Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 09:08   #2926
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Congrats! What is the total on-road price?
Thank you! Rs./-19,94213 OTR as of now. But I will be opting for Insurance arrangements independently and would like to bargain for accessories like side-step (Is it a bit too much considering the fact that Tata Hexa side-step is costing 19k? Basic accessories such as mud flap and mats are included anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Please make sure you do the PDI well and verify the MFG date from the VIN.
Yes, I had talked to them regarding this - they have promised the same and offered full refund if I'm not ready to take the vehicle post PDI.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 6th September 2017 at 09:12.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 11:13   #2927
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 1715 units Hexa in August
Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:10   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
the first impression about the side step is it is less sturdy than the chrome one. I see it getting bent/warp when someone steps on it. So my suggestion to you is that don't go by the looks alone and do make an informed choice. In my case I was told that the other side steps aren't available anymore and I decided to pick these as freebie..
You are correct, had an opportunity to look up both the side steps while taking delivery of my XTA. The salesperson had a hardtime locating the chrome one that I wanted from among the 20 Hexa sidesteps stacked. Your dealer is correct that the old one is discontinued. The new side steps were significantly heavier, not sure of the sturdiness though. It also has a sleeker profile, specially the tapered corners. I was in 2 minds but ended up picking the chrome one.
goswami.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 22:28   #2929
BHPian

Quote:

So my suggestion to you is that don't go by the looks alone and do make an informed choice. In my case I was told that the other side steps aren't available anymore and I decided to pick these as freebie.

Of course not going with looks. Was under the impression that it was as good as the other one.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th September 2017 at 09:28. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 7th September 2017, 14:37   #2930
BHPian

So after collecting my Arizona Blue XTA, my hands are itching to fine tune the already awesome package. Required inputs & suggestions from fellow members around it.

1. The Hexa branded rubber mats provided by the dealer are pathetic, has anyone come across any better mats that can be shipped across (am in the cowbelt). I came across one on ebay but not sure how it is.
- ebay- autofurnish 7D mats for Rs. 15000
3M Nomad mats custom fitted would be another choice, but the nearest dealer is 300 KMS away.

2. The Arizona Blue is a swell color, specially in the night. Want to maintain it like that. So thinking of giving it an Autoglym SRP, followed by Collinite 845 this weekend. Have glanced the 100 pages of polishing thread at TBHP & this is the gist I could gleam for new cars.

What do the esteemed members think ? Am I on the right path ?

Last edited by goswami.j : 7th September 2017 at 14:39. Reason: spacing
Old 7th September 2017, 19:56   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
So after collecting my Arizona Blue XTA, my hands are itching to fine tune the already awesome package. Required inputs & suggestions from fellow members around it.

1. The Hexa branded rubber mats provided by the dealer are pathetic, has anyone come across any better mats that can be shipped across (am in the cowbelt). I came across one on ebay but not sure how it is.
- ebay- autofurnish 7D mats for Rs. 15000
3M Nomad mats custom fitted would be another choice, but the nearest dealer is 300 KMS away.

2. The Arizona Blue is a swell color, specially in the night. Want to maintain it like that. So thinking of giving it an Autoglym SRP, followed by Collinite 845 this weekend. Have glanced the 100 pages of polishing thread at TBHP & this is the gist I could gleam for new cars.

What do the esteemed members think ? Am I on the right path ?
I too am looking for a fresh set of mats, preferably the transparent ones. Looked up on Amazon but could not find much. Looking for suggestions.
Old 7th September 2017, 23:54   #2932

Finally took delivery of my Arizona Blue XTA today afternoon. Had to change my booking from Tungsten Silver to Arizona Blue because the dealer could not secure Tungsten silver at TML Pune plan for more than 2 weeks. I didn't want to cut it too close to GST date and hence changed to Arizona Blue. No complaints whatsoever, Arizona Blue looks Fabulous!

My drive of about 30 Km from dealership to the residence was nice.I did not need lot t of time to adjust from my Etios Liva to Hexa though I did experience a bit of back pain at the end of the drive. At the moment, I am attributing it to my cautious driving posture and stance since I was adjusting to driving much larger vehicle in Mumbai madness on roads. I will try and observe it for few more days.

Since the side-steps are discussed in last few posts, here is my observation. The black sidesteps definitely look better than the chrome ones. I could check chrome ones on dealer demo car and the black ones on my vehicle. Both showed some amount of flex when I stood on them with full weight (85 Kg). Nothing serious in my opinion, but they definitely not rock solid.

I will start my exploration of features and controls tomorrow. Have decided to take a day's leave from work and get myself familiarised with the beast. Also planning to start putting thoughts on my purchase journey.

Here are the first few of photographs taken from the cellphone. Hopefully, many more will follow over the days to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170907_1620492.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170907_181210381_hdr-2.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170907_181243888_hdr-2.jpg  

SMILEY is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 01:22   #2933
BHPian

So, finally I bit the Hexa bullet.

After over a year of back and forth between the S-cross 1.6, Creta, City, happy that I went ahead with what stole my heart the moment my eyes landed on it.

And the timing could not have been more perfect, right in the sweet spot - GST-wise.

Welcome home my XT 4x4. I christen you the 'Juggernaut'.

Have a 1600km road trip planned this weekend. So looking forward to spending some immediate quality time with it. This should also help in (almost) completing the running-in period.

Would like to share a few pics, a proper photo-shoot is pending.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20170905_165331.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20170905_165129.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20170906_225724.jpg  

McLaren Roxx is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 07:02   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Awesome! Congratulation guys! Its good to see a deserving product doing well and making its owners happy. Keep us updated with the ownership reviews.
Old 8th September 2017, 08:22   #2935
BHPian

Wow! It's raining hexa delivery. Looks superbly stunning. Quick update - got a call from the dealer that my car has arrived at his stockyard. Will initiate RTO process soon.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:06   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Finally took delivery of my Arizona Blue XTA today afternoon.
Hi Smiley,

Congratulations for your new car. I would like to have a detailed breakup of the OTR you have paid for your car.
The breakup that I have as on date for XTA in Navi Mumbai is -
Basic Cost - 11,39,812/-
28% GST & 15% Cess - 4,90,119/- (I am not taking into account any increase in Cess as of now)
TCS - 16299/-
RTO receipt amount - 2,35,105/-
Agent Charges, Logistics, Handling & Showroom Charges - 12,702/-
Insurance (I have opted negotiated price, 73,000/- was quoted by showroom) - 47,148/-

Sums up to 19,41,185/- OTR (this includes free goodies like mud flaps, floor mats and some paint treatment for one time).

I am going to fight with TML to waive off the handling/logistics/showroom charges based on news reports and t-bhp threads of these charges being illegally levied on customers. So considering an additional reduction in OTR by 10,000/-.
Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
naddy
Old 8th September 2017, 10:36   #2937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 1715 units Hexa in August
Several of the Hexa deliveries are happening in September. Which means the sales numbers of September should also be high, for Hexa as well as other UVs and sedans.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 15:46   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
1. The Hexa branded rubber mats provided by the dealer are pathetic
Do they look like fish scales ? I thought its only who found them irritating. I hated them during the TD also . My shoe kept getting trapped in that and it was very distracting. So I will follow your search results too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Finally took delivery of my Arizona Blue XTA today afternoon. Had to change my booking from Tungsten Silver to Arizona Blue because the dealer could not secure Tungsten silver at TML Pune plan for more than 2 weeks.

Since the side-steps are discussed in last few posts, here is my observation. The black sidesteps definitely look better than the chrome ones. I could check chrome ones on dealer demo car and the black ones on my vehicle. Both showed some amount of flex when I stood on them with full weight (85 Kg). Nothing serious in my opinion, but they definitely not rock solid.
Congrats Smiley on the acquisition. The blue color looks stunning ! Relieved to read your opinion on the side steps. I did not get a chance to watch the flex/warp on the chrome steps. In fact I would correct myself and say that the warp I observed is on the brackets that attaches the step to chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
So, finally I bit the Hexa bullet.
Congrats McLaren Roxx. Good luck for the long trip !
What is the running-in period for Hexa. Is the concept still valid for the new age engines ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Wow! It's raining hexa delivery. Looks superbly stunning. Quick update - got a call from the dealer that my car has arrived at his stockyard. Will initiate RTO process soon.
Congrats KK RE Lover. I haven't been able to bring out my beast on the road yet owing to the pending RTO procedure. I know a lot of folks drive on the road with the temporary registration but in my case even the road tax is not paid yet due to the pending delivery of form 22 by TML. Got an update that the form is received today and the tax will be paid tomorrow and registration number is expected on Monday.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:56   #2939
BHPian

hi guys!!
After going through this thread 3 times a day,i am still confused whether to go for the jeep 4x2 Limited orelse the Hexa XTA. Enlighten me guys please.
Old 8th September 2017, 16:02   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
hi guys!!
After going through this thread 3 times a day,i am still confused whether to go for the jeep 4x2 Limited orelse the Hexa XTA. Enlighten me guys please.
Well, i don't think any tbhp guy has God gifted mind reading powers so sharing your criteria would help. The most basic check can be 5 seater or 7.
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks