Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 12:01   #2641
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Thank you Torquedo for your input. You have alleviated my concern with the gearshift .Now eagerness to get hold of the vehicle has increased manifold. Looks like the wait times are nowhere close to what I had mentioned in my previous post, even the automatic variants can be delivered in less than two weeks according to the dealer.
My Pleasure, GreenmachinE.

My thing on the wait part, with the GST benefits being planned to be rolled back (might go higher up as well), chase up on the dealer really hard to get the Beast home sooner. Never know when the prices might get jacked up.

If he does not have one in stock, confirm (ask him to provide some kinda proof) with him if the order has been placed. Once this is nailed and the car is on it's way, get the VIN #, once it lands get the PDI done. All along if you are getting it financed, get the loan thing sorted out.

Happy Motoring !!
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:31   #2642

Happy to join the growing tribe. I am going to book Tungsten Silver XTA (6 seater) today. Just received confirmation from the dealership that the vehicle is available in Tata Motors Plant and they are blocking it on the basis of my confirmation.

Tata Motors holds a special place in my heart (having worked there for nearly 10 years before I moved on) and hence buying a Tata Motors vehicle is an emotional moment for me.

I have been a silent reader of various posts on this forum and have spent countless hours poring over every possible detail available on the Hexa thread here. Arriving at the decision to book Hexa was a difficult one. My wife caught me reading the Hexa thread today morning (a ritual of sorts for the last couple of months) and gave me an emotional pitch. The exact words were "You did not think this much when you agreed to marry me" and this did the trick today morning.

Hoping to start my purchase decision journey thread soon.

Happy motoring.
SMILEY is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 14:41   #2643
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Happy to join the growing tribe. I am going to book Tungsten Silver XTA (6 seater) today.
It seems it is raining Hexa's @ TBHP.

Congratulations !! Just run in the car in the best possible way and enjoy the Beast in the years to come.

Happy Motoring.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 14:41   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Happy to join the growing tribe. I am going to book Tungsten Silver XTA (6 seater) today. Just received confirmation from the dealership that the vehicle is available in Tata Motors Plant and they are blocking it on the basis of my confirmation.

Tata Motors holds a special place in my heart (having worked there for nearly 10 years before I moved on) and hence buying a Tata Motors vehicle is an emotional moment for me.

I have been a silent reader of various posts on this forum and have spent countless hours poring over every possible detail available on the Hexa thread here. Arriving at the decision to book Hexa was a difficult one. My wife caught me reading the Hexa thread today morning (a ritual of sorts for the last couple of months) and gave me an emotional pitch. The exact words were "You did not think this much when you agreed to marry me" and this did the trick today morning.

Hoping to start my purchase decision journey thread soon.

Happy motoring.
Better get your Hexa quickly delivered & take wifey for a drive !
You did not consider the Arizona Blue color ? Hexa looks really awesome in it specially during the night.
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 15:05   #2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Better get your Hexa quickly delivered & take wifey for a drive !
You did not consider the Arizona Blue color ? Hexa looks really awesome in it specially during the night.
Thanks!!

My current car (Etios Liva) is in Blue colour. All family members wanted a change in colour, and I was happy with any colour as long as it was Hexa.

I agree that the Arizona Blue looks gorgeous. But Tungsten silver it is now.
Old 14th August 2017, 15:17   #2646
BHPian

Congratulations to the new "would be" owners of Hexa.

Glad that you are joining the Hexa club.
I have Tungsten Silver XT 4x2 and have already done around 6 K KM and am totally happy with my choice.

TASS service is great, they are responsive, they listen to you moreover they try to have human to human connect. Which I could only find with my FIAT Punto.

All the best to you all and wish lot of happy miles with Hexa.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 16:55   #2647
BHPian

Please ensure that Tyre Inflation pressure to be maintained as mentioned below:

For 235 / 55 / R19 (XT / XTA):
Unladen Vehicle (1-3 Occupants)- 35 psi Front & 36 psi Rear
Laden Vehicle (4-7 Occupants)- 35 psi Front & 38 psi Rear

For 235 / 70 / R16 (XE / XM / XMA):
Laden & Unladen Vehicle (1-7 Occupants)- 34 psi Front & 34 psi Rear

Note: While filling air after the vehicle has run for sometime (hot filing), Tyre Inflation Pressure to be increased by 3 psi over and above mentioned values.
All tyre pressures, including the spare, should be checked regularly using an accurate pressure gauge, when the tyres are cold. Improper maintaince of tyre
pressures can increase the risk of tyre failure, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and potential personal injury.

Note from Moderator: Formatting on post corrected, Kindly format your posts properly before posting. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 15th August 2017 at 10:25. Reason: See note in post. Thanks
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 17:59   #2648
BHPian

My uncle got his XTA delivered couple of days back. Earlier he had booked base XE but he was smitten by the post GST prices and the Auto box coupled with lovely interior's. It's the first TATA in family!

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170811wa002401.jpeg
akshay380 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 19:30   #2649
BHPian

Have asked this question, asking again: is it possible to switch to 19 inch to 16 inch rims for XT models? Will it affect the safety control systems like ESP, TCS etc? Vaguely remember reading that the systems are set for 19 inch rims + tyre combo. Can some experts throw light?

If rims can be downsized, only option I can think of is selling the rim + tyres to a XM or XE customer (as there will not be any/much takers for 19 inch rims in the market) and buy a 16 inch alloy from market.

Hope I am making sense.

NB: After stalking this thread and its predecessor since time immemorial, at the verge of booking XT model. Thanks to GST price cut, rather news about roll back to pre GST level.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 20:31   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
My uncle got his XTA delivered couple of days back. Earlier he had booked base XE but he was smitten by the post GST prices and the Auto box coupled with lovely interior's. It's the first TATA in family!

Attachment 1666429
Amazing look and just love the Tire tread marks on the floor
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 20:33   #2651
BHPian

Hi

I am very keen to buy a Hexa AMT. Have taken three test drives and am very happy with the car.

The only issue is that every time I mention Tata Hexa, people just hear Tata and are immediately critical.

The good wife who liked the car, better than the XUV W10 Auto and the Jeep Compass, is now wavering.

Jeep Compass does not offer a diesel automatic. Also we have a SCross 1.3 and feel that both vehicles will be of same size (no significant difference)

XUV W10 Auto has very high engine noise inside the cabin. Further, every time the gear shifts, there is an odd noise. I understand this is common.

Also, the Hexa is not available in black which I find very surprising.

Look forward to views from Hexa owners to help me make a decision.

The dealer is offering me a good deal with 3000 cash discount and 20,000 equivalent of accessories. But no rebate further.

Thanks
us.dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 21:17   #2652
Senior - BHPian

@us.dash
There are 5000 Hexas already running on our roads, and almost everyone is happy. Having used many Tata cars till date, I firmly believe that the issues are usually magnified by critics and media. among all vehicles used till date I consider Tatas second after Toyotas for our conditions if your mind says so go ahead, and be quick before the cost goes up again.
Secondly the HEXA is a proper automatic with a modern lockable torque converter, not an AMT, or od generation free wheeling or locking only in top type converter.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 22:30   #2653
BHPian

Any idea about the price for the side step? My mother is almost 70 and has painful knees. I will definitely have to get the side step to make getting in and out of hexa for her.
Old 14th August 2017, 22:34   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Any idea about the price for the side step? My mother is almost 70 and has painful knees. I will definitely have to get the side step to make getting in and out of hexa for her.
16500. Official accessory. I think aftermarket ones are also available.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 23:33   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I would strongly advise you to opt for the official accessory since there was a recent case on this very thread where a Hexa owner installed aftermarket side steps and ended up with a punctured fuel tank.

Link to the issue: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-141.html

Last edited by vishy76 : 14th August 2017 at 23:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks