Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 20:48   #2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Finally I have bitten the bait.
Just back from the Concorde motors after booking Platinum Silver XT 4X2. Now the endless wait till its delivered.
They gave a decent deal however were non committal on the price protection. Wonder how are dealers at other locations managing it. So until the vehicle is invoiced, fingers crossed !
Hi Rohansd can you provide some more details about your deal with Concorde? I am also from Pune and interested in going for the XTA.
Old 25th August 2017, 20:59   #2747

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Did multiple testdrives of XT,XTA, the XUV and innova last month. Read this entire thread twice and finally booked the XT blue last sunday at concorde.

Sales guys pushed for a downpayment to invoice the vehicle and lock-in the price. Got the VIN number. Have asked for PDI before the registration and delivery next week.

BTW this is my first post on the forum.

cheers,
PK
pk3977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 21:05   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Skip the dealer, go to another one, TD it in the showroom and book there.
Had similar experience during my purchase. I promptly shifted to another dealer and the experience was very smooth and delightful.

Speaking of which, i wonder what's holding the moderators back even after we requested them to change the line in the opening post. TASS is not a hit or a miss anymore. Definitely not with Hexa, Tiago and Tigor. You guys can check with individual owners if required. But that one false line is going to have its effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Some of us were tired of making this statement once and again. Finally, stopped looking at this comment about "TASS". To me, this is more like a "prejudice" than an assessed statement.
It was actually changed based on feedback. If you look at the earlier Tata Reviews, the point was called out as

"Tata's sub-par after-sales service is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai
"

This was changed to the "hit or miss" statement for the more recent products and this was based on owner feedback.

I think this is a fair statement and it is wrong to call it prejudiced. Even the above comment indicates a shift from one dealer to the other before the experience became positive.
Rajeevraj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 21:08   #2749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Speaking of which, i wonder what's holding the moderators back even after we requested them to change the line in the opening post. TASS is not a hit or a miss anymore. Definitely not with Hexa, Tiago and Tigor. You guys can check with individual owners if required. But that one false line is going to have its effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Some of us were tired of making this statement once and again. Finally, stopped looking at this comment about "TASS". To me, this is more like a "prejudice" than an assessed statement.
Any claim has to be backed by data. This topic has not come up today. Even 5 years ago there were people who claimed prejudice. But the data spoke otherwise. There is a brand new ownership thread on the forum where the user had to go back to the TASS to get a rattle fixed and some broken clip in a brand new car.

Let the car be there in the market for a while. If issues with service centers get fixed, their staff get fully trained and professional, and Initial Quality goes up, it will speak in the data itself and the line in the review will also change. Till then the suggestion cannot be acted upon. There are people who had no issues with the Safari 2.2 and may claim its a niggle free vehicle, but such decisions are usually taken based on Statistics and not outliers.
tsk1979 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 06:14   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Travelex- push your dealer to give you a guarantee. I got one and in writing. What they do is call up the plant to check for model availability and if model is readily available at plant they must be able to place order immediately and get the invoice from TML. But once that is done, they will ask you to clear off the ex-showroom price. Also ask for insurance and corporate discounts.
The dealer has assured me. I did not take it in writing though. The vehicle is in transit but may get delayed courtesy Ram Rahim ji (I am in Punjab). The other factor playing on is the expected increase in road tax and registration in Punjab. The dealer says there might be a workaround that also in case it comes into effect.
travelex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 11:19   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any claim has to be backed by data.
There are people who had no issues with the Safari 2.2 and may claim its a niggle free vehicle, but such decisions are usually taken based on Statistics and not outliers.
We are going to have to agree to disagree here. As far as I am aware, we have never had statistics based on team-Bhp member's ownership reviews (at least it's not publicly shared). In my opinion, you cannot point to "Statistics" and call for "data", when it is nearly impossible to run the said "Statistics" or get the "data". Owners can complain about their cars, about their dealership experiences, or their test drive experiences on this forum, but we are a fairly self-selecting group of people, and any inferences drawn from this sample, is bound to have a margin of error.

So, in the absence of data from the forum, what do we do? One data point that we could look at are the J.D. Power ratings. Since 2011, Tata Motors has made its way from 7th in the list of Customer Service Index, to 3rd last year. Who knows, maybe the study is bogus, but that is not my point, as you shall see in my reply below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
It was actually changed based on feedback. If you look at the earlier Tata Reviews, the point was called out as
"Tata's sub-par after-sales service is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai"
This was changed to the "hit or miss" statement for the more recent products and this was based on owner feedback.
I think this is a fair statement and it is wrong to call it prejudiced. Even the above comment indicates a shift from one dealer to the other before the experience became positive.
This however, is the perfect summary. The review does not claim that Tata's service is down in the dumps, but just that it might vary in quality based on the dealership, the car etc. For members and non-members, that line just points out that with a Tata vehicle, one has to make sure the decision takes into account the chance of iffy service. And that -- as Rajeevraj put forth more eloquently than I have -- "is a fair statement".

Last edited by Amartya : 26th August 2017 at 11:21.
Amartya is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 12:11   #2752
BHPian

The Hexa's OEM armrest seems of almost no use, especially for shorter drivers like me. Any idea if the an armrest like the safari/scorpio can be fitted as an accessory for the Hexa.
Old 26th August 2017, 15:50   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
The Hexa's OEM armrest seems of almost no use, especially for shorter drivers like me. Any idea if the an armrest like the safari/scorpio can be fitted as an accessory for the Hexa.
The simplest jugaad, I would imagine, would be installing armrests of the captain seats onto the driver seat. I could be wrong too, as it could be more complex than it sounds.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 16:07   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
The simplest jugaad, I would imagine, would be installing armrests of the captain seats onto the driver seat. I could be wrong too, as it could be more complex than it sounds.
Hinders access to gear and hand break. Not safe too in case of emergencies.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 16:56   #2755
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out this lucky chap. He brought home a Hexa XE with a VariCOR 400 badge! (it has a 5-speed manual transmission inside)

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image5.jpg

He has also shared engine bay shots, which don't give any clear indication if it's the 320Nm variant or the 400Nm variant of the 2.2L VariCOR.

So, an ultra-silent upgrade to the Hexa XE by Tata Motors, or simply a case of "mis"-badged identity?

Big thanks to my good friend Haris for sharing.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 18:47   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Check out this lucky chap. He brought home a Hexa XE with a VariCOR 400 badge! (it has a 5-speed manual transmission inside)

He has also shared engine bay shots, which don't give any clear indication if it's the 320Nm variant or the 400Nm variant of the 2.2L VariCOR.

So, an ultra-silent upgrade to the Hexa XE by Tata Motors, or simply a case of "mis"-badged identity?
Haha, looks like a case of mis-badging for sure. The Varicor 400 has a nice engine cover that differentiates it from the 320 trim.
Old 26th August 2017, 22:06   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Haha, looks like a case of mis-badging for sure. The Varicor 400 has a nice engine cover that differentiates it from the 320 trim.
Yes Mis-badging for sure and that begs the question. How the hell did this escape final quality tests at the factory? Speaks a lot of the quality control when something as obvious as a wrong badge has not been spotted on the final product to be delivered.
How does one miss that?
Old 27th August 2017, 01:36   #2758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
We are going to have to agree to disagree here. .
. And that -- as Rajeevraj put forth more eloquently than I have -- "is a fair statement".
Yes you are right, there is not much data today except JD, and that shows an uptick in service quality. However we did have Safari Data from owners which showed 20% having major issues
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...lity-poll.html (The Ultimate Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Reliability Poll)

But in India we need something like Dashboard light
http://www.dashboard-light.com/
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 09:15   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes you are right, there is not much data today except JD, and that shows an uptick in service quality. However we did have Safari Data from owners which showed 20% having major issues
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...lity-poll.html (The Ultimate Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Reliability Poll)
Sorry to be blunt, but honestly this is like beating a dead horse

1. The thread was from 2009-2010. Yes there were reliability issues then and no one disagreed.

2. The said model - Safari Dicor 2.2VTT no longer sells.

If you purely look at after-sales-service stories on this thread for Hexa Owners, you would definitely see a marked difference. Yes, there is no poll or data, but for any regular reader on this thread, this is very visible.

This may not necessarily be the case for Tiago/Tigor users, but Tata Motors seems to been going out of their way for Hexa Owners.

BTW, we do have threads on Innova Crysta niggles and Maruti AMT woes by respective owners, but that does not reflect in their respective reviews. Probably due to a small data set, then why single out Tata Motors?
sachinayak is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 09:55   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

More likely to be mis-badging. The VAricor 400 has a noticable turbo lag, and will be bad to drive with a 5 speed, where 1st is not low enough, and reduction ratio differences between intermediate gears is higher.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks