Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2017, 16:52   #2971
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Prices Jacked Up, just received this from the SA who sold me my Hexa.

Prices still lower than the Launch Price Though.

Edit: The 19' Alloys are available for 13500 a piece.
So what does the hike translate into at your location ?
eg: For XTA it appears to be 1707805 - 1620374 = Rs. 87431. i.e. 5% increase

There would be the corresponding increase in road tax etc. which are computed ex-showroom prices.
Old 14th September 2017, 16:56   #2972
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
So what does the hike translate into at your location ?
Hard for me to compute as I took in Insurance from outside, had some of the things as freebies, but yes, as you have stated it is less than 10% for sure.

When I took mine, there was no green tax levied and the handling charges were also waived off.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 17:46   #2973
BHPian

Photos of installed Webasto sunroof on the Hexa XT (not mine). Had gone to the dealer to handover some documents and luckily got to experience an installed sunroof on a car awaiting delivery.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

As per the accessories in-charge, this is the only model that is made available from the factory to the dealers that too on order. The technician visits from factory/webasto (not sure) with his own tools and equipment's and is a one day install job for him.
The operation of the sunroof was flawless, has one touch operation, wind deflector. Also, it has key-off auto close feature which is a good add on. Didn't check anti-pinch function availability.

The sunroof looks nice and wide from the top.
naddy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 18:23   #2974

Handling charges are back? I noticed 9500 in the above list. Is this legal?
Old 14th September 2017, 20:16   #2975

Quote:
After a week and some 300 Kms on the odo (only weekends) noticed the following 2 issues with my XTA.
1. The right front tyre seems to be wearing out abnormally fast. Edges are already frayed/eaten away ! Not sure if the MRF wanderers are at fault or the alignment is out. Rear tyres look fine.
2. There seems to be a creaking sound all around the front when I go over a bump slowly. The side step flexing is the culprit ? It is the TML accessory.
3. Unable to connect using usb to the Connectnext infotainment system, my OnePlus3T. Over blue-tooth the phone is recognised & works flawlessly however Navimaps not available. Read somewhere that ConnectNext has issues with recognising OP3T phones.

Other than that it is an awesome package, enjoying every bit of it.

Will have it checked at the TML dealer this weekend.
Please update us once you manage to find a solution from the dealership.

I have an XTA with just 250 Km on the odometer. While I haven't looked for the tyre wear (will check tomorrow), I am also facing both the other points you have mentioned. my One Plus doesn't connect through USB. For now, I have started using another old android phone for music and maps which seem to be working fine.

I get two distinct sounds, one from the driver side when the front right wheel goes in a pothole while the other comes from the left side, a continuous low vibration sound (that gets drowned in the blower noise ).

No other complaints though. The average was showing 8.1 when I took the delivery and has moved to 9.3 now. Hoping that it crosses 10 as early as possible.
Old 14th September 2017, 20:50   #2976
BHPian

Although the webasto based sunroof looks enticing, I saw a YouTube video of a fellow hexa owner complaining of rain water seeping through the front end. I think one should always opt for factory fitted sunroof because circumstances and poor roads always overcome good craftsmanship.
Vikvkv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 21:26   #2977
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
Although the webasto based sunroof looks enticing, I saw a YouTube video of a fellow hexa owner complaining of rain water seeping through the front end. I think one should always opt for factory fitted sunroof because circumstances and poor roads always overcome good craftsmanship.
+1. Do all models of Hexa come with pre-wiring for the sun roof? If not I wonder from where the power is being tapped.

Also, what happens to the metal around which the cutting is done to accommodate the sun roof? Rust proofing needs to be ensured here.

The last thing any owner would want is pay a hefty 90K and end up with electrical and water leakage/rusting issues!
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 23:27   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post

my One Plus doesn't connect through USB.
Quote:
3. Unable to connect using usb to the Connectnext infotainment system, my OnePlus3T. Over blue-tooth the phone is recognised & works flawlessly however Navimaps not available. Read somewhere that ConnectNext has issues with recognising OP3T phones.
My wife uses a one plus 3t and she is having trouble connecting using Bluetooth. I believe there was a recent oxygen os update. Please see if some setting was changed to default or some app needs permission. I think it has to do with the software. I will try to figure it out too.
Old 15th September 2017, 00:09   #2979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
My wife uses a one plus 3t and she is having trouble connecting using Bluetooth. I believe there was a recent oxygen os update. Please see if some setting was changed to default or some app needs permission. I think it has to do with the software. I will try to figure it out too.
OnePlus 3T is a real pain when it comes to playing music over Bluetooth in Hexa. It's just not streaming after the recent update. I never managed to play music via Google Play Music, but Tata's own JukeBox app worked. Now, even in that app, all I get is a "Playing from phone" message on the screen and sound.
Old 15th September 2017, 00:28   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
OnePlus 3T is a real pain when it comes to playing music over Bluetooth in Hexa
Lots of folks are having these issues it seems. Please see if these steps help.

Make sure that no power saving mode is enabled.

Start by turning the Bluetooth on your device off and back on again.

If the problem continues, clear the cache for Bluetooth by going to the Bluetooth Settings.

Restart the phone after clearing the data and cache.

If the Bluetooth device saves multiple profiles, you might have reached the limit for the number of profiles it can save. Delete old and unused profiles, and try setting up the connection once again from scratch.
Old 15th September 2017, 01:21   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Lots of folks are having these issues it seems. Please see if these steps help.

Make sure that no power saving mode is enabled.

Start by turning the Bluetooth on your device off and back on again.

If the problem continues, clear the cache for Bluetooth by going to the Bluetooth Settings.

Restart the phone after clearing the data and cache.

If the Bluetooth device saves multiple profiles, you might have reached the limit for the number of profiles it can save. Delete old and unused profiles, and try setting up the connection once again from scratch.
I've done all that and then quite a bit more. Just doesn't work. It's a phone issue, as other phones pair and stream perfectly. OnePlus 3T and Hexa's ConnectNext, their kundlis just don't match. Streaming has been an issue since Day 1. Didn't work in any way in the beginning. Started to work via JukeCar app after an update. Stopped working after another.
Old 15th September 2017, 01:54   #2982
P21
BHPian

Hello All,

We were in a process of buying a new car in the seven seater segment within 20 Lakhs on road and shortlisted Mahindra XUV and TATA Hexa based on our requirements.

This happened in July, 2017. We are in Mysuru, Karnataka and made a call to both India Garage of Mahindra and Urs Cars of TATA to enquire about the test drives. Response from Mahindra was lethargic. We made many calls for a test drive and they did not confirm any of them. XUV is already a proven vehicle and reluctance for a test drive from Mahindra was not a welcoming part.

On the other hand, there come the TATAs. I was a keen observer of TATA's changed approach towards passenger cars. First it was The Bolt, then Zest and now Tiago. Release of Hexa added colors to their changed philosophy. Our sales adviser Mr. Medappa, an energetic youngster was enthusiastic to offer a test drive immediately. We were given a test drive and drove on the outer ring road of Mysuru to understand the basic functions. We were impressed. Few days passed. We requested SA to provide us an off-road test drive and he happily came with a XTA variant. We, five people and SA went for a test drive on a field where there were no roads at all. I must say, Hexa really performed well.

However, we were yet to test drive a Mahindra XUV. Finally, XUV arrived and we were astonished to see a brand new vehicle which was scheduled to deliver for someone else. This was not ethical. We just drove for two kilometers and returned. Neither the Vehicle nor the Mahindra approach impressed us. We decided not to go for it. I guess, Hexa had already occupied us in our mind.

Days passed. August arrived. We were busy in our day to day activities. There comes the shocker in the form of increased cess. Soon hearing the news, we booked Hexa - XT 4x2 - Arizona Blue in the last week of August, 2017. Our SA and show room guys did not had any clue on the billing and were not willing to commit for a vehicle whose pricing is prior to increase in cess. They kept us in dark till 14th of September 2017, yesterday. Here below is the revised price and my observations.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-price.jpg
  1. SA told us Tax Collected at Source (TCS) is refundable in the next quarter. Require some input on this.

2. Total Road Tax = 17% of the Ex-showroom price + 11% additional on 17% tax. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. Insurance - Negotiating with dealer and different insurance agents for a better offer.

4. Prior to increase in Cess, Registration and Logistics charges were INR 3500 and INR 2000 respectively, total of which is INR 5500. Now with the revised pricing, they have clubbed both these charges and quoting us INR 11500. I have asked the SA to cancel these charges. He promised to come back after discussing with his higher ups.

5. Vehicle warranty - 3 Years or 100000 Kms, whichever is earlier.
    With Extended Warranty - 5 Years or 150000 Kms, whichever is earlier.

Hence required.

6. Maintenance - Quoted Annual Maintenance Package cost is INR 23167 and will be for 2 Years or 40000 Kms whichever is earlier. Will go for this after initial 10000 Kms.

7. Standard fitments include mud flaps, floor mats, Door handle chrome and a 3M body polish. Do I have a room to negotiate here?

Require feedback.

Regards,
P21
P21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 03:10   #2983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21 View Post
Maintenance - Quoted Annual Maintenance Package cost is INR 23167 and will be for 2 Years or 40000 Kms whichever is earlier. Will go for this after initial 10000 Kms.
I think You will need to get the AMC within 45 days of purchase. Hence pls get this clarified.

Gold AMC will need Extended Wty to be in place. Good if you can go for Gold, for suitably longer duration as per your budget.

Make sure the Extended Wty is registered with TML.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 08:27   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21 View Post
There comes the shocker in the form of increased cess.
A few of us here in TeamBHP are in the same boat including me. I had booked XTA early this month after receiving assurance that it will be pre-compensation cess pricing. But to our dismay, on 11th Sep (Cess is w.e.f this date), the SAs started calling everyone - this happened in dealerships across all brands - to inform that the pre-cess offer won't be possible. But then our dealer seemed to have been engaging heavily with Tata Motors to get the pre-cess rates possible and still they are on flip-flop mode. But there seems to be a silver lining somewhere, yet we are not sure. Hope air will be clear in couple of days since the fresh shipments are in transit from the assembly (again, according to the dealer).

As for your offer - Please put pressure enough on the dealer and get a much better bargain. Eg: Insurance cost can go down about 10k more (this is with return to invoice etc). Since it will be Tata AIG, you will get a better deal for sure. In my case, the dealer has good gestures and are on backfoot a bit since around 13 XTA bookings are blocked in the dealership - lot of money for them. In fact, XTs were offered on pre-cess pricing and quite a lot of them were on their stock yard.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 10:25   #2985
BHPian

My Hexa completed 10,000 Km, and just less than 6 months last month end. I took it for servicing during last month end.
I had two complaints,
1) first was the creaking noise from the right wing mirror when it was folding
2) second was the rear wiper which was ineffective.

Apart from the above I asked them to change the engine oil, even though the first oil change comes up only at 20K. I am still not convinced that the machining of the various engine components is so smooth that the first change is at 20K... Call me old fashioned. . In my Grande MKII i used to change the engine oil earlier than recommended and even at 1.25 Lakh KM the engine was as smooth as on day one.

They replaced both the wing mirror and wiper under guarantee. The wing mirror had to be painted before installation. But I found that the paint has already peeled off at the bottom. I also noted a noise from the suspension when taking a tight turn and when the rear wheel goes over a bump. Apart from these complaints I had no other issues. To rectify these I had to leave the car again for a couple of days and got it back yesterday.

I also fixed the side steps since elderly people were finding it difficult to climb into the car. It is the one without the chrome strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170915_093330110.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170915_093339407.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170915_093433559.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170915_093508630.jpg  

arulpeem is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks