Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:21   #2386
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Thanks to Mohammed Azharuddin for sharing this!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2017 at 11:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:04   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I am exactly in same boat in the same city

I have a Duster RXE 2013 (60k) on ODO. No complaints with the car at all, though it will demand 60k now for new tyres, clutch, brake discs etc in next 5k kms. I too can't drive a sedan after enjoying Duster.

Did test ride of XUV and did not like much. Will test ride HEXA this week and keep you posted. Another important criteria would be the resale value of Duster 2013 RXE @ 60k km. I expect 6.5+
I recollect reading a comment by GTO somewhere, that for him, Duster was the benchmark for ride quality - which is now beaten by the Hexa. I think he had even stated something to the effect that it beats a lot of cars higher that its segment on ride quality alone.
If there is no real use of third row and the extra bulk, then Nexon is just around the corner.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:47   #2388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
I recollect reading a comment by GTO somewhere, that for him, Duster was the benchmark for ride quality - which is now beaten by the Hexa. I think he had even stated something to the effect that it beats a lot of cars higher that its segment on ride quality alone.
Dr Suraj, Here it is, in this very thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Took the Hexa for a long spin.

Loved the ride quality - it's easily among the best riding cars this side of an S-Class. Let me rephrase that : I can't think of any car costing under a crore rupees that rides this well.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 15:22   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

This info looks like Hexa promo. No offenses. It is just my personal feeling.

While comparing the power and torque, weight is not taken into consideration.

While comparing the PS with that of Innova Crysta, the horse power of Crysta automatic(174PS) has been comfortably omitted.

Both Innova Crysta and XUV 5OO top models have push button start, which Hexa lacks.

Infotainment system touch screen is smaller in Hexa when compared to Crysta and XUV.

XUV top models have TPMS system, which Hexa lacks.

Number of Airbags are more in Crysta, when compared to Hexa.

No doubt, Hexa is a great product, but this comparison looks like a Hexa promo.
vsun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:07   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
This info looks like Hexa promo. No offenses. It is just my personal feeling.
Agreed. It also doesn't seem to be well informed. Eg. XUV has cooled storage in the cabin as well, it just happens to be inside the front armrest unlike glovebox in Hexa.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:59   #2391
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No offense, but this looks like a sure shot biased comparo. A quick comparison of XUV vs Hexa brochures reveals that this particular comparison has omitted all the points where XUV or Crysta excels over Hexa, intentionally.

This comparison never showed that XUV W6 gets cruise control, Auto AC static bending headlamps, XUV W8/W10 gets tilt and telescopic steering wheel, electric driver seat adjustment, sunroof, GPS embedded in the already larger touch screen ICE unit.

FE numbers are also happily omitted in fact.

For Innova Crysta, the guy has simply ignored the peak power of the 2.8l motor. Additionally, Hexa has sports mode, cool; Crysta also has PWR mode. And in the PWR mode of Crysta, the brute force with which the 2.8 pushes the UV, Hexa isn't even close to that.

Last edited by VKumar : 23rd July 2017 at 17:02.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:55   #2392
BHPian

Looking at the usage of logos, fonts, layouts and the tone in which the content is, it is very identical to the presentation which was circulated here some weeks back. That document was not at all meant for public view but as a reference for the sales personnel while speaking with the customers. Now as we all know, sales pitch deliberately overlooks minor positives of the opponents and glorifies their own products, conveniently ignoring the negative! Hence, looks biased, as it should be.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 04:58   #2393
BHPian

What else do we expect from a Tata sales guy? Do we seriously expect them to give the positives of the competition thereby affecting Hexa sales? As such Hexa is struggling. I do not even want to get into the debate which is better. But XUV and Crysta sells more for some reason. I am not sure if these Comparisons would help them since, unlike budget customers, the premium segment customers do their own research. So they will know the pros and cons by themselves. They don't expect to here it from a sales guy.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 06:25   #2394
BHPian

I very strongly considered the Hexa but eventually gave up the idea because of that enormous 5.75m turning radius (seriously, what was Tata thinking?) and the lack of a petrol engine option. A significantly crippled safety feature set on the automatic trims and the lack of push button start were the next major issues. This car will be a pain to drive in the city and not particularly safe on the highway. I was quite enamored with it otherwise.
Old 24th July 2017, 06:30   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I am not sure if these Comparisons would help them since, unlike budget customers, the premium segment customers do their own research. So they will know the pros and cons by themselves. They don't expect to here it from a sales guy.
Not at all. On the contrary a luxury/premium car buyer purchase of a car/yet another car is not a big event/milestone in life and they may be more casual about it than a budget/lower segment car buyer. If what you say is true, Audi, BMW and their ilk would not be spending millions of dollars in brand building.

Going by TBHP polls for best car across the segments and the actual sales in each of the segment, it is apparent that buying a car is more an emotional one than an informed rational decision.
tifosikrishna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 08:12   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
I very strongly considered the Hexa but eventually gave up the idea because of that enormous 5.75m turning radius (seriously, what was Tata thinking?) and the lack of a petrol engine option. A significantly crippled safety feature set on the automatic trims and the lack of push button start were the next major issues. This car will be a pain to drive in the city and not particularly safe on the highway. I was quite enamored with it otherwise.
I'm rather surprised by your observation that the Hexa will not be particularly safe on the highway. Can you elaborate why you feel so?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 09:13   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car will be a pain to drive in the city and not particularly safe on the highway. I was quite enamored with it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I'm rather surprised by your observation that the Hexa will not be particularly safe on the highway. Can you elaborate why you feel so?
Exactly. Specially when this is what the official review says

Quote:
Topnotch safety kit includes 6 airbags, ESP, TC, ABS, EBD, hill hold / descent control etc.
I would love to hear a differing opinion here with the rationale as well because come 2018 end, this car may land up in my parking.
Old 24th July 2017, 09:22   #2398
BHPian

Like I said in my post, I'm talking about the automatic variants because those are the only ones I'm interested in (particularly in this car, where even the official review says that the automatic is the better of the two transmission setups on offer), and they are severely crippled in the safety department. You don't get four of the six airbags, ESP, TC and hill descent control in the automatics.

Last edited by aryayush : 24th July 2017 at 09:25.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:07   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
I guess unfortunately the Innova is the only way to go for you then ! Leave out the Hexa as you are not satisfied with the engine, safety, features and the drivetrain. That's like 60 % of the vehicle !
Old 24th July 2017, 10:44   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like I said in my post, I'm talking about the automatic variants because those are the only ones I'm interested in (particularly in this car, where even the official review says that the automatic is the better of the two transmission setups on offer), and they are severely crippled in the safety department. You don't get four of the six airbags, ESP, TC and hill descent control in the automatics.
A small correction in what you mentioned - the XTA variant does indeed get 6 airbags and not 2.
But like you mentioned it misses out on ESP, Hill Descent Control and Traction Control.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks