Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 16:45   #2776
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi All
As previously posted, I had booked a Hexa XTA Sky Grey on August 16, 2017. Concorde Motors staff had informed that they do not have the specific color in stock and would place an order for the same. The delivery was assured before September 5, 2017.
I had kept in touch and the responses were always ishy-washy. Today, they have finally come back mentioning that the vehicle would only be manufactured around September 12 - 15, 2017 and the delivery would be around the end of the month.
Is this possible or is the dealer trying to action smart?
The sales guys want me to choose an alternate color, which to me is not an option. They also mentioned that the GST Cess would be hiked around September 10, 2017 and thus there is a stampede (my word) for Hexa.
Please advise whether I should cancel my booking or wait for another month?
I do not have an alternate in mind as of yet.
Thanks
us.dash
Old 28th August 2017, 16:56   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Can any existing XTA owners please post the software version of the ICE ? I got my June manufactured XTA with a software that shows a Dec 2016 version.

I'm wondering if there's a later version available.

Day 5 of ownership, and the car rocks! Moving from a 2.2 Dicor Safari, I can see the huge improvement in quality and features, and its a welcome change. I got my high, seeing a Mercedes GL owner give my Arizona Blue XTA repeated once overs at the stop light!

If I were to nit pick, they should have used a better leather on the steering wheel. I feel the lack of grip on the wheel.

thanks
Srinivas
Yes the ICE version is of Dec 2016. No updates.
Old 28th August 2017, 17:01   #2778
BHPian

For all HEXA owners from Bangalore, For any technical issue , please do feel free to contact Suresh who is an HEXA technician from KHT motors, Kundalahalli. I had an issue with a newly delivered Hexa which infact had given me sleepless nights, was fixed in a jiffy by Suresh and he is clearly knowledgable. He has confirmed that he is specifically trained for Hexa and Tiago and that his number can be shared. 84949 18200 for the benefit of other HEXA owners.

Mods if this post is against the rules, kindly delete this.

Regards
Sandy
SaNdY_AR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 17:04   #2779
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Following would be my responses -

1) If you like the product, stick with your booking.
2) Stick to the color that you love, do not change, it is not a 6 month ownership or a T-shirt that you shall be living with for a short while.
3) If the prices are jacked up, take your refund.
4) After being through all these hassles, take it in writing from Concorde that there shall be no cancellation charges on the booking.
5) If you wait till September end, you get a freshly baked product right from the oven, there should be no issue waiting till Sep end.

Wishing you luck with your purchase, as you have stated, at the current pricing there is nothing that comes close to the Hexa in terms of VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR
I had an issue with a newly delivered Hexa
Could you please elaborate on the issue, might help other perspective owners, thank you.

Last edited by Torquedo : 28th August 2017 at 17:08.
Torquedo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 17:59   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Yes the ICE version is of Dec 2016. No updates.
Actually, there is an update which solves major bugs like connectivity issues.

Those in need can PM.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2017 at 07:09. Reason: Mention of WhatsApp, Telegram deleted
Old 28th August 2017, 19:10   #2781
BHPian

Is TASS doing all well with Hexa? I doubt.

Here’s what happened with my cousin brother who took delivery of his Hexa-XT on 25th august .Yesterday night his Hexa just refused to crank. MID showed up ESP, Traction control & drive control fault. Call was made to Tata road side assistance and they promised a technician will be sent to the location within one hour. All this was happening at around 10pm. They waited till 11pm at the location and there after the guy who was assigned to attend this issue was not picking up calls. As expected, No one turned up. This morning a recovery van was sent and the car was taken to TASS (KVR dream vehicles- Kannur/Kerala).

He got call in the afternoon saying there was sensor issue and is already rectified. He went to the showroom and asked them that in normal case even if the traction control unit is at fault we should be able to drive the car or at least it should crank. At this point they said, there was no issue with traction control or ESP modules or any of the sensors and the fault was caused by poor ‘Earthing’. Their justification was that the vehicle must have come from the factory with some loose wiring. Overall, their arguments and approach were more or less the same as what they used to be since day one. My cousin refused to take the car back and is planning to escalate the issue.

Dear members, in case you have the contacts for TATA regional managers for Kerala, please share the same here. Any pointers in escalating this issue to the higher management in TATA will help.

Here are the MID screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170828wa0009.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170828wa0010.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170828wa0011.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170828wa0012.jpg  

BipB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 19:53   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Dear members, in case you have the contacts for TATA regional managers for Kerala, please share the same here. Any pointers in escalating this issue to the higher management in TATA will help.
Here goes, these are numbers and email ids with me, try it, i have not used them. All are for Tata Motors. I have been having a tata car from 2004.

Tata help line 24x7 18002097979
Tata Mumbai 022 66586000
Tata EKM - 0484 6601400 / 2555055
Bangalore for south 080 66373400

email ids
carpmg@tatamotors.com
carsouth@tatamotors.com

Best of luck.
sparky@home is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 19:54   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All
As previously posted, I had booked a Hexa XTA Sky Grey on August 16, 2017.
Did they share the order number with you ?
Old 28th August 2017, 19:54   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Following would be my responses -

1) If you like the product, stick with your booking.
2) Stick to the color that you love, do not change, it is not a 6 month ownership or a T-shirt that you shall be living with for a short while.
3) If the prices are jacked up, take your refund.
4) After being through all these hassles, take it in writing from Concorde that there shall be no cancellation charges on the booking.
5) If you wait till September end, you get a freshly baked product right from the oven, there should be no issue waiting till Sep end.

Wishing you luck with your purchase, as you have stated, at the current pricing there is nothing that comes close to the Hexa in terms of VFM.
I would agree with Torquedo.

If your heart is set on the Hexa, go ahead with the booking, get your finances (if applicable) sorted and take delivery by September end - it'll be an auspicious period too.

IMO, you can have them generate the invoice if you need price protection (expected increase will be 1 lakh+ post GST revision). Since it's a freshly manufactured vehicle, you should be okay.

Quote:
This could very well be a safety feature. If the system detects such serious failures, it is definitely not a good idea to drive the vehicle.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 21:48   #2785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but what is the problem with TASS? As far as I can tell, the A.S.C was able to resolve the issue, and in good time too.

If they have offered an explanation, and the car is running fine now, collect the car. You could insist on a written account of the resolution for future reference in case the issue reoccurrs, if you wish.

They need a royal bollicking for the lack of RSA commitment, I admit though.

Last edited by VeluM : 28th August 2017 at 21:50.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 21:59   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Did they share the order number with you ?
No, not yet. I understand they have placed the order.

Is there any significance that I have missed?

Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 23:57   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
There were a few cases in the beginning where sensors were loose and the issues were rectified by the service folks in good time. Now the owners are enjoying their rides with no hassles.
Yes, i do agree that the engine should have cranked and allowed you to drive it. It's a big price to pay for a small issue.
But having said that, we are yet to see serious mechanical issues with this car and as of now, things look promising.

Such issues of sensors malfunctioning happens due to wiring as the TASS rightly said. Not sure why you doubt them and want to escalate it though.
Old 29th August 2017, 00:10   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
There were a few cases in the beginning where sensors were loose and the issues were rectified by the service folks in good time. Now the owners are enjoying their rides with no hassles.
Yes, i do agree that the engine should have cranked and allowed you to drive it. It's a big price to pay for a small issue.
But having said that, we are yet to see serious mechanical issues with this car and as of now, things look promising.

Such issues of sensors malfunctioning happens due to wiring as the TASS rightly said. Not sure why you doubt them and want to escalate it though.
Well, the issue here is not about whether they were able to solve the issue or not. How they try to keep a customer in dark and try to hide the actual issue is what annoyed him.

For me it is not a problem anymore. The safari I drive now is the third Tata vehicle and I know what to expect from the Tata's A.S.C guys.

This poor fellow was new to these kind of answers that doesn't instil confidence in a vehicle which he bought just three days back for 18 lakhs. As I mentioned the very first reply he got was that it was a sensor issue and has been rectified and ECU was reset. It's only when he categorically asked why the car wouldn't start when an ESP or Traction control module goes kaput did they come up with a new theory of poor electrical grounding. And they were not ready to provide anything on paper.

Anyway, he is planning to visit their workshop tomorrow again and will ask them to show what all precautions have they taken to avoid this issue in future.

Last edited by BipB : 29th August 2017 at 00:24.
Old 29th August 2017, 06:42   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, not yet. I understand they have placed the order.

Is there any significance that I have missed?

Thanks
In addition to what everyone has mentioned, do let them know that there is a high chance of you postponing your decision if the delivery is delayed AND there is a price hike. This will atleast mentally prepare them for a negotiation ( which they will be open to because all said and done, Tata has seen a spurt in sales after the GST related price cut. Hence they aren't giving that away due to the cess increase which will only increase sticker price - discounts will definitely make their way back ).

lastly, I hope you have checked stock position with other dealers nearby.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 09:34   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Can you please share a link to the 'serious mechanical issues' on the SCross thread? I remember only one such incidence so far in the last 2 years. Rest of the issues were immediately rectified by MSIL/Nexa, so cannot term these as service issues. If a manufacturer does not rectify an issue or tries to run away from the responsibility, then it qualifies for a bad service experience in my opinion.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-529.html

Please go this thread and you will get info on issues faced by S Cross owners wire harness problems (which left people stranded) and MASS issues, oil leakages with engine seizing and several issues. Rattles are a common problem and I have several in my Scross. I had a Linea for 6 years and not one rattle till I sold her off.

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 29th August 2017 at 09:36.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks