Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 20:32   #2911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
No 3rd fold tumble in last row seats in Hexa.
Is it that bad an incline? I guess you can adjust the head rest to make it relatively flatter. I was under the impression that the slope is not so steep to make things move. Of course that depends on what kind of things are placed. Small carry bags may tend to move but I'm hoping suitcases and big bags will stay put or not?

Last edited by ampere : 5th September 2017 at 07:17. Reason: Fixed quotes
KK RE Lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 20:57   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Is it that bad an incline? I guess you can adjust the head rest to make it relatively flatter. I was under the impression that the slope is not so steep to make things move. Of course that depends on what kind of things are placed. Small carry bags may tend to move but I'm hoping suitcases and big bags will stay put or not?
There's no decrease in incline with/without headrests. It's the same.
Having said that, after a few long trips with plenty of luggage, would like to say that the bags hardly moved. Even when only two bags were placed.
Smaller covers would obviously move around and i guess the same can be expected even on a horizontal surface, while breaking or on bumps.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 22:13   #2913
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

While researching the variants of Hexa Automatic, I realise that the following are the key differences:
1. 19" Alloy Wheels
2. Front Fog Lamps
3. DRL
4. 10 Speaker system (XMA has 8 Speaker)
5. Cruise Control
6. Side and Curtain airbags
7. Reverse Parking Camera
8. Power Foldable OVRMs

There are other smaller differences like automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers etc.

Most of the differences I can live without e.g. the 19" wheels, 10 speaker system, cruise control. The only difference which will require thinking are the side & curtain airbags.

Now, the question I have is, whether I can get DRL and Front Foldable OVRMs & Reverse Parking Camera fixed as after market accessories, from the dealer directly?
Old 4th September 2017, 22:18   #2914
BHPian

Isn't climate control also missing in XMA? I felt that as the biggest worry apart from the airbags
Old 4th September 2017, 22:28   #2915
BHPian

Hi All,
I took the delivery of my Hexa XT Platinum Silver yesterday.
I am not sure if I will be able to write a long Initial Ownership post like many of our friends here have written
Until then, here are some pics.
The delivery experience was good. This is my third TML car since 2005 and each has been with a different dealer. Yesterdays experience with Concorde Motors was best of all 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170903wa0030.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170903wa0020.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170903_120153006_small.jpg  

rohansd is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:51   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Hi All,
I am not sure if I will be able to write a long Initial Ownership post like many of our friends here have written
The delivery experience was good. This is my third TML car since 2005 and each has been with a different dealer. Yesterdays experience with Concorde Motors was best of all 3.
Congratulations!!

The car looks great. You, a true Tata fan, 3 cars in a row..

We'll definitely expect a ownership review (even small one), before that please find time to elaborate on your buying decision.

All the best!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 12:59   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Yes, Rohan had been an ardent Tata fan

@Rohan: The car in silver looks fab.
Looking forward to your detailed ownership experience. Take your time to analyse over some time before you write them. You are going to crunch lots of miles to&fro office eveyday
I am sure you can objectively provide your insights.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 5th September 2017 at 13:04.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:21   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Rohan - finally! Congratulations. Your car looks stunning and that side step, I tell you is fab! Hope I get a non-chrome one too. It's adding well to the side cladding and looks truly like one unit than an accessory. Let us know the accessories you bought and planning to add.
KK RE Lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:35   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Congrats Rohan! Looks smashing in this shade, and not many of them sporting it. Can you please post a front view ? I believe the silver and white bring out the best of the front view.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 14:57   #2920
BHPian

Aug sales for Tata UV segment is reported to be 2878; up by 84%, led by HEXA.

Source: http://www.tatamotors.com/press/tata...n-august-2017/
lightinin95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 18:47   #2921
BHPian

A club for Hexa/Safari owners.

"Welcome to SOUL, the official community of Tata SUV owners. Rekindle your spirit of adventure, leave your day-to-day lives behind and get away to unexplored destinations with nothing but your thoughts, your wheels, and the company of like-minded individuals. Come share your travel stories, your exhilarating experiences, and your love for the open road"

http://soul.tatamotors.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 5th September 2017 at 18:54.
tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 00:14   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Rohan - finally! Congratulations. Your car looks stunning and that side step, I tell you is fab! Hope I get a non-chrome one too. It's adding well to the side cladding and looks truly like one unit than an accessory. Let us know the accessories you bought and planning to add.
While I will write more about it in my detailed review, the first impression about the side step is it is less sturdy than the chrome one. I see it getting bent/warp when someone steps on it. The bend/warp isnt permanent though but that sight has dented my confidence in the step. The sales rep downplayed my apprehension but I will continue to keep a watch and report.
So my suggestion to you is that don't go by the looks alone and do make an informed choice. In my case I was told that the other side steps aren't available anymore and I decided to pick these as freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Congratulations!!

The car looks great. You, a true Tata fan, 3 cars in a row..

We'll definitely expect a ownership review (even small one), before that please find time to elaborate on your buying decision.

All the best!
Thanks. I have started composing that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congrats Rohan! Looks smashing in this shade, and not many of them sporting it. Can you please post a front view ? I believe the silver and white bring out the best of the front view.
Thanks. I will put up the pics in the Test Drive and Initial ownership experience thread that I have started building.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th September 2017 at 09:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
rohansd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 08:07   #2923
BHPian

Going to invoice 7-seater Tungsten Silver XTA 4X2 today. In order to take the pre-compensation cess advantage, KHT motors has offered me to invoice against a VIN as soon as possible. They have ordered the vehicle for production on yesterday evening.

Thanks a lot for the detailed official review report - that simplified my decision quite a lot.
I hadn't quite decided on Jeep Compass vs something else. After considering the fact that my family will enjoy a Hexa more than a Compass, I decided to go ahead with Hexa. Went through the TeamBHP Hexa official review quite a few times and took a test ride - I was grinning wide when Hexa took bad roads head-on with ease. With a Punto 90HP in my stable, I wasn't quite averse to go for an MT - but XTA's comfort just thrilled me altogether. Full appreciations to KHT Motors for driving all the way to my home (20kms away) and gave an excellent opportunity to test ride the vehicle. Will update further after delivery.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 6th September 2017 at 08:10. Reason: Added one more sentence.
vinodvayyat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 08:33   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Going to invoice 7-seater Tungsten Silver XTA 4X2 today. In order to take the pre-compensation cess advantage, KHT motors has offered me to invoice against a VIN as soon as possible. They have ordered the vehicle for production on yesterday evening.
Congrats! What is the total on-road price?
Old 6th September 2017, 08:49   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Please make sure you do the PDI well and verify the MFG date from the VIN.
My dealer told me that they have stopped the off take of new vehicles since 1st Sept until 10th Sept which is the expected date of revised cess implementation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks