Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 21:54   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
While it may seem like a great addition, I would like to add that a sunroof compromises the structural integrity of the roof quite a bit and the alignment of the sunroof is one thing that is prone to go bad even in factory fit ones. In a car that is not built for the sunroof, it lacks some re-inforcements that help prevent it, so installing this as an accessory could be more of a headache than a comfort feature.
These are prone to leaking as the seals are not perfect after a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I wouldn't have the courage to have a Dealer cut the roof of my car. The down sides are too many and mostly irreversible.
It is an official accessory, a Tata approved sunroof. That is why they are offering only one particular model out of the entire Webasto range. My understanding is that the roof is designed of accommodate a sunroof, but only a small one.

Also, installation is done at Webasto, not at the dealer's. Webasto provides warranty for the sunroof. (for 5 years, IIRC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
If this thing cost 90k what would be the cost of panoramic sunroof in Endeavour. Can that be fitted in Hexa?
Sunroofs are quite expensive. Bigger models will cost more. This particular one despite being small carries an added premium for it is a Tata approved accessory whose installation does not compromise factory warranty or AMC coverage. While it is possible to install bigger or full sized panoramic sunroofs, they are not recommended unless the roof and the structure is specially designed to accommodate them. The roof has cross beams going across it. Cutting them to make room for the sunroof compromises the entire structure. There is nothing that suggests Hexa's roof is designed for panoramic sunroofs.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 21st June 2017 at 22:03.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:14   #2222
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I wouldn't have the courage to have a Dealer cut the roof of my car.
Absolutely true. The roof structure is part of the structural integrity of the car. Unless the roof structure is designed for OE, sun roof, it is best not to cut it.

Secondly body of the car is galvanized. The moment you cut it, it will start rusting from that point.

Thirdly, one of my cars have an OE sun roof and to be honest with the kind of dust we have in Indian roads, I have rarely opened it. Frankly, I would delete it if there was an option, rather than get some untrained person to cut my roof and install after market sun roof.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:09   #2223
BHPian

Hi, Does anyone has a car on office lease here. I have got a mail from my leasing company that now rentals will be taxed at 28+15% cess post 1st july. This is big blow because current vat in emi was 5% for UP. My EMI are going to increase significantly as car is taken pre GST time.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/59077439.cms

There is a article on economic times on same topic.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd June 2017 at 14:29. Reason: Merged
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:03   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Hi, Does anyone has a car on office lease here. I have got a mail from my leasing company that now rentals will be taxed at 28+15% cess post 1st july. This is big blow because current vat in emi was 5% for UP. My EMI are going to increase significantly as car is taken pre GST time.
I too have a Car lease and got the same communication. The EMIs and the residual value (to buy back the Car) are going to be taxed at 43% instead of the current 14% which would be significant.

I guess even the new lease after GST regimes kick in will also be taxed at 43%. That means, the 43% when lease company buys the Car plus 43% tax on the EMIs that you pay to the lease company.

Many of us are checking if it makes sense to pre-close the existing car lease before GST kicks in. This makes sense if you dont want to go for the lease car again but not sure if it works out if you again go for the lease car.
Old 24th June 2017, 09:14   #2225

I had a quick query. Is anyone using Elegant Miami Carpet floor mats for their Hexa? If yes, then how is the fit and finish? I was thinking of buying it from amazon but there is a total lack of reviews. Any opinions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by arijitd : 24th June 2017 at 09:31.
Old 24th June 2017, 14:52   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I too have a Car lease and got the same communication. The EMIs and the residual value (to buy back the Car) are going to be taxed at 43% instead of the current 14% which would be significant.

I guess even the new lease after GST regimes kick in will also be taxed at 43%. That means, the 43% when lease company buys the Car plus 43% tax on the EMIs that you pay to the lease company.

Many of us are checking if it makes sense to pre-close the existing car lease before GST kicks in. This makes sense if you dont want to go for the lease car again but not sure if it works out if you again go for the lease car.
Post 1st July, the impact would not be positive or negative for the cars which are currently been leased and the EMI would be approximately same.
The problem is only with Lease cars which are bought before July 2017.
This is because in Lease. The company takes the VAT credit and then employee pays VAT every month.
For existing cars, VAT credit was already taken but now since VAT is replaced by GST, higher rate of GST is been charged.
For new cars post 1st July- GST credit in tune of 43% will be taken by the company as compared to 14.5% taken before - this will reduce the outstanding value after deducting ExShowroom - GST.
Hope it clarifies
Cooltronics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 20:34   #2227
BHPian

Last week I had checked the on road price of Tata Hexa XTA. I had filled my contact number expecting the dealer to contact. However, no response from anyone. Then I filled the TD form on the website of Concorde Motors. No response. I checked the website of concorde motors, got the mobile number and contacted the person. He informed me that, their representative will shortly contact me. After 15 mins received a call. He again said that concerned person will contact you. I told him I need TD of XTA. No response after the call. I again called him in the evening and told him that I had called in the afternoon for TD. He told me to forward my address. I messaged my address and the variant. He said tomorrow i.e. today they will come with the vehicle. Leave aside the vehicle they didn't even bothered to call and inform. By not going to the showroom directly was blessing in disguise.

I really feel sorry for Tata. On one hand they are making great product and on the other hand the representatives of dealers are not even bothered to keep a tap on the clients. They don't even need to go out of the way. Had the person called and informed me that, vehicle is not available I would have been happy that they remembered I had contacted. I feel very sorry for Tata.

I strongly feel that, had I checked the on road price of Toyota or Hyundai vehicle on app I would have received a phone call from the dealers within 1 hour. They would have brought the TD vehicle at the given address.

The more I force myself to get incline towards Hexa, the more these people give reasons not to be. Just a question- If for TD there is such problem then what about the ASS? I seriously didn't face such issue or problem when I bought Hyundai i20 and then Toyota Innova. In fact the representative of DSK Toyota was too good person.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th June 2017 at 21:53. Reason: spacing
Old 24th June 2017, 21:38   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Kabir, the only reason I enter TAFE Access in Coimbatore is to buy the car. I would rate them the shittiest of all. In fact, I have told them so. Now, we also have another dealer in town. SRT. Might be another bad apple, but let me see.

Post that, I have never even bothered to visit them till my next purchase. All my services were done at an authorised service centre for 20 years. Never had complaints there. Warranty/ extended warranty have been honoured at all times. The independent service centre has been taken over by SRT, so I moved on to one of the mechanics who worked for them.

Last edited by discoverwild : 24th June 2017 at 21:42.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 09:11   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Post 1st July, the impact would not be positive or negative for the cars which are currently been leased and the EMI would be approximately same.....)
Thanks Cooltronics. Then, it makes sense to pre-close the existing lease (as I have only 6 months more) and take a new car under new GST regime.
Old 25th June 2017, 14:30   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Last week I had checked the on road price of Tata Hexa XTA. ....No response. ... In fact the representative of DSK Toyota was too good person.
Hello Kabir,

Can you check with PanchJanya Motors, Bhosri.
They have recently Taken over Pandit Motors. The staff is prompt, (My Experience for the last 5 interactions I had). They have shown swift responses on my Query for Tiago. SO I guess They should be even faster for Hexa.

Regards,
Saurabh
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 18:36   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hello Kabir,

Can you check with PanchJanya Motors, Bhosri.

They have recently Taken over Pandit Motors. The staff is prompt, (My Experience for the last 5 interactions I had). They have shown swift responses on my Query for Tiago. SO I guess They should be even faster for Hexa.

Regards,

Saurabh

Thankyou Saurabh. I will definitely contact them.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 20:49   #2232
BHPian

Hi guys,
I am seriously considering the hexa as my next car which will replace my captiva. I am considering the hexa for its sheer seating comfort and ride quality as I have gathered from various reviews. The pricing is also very attractive in my opinion when compared to the competition.
However I have my doubts and I want the help of the bhpians in clarifying the same. The thread runs into almost 150 pages and honestly I haven't gone through the entire thread.
My first concern is are there any niggling issues with the hexa.
How reliable is the hexa when compared to the crysta.
How well will it age say down the line in five years.
Will it have a good resale value after 5 years.
What is the ncap safety rating for the hexa.
Kindly advice. Thanks.
Old 25th June 2017, 22:42   #2233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
My first concern is are there any niggling issues with the hexa.
How reliable is the hexa when compared to the crysta.
How well will it age say down the line in five years.
Will it have a good resale value after 5 years.
What is the ncap safety rating for the hexa.
Kindly advice. Thanks.
Niggling issues: Nothing as such. For reference sake, later models of the Aria were more or less trouble free.

Reliability: Absolutely no issues reported by anyone till date. Compare that with the Crysta which is having all kinds of major and minor problems.

How will it age: It's a new product, so time will tell. Again, later models of the Aria have reportedly held up nicely. You can go through the Aria 4x2 thread for reference.

Good resale: That is a relative term. I don't think it will be able to match the Innova's resale. Such are our market dynamics. Tata vs Toyota.

NCAP: Hexa hasn't been crash tested by any independent agency. Top end Aria 4x4 with six airbags was rated at 4 stars IIRC.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 25th June 2017 at 22:45.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 23:44   #2234
BHPian

Autocar India has come up with a comparison review of Hexa and Innova Automatic top end variants. In the review they find that Tata has a more premium feeling and spacious cabin of the two. Innova has better power, while Hexa has more torque.
Surprisingly they feel that Innova has better ride and handling. In the end they feel though Hexa is a strong package, however Innova still is the king of segment.

Tata needs to give more equipment to XM Automatic version of Hexa to build on the strong points of Hexa IMO.

PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 08:33   #2235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
In the end they feel though Hexa is a strong package, however Innova still is the king of segment.
This is how typical mainstream media comparos end. When comparing vehicles of powerful "brands", they seldom declare any one vehicle a clear winner, confusing the viewer/reader and appeasing all the participating OEMs in the process.

I'm glad we don't do such things here.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks