Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:53   #3286

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Folks,
I'm planning to buy the Hexa XTA sometime sooner. The dealer in Pune is unaware or reluctant to give any information on the 'limited edition'. Though I don't have an extreme urgency to buy the car, I am too much excited to get my hands on this giant machine. Does anyone know when can we expect the limited edition to be launched? And whether it is worth the wait. I am happy to miss out on the brown color of the limited edition, but the accessories kit is something I am looking forward to. Also if I go ahead and buy the existing XTA variant, can I easily install the accessories kit later on? Not interested in the chrome kit, but rear seat infotainment and wireless chargers is something useful.
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:56   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
One last question is are you keeping the Hexa as your only vehicle or keeping a smaller one for the city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
During Diwali I parked Hexa little far away and took the auto to go market otherwise it has become my daily car now for everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
If I buy Hexa that will be my only car. How easy it is to drive in city roads (I'm from Bangalore). I already use a scorpio and is comfortable driving it in peak traffic.
Let me say this:
  • As Anuruddhs stated above, driving XTA is extremely comfortable. Especially since it is automatic, you wont be in your usual desperation mode to beat the traffic. The creep function is an extremely useful feature along with hill hold - so bumper to bumper traffic is never a worry.
  • Now the maneuverability part - you need to account for the space of the beast when you are out on the city and you need to plan the U turns properly - once you are used to this there is no issue. I have managed this pretty well and I could do U turns without three step turns - it has substantial presence and with hand signals, people do give space to you.
I take it to office nowadays - have not faced any issues so far, never got irritated too. In fact, I am a relaxed driver now compared to how I was in my Punto 90HP.

My 90HP has got to stay - it is my baby and will be the second car at home. It is a pleasure to drive 90HP and I won't get it in Hexa - two different vehicles. Hexa will mainly be my Highway car and for office drives at least 3 days in a week.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 23rd October 2017 at 13:57.
vinodvayyat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:15   #3288
BHPian

Just back from Bangalore - Panaji - Mangalore - Bangalore trip clocking 1550 kms. It was an amazing experience driving Hexa over well paved 4 lane roads, 2 lane highways, winding ghats, broken roads and no roads. Fuel efficiency was around 11 kmpl, tankful method.

Apart from the (in)famous gargle, there was no other noise, rattle or issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
If I buy Hexa that will be my only car. How easy it is to drive in city roads (I'm from Bangalore).
I am already doing this, so do not worry. I drive Hexa everyday from Marathahalli to Bellandur during peak traffic hours.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:48   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I am already doing this, so do not worry. I drive Hexa everyday from Marathahalli to Bellandur during peak traffic hours.
Is yours the XTA automatic? I hate that Tata is forcing us to choose between the automatic and AWD with ESP / Traction Control!
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:50   #3290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Is yours the XTA automatic? I hate that Tata is forcing us to choose between the automatic and AWD with ESP / Traction Control!
Hello, Yes. I drive a tungsten silver XTA.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:53   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Hello, Yes. I drive a tungsten silver XTA.
Thanks. That's my favourite Hexa colour as well. Looks good and more practical than the Arizona Blue IMHO.
Old 24th October 2017, 20:48   #3292
BHPian

Everyone has chimed in and covered every possible attribute of the hexa, and I won't repeat observations of the learned. I'm just about to finalize a new 7 seater for my family trips to Lucknow, so Highway performance and road manners are the pillars contributing to my decision. I drove the Hexa for quite some time, and I must say everything is phenomenal but the Toyota crysta probably truimphs on high speed stabiity AND performance. Definitely a punchier engine. Current contenders:
1. Tata Hexa
2. Toyota Innova Crysta (both manual and automatic)
3. Toyota Fortuner (I might stretch my budget.. just might)

Will keep peeps here updated
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 22:20   #3293
BHPian

Tata is ready to roll out a new coffee brown colour for Hexa. Hexa is looking quite good in this shade. Pic courtesy Carwale. Here is the link to the article - :
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.c...oon-31532/amp/
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexa109835.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatatoofferhexainanewcoffeebrowncoloursoon109788.jpg  

HappyRoadie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:09   #3294
BHPian

Last weekend I along with 4 friends planned a small trip to BR Hills, after reaching there we decided to visit Ooty as well since there was nothing much to see at BR Hills and it was still 10AM. Just as we started from BR Hills, our Hexa met with an accident in the K Gudi route towards Chamrajanagar. A two wheeler suddenly cut across the single-lane road at a curve and to avoid it my friend tried to make a sharp turn and somehow the front right wheel lost traction and the vehicle got off-road and went over few big rocks diagonally from front right to rear left and finally came under control and we pulled up at the side of the road. Thankfully no one was hurt and everything seemed alright from inside but as soon as we stepped outside we saw a trail of liquid on the road behind us which was diesel from our tank since it had got punctured. Apart from that we could see that the front bumper grill was broken and the front right tyre was pushed back and it was touching the mud-guard of the wheel well. The car was starting fine but we didn't do so since the diesel tank was punctured and diesel was flowing out steadily. We had about 5-10 liters of diesel and it was all out on the road side within no time. The windshield was also cracked but apart from that no other exterior damage was seen. We got the vehicle towed to Mysore SVC. (Tata URS Kar Motors)
Yesterday we got the estimate and we were shocked to see the extent of damage to the under-body. We got a bill of 5.5lacs approx. If you see the car from outside you wouldn't find much damage but all the damage was done under the car and the SA showed us broken chassis weld, bent axle, radiator damage, compressor damage, alloy bent and much more once the car was lifted on a ramp. We have a zero-dep insurance and the surveyor is supposed to visit the svc today to finalize things, hopefully everything will get covered under the insurance.
And now the question, the SVC recommends replacing the chassis instead of trying to fix it by welding. We also agree to that but are confused about the quality of work to be carried out. Replacing the chassis means dis-assembling every part and re-assembling it onto the new chassis. We are not sure if the SVC will be able to do it with perfection as any single mistake could result in more issues in future. Kindly suggest the best way out of this mess.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:23   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Last weekend I along with 4 friends planned a small trip to BR Hills, after reaching there we decided to visit Ooty as well since there was nothing much to see at BR Hills and it was still 10AM. Just as we started from BR Hills, our Hexa met with an accident in the K Gudi route towards Chamrajanagar. A two wheeler suddenly cut across the single-lane road at a curve and to avoid it my friend tried to make a sharp turn and somehow the front right wheel lost traction and the vehicle got off-road and went over few big rocks diagonally from front right to rear left and finally came under control and we pulled up at the side of the road.
I am sorry to hear about the accident. This is indeed a tricky situation to be in. Here in Australia the car would have surely been declared as a total loss or a repairable write off by the insurance company and the customer would have been paid in full. Just check with the insurance company if they can do a total loss and negotiate the pay out amount.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th October 2017 at 13:54. Reason: Avoid quoting whole post and emoticons when replying. Thanks!
Old 25th October 2017, 11:26   #3296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last weekend I along with 4 friends planned a small trip to BR Hills, after reaching there we decided to visit Ooty as well since there was nothing much to see at BR Hills and it was still 10AM. Just as we started from BR Hills, our Hexa met with an accident in the K Gudi route towards Chamrajanagar.
Kindly suggest the best way out of this mess.
Sorry for your ordeal.
Could you post some pictures of the underbody and the damage.

A broken and bent Chassis, should never be repaired.
From the looks of it, your engine is good, which is good thing.

Allow the SVC to perform this surgery.
If required, request them to perform the chassis replacement in presence of a Tata Motors engineer.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 13:21   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
And now the question, the SVC recommends replacing the chassis instead of trying to fix it by welding. We also agree to that but are confused about the quality of work to be carried out. Replacing the chassis means dis-assembling every part and re-assembling it onto the new chassis. We are not sure if the SVC will be able to do it with perfection as any single mistake could result in more issues in future. Kindly suggest the best way out of this mess.
I'm extremely sorry to know about your accident, and really glad that all of you escaped unhurt. Even I feel that repairing a broken / bent chassis is not a risk worth taking. It must be replaced, if that can be done. Also, it may be a good idea to rope in the execs at Tata in this matter, and see if they involve a production engineer in this operation, and later, just to check the integrity of the work (I'm not sure about this, though). Kindly keep us posted regarding the development.
Old 25th October 2017, 13:56   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is replacing chassis permitted? If yes, you would have to update your RC card as well. If the chassis is to be replaced I don't think 5.5lac would suffice. You might want to check with insurer if your car qualifies for total loss in-case chassis has to be replaced.

Last edited by PrideRed : 25th October 2017 at 14:04.
Old 25th October 2017, 14:04   #3299
Senior - BHPian

TASS never repairs the chassis by welding etc. They usually replace the whole chassis. Its unfortunate that a new car met with such terrible accident. But this is the benefit of the Chassis - Body type car where repairs can be done easily unlike monocoque.
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:18   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
@sugam, I own an XE, the brochures are incorrect, the XE has full display like the one on XM and XT, so if you can check the display on these 2 variants, it shall be the same on XE. Go ahead buddy pick it up. You shall not regret one bit.
Thanks for your input, booked my Arizona Blue XE! Now the wait begins.
Had a look at the picture of your display that you had posted in another thread.

The owner manual (downloaded from the Hexa website) however shows another version of the entire instrument console (see picture attached).

Hope your MID on the XE wasn't a fortunate mistake and that it still ships with the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks