Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 20:37   #2311
BHPian

Has anyone brought XMA variant? Plz share pictures and experience overall.
As it does not have rear view camera, would the same Head unit display if I get camera installed from outside?
Old 7th July 2017, 21:26   #2312
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
@rshnvjy

Yours is thus the second case of a loose fuse.

I was wondering if it is an inherent problem with the Hexa and will connections come loose everytime it hits bad roads? Or did you and I face this problem because of negligient assembly at the factory?

I think the future Hexa owners should check that all the fuse are fixed tightly whenever they go for a PDI of the car at the stockyard before the delivery.
Old 8th July 2017, 10:48   #2313
BHPian

This is the quote that I got from a dealer in Jalandhar Punjab. I think they mixed up XTA and 4x4. What is the 1% TCS they have mentioned? Also what in addition to this are the expenses? I mean extended warranty, AMC and so on.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Old 8th July 2017, 15:31   #2314
BHPian

Have a query for the Hexa owners here..

As I checked, all variants of Hexa come with a projector headlamp setup with standard halogen bulbs and there's no option of Xenon or LED bulbs even in the top variants.

How do you find the OE light setup in terms of spread, reach & intensity, specially in the highways?

Also, as there are separate bulbs for hi beam and low beam, do the low beams also come on when the hi beams are engaged?

Last edited by vikash49 : 8th July 2017 at 15:33.
Old 8th July 2017, 15:56   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Congratulations on your booking.
Thank you SinghP09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
I am not someone who likes buying newly launched cars. Waiting for at least an year is always a good idea.
Yes you are right. Buying a newly launched car will always have some associated risk.
Old 8th July 2017, 17:14   #2316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Have a query for the Hexa owners here..

As I checked, all variants of Hexa come with a projector headlamp setup with standard halogen bulbs and there's no option of Xenon or LED bulbs even in the top variants.

How do you find the OE light setup in terms of spread, reach & intensity, specially in the highways?

Also, as there are separate bulbs for hi beam and low beam, do the low beams also come on when the hi beams are engaged?
Low and high beam bulbs are separate. Both are ON when the high beam is switched on.
You can also switch on the fog lamps as well. That gives you a total of six 55w halogen bulbs running simultaneously.

Illumination is ok for casual use. Basically, it depends on what you are used to. Compared with the lights of, say, Innova Crysta, this is more or less at par. But still, you will find it inadequate if you are into long distance touring by night on typical Indian highways.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 22:58   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Low and high beam bulbs are separate. Both are ON when the high beam is switched on.
You can also switch on the fog lamps as well. That gives you a total of six 55w halogen bulbs running simultaneously.
Are we sure that the fogs on the Hexa are 55W ? The ones on the Zest and ilk are all puny 19W fogs which are terrible and serve no purpose at all !
Old 9th July 2017, 13:01   #2318
BHPian

Quotes from Kochi, Kerala & Thane, Maharashtra:

Kochi (Concorde Motors):
XT: 18,25,681
XTA: 19,58,436
XT 4x4: 19,72,085

Thane (Fortune Cars):
XE: 13,33,440
XM: 15,32,601
XMA: 16,62,640
XT: 18,10,647
XTA: 19,40,188
XT 4x4: 19,53,071

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 9th July 2017 at 13:11.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 19:42   #2319
BHPian

Tata Hexa Post-GST Price list for Chennai.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa_chennai_price.jpg

Updated accessories price list.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa_accesories.jpg

I think the price for all accessories have gone up. The DRL+Foglamp was 12000 before.
esoticoreventon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:32   #2320
BANNED

So I took back to back test drive of the XUV 500 W6 Automatic and the Tata Hexa XMA. A couple of points which I noted:

1) Fit and Finish
The Hexa had a clear lead when it came to the overall fit and finish. The exterior and the interior felt better put together. Especially the switches, they felt undercut on quality in the XUV.

2) Look and Feel of Interiors
The hexa even with the fabric seats felt much better than the XUV. Again the cabin felt better in terms of quality, fit and finish.

3) Ride Quality and Refinement
I drove through some bad roads and the Hexa felt better. My parents sitting at the second row told that they felt less thrown around in the Hexa. The engine, road, tyres noises were felt lesser in the Hexa. The XUV engine was loud. Really loud and the transmission seemed confused on gear selection. It just kept shifting even with a light foot on the accelerator.

4) Equipment level
The XUV had more equipment such as cruise control, bigger touch screen, auto headlamp and wipers, cornering lamps, DRLs etc which were missed in the Hexa.

5) Price
The on road pricing of Hexa XMA is 15.8 after GST and the pricing of XUV is 16.7 after GST here in Kochi.

The result: I found Hexa to be much value for money and an overall better package. So I went ahead and made the booking for the XMA arizona blue. I was quite confused with selecting the color. I liked both the grey and arizona blue colors. In the end I just went with the most popular one. There are still some doubts which I am puting in this forum.

I wanted to add the Fog lamp and DRLs, Rear parking camera and alloys as extra fitment.

Fog and DRLs
The Sales manager said that the Fog Lamps are there now as accessory but the wiring had not come and they have not got approval from tata for its fitment. Did anyone else experience this?

Rear Parking Camera
He also said that the Rear Parking Camera as an accessory is not there with them and even if I buy a camera I wont be able to fit it to display on the ICE screen. He said something about chipset being different. Anyways I am good with displays that come on the rear view mirrors. If anyone has used in any vehicle, do post here.

Alloys
As for the alloys, He said that the PCD is 160 for the Hexa and there are few options to get good looking alloys in this specification. However he did mention that a 16" alloy is going to come for the Hexa. I just saw the accessory pricing in the above post and alloys are mentioned as 8700 per piece. Did anyone else get this info?

To any XMA or XM owner, how does the ICE sound? If you have installed Alloys, do post the pics here
Nchaly is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 22:37   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Are we sure that the fogs on the Hexa are 55W ? The ones on the Zest and ilk are all puny 19W fogs which are terrible and serve no purpose at all !
I checked the manual and I stand corrected. Front fogs are 35W H8 bulbs, while the low and high beam both have 55W H7 bulbs.

That's 4*55w + 2*35w bulbs for forward illumination.

Hexa's fog lamps do a decent job and I find their extra light rather useful. The overall setup is definitely not up to the mark for long distance night driving but is par for course when compared with other cars of similar price.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 01:06   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nchaly View Post
So I took back to back test drive of the XUV 500 W6 Automatic and the Tata Hexa XMA. A couple of points which I noted:

1) Fit and Finish
The Hexa had a clear lead when it came to the overall fit and finish. The exterior and the interior felt better put together. Especially the switches, they felt undercut on quality in the XUV.

2) Look and Feel of Interiors
The hexa even with the fabric seats felt much better than the XUV. Again the cabin felt better in terms of quality, fit and finish.
I agree with you here. The hexa definitely has the better interior plastic quality, be it the dashboard, buttons etc. However some other lower or hard to reach places have cheaper hard plastics.
Regarding the exterior, i couldn't make out the difference in quality, fit and finish of both the cars were similar.

Quote:
3) Ride Quality and Refinement
I drove through some bad roads and the Hexa felt better. My parents sitting at the second row told that they felt less thrown around in the Hexa. The engine, road, tyres noises were felt lesser in the Hexa. The XUV engine was loud. Really loud and the transmission seemed confused on gear selection. It just kept shifting even with a light foot on the accelerator.
The hexa ride was comfortable however the body roll was a bit more evident in the hexa as compared to the XUV. I would rate the Hexa to have a comfortable ride but sometimes it felt a little stiff over sharp bumps. The xuv had had less body roll but the ride was a bit wobbly, not a real deal breaker though.
Regarding the engine noise, yes the Hexa was much more quieter but the XUV wasnt that bad, my ciaz disel had a louder engine clatter/noise inside the cabin.

Quote:
4) Equipment level
The XUV had more equipment such as cruise control, bigger touch screen, auto headlamp and wipers, cornering lamps, DRLs etc which were missed in the Hexa.
One of the main reasons we skipped the hexa was due to the absence of basic features, the most important is power folding mirrors. For a wide car, its definately needed. Plus the other missing features that cannot be installed aftermarket was a big let down.

Quote:
5) Price
The on road pricing of Hexa XMA is 15.8 after GST and the pricing of XUV is 16.7 after GST here in Kochi.
Here in Goa, the approximate on-road price with my own insurance after transferring from my old car excluding any other charge(accessories,extended warranty etc) is:
Xuv w6 AT: 16.27~ lakhs (ex showroom: 14.27 lakhs)
Hexa XMA: 15.85~ lakhs (ex showroom : 13.9 lakhs)

The 40k difference wasnt much as we had to install alloys in the hexa since the stock molded steel wheels looks absolutely cheap and pathetic on the hexa. The wheelcaps on the Xuv, though plain looking atleast doesn't bring down the looks of the car and can be left alone without any immediate upgrade.
And since 4 tata branded alloy wheels cost about 37k~, the price difference gets reduced.

Quote:
The result: I found Hexa to be much value for money and an overall better package. So I went ahead and made the booking for the XMA arizona blue. I was quite confused with selecting the color. I liked both the grey and arizona blue colors. In the end I just went with the most popular one.
We still havent booked the Xuv since we are waiting to sell our ciaz first ,but there is still a father/son debate whether to reconsider the Hexa for better interiors quality, ride and fresher looks.
However what goes against the Hexa are the poor features,side profile looks, lower mileage due to heavy weight and average tata service here in Goa.I guess my dad isnt too found of tata cars(burnt his fingers with his old 2004 diesel indigo),though times have changed since.We still dont hear alot of positive stories about service here in Goa atleast.

Still have a couple of months to decide but we are 70:30 in favour of the Xuv right now.

Quote:
There are still some doubts which I am putting in this forum.
I wanted to add the Fog lamp and DRLs, Rear parking camera and alloys as extra fitment.

Fog and DRLs
The Sales manager said that the Fog Lamps are there now as accessory but the wiring had not come and they have not got approval from tata for its fitment. Did anyone else experience this?
I was quoted 15k for fog+DRL part for each side. So total comes to 30 for left and right side including fitting charges and the bracket.
The sales guy told me that the bracket isnt needed hence cost would be 1k less in total. IDK how true his statement is.
I dint inquire about only fog light cost.

Quote:
Rear Parking Camera
He also said that the Rear Parking Camera as an accessory is not there with them and even if I buy a camera I wont be able to fit it to display on the ICE screen. He said something about chipset being different. Anyways I am good with displays that come on the rear view mirrors. If anyone has used in any vehicle, do post here.
I was given two options.
1. Buy the original number plate mounted camera that comes on the XT/XTA variant. total cost 20k including fitting charges
OR
2. Buy the tata branded auto dimming rear view mirror with reversing camera.I was told it would clip onto the existing mirror. Cost 20k as well inclusive of fitting charges.

Quote:
Alloys
As for the alloys, He said that the PCD is 160 for the Hexa and there are few options to get good looking alloys in this specification. However he did mention that a 16" alloy is going to come for the Hexa. I just saw the accessory pricing in the above post and alloys are mentioned as 8700 per piece. Did anyone else get this info?
Was quoted about 37k for 4 Tata branded 16 inch alloys inclusive of fitting charges. The design is available in the Hexa accessories brochure.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 10th July 2017 at 01:09.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 08:06   #2323
BHPian

Quote:

Alloys

To any XMA or XM owner, how does the ICE sound? If you have installed Alloys, do post the pics here
Got these from Hexa WhatsApp group for a XMA fitted with OE 16inch alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170709_233533.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170709_233416.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170707wa0005.jpg  

damodar is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 09:20   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Got these from Hexa WhatsApp group for a XMA fitted with OE 16inch alloys.
Wow , those alloys certainly take away all that butch look of Hexa and make it look oh so mediocre . With that much of sidewall , imagine the bouncy ride and wobbly feeling . IMHO , I would rather go for a MOM or some aftermarket alloy if I really had to choose .
Old 10th July 2017, 09:21   #2325
BHPian

I am more or less decided about the hexa but not sure whether I should spend an extra 100k for AMT which does not have all the safety features and an inferior mileage as compared to XT. What are the real life figures of mileage for XT and XTA?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks