Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 13:18   #3256
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Okay Tata Fans.
This is unwarranted and belittling - no one has argued here that ESP is not a sought out feature and you should not go buy a vehicle which has. The fellow BHPians were trying to explain why they didn't feel there is a need for them - that should be perfectly OK for anyone. I would have been happy to have ESP and definitely felt bad when Tata omitted it in XTA variant - but to each his own. Period.
vinodvayyat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:08   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Okay Tata Fans, I concede that ESP is not required and we should not feel the need for it. I give up. The point, I was trying to make is that it is available on the top end MT version, but has been deleted for the top end AT version which is absolutely silly of TML.

In my opinion any vehicle that is pushing 20 Lakhs on the road should come with ESP/TC.
The main reason for this issue is the inability of the Bosch system and the Punch system to communicate with each other. TATAs are supposedly working on the interface, and if that works out then we might see ESP and other features on the XTA. May be the cost will go up a bit and I hope that is not the case. I chose the XT because safety features are more important than convenience factors and most of driving is on highways
Old 18th October 2017, 08:42   #3258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Central tunnel gives structural rigidity and opposes collapse/flexing of a the foot board in case something heavy presses from the top.
Thanks for this information, I was not aware of this.

Can this be designed below the floor? I know it won't be possible in a Hexa as it is low, but what about Storme?

If the goodies of Hexa are passed on to the Storme, it is going to a SUV.
Old 18th October 2017, 09:18   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks for this information, I was not aware of this.

Can this be designed below the floor? I know it won't be possible in a Hexa as it is low, but what about Storme?

Tata is not interested in the Storme, period! They will come out with new JLR based suv which are a size smaller than Hexa.
Storme is actually an old platform even if the underlying chasssis is new. There is no way the old body can mantain structural rigidity and give safety as compared with more modern bodyshells, thats why a complete lack of upgrades.
The age of the big brawny SUV is well and truly over :(
Old 18th October 2017, 09:32   #3260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A heck of an SUV. Dunno why heck got left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
And I would just hate that. SUV's may be big, but the looks are softening, just see the Pajero Classic and the newer one [which is yet to debut]

I just hope, Tata comes up with something better for a Storme as well as Mahindra, they can't keep banking on, on the Scorpio for too long.
Old 18th October 2017, 10:44   #3261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The current structure is also used to run the transmission link ( the rod between gb & rear differential) ( what's the term ? ). Hence cant make it to dip.

Quote:
Quote:
Tata is not interested in the Storme, period! They will come out with new JLR based suv which are a size smaller than Hexa.
Quote:
A heck of an SUV. Dunno why heck got left out.

I just hope, Tata comes up with something better for a Storme as well as Mahindra, they can't keep banking on, on the Scorpio for too long.

Safari > Aria > Storme > Hexa. JLR happened In between the Safari & Aria, and also as a new product, the Aria was very much improved than the Safari. The learnings from the Aria went to the Storme, and in turn to the Hexa. From the hexa, things are not going to flow back to the Storme, one reason being the product age. What we will see is the new age SUV's from Tata like the Q501, and I really hope these are LoF and not too compact.

Quote:
There is something about these. I am just back from the TASC, with the dashboard opened up. There's so much effort in there. But over and above, the hum of that 2.2 diesel, and the heavy vehicle is really something.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:57   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The current structure is also used to run the transmission link ( the rod between gb & rear differential) ( what's the term ? ).
That would be the "driveshaft". Yes, it would be a shame to not have any progress on the larger SUVs. On a macro basis with increasing pollution (and consequently tighter pollution control norms), higher fuel prices and increasingly stringent pedestrian safety norms, it is probably inevitable that the on road "monsters" become a size smaller, but that would still be a pity.

However, you do see the big Endy and Fortuner doing good numbers and Nissan trying their luck in this space, though not very successfully. So the market is there for now and probably for a few more years. I wish Tata and Mahindra would take another stab at it with a new generation vehicle.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 18th October 2017 at 11:26. Reason: Typo
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 11:15   #3263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
However, you do see the bid Endy and Fortuner doing good numbers and Nissan trying their luck in this space, though not very successfully. So the market is there for now and probably for a few more years. I wish Tata and Mahindra would take another stab at it with a new generation vehicle.
thanks, ..

There may be market for bigger SUVs in countries like US, but here we are facing increasing congestion coupled with lack of traffic/ driving sense. I myself am thinking of a smaller SUV, though I really dont want to give up the advantages of the big ones.
Old 18th October 2017, 11:43   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is something about these. I am just back from the TASC, with the dashboard opened up. There's so much effort in there. But over and above, the hum of that 2.2 diesel, and the heavy vehicle is really something.
There is something poetically sad about this, something like passing of an age; seen when steam locomotives were replaced by diesel and electrics.
Pretty much soon ic engines will be replaced by electric motors, self driving pods and what not. A car will change from being an extension of ones self to a mere appliance like a iphone or samsung. The heartbeat throbs of a vtwin, rumble of a v8, straight pipes are already history and pretty soon the only big engines we may see may be a 3 cylinder 1 liter powering 4 electric motors in wheels.

That apart I believe we should enjoy our vehicles as much as we can. I am keeping my Storme for the next 3/4 years more. I surely cant get that truck like experience in the new age 'suv'
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:45   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
There is something poetically sad about this, something like passing of an age; seen when steam locomotives were replaced by diesel and electrics.
Pretty mu
That apart I believe we should enjoy our vehicles as much as we can. I am keeping my Storme for the next 3/4 years more. I surely cant get that truck like experience in the new age 'suv'
I think there is still a long way to go for countries like India. Also with the success that Isuzu is seeing with their vehicles I wouldn't be surprised that this side of the world continues to see big vehicles being a solid part of the portfolio for auto manufacturers.

The two opposite sides of the world (China and the US) love their SUVs and that's not going to change any time soon. It's only the EU that is pushing aggressively forward with electric and hybrid.
Old 18th October 2017, 19:25   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
The current structure is also used to run the transmission link ( the rod between gb & rear differential) ( what's the term ? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
That would be the "driveshaft".
I think the more appropriate term would be 'Propeller Shaft'
Old 19th October 2017, 01:20   #3267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I think the more appropriate term would be 'Propeller Shaft'
Both terms are equaly correct though I believe driveshaft is the more commonly used of the two.
Old 20th October 2017, 11:48   #3268
Distinguished - BHPian

It was bound to happen - someone has converted their Tata Aria into a Tata Hexa, and the transformation is nearly flawless!

Pics courtesy Arif Ahamed Thajudeen.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-5.jpg

Wishing you and your nears and dears a wonderful Diwali season, team!
RavenAvi is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 13:18   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It was bound to happen - someone has converted their Tata Aria into a Tata Hexa, and the transformation is nearly flawless!

Pics courtesy Arif Ahamed Thajudeen.

Wishing you and your nears and dears a wonderful Diwali season, team!
That's what I call a neat job! It's a job well done! Thanks for sharing this to us @Ravenavi sir. Any idea about the costs incurred in this transformation? BTW, is the rear end also tweaked to that of the Hexa or else the owner has kept it as is.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 14:55   #3270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
That's what I call a neat job! It's a job well done! Thanks for sharing this to us @Ravenavi sir. Any idea about the costs incurred in this transformation? BTW, is the rear end also tweaked to that of the Hexa or else the owner has kept it as is.

Varun
Most welcome.

No idea on the costs involved or any/all tweaks to the modified Aria's rear. A source forwarded the pics to me.

I think it's just the front and sides which have been modified. The rear would need extensive modification work so the owner might have left it as it is. Plus, no shared pics of the same either.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks