicle .I am of the opinion that I should give a token of Appreciation , but please let me know if anyone has given and whether it is cash or kind , if yes what should be apt.Kindly excuse me for going off topic , but really appreciate your kind help in this matter.By the way I am about to take delivery of Hexa XTA
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:50   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It has been several months since the Hexa has been unveiled (with the full page ads and the Hexa event) but I am yet to spot a single car on the road. Probably they should have had few cars just driven on roads which would have given the due attention and make few prospective buyers to visit the showrooms.
Deliveries started late, I am probably 2nd or 3rd to take delivery in Bangalore and it's early Feb'17. From that day I am using my car for daily commute to office in ORR. I have been stopped and starred by different people from different segments of car (segment above and below). One such incident, while I was waiting for work done in 3M, one person asked me if this car is mine. Told him "yes", he replied me with "change the logo" He praised for it's looks and ride from earth to sky and compared lot with Innova Crysta, only after this when asked for his car details he replied and showed his car. His car is 3week old Innova Crysta white color ZX (manual) model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear pk_del Congratulations on your Hexa. Please share some pictures of interiors as well as panel gaps, as it is Tata's Achilles heel.
Most of the panel gap pictures are available in starting of the thread and they are linear and neat, truly a step ahead from Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth113 View Post
- The sales agent gave the following mileage figures - Highway mileage was ~17 kmpl (really ???) around speed of 80-90 km per hour and city mileage was ~11-12 kmpl.
I own XT 4x2, when I drove early in 6 lane road Bangalore - Krishnagiri road in early morning traffic (around 5:30 AM) I got around ~17.X kmpl for initial 90+ kms, later due to traffic it dropped and stayed around 14kmpl.

Below is my tank-full-tank-full with in different driving conditions of single lane,6lane,4lane, Bangalore office-hours traffic (this is more).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexamileage.jpg  

Black_Beast is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:26   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsass View Post
Guys please help me out
I have a question , is it a norm to give a gift to our sales executive on taking delivery of the vehicle
We have an entire thread on the topic. Have a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...very-time.html

It is indeed a good practice to present a token of appreciation to the SA. Even team-bhp recommends it. https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
One such incident, while I was waiting for work done in 3M, one person asked me if this car is mine. Told him "yes", he replied me with "change the logo" He praised for it's looks and ride from earth to sky and compared lot with Innova Crysta, only after this when asked for his car details he replied and showed his car. His car is 3week old Innova Crysta white color ZX (manual) model.
Must have been a paisa vasool moment for you . Congrats on your new Hexa.

Last edited by dailydriver : 22nd February 2017 at 20:35.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:00   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
BHPian Nilay posted mileage figure of his Hexa Auto here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4150729

Total distance - 386.2 KM average fuel economy 14.1 KMPL. That is very good figure in my opinion for a heavy SUV like Hexa.
Mine is XT 4x2 and it is driven in auto and dynamic mode with 75% highway drive.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd February 2017 at 00:23. Reason: Please check your inbox for a PM. Thanks.
Nilay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:36   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Seems this to be a flaw in design.
Precisely!

This defeats the whole purpose of having a cup holder. How on earth can such a simple thing escape the designers' eye?

Most Viewed