Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 22:37   #3211
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
The reality of the abandoned Hexa of Ahmedabad. Did Tata really deserve this? How many people would have put their sweat and time into this amazing product?!
Now this is really idiotic. Transmission noise part can be accepted but look at the way the news channel guys are showing the rusted parts, the ones which are same way in nearly every car.

IMO Tata guys should sue this particular person for the negative publicity he is spreading now. Any car for that matter will have those particular sections rusted.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 22:44   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
A curious statement: why exactly?
The reason lies in what was posted a few posts back: a truck manufacturing company.
When educated enthusiasts too fall victim to such baseless criticism, it is but natural for folks to hope that the brand comes out of such stereotypes.
If such stereotypes exist in a forum as TBHP, it would be more stronger among the common people outside of here.
Hence that statement, which should seem rather obvious than curious!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 22:51   #3213
BHPian

I didn't understand much from the talk, but I didn't find anything to call it a lemon from the video. At this point, we can only guess or speculate what happened between the three concerned parties. My guess is there were niggles, perhaps some rusting here and there and the guy who bought the car was heartbroken. I have been in a similar situation when Concord motors passed me an older model. Believe me, the anger is tremendous at that time, but unless the issue is as bad as the VW transmission woes, with right people around and good advice, you can overcome it. May be he is under pressure from his family/friends who are poking at him. Or may be he just wants to make the most of the situation and thinks he can get a brand new car.

Somebody who understands more, please shed some light.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:01   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
The reason lies in what was posted a few posts back: a truck manufacturing company.
When educated enthusiasts too fall victim to such baseless criticism, it is but natural for folks to hope that the brand comes out of such stereotypes.
If such stereotypes exist in a forum as TBHP, it would be more stronger among the common people outside of here.
Because, educated enthusiasts try to make sense out of everything. I have nothing more to say - dejected due to efforts that try to tarnish the brand and the car. It is first day with my Hexa today. For the first few hours, I couldn't even believe that it was Tata's car. A mind blowing and value for money product. Hoping to cover lakhs and lakhs of Kilometers and that it will age well.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 12th October 2017 at 23:03.
vinodvayyat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 02:27   #3215
BHPian

I was obsessed.

The team-bhp forum was my go to place for daily dose of Hexa news, every day I would open the Hexa page atleast 50 times, stalking the page, living to read comments that praised the Hexa, looking for validation from the fine bhp members, kind of like keeping on opening the fridge even though you know nothing has changed in there, just in case you missed something in the previous 49 openings.

I followed all the issues reported on the page, felt the frustration of the owners, felt the relief when the issues were reported as sorted. The page was my daily soap opera and I identified with all the characters i.e. posters.

I wanted to buy the XMA as it seemed the most vfm, I was getting accessories at a 10% discount and had finalized the alloy wheels, drls, fog lamps, side steps and hud tpms, seat covers, corner protector, mats etc all coming to 92000 after the discount.
I was midway through the negotiations, when I found out that the XMA does not have remote folding ORVM's and dealer / manufacturer wasn’t offering this as an accessory either.

I was away from home and was not sure about the size of my parking space, would I need to fold the ORVM’s everytime or was the space enough. I asked the Tata guy to take a look at the parking space, the guy took a look and said that the space was enough, but I still wasn’t sure, did the guy see the correct parking space?, does he have a good eye for estimating the distance? Why didn’t he bring the car for the confirmation? The doubts had taken root in my mind and was constantly niggling me, so I changed my booking to the XTA, glad I did it because the car needs the ORVM folded to enter in my parking space.

Sept was a glorious month for me, first I welcomed my brand new Arizona Blue Hexa XTA, with all the GST benefits, then a few days later my team-bhp membership got approved. I have been trying for the membership for years now.

Accessories wise for the XTA I went with the matt finish side steps, corner protectors, show grill and anti rust for a total of around 21195Rs after discount. I have opted for the extended warranty and will take the amc as well in due course.

I just had my car for a few days and I was called off to work, I’m in Mexico while writing this. I managed to get around 400kms of city driving before I left and boy she is fantastic, my kids, myself and most importantly my wife are loving it.

Glad to be a part of team bhp. Salutations to all from a newbie.
Relax&Cruise is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 06:22   #3216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Your not understanding the basis for a criticism does not automatically make it baseless. I have seen TML close up from the inside for many years at every management level so I have my reasons for my beliefs.
And the statement about yellow number plates remains curious to me, because it has nothing to with the presence/absence of a truck maker's DNA.
I agree that we have digressed from the thread topic; I will revisit the thread after seeing monthly sales of the car a year from now. If it is a good car, the sales numbers will tell the story - in my book, that compared to others in the segment is the only measure of success. Something that even TML leadership will accept.

Last edited by Sawyer : 13th October 2017 at 06:24.
Old 13th October 2017, 15:51   #3217
BHPian

Hi!

Need a couple of small clarifications from the members.

In my XTA I play music from my phone through bluetooth. When I shift from the D (Drive) to P (Parking) the music stops / breaks for a second. Same thing happens when I shift the lever from P to D. Is this normal?
Do all automatic cars have this issue?

Automatic newbie here, please excuse the ignorance.

2. I have noticed a few Hexas with bull guards, both back and front. Does using bull guard not impact the airbags operations? Any impact on the warranty?

Thanks
us.dash

Last edited by us.dash : 13th October 2017 at 15:53.
Old 13th October 2017, 16:38   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Hi!

In my XTA I play music from my phone through bluetooth. When I shift from the D (Drive) to P (Parking) the music stops / breaks for a second. Same thing happens when I shift the lever from P to D. Is this normal?
Do all automatic cars have this issue?

Automatic newbie here, please excuse the ignorance.

2. I have noticed a few Hexas with bull guards, both back and front. Does using bull guard not impact the airbags operations? Any impact on the warranty?

Thanks
us.dash
When ever you go from P>D or vice versa you have to cross R where the rear view cam or parking sensors will come on so the music will stop and come back after to go to P or D.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 21:32   #3219
BHPian

This guy would seem to have gone overboard praising the HEXA but the owners can easily relate to what he is saying.
damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 05:22   #3220
BHPian

woah!

Too much activity in last few days.

Well I am a Tata Hexa XT owner and I am very sad to see the owner of the car, instead of talking to the company, has directly gone to the press and what for:

- Engine gargle - known and characteristic of the engine
- Rust on disk brake - known and above all every car is prone to have it if it is lying unused for few days/weeks and specially in monsoons.

This prompts me to believe that some thing is being played to the script to defame TML.

Let me give my impression on my Hexa - driven 8 K in 8 months

- The car is awesome, nothing comes closer to its ride and quality in 20 L - 30 L bracket.
- The engine has opened up and is silk smooth. Gargle is there but it comes only when you accelerate to 1900 rpm and leave it suddenly. It is not present if you accelerate past 2K rpm.
- Gears are smooth now, were bit notchy in the beginning
- Cabin noise is almost zero once you roll up the window.
- Space and comfort is amazing, you need to drive it over potholed roads to believe what an amazing car Hexa is.
- In cabin comfort creatures like audio system, lighting, seat comfort etc all is top class quality and you will be fooled and may think its an European car.
- Till now there are no rattles and gets all the respect on the road.

Every car has its shortcoming.

Things which can be improved:

- Light throw at the night. Can be fixed by upgrading the bulbs
- Dead pedal in XT, please give this TML.
- Reach of the steering

And TML, dont get bogged down by some random one off issue. You are doing good work and keep it up.

It was pleasure meeting Chief Designer of Hexa during TML plant visit. And, I am very happy that TML is working honestly and sincerely to give good product.

-PK

PS: TBHP is an honest and reputed community, I request them to validate the claim by the owner of Hexa (which is doing rounds on media) and remove the post if you find any foul play.
pk_del is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 07:20   #3221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Hi!

Thanks
us.dash
I observed similar behaviour in the XTA .Also we have the guard fitted at back only .As front and sides have air bag sensors we decided not to install steps or front guards .
Old 14th October 2017, 09:25   #3222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
The reality of the abandoned Hexa of Ahmedabad. Did Tata really deserve this? How many people would have put their sweat and time into this amazing product?!
If whatever is shown in the video, is his only complaint, then God help against such buyers. And he demands a new car for all these so called issues.

IMO, this seems like a negative publicity or sabotage trick played by competitors (could be some local dealer competitor too). What's surprising is the lack of discussion on this topic, now that some evidence is published. No one from the dealer end or the local public is trying to explain the owner or could be the owner is in no mood to relent, except for a refund.

On a different note, I like the silver colour the most appealing on the Hexa. The black cladding is accentuated.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 09:44   #3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
When ever you go from P>D or vice versa you have to cross R where the rear view cam or parking sensors will come on so the music will stop and come back after to go to P or D.
This can be configured by the park assist mix with audio settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post

- Light throw at the night. Can be fixed by upgrading the bulbs
pk_del -
Agree with all the observations.
Did you upgrade the bulbs ? if so which ones ? I asked concorde, their take is that nobody else has complained ! and I am on my own here.

Also if anybody is apprehensive about parking, I was able to park in my lot as easy as my old car - have a very narrow entrance and learnt to override the park assist at right spots. The slope of the entrance misleads the park assist.

thanks
pk3977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 11:28   #3224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Hexa Limited Edition coming soon. To be offered in an exclusive Brown shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
In addition, there will be new OEM accessories on offer, possibly as full kits.
Some more info on the "Limited Edition":

- Two new OEM accessory kits will be made available with the Limited Edition - a rear seat entertainment system, foot steps, wireless chargers and a full chrome kit. Kits will be cheaper by upto 25% from the total price of individual accessories, if bought separately.

- The exclusive colour shade is said to be similar to the Tigor's Urban Bronze shade when viewed under sunlight. But it's actually a bit darker than Urban Bronze. Exact name of shade not revealed yet.

- Name isn't finalised yet. They are mulling over calling it the "Downtown Edition" but that might be changed. A special badge for this Hexa Limited Edition will be made separately.

- Expect a premium of about Rs 75,000 over the regular variant for this Special Edition.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th October 2017 at 11:42. Reason: added more.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 18:22   #3225
BHPian

Folks, a question. What is more practical for Indian roads? The 19" wheels of the XTA or the 16" wheels of the XMA? What would give a better ride quality

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks