Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 11:14   #2986
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Please update us once you manage to find a solution from the dealership.

I get two distinct sounds, one from the driver side when the front right wheel goes in a pothole while the other comes from the left side, a continuous low vibration sound (that gets drowned in the blower noise ).
Get the side steps checked if you have one. 99% this should be the culprit of this squealing noise. I had the same issue and the side step was aligned as it was rubbing with the chassis.

Regards
Sandy
SaNdY_AR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 17:19   #2987

All dealers in Pune have logistics and handling charges up to 9500 in their new price lists. Can someone please confirm how we can prove if this is illegal?
Old 15th September 2017, 20:12   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojkd View Post
All dealers in Pune have logistics and handling charges up to 9500 in their new price lists. Can someone please confirm how we can prove if this is illegal?
Hi Manoj,

If you dig deeper, they are additionally charging ₹ 5000/- as showroom charges too! And these charges are cleverly hidden under the RTO registration charges without providing the breakup.
Go through my previous posts -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4265683 & http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4266199

Shoot an e-mail to TML customer care. That is what I have done. Today I received a call from some TML person and he said he has forwarded the details to GM-Fortune Cars for further actions.

I would request existing owners and advise buyers in the pipeline to send an e-mail to TML and maybe finally upon receiving hundreds of mails from all over India; the manufacturer may issue straight away guidelines to the dealers to either stop or lower these charges. Similarly for all other manufacturers, because this issue is faced by customers of almost all manufacturers.

Would be easier for manufacturers and customers this way, than going the legal route like the techie from Hyderabad did against Hyundai (link - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...g-charges.html).
naddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 09:58   #2989

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21 View Post

1. SA told us Tax Collected at Source (TCS) is refundable in the next quarter. Require some input on this.

2. Total Road Tax = 17% of the Ex-showroom price + 11% additional on 17% tax. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. Insurance - Negotiating with dealer and different insurance agents for a better offer.

4. Prior to increase in Cess, Registration and Logistics charges were INR 3500 and INR 2000 respectively, total of which is INR 5500. Now with the revised pricing, they have clubbed both these charges and quoting us INR 11500. I have asked the SA to cancel these charges. He promised to come back after discussing with his higher ups.

5. Vehicle warranty - 3 Years or 100000 Kms, whichever is earlier.
    With Extended Warranty - 5 Years or 150000 Kms, whichever is earlier.

Hence required.

6. Maintenance - Quoted Annual Maintenance Package cost is INR 23167 and will be for 2 Years or 40000 Kms whichever is earlier. Will go for this after initial 10000 Kms.

7. Standard fitments include mud flaps, floor mats, Door handle chrome and a 3M body polish. Do I have a room to negotiate here?

Require feedback.

Regards,
P21
my inputs:

TCS can be claimed when we file for our taxes. the dealer has to provide the TCS certificate for the claim. Just the invoice will not do. I have asked concorde for the same. should get it eventually. have time till march this year.

Road tax - will leave it to experts in the forum.

Insurance - I got a better deal from Tata aig online. opted for Tata aig as they had cashless option. went with the pearl package. National insurance would be cheaper but not cashless.

Extended warranty / AMC - my SA advised that ex-warranty can be purchased within a year (with slightly higher price)
AMC would be useful if kms accumulated is higher than 1L kms in 3years. As it is , he mentioned that TML has been supportive for hexa on all minor niggles. I did not opt for the AMC.

standard fitments - push them for 3M polish for free. mud flaps are factory fitted. The rubber floor mats provided to me are no good. I am thinking of the noodle mats.
pk3977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 17:50   #2990
P21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think You will need to get the AMC within 45 days of purchase. Hence pls get this clarified.
Spoke to Tata Service Manager Mr. Vijaykanth at Urs Cars, Mysore. He clarified us on AMC. We can opt for AMC anytime within the first schedule oil change. That is before the vehicle clocks 20000 Kms or before one year whichever is earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post

As for your offer - Please put pressure enough on the dealer and get a much better bargain. Eg: Insurance cost can go down about 10k more (this is with return to invoice etc).
Please clarify on 'return to invoice' thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk3977 View Post
my inputs:

TCS can be claimed when we file for our taxes. the dealer has to provide the TCS certificate for the claim. Just the invoice will not do. I have asked concorde for the same. should get it eventually. have time till march this year.

standard fitments - push them for 3M polish for free. mud flaps are factory fitted. The rubber floor mats provided to me are no good. I am thinking of the noodle mats.
TCS - He will be giving us a TCS certificate against which we have to claim TCS amount.

Standard fitments - Mud flaps, Door handle chrome fitment, Floor mats and 3M Body polish has been put around Rs. 8025. Are you sure the Mud flaps are factory fitted? I am seeing a negotiation here.

Regards
P21
Old 16th September 2017, 18:43   #2991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please clarify on 'return to invoice' thing.
Return to Invoice or Invoice cover is nothing but the insurance company paying you the invoice value in case of total loss without deducting any depreciation on the invoice cost of the vehicle.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 19:13   #2992

Quote:
Are you sure the Mud flaps are factory fitted? I am seeing a negotiation here.

Regards
P21
Yes. I was charged 2300 as basic accessories. was told it included mats and mudflaps. when questioned, he sheepishly agreed that they are part of factory fitments.

rgds
pk
pk3977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 19:53   #2993
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Poor service experience and humiliation by tata motors official

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Hello guys, I am putting up this post on the behalf of a friend called Anubhav Lamba. It's a classic example of how poor after sales and their bad attitude can spoil a brilliant product like Hexa. Here are some details about the car and the owner:
UPDATE:

A quick complaint to Tata motors along with a couple of chained e-mails (Special thanks to T-BHP members @Damodar and @PK_Del; and a couple of enthusiastic owners), Tata motors looked very seriously into the issue. MR. Vikas Rana got what he deserved and apologized to the customer over phone call as well as physically.

How things turned out?
First of all Mr. Vikas apologized to the owner and offered to cover all the expenses he has beared and will bear in future too, to bring the car to his A.S.S.

The experts from Tata motors visited the dealership and took a thorough look at the car, they agreed that this particular car indeed has issues and the noise is by no ways normal (Point to note: many self claimed experts declared that normal). They recorded the data, which in turn was sent to the R&D facility and after around 1 month, the car went through an ECU update.

Now the issue is completely rectified with the noise being normal and Mr. Rai is simply enjoying the drive.

In the meanwhile:
Mr. Rai got contacted by one of the well known publication as they wanted an article on his car, here is a copy of final article (I won't call for the name of publication); this gives us a brief idea of how our auto publications work:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-e2b95d28434b408a827b3e2b7c18dd2a.jpg
VKumar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 14:50   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks naddy! Will write to TML immediately.
Quick update - after the mails and phone calls, yesterday Fortune Cars invited me and we negotiated on the handling charges. I didn't go for hard negotiations as Fortune Cars had been helpful in ensuring that I get the pre-cess hike benefits which was almost around a lakh. So, I am happy with whatever I am offered (would not want to disclose it here, since you may not be offered the same negotiations. Maybe you could get a 100% waiver ).

Anyways, I am unhappy that TML diverted my query/complaint back to the dealer, which was not what I was expecting. I wanted TML to come clear with these charges levied at the dealer level.

Another thing to note is, that now the Quote includes a separate head of 'Handling Charges'; which, till last month was not specifically mentioned in the quote.

My interpretation of these charges is that, dealer should provide a proper statement of the expenditure he has occurred for actual handling of my single car and then, he can claim it from me only after providing a receipt for the same (correct me because I think I am wrong here).

I would still suggest everyone concerned to drop a mail to TML as I still feel it is not a legal charge.

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th September 2017 at 10:35. Reason: Added spaces properly. Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 17:27   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
In my quote, the only questionable item was accessories, which they agreed to take off. I got a very good insurance quote online which dealer was not able to match. Still he tried to coerce me to buy insurance from him with some vague blackmail that they may not be able to help with paperwork for cashless claims if the insurance is not from him and some unconvincing statement that it is compulsory to buy from him. When I asked him to match the online quote, he expressed inability and accepted the online insurance. I think that logistics and handling is not from Tata and is by the dealer. Note that this is a Jorhat dealer where transportation is around 3000kms from Pune. Still there are no logistics/handling charges.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-quote.jpeg  

Old 17th September 2017, 17:34   #2996

I have checked with my contacts in TML and the handling and logistics charges are not from Company. I will not buy the vehicle with these charges. I am negotiating with the dealer to get these removed from my quote. Will post once the deal is through.
Old 18th September 2017, 09:19   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
My Hexa completed 10,000 Km, and just less than 6 months last month end. I took it for servicing during last month end.
I had two complaints,
1) first was the creaking noise from the right wing mirror when it was folding
2) second was the rear wiper which was ineffective.
I forgot to add one thing. Being the 10K service, tyre rotation is also to be done as part of the routine service activities. I had specifically asked Concorde guys to ensure this when leaving the car and also when they called in between and also before delivery. They confirmed that they had done the rotation and this included the spare wheel too. When I checked it on delivery to my dismay, I found that they had just swapped the spare with the rear left. The remaining ones have not been rotated at all. I had marked all of them with indelible ink before I gave it for service. . For me the rotation is very important to extract the maximum from the tyres along with regular wheel alignment. And our tyres are going cost a bomb when we replace them. So every extra Km matters.

I had to complain and the next day they sent someone to do the rotation. Today when I was checking air pressure I found that the spare wheel is fixed inside out and I can't fill/check air in it since the valve can not be reached. This is the level of knowledge of the workmen in Concorde ECR.

What I wonder is, how I do I know that they would have done the other things like clearing of air filter, etc, which can not be physically verified by us. Do I suspect even the oil change? If this is the competency level of service in Concorde, who do I trust?

So please ensure that the tyres are rotated correctly during the 10K service.

PS:
My Grande MKII tyres had last 85K Km and still had nearly 4mm depth when I changed the tyres only because of the care taken.
arulpeem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 09:48   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I found that the spare wheel is fixed inside out and I can't fill/check air in it since the valve can not be reached.

Am hearing it for the first time. How did they fit inside out in the first place? Didnt the tire protrude too much out of the wheel arch? How did they get enough clearance to even tighten the bolts?
Old 18th September 2017, 10:28   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post

Am hearing it for the first time. How did they fit inside out in the first place? Didnt the tire protrude too much out of the wheel arch? How did they get enough clearance to even tighten the bolts?
No, i think he meant that the spare wheel was fixed the other way round on the clamp below the boot. Not installed inside out as a wheel!
I don't think anyone could be so incompetent too, save for a kid or a guy high on alcohol!
Old 18th September 2017, 10:46   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
OnePlus 3T is a real pain when it comes to playing music over Bluetooth in Hexa. It's just not streaming after the recent update. I never managed to play music via Google Play Music, but Tata's own JukeBox app worked. Now, even in that app, all I get is a "Playing from phone" message on the screen and sound.
Updated to the 3.40 version. Most of the issues resolved. OP3T now connects over USB & the navimaps are displayed seamlessly on the infotainment system.

Surprised why Tata did not ship with this updated firmware when my Hexa is a 3rd week Aug'17 manufactured one.

Last edited by goswami.j : 18th September 2017 at 10:46. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks