Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 21:26   #2731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Got a call from KHT that Tata Motors has intimated them that the price for Hexa is going to be hiked by ~1.5L from tomorrow. The SE urged me to visit dealership & book immediately, failing which the higher price would be applicable for cars booked tomorrow onwards. When I asked for a re-confirmation (because AFAIK the ordinance for increasing GST cess to 25% hasn't been passed yet & is expected to be put forth in the coming week/s), I was told it was the info sent from the parent company.

I couldn't make time. Maybe this is a sales bluff, can someone please confirm ?

Background :
I have been trying to co-ordinate for a TD since a week/10days. The sales guy initially assured of a TD the very next morning. The next evening when I called he said the car has gone for repairs. No probs, happens. After a few days he informed that he'll come Monday morning 10am. I diligently followed up on Monday, but then he kept delaying to 11:30, then 12:30, then to 1:30, then 2pm. Finally at 3 he told me car is not available for TD as somebody had a confirmed time-slot appointment! Still I readily agreed if he could bring it anytime post noon on Tuesday. No luck. Then yesterday also they didn't call. Today he calls & drops this bomb.
This is solely a trick played by the dealer to get the booking done. Month end is approaching and such tricks will keep coming up. I have not heard anything from my TATA contact on such high increase.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 22:00   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from KHT that Tata Motors has intimated them that the price for Hexa is going to be hiked by ~1.5L from tomorrow.
I got my Hexa today from KHT domlur. The sales experience was very good. If you want to, please speak to Charan in sales.

I took a test drive from. The showroom, he was very patient even encouraged my wife to try the automatic for the first time, explained all features to her, and never pressed for a booking. He did follow up, as I waited for the GST price, kept me informed and was very courteous.
smsrini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 07:36   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from KHT that Tata Motors has intimated them that the price for Hexa is going to be hiked by ~1.5L from tomorrow.
I couldn't make time. Maybe this is a sales bluff, can someone please confirm ?
The sales rep at one of the dealers in Pune told me that the price increase is from 1st Sep onward. When I told him the increase has only been proposed and I have not read about any news of the proposal getting accepted and implemented, he toned down and said you never know when the government decides to do it.
Having said that,
We are covered from the price hike only when the car is invoiced before the incremental cess is implemented. Only booking doesn't cover us from any hike.
If the vehicle of your choice of color , variant and seating configuration is in stock then you are lucky else, the waiting time is typically 10-12 days (in Pune) and we got to pray that the cess hike is not implemented until then

R
rohansd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:05   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
The sales rep at one of the dealers in Pune told me that the price increase is from 1st Sep onward. When I told him the increase has only been proposed and I have not read about any news of the proposal getting accepted and implemented, he toned down and said you never know when the government decides to do it.

I spoke to 3 dealers in bangalore yesterday. I was told by Prerana that 29th could be the likely date for the cess but I was provided a workaround. They wanted a confirmed booking like by paying a lac and once TML bills them they said we should make the ex showroom payment. That way price protection can be guaranteed. Did not find Aadya and KHT responsive and forthcoming. Prerana offered to cut down insurance by about 16K and a corporate discount of 5k. Also their registration charges, handling/transportation and basic accessories seems to cost less than the other two.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2017 at 15:37. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 25th August 2017, 09:12   #2735
BHPian

Fellow bhpians- have a question on the gold care AMC and extended warranty 3 yr OEM warranty + 1/2 years. How helpful will these be? I will be new to Tata and hence the question. Have been owning a first gen Honda city and a first gen Figo and based on that experience I wouldn't go for the extended warranty for those brands.
Old 25th August 2017, 09:27   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Fellow bhpians- have a question on the gold care AMC and extended warranty 3 yr OEM warranty + 1/2 years. How helpful will these be? I will be new to Tata and hence the question. Have been owning a first gen Honda city and a first gen Figo and based on that experience I wouldn't go for the extended warranty for those brands.
Hi - Extended warranty is a MUST for any brand these days because component prices are constantly being brought down by OEMs which result in component suppliers cutting corners and quoting reduced life to their OEMs. The workaround to this is the warranty. The warranty sold to you has a back to back arrangement for the OEM with the supplier. extended warranty just adds that peace of mind for longer and hence go for it.

Tata AMCs are generally well priced. As such, you HAVE TO service your car at a T.A.S.S. until warranty expiry for the warranty to be honoured. Hence its advisable to go for the AMC because this upfront payment helps to protect you against escalating labour, component and oil costs. Further, this AMC might cover quite a lot of other parts as well which may not fall under periodical service. Hence go for it.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:48   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to 3 dealers in bangalore yesterday. I was told by Prerana that 29th could be the likely date for the cess but I was provided a workaround. They wanted a confirmed booking like by paying a lac and once TML bills them they said we should make the ex showroom payment. That way price protection can be guaranteed
No such offers in Pune yet.
I am planning to book today. Hopefully will be able to engage them in a strong discussion while booking.
Old 25th August 2017, 10:45   #2738
BHPian

Sharing from another post, as it is relevant here as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Carwale has done a session of off-roading with the Compass, Tiguan, Hexa, Fortuner and V-Cross. The link to the video on YouTube -
Overall, not bad for a "people-mover" SUV.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2017 at 15:37. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 11:14   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Sharing from another post, as it is relevant here as well

Overall, not bad for a "people-mover" SUV.
I noticed that in the video, only the Isuzu V-cross had dual purpose block tread tyres while all the others had road tyres. The tyres alone must give a major advantage in muddy terrain. This leads me think that having 4 wheel drive alone without the right tyres is almost useless.

Conversely, it's possible that in slippery terrain, a skilled driver with the right tyres on a 2 wheel drive car would be more effective than a 4 wheel drive car with road tyres.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 14:20   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to 3 dealers in bangalore yesterday. I was told by Prerana that 29th could be the likely date for the cess but I was provided a workaround. They wanted a confirmed booking like by paying a lac and once TML bills them they said we should make the ex showroom payment. That way price protection can be guaranteed. Did not find Aadya and KHT responsive and forthcoming. Prerana offered to cut down insurance by about 16K and a corporate discount of 5k. Also their registration charges, handling/transportation and basic accessories seems to cost less than the other two.
Same here. I did make a payment, in addition to the booking amount. I am hoping this guarantees a purchase at present prices if the prices are hiked. However I won't like to be trapped where having paid this amount, I am forced to buy the vehicle at prevailing prices in case my vehicle is not delivered before increased cess becomes applicable.
Old 25th August 2017, 18:07   #2741
BHPian

Finally I have bitten the bait.
Just back from the Concorde motors after booking Platinum Silver XT 4X2. Now the endless wait till its delivered.
They gave a decent deal however were non committal on the price protection. Wonder how are dealers at other locations managing it. So until the vehicle is invoiced, fingers crossed !
rohansd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 18:43   #2742
BHPian

Last week on a Sunday had to take my family of 7 to Borivali Mumbai. The thought of taking two cars was a bit daunting as it was raining heavily that day. So asked my friend who got his XTA(7 seater) in July if i can borrow it and he happily obliged.

So got set and started for Mumbai with full load of passengers and some luggage , me driving , dad co driver, wife ,daughter younger sister in the middle row, mom and youngest sister in the last row.

Needless to say i was having the time of my life driving the beauty that she is and all other 6 passengers were in utmost comfort through out the journey and were bowled over by HEXA. She was even more impressive while returning in the ghat section of Lonavala and i was just amazed at the pull with full load and A/C on. She was just flying through and it even managed to keep up with a 2017 fortuner who was by no means taking it easy .Not once i was left wanting for the right gear,the Automatic transmission even in D mode is outstanding . What a TATA for half the price of the Toyota!

All in the family agreed that Hexa is going to be our next car without a doubt. Of course right now i dont have the budget for one but cant wait for things to pan out the next financial year.

Happy Motoring all you blessed Hexa owners.

Cheers Rohan!
rosaf is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 20:02   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Finally I have bitten the bait.

Just back from the Concorde motors after booking Platinum Silver XT 4X2. Now the endless wait till its delivered.

They gave a decent deal however were non committal on the price protection. Wonder how are dealers at other locations managing it. So until the vehicle is invoiced, fingers crossed !

Congratulations. I booked XTA Arizona Blue today. Got a guarantee on price protection too. I'm told 10-15 days for delivery and that Blue XTA is available at TML plant. Let's keep sharing notes 😄
KK RE Lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 20:05   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Same here. I did make a payment, in addition to the booking amount. I am hoping this guarantees a purchase at present prices if the prices are hiked. However I won't like to be trapped where having paid this amount, I am forced to buy the vehicle at prevailing prices in case my vehicle is not delivered before increased cess becomes applicable.

Travelex- push your dealer to give you a guarantee. I got one and in writing. What they do is call up the plant to check for model availability and if model is readily available at plant they must be able to place order immediately and get the invoice from TML. But once that is done, they will ask you to clear off the ex-showroom price. Also ask for insurance and corporate discounts.
KK RE Lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 20:14   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Speaking of which, i wonder what's holding the moderators back even after we requested them to change the line in the opening post. TASS is not a hit or a miss anymore. Definitely not with Hexa, Tiago and Tigor. You guys can check with individual owners if required. But that one false line is going to have its effect.
Some of us were tired of making this statement once and again. Finally, stopped looking at this comment about "TASS". To me, this is more like a "prejudice" than an assessed statement.
kaviprem is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed