Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 14:57   #1516
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Today I went to take a look at Hexa along with my brother-in-law to a Tata dealer in the heart of Pune city. I was surprised that they did not have a Hexa for display. The front desk lady said it is unlikely that they will have one for another month at least. The lady didn't ask a single question, didn't ask for our name and number, nothing. Walkin and walk out in 2 mins. Surprised and sad.
Aditya2703 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 19:02   #1517
BHPian

just Checking how the.. HEXA would look., when styled bit like the New RangeRoverVELAR!

pic courtesy: Overdrive.in
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-1a2a0.jpg  

Old 4th March 2017, 20:22   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Not sure if this video has been posted earlier in the thread :

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LSqY8OFCs8o
I think this is one of the best car ad. Would have preferred little less humans. Otherwise great concept.
sgmuser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 21:17   #1519
BHPian

Tata has been delaying this for useless and under-performing dealers, it seems. Aristo, a pretty worthless truck-dealer mindset dealership in Gurgaon, is not getting it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya2703 View Post
Today I went to take a look at Hexa along with my brother-in-law to a Tata dealer in the heart of Pune city. I was surprised that they did not have a Hexa for display. The front desk lady said it is unlikely that they will have one for another month at least. The lady didn't ask a single question, didn't ask for our name and number, nothing. Walkin and walk out in 2 mins. Surprised and sad.
Old 4th March 2017, 21:29   #1520
BHPian

Before the Hexa was launched in Jorhat, Assam, I was having a discussion with a rep team from Tata. They were very responsive and an enthusiastic young lot. They offered me a test drive on their display vehicle, an XT 4x2, even before its official launch. I was not in the market for a 7/6 seater then. I had gone to see the Hexa just out of curiosity. The drive was a short one and I liked the vehicle a lot. As everything has been amply covered in the review and lengthy discussions, there is not much I can add about the vehicle or its performance. In short, the drive & seating comfort was pretty good. Now, after reading such good reviews I am having second thoughts about buying a larger vehicle and the Hexa is a pretty good option. However I am not sure whether to buy the XT or the XTA. One of the Tata engineers mentioned that the cost of replacing the automatic transmission, of which is a strong chance after 5-6 years, is around 7 lakhs. He advised me to go for the manual transmission. If what he says is true, then 7 lakhs today might be in the range of 10 lakhs 5-6 years later. This is a pretty bad enthusiasm dampener.
Can someone advise.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 22:08   #1521
BHPian

To those of you having troubles with deliveries, TDs or anything related, try changing your dealers. Like how someone said above, small dealerships are not getting priorities and those dealerships don't care too!
It would be great if TATA shuts down such dealers. They bring a bad name to the company. These dealers themselves don't trust in the products, what will they sell?

Initially while checking out the hexa, i had been to concorde motors near Hosur road, Bangalore.
Had been with my friends and the SA was outright rude and seemed disinterested. We asked for a TD and he asks if we are seriously thinking if buying the car. Anyway, the TD was for 300 metres! Later on, when asked for the price, he says it will be 23 to 27L. And not on road. Ex-showroom!
Am glad i skipped that stupid dealership and now am very satisfied with what i have!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 22:23   #1522
Senior - BHPian

The 19" wheels do look stunning, while the 16" though acceptable for the base model, do not suit the XM and XMA. I hope Tata motors add all the safety features like 6 airbags to the XM and XMA and also give it the 17" alloys from the Aria.
The 4X4 should be available with the XM and XMA instead of with the XT, 4X4 and low profile tyres do not make a good combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya2703 View Post
Some of the dealers who are close to resigning their dealerships, dont keep TD cars and just cater to their walk in customers.
Go to the Concord motors diagonally opposite hotel Sadanand on the Bipass, they have a XTA and a XM for test drive purpose.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 4th March 2017 at 22:26.
Old 4th March 2017, 22:46   #1523
BHPian

Took delivery of my Hexa Arizona Blue, 7 seater, XT yesterday evening from Concorde, Velachery Road, Chennai.
Drove it to Mahabs today morning for breakfast. Kept a sedate speed of 90 KMPH. The tachometer was hovering at around 1700 rpm in 6th year.

This is a model from the first batch. Therefore I could haggle for some discount in the insurance premium. But other than that I couldn't milk anything else from them.

One of the annoying things I found was the Odometer at 185Km. I have asked them to explain how a vehicle can do that much before being handed over to a customer. I can account for about 100Km considering the test drive at the factory, the drive from the yard and the drives to the RTO.

The only negatives or niggles I find are the gear stick vibrations and notchy gearshift.

Got used to the long travel clutch during the drive to Mahabs, it was a bit of an issue to get used during the initial hour or so of the drive.

Family and I love the space the quality of interiors and the quietness of the drive.

The Arizona Blue is almost black. It is darker than the Sky Grey color. I thought I may not like the colour, but it has really grown on me in a short duration.

I got the underbody treatment done at 3M and also CR70 sunfilm done all around.

Will start an ownership thread soon.
arulpeem is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 22:59   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a pathetic experience with TATA motors and their dealership. Let me recall from the very beginning.

1st visit to see the HEXA(about a month ago)- I visited their showroom, just to learn that neither the brochures have arrived, nor is the demo/display car available. The guard told me that they do have a car but it is in their workshop which is 6kms away.

I reach the workshop the very same day, and met a chap whom I know since 2005. He used to work in the Maruti workshop, and now he is the SA at Tata Motors. He asked me how did I know that there is a car in workshop, to which I replied about the guard. He said they are refusing any test drives because their Manual car has developed some issue in the gearbox, and is undergoing repairs. He told me to visit the showroom after 2-3 days and also requested me not to tell anyone about the broken down car.

2nd Visit-Today I went to their showroom again, this time with my mom to have a close look at the manual HEXA. After parking my car, we went to the reception area inside the showroom and told the lady about our purpose of visit. She jotted down my details, and upon asking for the brochures and pricelist, she gave me a pricelist, and told that brochures are in short supply and are given only to those who book the car.

I could have created a scene if I was alone, but this time I chose to ignore. I then asked her about the demo/display car to which she pointed outside, and said," Go have a look, the car is unlocked." My mom at this moment said-"Let's go, son. They are least interested in selling cars." I glanced towards the TD car, and saw that the guard was standing near the car, whereas interested people are having a look at the car themselves, getting drenched in the rain.

I left the pricelist there itself and walked away. She did call me to take the pricelist, I paused and wanted to utter something. But my decency didn't allow me to do so. A manufacturer, who is still struggling with quality control and iffy aftersales, behaves as if it owns the world.

We then headed towards the Toyota showroom and had a look at the Crysta. The experience at the Toyota showroom was exactly opposite, and it felt as if I have stepped from a local mandi(aka TATA showroom) to a plush mall(Toyota Showroom).

Sorry if I am sounding so rude, but I am seriously pissed off by their attitude. They were lucky that my mom was with me, or else I would have taught them what decency means!! I used to have a soft corner for these guys, since they are an Indian company, but after today's experience, I am not touching a TaMo product for all my life, even if its made of gold, and they are giving it for free.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th March 2017 at 09:00. Reason: Yes, offensive comment indeed. (:
Leoshashi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:26   #1525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Had a pathetic experience with TATA motors and their dealership. Let me recall from the very beginning..
While I do understand that what you've faced is absolutely unacceptable, I'd say the company should not be punished for a dealer's mistake. Had this attitude been shown by a someone who directly represents the company, then yes you may jump to a conclusion that you're never going to touch a TaMo product etc.

May be you should take some time to post a quick tweet on Tata Motors about your concern.

My two cents!

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th March 2017 at 07:32.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:31   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
We then headed towards the Toyota showroom and had a look at the Crysta. The experience at the Toyota showroom was exactly opposite, and it felt as if I have stepped from a local mandi(aka TATA showroom) to a plush mall(Toyota Showroom).

Sorry if I am sounding so rude, but I am seriously pissed off by their attitude. They were lucky that my mom was with me, or else I would have taught them what decency means!! I used to have a soft corner for these guys, since they are an Indian company, but after today's experience, I am not touching a TaMo product for all my life, even if its made of gold, and they are giving it for free.

Regards,
Shashi
You sir have clearly summed up my sentiments. I live in Gulbarga in Karnataka which is a sub-urban city. My visit and experience to the local Tata showroom was even worse than yours. The showroom was poorly lit like a bar. I went inside to enquire about hexa but there was nobody to reply. After sometime one guy walked up to me and enquired me and he handed me the brochure and quotations and promised me a TD by 25th January. He took my contact details too and told he'll call me as soon as they get a demo car. It's been almost a month still there is no contact from the dealer. I have registered on the hexa app and was assured of a TD but that fell through as well. Meanwhile I contacted customer care of Tata hexa and they pointed out that only Bangalore, Mysore and Hubli are the only cities which have the TD and demo car in Karnataka and customer care guy told me he'll arrange a TD in Hyderabad(which is close to my city). After all these I'm wondering is it worth the time and effort to just get A TD of a car.

Meanwhile I visited the Hyundai showroom to check out Tucson and the experience I had there exactly like you summed it. Even Ford and Honda showrooms are way ahead. I think the success of hexa would be detrimental because of this lethargic and lazy attitude of its dealers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2017 at 11:55. Reason: Fixing quote
Vikvkv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:42   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
May be you should take some time to post a quick tweet on Tata Motors about your concern.

My two cents!
Definitely sir. I do understand your logic, but for a layman, the dealer is the face of any company, its true representative. Skoda has a bad name mainly because of its dealers, and not that its products are inferior in any way. And I don't believe that any dealer can behave this way unless the company too shows a similar "I don't care attitude". If the dealers aren't the true representative, then why should I deal with them?? Should I not purchase the car directly from Tata Motors Pune??

I was anyways determined not to take my car(If I get a HEXA) to their workshop, as in my city atleast, its the TATA service which screws up the vehicle. I know numerous cases where the car started giving problems once TASS guys fiddled with it. The very reason I went to their showroom, despite knowing their weaknesses, is because I wanted to give them a fair chance and opportunity and I loved the HEXA as a product. But it seems these guys will never change. And I have no intention of correcting them either. This is not the first time I have experienced this at their showroom, and escalations in TATA work for a day or two at best. And after what happened today, no way my mom will allow any TATA product to enter our garage.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th March 2017 at 07:58.
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 00:10   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely sir. I do understand your logic, but for a layman, the dealer is the face of any company, its true representative. Skoda has a bad name mainly because of its dealers, and not that its products are inferior in any way. And I don't believe that any dealer can behave this way unless the company too shows a similar "I don't care attitude". If the dealers aren't the true representative, then why should I deal with them?? Should I not purchase the car directly from Tata Motors Pune??
It's simple all Oranges aren't same, I too have visited two Toyota showrooms in Bangalore while evaluating Crysta. While one of them was good the other one was pretty Bad.
I look at the product and not worried of sales man/woman's attitude, I am not going to live with them and I don't want to live with a inferior product just because showroom guys made me feel great/king.

On "don't care attitude", would humbly deny based on experience. For just mail with query/concern TATA had sent their Tech Tech team from Pune to Bangalore. Lot of incidents where they visited customer at their home and addressed their problem.

I too had problems from dealership on communication, dropped a mail to execs got a call in 15mins and Zonal team from TATA took my case and ensured delivery as per my need.

Last edited by Black_Beast : 5th March 2017 at 00:11.
Black_Beast is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 10:36   #1529
BHPian

The Hexa commercial is airing on Star Sports between the India test match! That commercial sure does look wonderfully made. Tata keeping up their legacy of releasing brilliant advertisements
Old 5th March 2017, 11:43   #1530
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I used to have a soft corner for these guys, since they are an Indian company, but after today's experience, I am not touching a TaMo product for all my life, even if its made of gold, and they are giving it for free.
Truly sucks. Tata needs to have stricter control over its dealers.

That said, a bad pre-sales experience has never stopped me from buying a car from any brand. After all, I have to live with the car for 7 - 10 years, not the salesman . Why should I let one insignificant moron deprive me of owning a car that I really like?

If I really like a car and am getting it at a fair price, the pre-sales attitude doesn't influence my purchasing decision. What's more important is the after-sales.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks