Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 12:51   #1546
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Just got my Hexa delivered last week. Not seen a thread for ownership reviews. Have done a fair bit of research before and driving after. Will just summarize:

1. Bought from Concorde, Prabhadevi, Mumbai
2. Excellent service throughout the pre-sales but the executive was ignorant. I knew way more than him on almost every spec. I chose to ignore this as he was pleasant and helpful
3. Delivery was as per committed schedule. Price was fine and loan process easy.
4. Accessories weren't pushed. Normally I crib about sales teams pushing these too hard. Here I had to push for getting details. After that, quotes etc. came quickly, discounts were agreed rapidly
5. The delivery was very smoothly handled - could have had - again - better product knowledge, but this will only be noticed by people who've researched everything (yes, I flatter myself on being more informed than the average buyer, albeit nowhere close to the top guys here).
6. Car drives like a dream. Very good ride experience
7. Some of the glitches I noticed during the TD aren't there. It's an XTA, so won't comment on gear stiffness, but the ICE etc. worked very well and door knobs (for unlocking) seemed more robust and well-fitted compared to the TD vehicle.
8. NVH performance is excellent and better than expected
9. Follow-up from the sales team has been on-intrusive.

I don't know what experiences others have had and can't advise. For me though, I'd not hesitate in recommending to anyone that they should evaluate the vehicle. Worth the money (in my opinion). Can detail all aspects on a review thread as and when that's up.

Cheers!
imidnightmare is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 13:32   #1547
BHPian

Congrats imidnightmare.
I think you're the first Hexa owner on TeamBHP.

Please start your initial ownership thread. It'll help potential buyers of Hexa.

Just one question from my side, in this thread:
In your #4 above, what sort of discounts you managed to extract for this car? I think, they are not considering even a Corporate Discount in NCR.
Old 6th March 2017, 14:42   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
Congrats imidnightmare.

Please start your initial ownership thread. It'll help potential buyers of Hexa.

In your #4 above, what sort of discounts you managed to extract for this car? I think, they are not considering even a Corporate Discount in NCR.
Thanks. Not sure I have the credit to start a thread. Will check.

As for discounts, absolutely no discount on car price (and yes, was also looking for corporate rates). I did however get massive slashing of insurance and accessory quotes. I think insurance itself was a 25-30% discount. Can look up the numbers if you like. Accessories were discounted by some 10-15% as far as I recall.
imidnightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 14:55   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I was in Gulbarga last week in my Hexa and had taken it to the TATA showroom there. Am surprised by going through your post. The dealers there are much better compared to the neighbouring showrooms. Atleast in terms of the ambience. But, i do agree, the knowledge they have on hexa

Sir can I know the reason why you took your car to the showroom? Ah! I guess I missed you and your hexa just by a whisker. To my memory the roof of the showroom was falling off. No front desk for enquiry. They have a Tata sumo, Tata Nano(old gen) and a Tata Tiago as a demo car. They have a bolt and a Tiago for TD though.
The only guy I spoke to in the showroom was blissful and had no idea about hexa. But another guy assured me that a team of 6 people had attended hexa training program for the dealers. But I am apprehensive of putting our money on that showroom. The only options that remain with me is to either buy hexa from Hyderabad or buy it in Bangalore.
Old 6th March 2017, 15:05   #1550
BHPian

I have a peculiar problem with my booking of hexa. I booked with Tafe Access Coimbatore on the 9th of January. I had a great experience with the team that was following up my booking. I had initially booked XTA but I subsequently changed to XT 4*2 Arizona Blue six seater due to lack of safety features. This was also handled by the dealer without any fuss.

I car got dispatched from the the Pune and i got regular updates and my car was received in the stock yard on the 28th of February. My wife and I did the PDI on the first of march and were very much satisfied with the vehicle. I completed the payment on the 2nd of march and after discussing with the team wanted to take delivery of the Vehicle on the 8th. I was assured at that time that due to presence of adequate time same can be done.

On the 3rd of this month I get a call from the dealer saying that in Tamil nadu RTO has cleared only XTA, XT 4*4 and XT 4*2 7 seater till now. They were expecting clearance for the 6 seater which hasn't come through. Now the dealer isn't clear when this clearance will come through and says there is precious little that they can do as it is not in their hands.

I am not sure as to how RTO can clear only few variants and not others. If that is the case whose responsibility is it to get the same cleared. Is TATA expecting the dealer to do this or is it the responsibility of the company?

I am very frustrated as I have no timeline for delivery and the vehicle is right here but I cannot get it home !
Old 6th March 2017, 15:37   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats imidnightmare.

Well, looks like many members have been getting their deliveries lately! But, i guess, the first TeamBHP member to get delivery was in January last week. Do not know the name though!
Old 6th March 2017, 15:45   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
I did however get massive slashing of insurance and accessory quotes. I think insurance itself was a 25-30% discount. Can look up the numbers if you like. Accessories were discounted by some 10-15% as far as I recall.
Did you went for insurance yourself, and availed benefit of your last NCB, etc.?
Please help us all by sharing the numbers.
Old 6th March 2017, 18:16   #1553
BHPian

Same story with Goa Tata Dealer. They got demo car few weeks back but still bluffing about when TD car will be available. Last week they told me it'll be here on Monday. Now they are saying. Lets see what unfolds on Wednesday.
Old 6th March 2017, 18:36   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Did you went for insurance yourself, and availed benefit of your last NCB, etc.?
Please help us all by sharing the numbers.
I asked the dealer for insurance. Once I got the quote, immediately took a competing quote. That was lower obviously so I told the dealer I had a better offer from an external party. Reduced the offer price by 5k further when telling the dealer what I had. Dealer offered to match the competing offer without question. Went back to the competing company and communicated that dealer was already below his quote. As expected, this guy lowered by 6k and sent an offer. Finally the dealer offered marginally better still and I closed with dealer (less hassle).

Didn't use NCBs etc. Weren't needed and this was a company booking anyway. Don't recall numbers and would rather do that on PM to be fair.
imidnightmare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 20:35   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post

On the 3rd of this month I get a call from the dealer saying that in Tamil nadu RTO has cleared only XTA, XT 4*4 and XT 4*2 7 seater till now. They were expecting clearance for the 6 seater which hasn't come through. Now the dealer isn't clear when this clearance will come through and says there is precious little that they can do as it is not in their hands.

I am not sure as to how RTO can clear only few variants and not others. If that is the case whose responsibility is it to get the same cleared. Is TATA expecting the dealer to do this or is it the responsibility of the company?

I am very frustrated as I have no timeline for delivery and the vehicle is right here but I cannot get it home !
I had the same issue with my KUV100 when I booked before launch. Supposedly the exact model of vehicle needs to be present inside rto circle for them to approve. The demo variants get approved in advance and if you have booked the same variants then there won't be any issues. In your case they need to show your vehicle to RTO once to get the variant approved and i think they can do this only one day in a week. Hopefully you will get yours approved and get this delivered asap.
Old 6th March 2017, 23:45   #1556
BHPian

Quote:

Also, most of the replies in these few pages are not at all concerning the title of this thread. .

Hence, it would be great if members could talk about their bad experiences in a different thread. It would greatly help from others going OT and will do justice to the product.
No offence intended to anyone!
Tata is not making the car available for us small towners to experience and give our reviews. Then only we can maybe not go OT and stick to the title of the thread.

I mean, seriously, it is more than a month since launch, several months since bookings are open, but still no demo car with the dealer!

If you want me to go to the bigger cities to check out the car despite having a dealer in the my city/town. Sorry, I am not that desperate.
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 01:17   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Well, looks like many members have been getting their deliveries lately! But, i guess, the first TeamBHP member to get delivery was in January last week. Do not know the name though!
abhi7013! We are all eagerly waiting for your initial ownership report! Make it happen!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 10:17   #1558
BHPian

Yours will be the first ever personal ownership review on online forum for the Hexa. Lot of prospective buyers are waiting for such a review. So a lot of responsibility on your shoulders Maybe that's why the scrutiny.

I was in a similar position, as I wrote the first ownership review on Storme. Its all worth the effort, once your thread goes live. Cheers!

All the best!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 10:36   #1559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have completed it a week back and have reported it twice after adding more content.
if you feel that the essence will be lost, then suggest to wait a month or so while you keep adding content there. Readers will like to know things like why you chose the Hexa - over others, how you compare it with other cars, and
your experiences in driving etc. A few pics will be nice.

May be, till then, you can add a post or two in this thread itself.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th March 2017 at 07:12. Reason: Trimmed content from quoted post.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 11:21   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
I have completed it a week back and have reported it twice after adding more content.
Whew! If you're working on it, I'll pass and wait. Was thinking of dedicating the coming weekend to it after a couple of long drives. Only downside for me is that my workload is a killer and I've got an XTA 4*2, have not gone off-road at all (and don't plan to) so my review will always be incomplete in that sense (unless you consider driving in Mumbai close enough to off-roading).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th March 2017 at 07:13. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
imidnightmare is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks