Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 16:44   #1651
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
True. Hexa definitely looks big if we compare it with Crysta or XUV.

What about Hexa vs Endeavour, did anyone tried comparing sheer looks of these two cars? Just wanted to know how it will look from rear, front and side in comparison to Endeavour.
I spotted this Endeavour in parking area, parked it close and took few pictures a week back.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa_ford2.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa_ford1.jpg

In my opinion side profile in Hexa looks better.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa_ford.jpg
Black_Beast is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:48   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
I spotted this Endeavour in parking area, parked it close and took few pictures a week back.
Are both tyres the same width? It seems so in the images, but AFAIK, the endy has wider ones.
Old 18th March 2017, 19:13   #1653
BHPian

Check this MOD!
White HEXA is my New Favorite.

Pic courtesy: RavenAvi
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image11a.jpg  

Last edited by kalleo4 : 18th March 2017 at 19:17.
kalleo4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 19:39   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Invoice Value = Rs 18,21,186/-
RTO & Registration = Rs 2,27,033/-
Insurance (including Zero-Dep) = Rs 82,952/-
TCS (at 1%) = Rs 18,212/-
Extended Warranty = Rs 12,500/-

TOTAL = 21,61,883/-

Why is the invoice value Rs.1821186/-? The web page mentions Rs.1745940/-
I am attaching snapshot of my quotation for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-price-hexa-pune.png  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-patil-invoice.jpg  

su_spatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 21:23   #1655
BHPian

A White XM variant with after market alloys, spotted in FB, picture courtesy to respective owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-17342873_1313525372060721_6071491300078356432_n.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-17342928_1313525535394038_9047110689027153197_n.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-17362844_1313525492060709_5355225505760970177_n.jpg  

v1kram is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 21:45   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Check this MOD!
White HEXA is my New Favorite.

Pic courtesy: RavenAvi
NOW you can clearly see the JLR influence.
No need for other mods to try and be a RR, that then find their way to W&W thread.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 21:47   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to see Mr.Hexa on display at Lulu Mall this evening (the XTA avatar). Certainly a handsome dude. Lots of folk swarming all over so I could only do a rapid once over.
Good personality our Mr.Hexa - hexed me all right. Very good interiors and comfortable seats (that's all I got to see sadly).

Last edited by wilful : 18th March 2017 at 21:49.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 11:34   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Congrats on your new car. Have they removed the 3k odd handling/RTO charges? I asked Adyaa motors if they would waive it off,when they included it in the quote, however they said that charge can't be waived off! As far as I know there is a ruling against dealers levying that charge.
Not mine, but thank you on behalf of my friend.

Yes, handling charges have been waived off, it seems.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Why is the invoice value Rs.1821186/-? The web page mentions Rs.1745940/-
You seemed to have missed the 4% Local Body Tax (LBT) levied by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), noted under "Address" in that invoice. That adds another ~70,000 rupees to the ex-showroom price.

BUT, that still leaves us with a difference of around 5,400-odd rupees. I am guessing this is the hidden handling charges/logistics quotient.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th March 2017 at 11:52. Reason: phrased better.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 12:51   #1659
BHPian

Checking the same MOD with XM variant! HEXA

Pic courtesy: Haris Karim (Facebook)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-17155159_1312394315507160_5860185796797866876_n01.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 20:16   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

You seemed to have missed the 4% Local Body Tax (LBT) levied by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), noted under "Address" in that invoice. That adds another ~70,000 rupees to the ex-showroom price.

BUT, that still leaves us with a difference of around 5,400-odd rupees. I am guessing this is the hidden handling charges/logistics quotient.
Yes, I missed the LBT. Thanks for pointing it out. Only the mysterious Rs. 5400 needs to be accounted for. A worthwhile purchase, nonetheless. Wishing Ashok hearty congratulations and happy motoring.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 22:18   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post

In my opinion side profile in Hexa looks better.
Thanks a lot. It just came to my mind to compare the looks as I was confused between Hexa XTA and Endeavour Trend AT but I never thought whatever you think we have have all sort of information available on TBHP.

After researching a lot on our TBHP forum I am still not able to make up my mind between Ford or Tata.

Purely my observations:

Front looks - Ford is far better accomplished tank and macho SUV.

Side Looks - Hexa is better here with especially bigger 19" wheels.

Rear Look - Its a tie here. I don't like either of them. Endy doesn't look menacing and hexa is too flat.

If it was Ford 3.2 AT then with all bells and whistles it would be an easy choice for me . But the real problem is choosing between Trend 2.2 AT vs Hexa XTA as I cannot stretch beyond 30L on road price.

If I go for Hexa XTA,
I will loose : A next segment SUV, Better brand value of Ford, Electric steering, Powered seats, Powered rear lift gate etc.

If I go for Endeavour 2.2,
I will loose : Day time running LED, ambient lighting, JBL system, few more goodies like optional sunroof & auto lights, 7L (price diff. between them)
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 23:34   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
If I go for Hexa XTA,
I will loose : A next segment SUV, Better brand value of Ford, Electric steering, Powered seats, Powered rear lift gate etc.

If I go for Endeavour 2.2,
I will loose : Day time running LED, ambient lighting, JBL system, few more goodies like optional sunroof & auto lights, 7L (price diff. between them)
They are definitely different segments, but since you are considering both south of 30 L OTR, it does lend itself as an interesting comparison. I had rented the trend 2.2 MT Trend 4x4 for a full day and had a wonderful drive with the Ford. I have test driven XTA and XT multiple times and thoroughly impressed with the Tata's flagship and considering it for my upgrade from Storme.

My honest and personal views added to your observations:

1. Looks: The Hexa and its impact design makes it a good looker definitely, but the Ford has 'character'. If it was based on looks alone, I would definitely choose the Ford.

2. Fuel Tank capacity: 80litres Ford to 60litres Tata. Ford has the better range. But What it lacks in capacity, the Hexa might make up with better mileage.

3.Torque: 400Nm Tata to 385Nm Ford.Just as numbers, Torque and Power figures are also comparable.

4.Seating comfort and Third Row Space: The Tata I felt was much roomier than the Ford. The third row especially was better in Hexa.If you are looking at a big family and comfort, this would be an important factor. The larger glasshouse on Hexa also gives it an airy feel against the Ford's high window line and smaller windows.

5.Warranty: 2 years on Ford vs (upto Ext Warranty) 5yrs on Hexa

6.Interiors: i found the Trend quite ok in terms of interiors and premium feel. The titanium on the other hand, is a wonderful cabin to be in and with a sunroof, its a great habitat. But between the Trend and the Hexa, Tata comes up better.

7.4x4: If you are also looking at both vehicles, for the offroad prowess, then the Endeavour trumps this game any day. Unlikely as you are looking at AT.

8.Brand and International Presence: Ford The Endy/Everest has an international reputation.You could get aftermaketstuff off aliexpress etc, compare notes with a much wider community of drivers etc.You can tell folks anywhere that you drive an Everest and they would recognise it. The Hexa would need a formal introduction.

9.Safety: The Endy gets 2 airbags while the Hexa boasts of 6!!. Endy AT gets ESP, but Hexa AT sorely misses ESP.

The Hexa makes an honest and compelling case for itself especially at the asking price. Still, the Ford is clearly a full segment above the Hexa. If you can push up and afford it, you should seriously consider shopping in the higher segment. I know I would.
Are you sure, you can't afFORD a Titanium.? Then, the Endeavour is my choice.( But just the price difference over the XTA would buy you a Hexa XE!)

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 19th March 2017 at 23:40. Reason: text added
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 23:42   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Hexa has become an in-demand product, and currently commands a waiting period of up to 8 weeks!

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with ET Auto, Mayank Pareek, President, Tata Motors - Passenger Vehicle Division said, "Hexa has got a good response. It beats our expectations. It has close to eight weeks of a waiting period and continuously growing. It is bringing a new set of customers to us and teaching us to meet their aspirations".

The Hexa, which competes with Mahindra XUV500 and Toyota Innova, has 50 percent bookings for its automatic versions.

Mayank Pareek added, "We hired a different set of sales executives for Hexa exclusively. These were not from auto industry but from the service, aviation and hospitality industry where there is no hard sell. We also trained these executives at the experience centres we created. We gave them exposure of staying in five star hotels to make them understand the customer lifestyles and sensitise them".

Tata Motors created experience centres in six different cities where customers came to experience the car. According to the company, each experience centre gardened around 100 bookings. The company further aims to take the Hexa experience centres to 25 more cities.
ET Auto

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th March 2017 at 23:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 10:16   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Hexa 3rd Row Issue

Any news from Tata's whether they will fix the design flaw with the 3rd row seating. When carrying large suitcases etc, the boot floor will be severely sloped downwards.

I don't feel comfortable with all the wight of the luggage resting on the rear door and putting pressure on the rear door hinge and lock. Besides when you open the rear door, you are going to have to be careful with stuff falling out.

Why does Tata spent so much effort on a redesign and leave stupid stuff like this unaddressed. I guess, they would have realized only after fitting the seat that it doesn't fold. Maybe from the next lot they will hopefully address this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexabootspace90564.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 10:38   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Any news from Tata's whether they will fix the design flaw with the 3rd row seating. When carrying large suitcases etc, the boot floor will be severely sloped downwards.

I don't feel comfortable with all the wight of the luggage resting on the rear door and putting pressure on the rear door hinge and lock. Besides when you open the rear door, you are going to have to be careful with stuff falling out.

Why does Tata spent so much effort on a redesign and leave stupid stuff like this unaddressed. I guess, they would have realized only after fitting the seat that it doesn't fold. Maybe from the next lot they will hopefully address this issue.

Hi, I think it is more like something which may have been done to incorporate a more comfortable last bench by adding more support etc.

I'm 6"2 and I sat in there pretty ok, and way better than the Endeavour and the XUV; where it was really uncomfortable. Can't compare the comfort to the 2nd row but ok for short journeys and long seat swapping journeys.

That said, if they could've designed them better to fold flatter, it would've been great as well.

Overall I think it was passenger comfort over the comfort of the luggage imo. ;-)

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed