Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:55   #3091
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
2) FE reported by the MID and the actual ( kms/ fuel refilled ), differs by around 2 kmpl.

Has anyone else noticed the difference in Fuel Efficiency ?
Almost all cars display higher FE figures on MID. In my cruze, the difference has always been 1.5kmpl consistently. Looks like even in your case it is around 1.5kmpl difference and ~10% difference is ok to be ignored.
Old 3rd October 2017, 16:56   #3092
BHPian

Test drove the Hexa XT yesterday.
1. Power, torque, braking, visibility, handling all were excellent. Driving it just after a drive in MS Swift in moderate traffic conditions was an easy task.
2. Sales guy was very well aware about the features and capabilities of the vehicle and he left no stone unturned in demonstrating the features like ESP, abs with all disk brakes, roll over mitigation, dual zone a.c. etc.
3. I found steering to be more vague than ecosport and swift. Also, the brake didn't have a feeling of gradual application.
4. Gearshift was extremely smooth as against the reviews of autocar and others.
5. Bench seating is ideal for families.
6. Comfort is great on rough patches but breakers are handled in a similar fashion as innova. High ground clearance is a boon.
7. Rear seats are adequate for medium heighted people and cabin is airy even back there.
8. Family was completely impressed with the vehicle.
gatsby_great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:18   #3093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby_great View Post
3. I found steering to be more vague than ecosport and swift. Also, the brake didn't have a feeling of gradual application.
This I find interesting. Swift with its EPS while precise in steering, has minimal "feedback" of what the tires are giving on the ground actually. Which is inherent of the EPS design in any car. If the HEXA's steering is more vague than a Swift EPS, it is interesting indeed...
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:08   #3094
BHPian

The Evo and Tata Motors have posted this good video for Hexa on off-road tips and tricks which can help the monster get out of the situation with ease.

Here is the Link:
https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...77205835198467

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:53   #3095
BHPian

[quote=smsrini;4279922]

1) Dirt / mud accumulates on the rear door sil due to water splashing from the rear wheel. Need some kind of a front mud flap as well at the rear.

That's the first thing I noticed. It really soils the door sil. Have you come across front mud flaps? Haven't noticed in any car.

3) Low beam is woefully bad on the highway, and barely sufficient in city especially when it rains. Has anyone upgraded the bulbs ? Any suggestions ?

I had the same question too sometime back. But got no response. I'm also looking to change the bulbs. Probably will get on the streets to figure out.
Old 5th October 2017, 09:26   #3096
BANNED

Quote:
3) Low beam is woefully bad on the highway, and barely sufficient in city especially when it rains. Has anyone upgraded the bulbs ? Any suggestions ?
I have been facing the same issue with my Aria. Tried 100W H7s with relay and wiring harness but there was not much improvement and the 100W bulb went kaput couple of times so I was forced to revert back to the same bulb that came with the car from the factory which hasn't given up even now .

However, I recently picked up H7 LEDs and have posted about the same in the auto lighting thread. Below is the link to the post. For now I have just posted initial impressions and will post a detailed experience once I do a long drive or two.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4280832
Old 5th October 2017, 09:40   #3097
BHPian

[quote=KK RE Lover;4280310]
Quote:

1) Dirt / mud accumulates on the rear door sil due to water splashing from the rear wheel. Need some kind of a front mud flap as well at the rear.

That's the first thing I noticed. It really soils the door sil. Have you come across front mud flaps? Haven't noticed in any car.
In my Punto, this is a usual thing that happens. But it isn't of any concern since the cabin is well insulated - this mud/dirt will just settle near the door sil. A set of good mud flaps should solve this permanently.
Old 5th October 2017, 18:31   #3098
BHPian

As Srinivas (smsrini) posted, I too had long drive in the Hexa during the holiday and extended weekend.

Since this indeed was the first long drive and in running-in period, a few observations.

1. The engine does change in its character from being coarse to a certain smoothness after 1500kms. I did maintain a max speed of 100-110 kmph during this run.

2. The real use of 'Çomfort' mode can be felt on the highway. Ones who enjoy relaxed drives on highway will appreciate it. Switching from 'Rough Road' or 'Auto' to 'Comfort' makes engine quieter and at ease.

3. The engine or turbo 'gargle' sound is a lot reduced and almost absent in Comfort mode. In both Auto and RR mode any quick change in RPM can make this sound.

4. After one gets used to the shifting pattern, gear shifts are slick.

After the change from my 2.2 Dicor Safari, one thing I realize is the need to be more careful with corners of the Hexa, especially in turns in tight spaces.
Old 5th October 2017, 22:56   #3099
BHPian

[quote=KK RE Lover;4280310]
Quote:

I too face the same mud accumulation problem. I saw front mud flaps in the rear tyres of Tata Nexon (see below pics) recently but the dealer didn't have the flaps in stock. I'll try getting later for the Hexa and hopefully the problem should be resolved.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170928_123031.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170928_123046.jpg  

grkonweb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:17   #3100
BHPian

TATA after sales service quality

Had my Hexa XTA delivered in the 3rd week of August. After a day or so, I was told by my better half that she is not confident to step on the side step provided by Tata as an accessory and she regrets that we had paid 16K for the same. Further comment was that I should have checked for various other side steps in the market, which was non-Tata and then should have decided. Felt grim and unhappy about these comments on a brand which I had reinstated my faith. Shot out a mail to Tata CS questioning them on their quality of the accessory that they sell for a product which is their flagship. I had no much expectation from TATA CS. To my surprise, a day later, received a call from the dealer, enquiring about the problem, explained the same. The dealer’s accessory manager (KHT motors) came to my apartment, took couple of photos of the side step with a person standing on them and told me that they will get back to me with an answer from Tata.

A couple of days later , I was called by the dealer’s accessory manager to inform that TATA has approved a brand new side step of a better make and appearance which was much more sturdy. They explained that this side step was introduced recently and was not available when the delivery of my hexa was being done. Furthermore, there would be no extra costs that has to be borne by me and not even the labor costs. The entire costs would be borne by TATA.

Boy was I impressed. Of course, yes. I have no knowledge of any such stories from another reputed brand and this episode reconfirmed that my decision to restore faith on TATA was absolutely right.

TATA HEXA XTA.

Regards
Sandy
SaNdY_AR is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:59   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post

TATA HEXA XTA.
This is encouraging. Especially when I am waiting for delivery of XTA.

Can you please share pictures of old and new side steps ?
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:09   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post

Had my Hexa XTA delivered in the 3rd week of August. After a day or so, I was told by my better half that she is not confident to step on the side step provided by Tata as an accessory and she regrets that we had paid 16K for the same.

TATA HEXA XTA.

Regards
Sandy
That was a real quick and positive response from the company and dealership. Good you raised it to the customer service team and not let it pass off.

Could you pls share more details for everyone's benefit

1. Pictures of both side step models
2. exact issue with the earlier model ( was it buckling under the weight of a person ? or was fit and finish poor etc )

Will be useful for prospective buyers to opt for the better option at the time of their purchase.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:25   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
That was a real quick and positive response from the company and dealership. Good you raised it to the customer service team and not let it pass off.

Could you pls share more details for everyone's benefit

1. Pictures of both side step models
2. exact issue with the earlier model ( was it buckling under the weight of a person ? or was fit and finish poor etc )

Will be useful for prospective buyers to opt for the better option at the time of their purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
This is encouraging. Especially when I am waiting for delivery of XTA.

Can you please share pictures of old and new side steps ?
I am not able to find the pics of the old side steps and I certainly can post the new ones later in the day.

With the previous side steps, Yes it was buckling under weight. The most important thing is that the new ones are little more wider than the old ones. It does not buckle under weight. The old ones had lots of chrome and the new ones have less chrome.

Regards
Sandy
Old 6th October 2017, 15:40   #3104
BHPian

Hi all,

I am interested in the AT Variant of the Hexa and wanted to know any owner's reviews and experience of owning the car.

Just a few points of mention though.
I have never owned a car of this size, so how does it feel while driving through the daily traffic (start-stop) in say, Delhi & Noida (I stay in Delhi, and work in Noida). Usual travelling is about 40 kms every day. Other travel like evenings out, weekends etc. is debatable. Nothing outside of state though.

What about the maintenance of the car. How does it fair? And after sales service?

Is it recommended to get the version with Bench or Captain Seats?

What about the luggage space. I see that with the 3 rows up, there is like no place at all. And even with the third row down, space is not as I expected. Maybe I misjudged so, if someone can clarify this, that would be great.

Any other points or notes of interest that you guys can share with me, would be nice, as it can help me in making a decision.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th October 2017, 15:52   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Just a few points of mention though.
I have never owned a car of this size, so how does it feel while driving through the daily traffic (start-stop) in say, Delhi & Noida (I stay in Delhi, and work in Noida). Usual travelling is about 40 kms every day. Other travel like evenings out, weekends etc. is debatable. Nothing outside of state though.
Dear TkyoPandaMan,
You can find so many comments and experiences on the vehicle in the same thread, if you find time to go through. But none of those comments can satisfy you better than you going to a dealership and test drive one .
All the best and happy motoring.
I do not think, HEXA will disappoint you.

Last edited by Hickstead : 6th October 2017 at 15:55.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed