Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 17:57   #1636
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa Test Drive and Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
6. Better ground clearance, approach and departure angles compared to XUV and Innova
Can you share the source for this information? I would like to know the approach, departure, and breakover angles of the XUV 500 and the Hexa.
Old 16th March 2017, 19:47   #1637
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Firstly hearty congratulations to Ashok on his acquisition. His inroad price seems a bit on the high side. Can he share the break-up of the same? Reason I'm asking is, in Thane the onroad price quoted is Rs. 2073452 excluding extended warranty & AMC. They were ready to bring down the insurance after some bargaining. We didn't discuss the actual figures as I wasn't buying immediately. Still I feel the onroad would have come to around 20.5 lacs for the XTA 4x2.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 20:20   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Can you share the source for this information? I would like to know the approach, departure, and breakover angles of the XUV 500 and the Hexa.
Not sure about approach and departure angles, but the ground clearance of Hexa XT is 209mm as opposed to XUV's 200mm and Crysta's 193mm. The XM however has 200mm of clearance.
Old 16th March 2017, 20:21   #1639

Being the first hexa to roll out from the showroom has its own reward

From today Concorde andheri has started the mega checkup camp
Being the first hexa to roll out of their showroom they invited me along with my car to inaugurate the camp,
( i feel its a very good gesture )

My car is keeping the tradition of making me a celebrity every now and then
TM sure knows how to keep the hexa flocks happy and i am sure this is just one of them
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image-1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image-2.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image-3.jpg  

Konkrilla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 21:26   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa Test Drive and Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Bhpian StallionAmit and I were contacted by Mr. Satyam from Tata Motors for a meet and test drive session of the newly launched Tata Hexa.
We were cordially greeted by Mr. Satyam and the manager of TC Motors.
You should have aggressively interrogated/ debriefed these gentlemen on all technical aspects of the Hexa! To get across the point that if PR is the goal of this exercise, then PR people/ PR firms will not cut it! Then they might even have pushed you up the foodchain to some actual technical people.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:14   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
That's a very good deal. My 2010 Innova 2.5V 8 seater 85000 kms is fetching me 6.5 Lakhs ( as per OBV Droom). So much for the great resale value myth of the Innova.
A relative of mine too had a tough time selling his Innova here. In my town, the customer base for Innova generally is Politicians/Realtors who are rich enough not to buy a used car. And executives/professionals needing 7-seaters look for generally XUV/Storme which are more car like. That left my friend with only taxi trade guys to deal with. The small owner/driver type cab guys who look for good used Innova. He had many callers but, trust me, they are horrible bargainers. Almost like a used car dealer showing up at your door-step to buy your used car. But, living in Mumbai, it shouldn't be difficult for you. That bit is surprising.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:31   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
That's a very good deal. My 2010 Innova 2.5V 8 seater 85000 kms is fetching me 6.5 Lakhs ( as per OBV Droom). So much for the great resale value myth of the Innova.

Lol how can you judge the resale value of a car just with an online calculator? Pls check the actual market. Resale value of the innova has always been its strong point, if you aren't getting the right price in a big city then something is wrong with your car or you are looking at the wrong place to sell it.
Old 17th March 2017, 08:44   #1643
BANNED

Looks good.May be this can change some things for Tata motors.

5stars for such a detailed review.
Old 17th March 2017, 09:44   #1644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I already tried with the Innova and it was very tough. Had to do multiple back and forth to put it in. On top of that, there are two "acute" angled turns on the exit. Something like "Z". Same problem there too.

The Hexa is another 3-4 inches wider than Innova and I dont think I can do that everytime. Maybe will give it a try just for the heck of it.
I am sure you have considered this option but just in case you haven't, try and evaluate a possibility of exchanging your parking space to a location which is relatively easier to get in and out of with someone who has a smaller car. I am sure there will be a friendly owner or two who can understand the practical problem here. I think it is worth because we should not be deprived off owning a car we like due to parking constraints
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 20:32   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a few Hexas on road. Must say they look better in real than in pics. That is not to say they look bad in pics. I see a bit of Rovers built into the design. The car is huge but seems to glide so effortlessly. Almost like a sedan. I haven't yet checked out the car at TM showrooms. But heard very positive things about it from those who did. I wish and hope all the success to TM with Hexa. May be their time has come to taste some glory after years of being a back-bencher.

Now, they must move on to next big thing, Nexon. Many are waiting for this car. Hope we see it by mid-year.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 09:30   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Yet to spot a single Hexa on the roads here. Been keeping a lookout having read and heard so much about it. Wonder if they've delivered any in these parts.
Old 18th March 2017, 10:14   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Yet to spot a single Hexa on the roads here. Been keeping a lookout having read and heard so much about it. Wonder if they've delivered any in these parts.
I also yet to see a single Hexa on-road here in Bangalore. (The cars may be there on road. It did not come across for me) The one I saw sometime back was a test drive car from one of the agencies.
Old 18th March 2017, 11:00   #1648
BHPian

Finally saw the Hexa in Chennai. Was on way to the office couple of days back and this one in white was in front of me. Wow... at first I thought it would be another Mercedes SUV, such is the aura. Its a class apart. The road presence is mind blowing. Crysta simply cannot match that. Couldn't have much of a look of the front since I was on my Aprilia and had to make a quick exit through the traffic. Hats off to Tata for this formidable product.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:03   #1649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Firstly hearty congratulations to Ashok on his acquisition. His inroad price seems a bit on the high side. Can he share the break-up of the same?
Invoice Value = Rs 18,21,186/-
RTO & Registration = Rs 2,27,033/-
Insurance (including Zero-Dep) = Rs 82,952/-
TCS (at 1%) = Rs 18,212/-
Extended Warranty = Rs 12,500/-

TOTAL = 21,61,883/-

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th March 2017 at 12:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:12   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Invoice Value = Rs 18,21,186/-
RTO & Registration = Rs 2,27,033/-
Insurance (including Zero-Dep) = Rs 82,952/-
TCS (at 1%) = Rs 18,212/-
Extended Warranty = Rs 12,500/-

TOTAL = 21,61,883/-
Congrats on your new car. Have they removed the 3k odd handling/RTO charges? I asked Adyaa motors if they would waive it off,when they included it in the quote, however they said that charge can't be waived off! As far as I know there is a ruling against dealers levying that charge.

Most Viewed