Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 21:05   #2836
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
We are thinking how much this car has been idled , driven before delivery and damage on engine because of that .Very difficult to put the feeling of regret .
That is sad to hear. Could you share more details? It is unlikely to be a major problem. How did he know that it overheated? Did the check engine light come on? From what I remember, there is no temperature gauge on the Hexa. Having experienced TASS for two years, you can rest assured that you will receive exceptional support and things will be resolved within a few hours. Wishing him many happy miles.
Old 30th August 2017, 21:57   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

It takes time for a company to rebuild the trust. Maruti/Hyundai/Toyota have that brand value for them to be an instant success.

Tata's have just started serious efforts and I wish them luck...

I second that and clearly I see TML starting on a different trajectory. The JLR acquisition is clearly dishing out its synergies. While it took over 5 years I'm expecting TML to get much capable products in the near future. While I have booked Hexa XTA and awaiting delivery, I cant wait for their SUV launch next year which is based on Land Rover's platform. I think given their Safari experience and LR's prowess, we must be able to witness something big and better.

Coming to Hexa, like rightly pointed out, It's perception and positioning that reflects on these numbers. I personally believe they already have a set of customers who are highly discerning, those who care for a product in itself than just deriving a product's capability or trust from the pedigree it carries, those experts and enthusiasts who care for an engaging drive and focusing on aspects like ride quality, stability which is very different from a mass car buying mindset.
Old 30th August 2017, 22:18   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Quick update:
Got a call from the sales rep that the vehicle is in transit and is expected to land in the stock yard by tomorrow. He has shared the VIN and I decoded it to check that is a August manufactured vehicle. I have told him that I will do a PDI before making the payment.
Done with the PID today.
Today seemed to be my lucky day. The sales rep had advised that the car will land at the stock yard at around 4 pm. He called me exactly at 4 pm and said the car has arrived. The stock yard is about 5-6 kms from my work place and I reached there in 30 mins. The stock yard was expectedly crammed with cars and the rains compounded the problem. The PDI was satisfactory though. The car was warm as it is after a short drive which convinced me that the car had indeed arrived a while ago. The ODO read 48 kms which kept me wondering but I have chosen to not think much about it.
Will wire the balance money to the dealer tomorrow so that he can proceed with next steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojkd View Post
Hi Rohansd can you provide some more details about your deal with Concorde? I am also from Pune and interested in going for the XTA.
My Deal:
Variant: XT 4x2
Ex- Showroom - 15.16L
Insurance: 74k
Extended Warranty: 11k
TCS: 15k

Offer/Freebies:
Sidesteps+Matting+ Brand Ambassador Discount ( 5K) + 1 Gold Coin
The last two items are apparently TML schemes for vehicle invoiced in Aug month.

Rohan
rohansd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:02   #2839
BHPian

I got the delivery of my XTA tungsten silver today. Drove about 100km. I must say the ride quality was wonderful. Unlike some others, the armrest actually suits my stance and did provide relaxation. As mentioned by someone else earlier, I also found the headlamps not upto the mark. Maybe some tweaking is required. I haven't fiddled around much with the car so it will take some time to checkout all the things being discussed here.
Old 30th August 2017, 23:15   #2840
BHPian

Quote:

My Deal:
Ex- Showroom - 15.16L

Offer/Freebies:
The last two items are apparently TML schemes for vehicle invoiced in Aug month.

Rohan
Congrats on the new car ! Other than the insurance, you seem to be getting a good deal, specially the side steps.
Insurance should be around 50k only.
Old 30th August 2017, 23:23   #2841

Quote:
Done with the PID today.
Today seemed to be my lucky day. The sales rep had advised that the car will land at the stock yard at around 4 pm. He called me exactly at 4 pm and said the car has arrived. The stock yard is about 5-6 kms from my work place and I reached there in 30 mins. The stock yard was expectedly crammed with cars and the rains compounded the problem. The PDI was satisfactory though. The car was warm as it is after a short drive which convinced me that the car had indeed arrived a while ago. The ODO read 48 kms which kept me wondering but I have chosen to not think much about it.
Will wire the balance money to the dealer tomorrow so that he can proceed with next steps.

My Deal:
Ex- Showroom - 15.16L

Offer/Freebies:

Rohan
Thanks Rohan! That really helps. Although with the expected price rise I may have to postpone my decision. But thanks for the information and congratulations on your deal! Happy Motoring!
Old 30th August 2017, 23:40   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
How did he know that it overheated? Did the check engine light come on? From what I remember, there is no temperature gauge on the Hexa.
The MID has a digital temperature gauge on the bottom left.
Old 31st August 2017, 01:01   #2843
Distinguished - BHPian

My good friend Autospy has sent in this image of a Hexa test mule in Pune bearing an "A-tronic" badge on the front side panel, just above the "Varicor 400" badge.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2w.jpg

According to him, it was a 5-seater test mule which had it's 3rd row removed. The 2nd row was reclined a bit too steeply than normal, and it seemed like an XMA-based variant, but shod with 19-inch alloys.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2017 at 01:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 04:20   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Done with the PID today.

My Deal:

Ex- Showroom - 15.16L

Offer/Freebies:

Rohan

Congratulations Rohan. Happy driving. The TML scheme I guess must be country wide? Would you know? Never heard this from the dealer. Side step was a freebie? I'm assuming there was a discount you got on that? Can you let me know how much?
Old 31st August 2017, 04:23   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I got the delivery of my XTA tungsten silver today. Drove about 100km. I must say the ride quality was wonderful. Unlike some others, the armrest actually suits my stance and did provide relaxation. As mentioned by someone else earlier, I also found the headlamps not upto the mark. Maybe some tweaking is required. I haven't fiddled around much with the car so it will take some time to checkout all the things being discussed here.

Congratulations travelex. Happy driving. Please keep us posted on the headlamps of you get to change them?

Has anyone replaced the stock headlamps with a powerful one?
Old 31st August 2017, 05:59   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My good friend Autospy has sent in this image of a Hexa test mule in Pune bearing an "A-tronic" badge on the front side panel, just above the "Varicor 400" badge.

According to him, it was a 5-seater test mule which had it's 3rd row removed. The 2nd row was reclined a bit too steeply than normal, and it seemed like an XMA-based variant, but shod with 19-inch alloys.
Would this be the AWD/4WD Automatic? Any idea when they plan to bring that variant out?
Old 31st August 2017, 06:59   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Done with the PID today.

Offer/Freebies:

Rohan
Rohan, congrats on your new acquisition. I too have booked the XTA and is expected by 7th Sept. Is there some offer letter or something for the freebies you got so that I can pressurise my dealer to offer the same. My dealer in Assam has not mentioned anything about this offer. If Tata is giving this then I am sure he would have mentioned something. Thanks.
Happy motoring
Old 31st August 2017, 09:00   #2848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
.We are thinking how much this car has been idled , driven before delivery and damage on engine because of that .Very difficult to put the feeling of regret .
There is no denying that overheating or any niggle as such is absolutely unacceptable early on into the ownership and especially the delivery day. Tata better pull up their socks soon! Like other owners have mentioned, rest assured that the after sales will be a good experience and the issue will be fixed once for all at the dealership level itself.

Coming to the issue itself, my suspect is that the radiator fan fuse has blown causing less heat dissipation and heating is more while at idle as there is no airflow over the radiator fins. I recollect a similar issue with my Fiesta TDCI where my dad used to complain of ineffective AC for almost a week of his commute to office and back (around 40km/day). Only when I drove the car on the subsequent weekend I noticed the gauge which showed a high coolant temperature and was fixed later on. Basically the car had done close to 200+ kms (cumulative) without the fan and the car as of today has done 1,30,000 kms without any problems to the head gasket etc. What was the ODO reading when you took delivery of the car? I am assuming it is not more than 50kms or so.

On a lighter note, try convincing your friend that even Crysta had lot of niggles like AC conking off and even water leakage during the initial batches
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:14   #2849
BHPian

Hi guys,
My friend owns a innova crysta with middle row captain seats. I travelled a lot in the said car sitting on the middle row captain seats. All though the said seats are comfortable in their normal position when we recline them I found that the lower portion of the back rest hits your lower back making it very uncomfortable to relax or sleep on the said seats.
Can someone throw some light on the middle row captain seats of Hexa. Does it have a similar problem as the Crysta. Can someone please post a picture of the Hexa captain seat reclined.
Regards.
patil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:22   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Here is a video I took while I was driving the Hexa XTA, we went till 90 kph on this bad patch but the ride was just awesome. Overall, suspension and race car mapare indeed the trump cards of the Hexa:
That looks impressive. It would be very useful if you could create and share similar videos of some of the competitors on this same stretch, to allow side by side comparison.

Meanwhile, on the topic of whether Hexa is a hit or flop, I think it is neither. But it is doing so far what it needed to do: sell in steady numbers. If the product is indeed good (which I think it is) and the ASS has improved, then the perception will change over a period of time. Given the baggage that the TATA brand had before this launch, I would think 1000 units a month would be a decent number for now. Couple of years from the launch, once the product has proven its reliability, numbers would look up.

Most Viewed