Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 11:04   #3136
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Saw this abandoned brand new Hexa on the side of the road, in front of Tata showroom near Crown Plaza, SG Highway, Ahmedabad.
There has been lot of discussion on this forum about the owner blowing the issue out of proportion due to lack of technical knowledge.
On a lighter note, I'd be happy to take that car instead of the owner donating it to collect garbage
PS: The car is a real beauty in silver! Works really well with the black cladding. Just love the looks!
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:08   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
There has been lot of discussion on this forum about the owner blowing the issue out of proportion due to lack of technical knowledge.
On a lighter note, I'd be happy to take that car instead of the owner donating it to collect garbage
PS: The car is a real beauty in silver! Works really well with the black cladding. Just love the looks!
I would have liked to know about the issue(s) owner faced but unfortunately the car was abandoned!! So can't comment whether his/her concern was genuine or not.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:25   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1684326

Attachment 1684327

Saw this abandoned brand new Hexa on the side of the road, in front of Tata showroom near Crown Plaza, SG Highway, Ahmedabad.
Some of my friends who are huge Tata Fans have got enraged on watching this incident. Infact one of them is ready to buy this car for a discounted price right away !!!
dpkbehera is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 13:08   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1684326

Attachment 1684327

The owner must have had extremely unpleasant experience with the vehicle or buying process.

The banner on the car reads, "We got cheated by Tata, hopefully you guys won't. The vehicle is a trash can"
If he's throwing it away, then I'd purchase it from him at some price. I wouldn't bother even if it is an other state car. Will be more than happy to buy her and get it back to running . BTW, may I know what exactly is the issue with the vehicle ?
Old 11th October 2017, 14:02   #3140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Doing rounds on whatsapp -

Attachment 1683745

Original source not known.

Quote:
Attachment 1684326

Attachment 1684327

The owner must have had extremely unpleasant experience with the vehicle or buying process.

The banner on the car reads, "We got cheated by Tata, hopefully you guys won't. The vehicle is a trash can"
The same is running all over whatsapp and doing rounds in the T-Bhp also and the answer is also below -

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
My friend in Gujarat knows this case. This is a total failure of customer education. His complaint is rust on manifold and turbo and brake discs.

All cars have rust on these mentioned parts. Check any damn car.

TASS should have handled this properly.

My linea also has rust on all these mentioned parts.

Quote:
Off Topic:
No wonder, I don't see many Tata cars on the road in Ahmedabad (Tiago included!!). I visited Tata showroom before my purchase of Brezza to check out Zest AMT after reading positive reviews of the vehicle. I wasn't offered demo/brochure/test ride (or not even water in the middle of a summer afternoon!). I had to walk out of the showroom within 5 mins as they had nothing to offer.
Please refrain from posting such posts and such kind of things have happened with many other cars also including the Rolls in th eearlier days and also the Mercedes BMW, so Tata is not to be blamed and the customer needs to know more about his car and details about automibile...

Last edited by gowda79 : 11th October 2017 at 14:06.
gowda79 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 14:49   #3141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Please refrain from posting such posts and such kind of things have happened with many other cars also including the Rolls in th eearlier days and also the Mercedes BMW, so Tata is not to be blamed and the customer needs to know more about his car and details about automibile...
Well summarized Raghu. +1 to this. I think we have a endless list of people who are hungry for reasons to nitpick against Tata. There are so many posts praising either the product and in some cases the customer service even to the level of replacing something like a wear and tear part under warranty at customer's residence. Such posts get limited attention and do not go viral.

On the other hand we have a silly case of someone reporting rust on cast iron parts such as disc rotors and turbo exhaust manifold and doing filmy protests and what not to gather attention going viral.

Let us all be sensible and fair to a manufacturer who is trying hard to make an honest comeback in to the market with quality products and not just blindly post baseless negative content without knowing the actual story.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 14:55   #3142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

But why should one refrain it from posting on a public forum? No one ever stopped escalating any issue when it was with any manufacturer I know of, at least on Team-BHP, so why should one not share?
Sheel is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:08   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But why should one refrain it from posting on a public forum? No one ever stopped escalating any issue when it was with any manufacturer I know of, at least on Team-BHP, so why should one not share?
I am not saying stop posting but asking them to look into the issue before posting and is it True or False.

The above issue has been discussed and also Amit has given the information about the problem and hence requested him to check before posting.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:13   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
There are so many posts praising either the product and in some cases the customer service even to the level of replacing something like a wear and tear part under warranty at customer's residence. Such posts get limited attention and do not go viral.
I can vouch for that.....

You can read my post #3100.You would get to know the extent that TATA is willing to travel to improve their image and the customer service experience. Any other similar instances from a reputed brand who has done this in the recent past without customer fighting it out ?

Regards
Sandy
SaNdY_AR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:20   #3145
BANNED

Quote:
If one has first hand authentic information about anything - be it an issue or whatever - it makes sense to go ahead and post as it will help our forum members and also other readers.

What is not acceptable is shooting in the dark by posting/forwarding incidents on the basis of assumption.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:30   #3146
BHPian

Quote:

Please refrain from posting such posts
Quote:
Exactly. I don't understand why I should refrain from posting what I saw outside a Tata showroom or my observation regarding less Tata cars on the roads of my city or my extremely unpleasant experience at a Tata showroom. Btw the post has nothing to do with any particular brand. If I had seen a brand new car in such state outside the dealership of any brand, I would have posted it on Tbhp.

Quote:
I would have liked to know about the issue(s) owner faced but unfortunately the car was abandoned!! So can't comment whether his/her concern was genuine or not.
Quote:
Well summarized Raghu. +1 to this. I think we have a endless list of people who are hungry for reasons to nitpick against Tata. There are so many posts praising either the product and in some cases the customer service even to the level of replacing something like a wear and tear part under warranty at customer's residence. Such posts get limited attention and do not go viral.

On the other hand we have a silly case of someone reporting rust on cast iron parts such as disc rotors and turbo exhaust manifold and doing filmy protests and what not to gather attention going viral.
As mentioned in my quoted post, I don't claim the owner's concern was genuine (or not genuine). May I know the source of your claim regarding the issue being rust on cast iron parts such as disc rotors and turbo exhaust manifold?

I just came across the image posted by CrAzY dRiVeR at the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1009wa0003.jpg
From the image, it looks like the owner had a concern regarding rusted parts (no mention of disc rotors or turbo exhaust manifold) & noise while gear transmission which is a genuine concern IMO. I can confirm that the car in the image is the one in the context.

Quote:
Let us all be sensible and fair to a manufacturer who is trying hard to make an honest comeback in to the market with quality products and not just blindly post baseless negative content without knowing the actual story.
So let us all be sensible & unbiased to all the manufacturers to share our knowledge/experiences related to automobile industry on the forum & not just blindly defend our favorite brand without knowing the facts.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:51   #3147
BANNED

Quote:
May I know the source of your claim regarding the issue being rust on cast iron parts such as disc rotors and turbo exhaust manifold?
I have received images of the car in question on Whatsapp and disc rotors along with exhaust manifold & turbo hot end portion (turbine casing) were the highlighted portions on the banner.

Now before you ask me how I am sure as to those parts are whatever I mentioned, I'll make it clear myself that I am a Mechanical Engineer with specialization in Automobiles and have worked closely with many dealerships and garages over the last 7-8 years and have a hobby garage myself where I undertake minor service and running repair of cars that belong to my friends and relatives so I can safely say I know a thing or two about cars if not an expert.

Quote:
So let us all be sensible & unbiased to all the manufacturers to share our knowledge/experiences related to automobile industry on the forum & not just blindly defend our favorite brand without knowing the facts.
I am not defending any brand here. All I am telling is we should follow some ethics before posting anything on a public forum - specially like Team-BHP which has a lot of following. And by Ethics I mean doing some groundwork and authenticating whatever matter we want to post.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 16:03   #3148
BANNED

Quote:
Basically this says you don't know what has happened and do not know if it is genuine or not. So why post about something unknown?

It appears that the incident has happened in the same city from where you are based out of. If I were you, I'd try and get some more information before posting it. My two cents.
raki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:04   #3149
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter front I wonder what would this particular owner do had he bought a rustbucket royal enfield or a quite rust prone and leaky Thar? I wonder what does he want exactly? Replacement of rusty parts?, replacement of the whole car or trying to audition for a local Rakhi Sawant?
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:26   #3150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
May be all customers should be asked to go through specialized trainings before purchasing TATA cars?

A person protesting by abandoning his vehicle in such a state simply shows he is not satisfied either with the vehicle, or if the explanation noted here is genuine, it's the sheer inability of the dealer to explain the same to the owner to his satisfaction.

There is absolutely no reason not to discuss it on the public forum.
Quote:
I have received images of the car in question on Whatsapp and disc rotors along with exhaust manifold & turbo hot end portion (turbine casing) were the highlighted portions on the banner.

I am not defending any brand here. All I am telling is we should follow some ethics before posting anything on a public forum - specially like Team-BHP which has a lot of following. And by Ethics I mean doing some groundwork and authenticating whatever matter we want to post.
This is what forums are for! If everybody is silently viewing images on whatsapp - there wouldn't have been any large unbiased forum called team-bhp.

If you have the images of the issue - you should be posting that for the benefit of the readers, who can come to their own independent decisions about the right and wrong of an issue.

There is simply no question of ethics here. The vehicle in question is out on the roads and protesting. This is a genuine scenario, buddy. I would have questioned ethics here if it was a photoshopped image or something, which it defenitely is not.

For all those so much concerned about the image of the manufacturer - should rather reach out to him and help him out - rather than asking to brush the matter under the carpets.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th October 2017 at 17:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks