Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 16:41   #3106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hi all,

I am interested in the AT Variant of the Hexa and wanted to know any owner's reviews and experience of owning the car.

Just a few points of mention though.
I have never owned a car of this size, so how does it feel while driving through the daily traffic (start-stop) in say, Delhi & Noida (I stay in Delhi, and work in Noida). Usual travelling is about 40 kms every day. Other travel like evenings out, weekends etc. is debatable. Nothing outside of state though.

What about the maintenance of the car. How does it fair? And after sales service?

Is it recommended to get the version with Bench or Captain Seats?

What about the luggage space. I see that with the 3 rows up, there is like no place at all. And even with the third row down, space is not as I expected. Maybe I misjudged so, if someone can clarify this, that would be great.

Any other points or notes of interest that you guys can share with me, would be nice, as it can help me in making a decision.

Thanks in advance
I am not an owner but have test driven Hexa quite a lot when I was in process of upgrade. Hexa is a big car and makes its presence felt when driving in heavy traffic. It is not something you can squeeze through traffic.
Captain seats for comfort and bench seats for practicality.
You have decent luggage space with 3 rows up, can carry luggage of 7 passengers for 2-3 days.
Frankly speaking Hexa is a great product from Tata and equally good as Innova(which I bought). The only reason I went with Innova was because I was not convinced of investing 20+lacs on a newly launched car which is yet to establish itself in the market.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:44   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I am interested in the AT Variant of the Hexa and wanted to know any owner's reviews and experience of owning the car.

Just a few points of mention though.
I have never owned a car of this size, so how does it feel while driving through the daily traffic (start-stop) in say, Delhi & Noida (I stay in Delhi, and work in Noida). Usual travelling is about 40 kms every day. Other travel like evenings out, weekends etc. is debatable. Nothing outside of state though.

What about the maintenance of the car. How does it fair? And after sales service?

What about the luggage space. I see that with the 3 rows up, there is like no place at all. And even with the third row down, space is not as I expected. Maybe I misjudged so, if someone can clarify this, that would be great.

Any other points or notes of interest that you guys can share with me, would be nice, as it can help me in making a decision.

Thanks in advance
I will answer three of your points
1. My friend has same worry and he also lives in Noida. He was driving a zen , I told him there will no problem its just a matter of 1-2 weeks then you can drive it like zen. He is now very happy with the decision and he told me that he no more feels its something different.

2. Its lot of space with rear seat fold, I drive usually with lot of luggage and it eats everything. If you don't fold rear seat then you can put 2 cabin luggage and few small shopping bags.

3. Captain seats Vs bench depends on your uses, with lot of luggage if you don't have roof carrier then its 4 seater car vs 5 with bench seat.

Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 18:19   #3108
Senior - BHPian

What are the monthly numbers for Hexa? I am really surprised that this car is still a rare sight on the roads.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:27   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Ans: For start-stop traffic, go for XTA variant for its effortless driving in the city. Trust me, you'll never be tired of the mad traffic & long highway rides. Just drive for 5-10 kms, you'll get used to the dimensions and driving shouldn't be a problem at all. Of course, no gully driving though, avoid as much as possible.

Ans: If you drive more than 15000 kms per annum, I suggest you go for AMC package. After sales service has improved by leaps and bounds and TASS gives special attention to Hexa customers. Of course, build good rapport with the service advisor and it will be beneficial.

Ans: This depends on usage requirements. For comfort go for Captain seats, for practical use like if you have large family especially with kids then go for bench seats as kids may like to sleep in long drives. Bench seats will never make you regret as you will never have to say no to the 7th occupant!

Ans: Luggage space though small is good enough for couple of medium sized suitcases and bags. In fact, the luggage space was the clincher for me. I did a comparison with XUV and felt after spending 20L+ still if you need to add roof carrier, it didn't make sense. Hexa wins hands down in luggage space, it's a bit lengthier than XUV & Innova. I'd suggest you do a back-to-back test drive & detailed inspection of XUV and Hexa and I'm sure you'll notice the key differences.

Ans: Where Hexa scores big time is the VFM factor - ride quality, road manners (ride handling), plush interiors, huge road presence, rock solid build (feels like a tank), safety features, ICE with speakers (Harman + JBL speakers), luggage space, premium meaningful features (unlike the Chinese gizmos that competition offers), etc

There are no major issues reported about vehicle engine or reliability issues since its launch. As most of the electronics have been in use in Zest & Bolt for last few years, they aren't a problem in Hexa.

It's not yet a mass market vehicle like competition, so Hexa owners enjoy being in the exclusive club and enjoy all the attention it receives on the road.

If you are looking for long term ownership (7-10 years) then go for Hexa XTA , it'll serve you well. Don't worry about resale value as you are buying this car for your usage.

Read through this thread as much as you can and do extensive test drive before deciding your car. Best wishes!

Last edited by grkonweb : 6th October 2017 at 18:33. Reason: Additional information
grkonweb is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 20:51   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

You can go through my review here:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184562

Having upgraded from a santro, i took exactly two weeks to get adjusted and i love driving this around, jockeying in traffic signals for the perfect position!

I have the manual variant but would advice you to go for an automatic if most of your drive is in city. Heck, it may be easier than driving your small manual car for all you know!

Coming to stuffs like luggage space and other things, you can go through my review in the link above.

Here's another ownership thread of a fellow BHPian which is much more detailed and comprehensive:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187463

Last edited by abhi7013 : 6th October 2017 at 20:53.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 23:20   #3111
BHPian

[quote=grkonweb;4281800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post

I too face the same mud accumulation problem. I saw front mud flaps in the rear tyres of Tata Nexon (see below pics) recently but the dealer didn't have the flaps in stock. I'll try getting later for the Hexa and hopefully the problem should be resolved.

Thanks GRK. This looks pretty cool. I think we all will need these. Let me know when you fix this? By the way, did anyone at the dealer confirm if nexon's could be used for Hexa?
KK RE Lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 19:21   #3112
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review-880fc94413b64e4d9b9958eba3145781.jpeg

Found this on Twitter
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 08:55   #3113
Team-BHP Support

Doing rounds on whatsapp -

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171009wa0003.jpg

Original source not known.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 09:22   #3114
BANNED

Bangalore Hexians had their 4th breakfast meet yesterday. There was good participation with around 15 cars - to an extent we ran of of parking space at the venue

Below are few pictures of the meet.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171008wa0002.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171008wa0018.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171008wa0000.jpg  

Kishen.padiyar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 09:28   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 1683745

This happened in front of Progressive Tata in Ahmedabad - I am staying at Crowne Plaza hotel right next to this dealership. The owner created quite a ruckus and blocked the traffic on the service lane to stage a protest.

To me, this looked rather cheap, as surface rust is not a functional threat, and I have seen this in the engine bays of even much more luxurious cars. Hope the owner has some valid proof behind this huge negative propaganda.

PS: This show lasted for about 15-20 minutes, but no idea how it got resolved. The Hexa was standing at the dealership when I went out for lunch, about an hour after the drama ended
aravind.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 11:18   #3116
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 1245 units of Hexa in the month of September
Old 9th October 2017, 11:21   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Bangalore Hexians had their 4th breakfast meet yesterday. There was good participation with around 15 cars - to an extent we ran of of parking space at the venue

Below are few pictures of the meet.
Nice! Blue seems to be the dominant color :-)
Old 9th October 2017, 12:08   #3118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Nice! Blue seems to be the dominant color :-)
Yes color wise it is Arizona Blue and Variant wise it is XTA that is dominant There were a couple of Sky Grey ones but it's hard to make out in the picture.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 15:26   #3119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What are the monthly numbers for Hexa? I am really surprised that this car is still a rare sight on the roads.
So far approximately 9,000 Hexas have been sold out of which Bangalore alone has over 1000.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:06   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 1683745

My friend in Gujarat knows this case. This is a total failure of customer education. His complaint is rust on manifold and turbo and brake discs.

All cars have rust on these mentioned parts. Check any damn car.

TASS should have handled this properly.

My linea also has rust on all these mentioned parts.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 9th October 2017 at 16:07.
amit_mechengg is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed