Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 14:25   #3301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Replacing a chassis for a bof vehicle is relatively straightforward. The body and the engine are hoisted out, gearbox, suspension and other bits and bobs are removed, reassembled on to the new chassis and then the engine is put back and the drivetrain connected. Lastly the body is lowered on to the built up chassis and remarried to it. Your interiors and plastics remain as is, so no worries of fit and finish. You are lucky you didnt crash a monocoque car, it would be a total loss
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:49   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Thanks for your input, booked my Arizona Blue XE! Now the wait begins.
Had a look at the picture of your display that you had posted in another thread.

The owner manual (downloaded from the Hexa website) however shows another version of the entire instrument console (see picture attached).

Hope your MID on the XE wasn't a fortunate mistake and that it still ships with the same.
Isn't this similar to the instrument cluster that same with the Aria? I am not sure if it makes economic sense for Tata to have an entirely different cluster for a different variant of the same model. That is unless ofcourse the intention was to get rid of stock procured earlier for the Aria.
Old 25th October 2017, 17:26   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is replacing chassis permitted? If yes, you would have to update your RC card as well.
I was under the same notion, but after i got my bike's chassis replaced after a terrible accident, i came to know that chassis as spare parts come blank and number is stamped at the ASS level and is the same number as the previous one. So no change on the RC. Only applicable when you get it replaced at an authorized ASS. Otherwise there are pre-stamped chassis numbers different than the original. I was told this by a guy who handled me keys after repair, and I checked RC and chassis, number was the same!
Old 25th October 2017, 17:55   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Thanks for your input, booked my Arizona Blue XE! .
I thought XE came only in pearl white. Is that not true?
bijubalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 18:08   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
I thought XE came only in pearl white. Is that not true?
Earlier it came only in Pearl white but now TML has been giving an additional colour to choose from (i.e the Arizona Blue).
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 18:28   #3306
BHPian

Thank you guys for your valuable inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Just check with the insurance company if they can do a total loss and negotiate the pay out amount.
I do not think that is a possibility here since its a body-on-frame vehicle, the chassis can be replaced relatively easily under proper guidance. Hence claiming total-loss doesn't seem to be a option. Anyway I will ask my friend to talk to the insurance company regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Sorry for your ordeal.
Could you post some pictures of the underbody and the damage.

A broken and bent Chassis, should never be repaired.
From the looks of it, your engine is good, which is good thing.

Allow the SVC to perform this surgery.
If required, request them to perform the chassis replacement in presence of a Tata Motors engineer.
Sorry, I don't have any photos of under-body damage, I will ask my friend to get the photos from the SVC maybe. Few photos of the vehicle at the accident spot :
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171021_113536.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171021_113542.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171021_113549.jpg

Yes, we are going forward with Chassis replacement itself. Yesterday there was some meetup here at Bangalore between Tata Officials and Hexa Owners. My friend bought up the issue there and Tata folks have assured to personally look into this matter. In fact they have told us that they will assign two Tata Engineers to visit the SVC and analyse the crash issue and come up with a report. Our concern was why did ESP and TC fail to work as expected and the vehicle went out of control, they said they will investigate and get back to us. Hopefully they will overlook the chassis replacement and other major work at the workshop to make sure everything is repaired as per expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
I'm extremely sorry to know about your accident, and really glad that all of you escaped unhurt. Even I feel that repairing a broken / bent chassis is not a risk worth taking. It must be replaced, if that can be done. Also, it may be a good idea to rope in the execs at Tata in this matter, and see if they involve a production engineer in this operation, and later, just to check the integrity of the work (I'm not sure about this, though). Kindly keep us posted regarding the development.
Thank you for your concern, I have replied above regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is replacing chassis permitted? If yes, you would have to update your RC card as well. If the chassis is to be replaced I don't think 5.5lac would suffice. You might want to check with insurer if your car qualifies for total loss in-case chassis has to be replaced.
Replacing chassis is permitted especially when its a body-on-frame setup. The chassis itself is about 90K as per the estimations given by the SVC. Even we were wondering how the chassis costs so less in a 20lacs vehicle. More details in my replies above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
I was under the same notion, but after i got my bike's chassis replaced after a terrible accident, i came to know that chassis as spare parts come blank and number is stamped at the ASS level and is the same number as the previous one. So no change on the RC. Only applicable when you get it replaced at an authorized ASS. Otherwise there are pre-stamped chassis numbers different than the original. I was told this by a guy who handled me keys after repair, and I checked RC and chassis, number was the same!
Our SVC told us that replacing chassis would mean change in chassis serial number and that we would have to get it updated by RTO on our own. Which is fine I assume. Even if they manage to stamp the same serial number, we would be more than happy!
Funny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 20:35   #3307
OSH
BHPian

Tata has launched the limited edition of the Hexa.

It is being called The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition and shall be available with a new brown colour called urban bronze, there will be two packs on offer, Absolute & Indulge.

The extra features it gets over the current model are;
  • Downtown Badging
  • Chrome inserts
  • Premuim tan seat-covers
  • 10.1" Blaupunkt rear entertainment units
  • Wireless charger
  • Heads-up display
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Black & Silver R16 alloy wheels
  • Side steps
  • Carpet set

Click here to view the official website for more details and to download the e-brochure.

Here is what Autocar India has to say about this limited edition.
Quote:
Both packages add chrome touches to the headlamp and tail-lamp surrounds, and on the sides and the outside rear view mirrors, while also featuring Downtown badges, side steps, wireless smartphone charging, a carpet set and a car care kit.

On the lower-spec XE, XM and XMA trims, the Absolute package adds new tan seat covers, while the Indulge package on the lower variants gets them new 16-inch alloy wheels. The top-spec XT and XTA trims, with the Indulge package, come with two Blaupunkt 10.1-inch infotainment screens for the rear and a dashboard-mounted heads-up display that provides speed limit alerts, battery voltage and tyre pressure information.
Link to the entire article here.

Last edited by OSH : 25th October 2017 at 20:46.
OSH is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:43   #3308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
It is being called The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition
Full details:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg
(Click on the image to OPEN in a *NEW* window)
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 23:08   #3309
BHPian

Quote:

It is being called The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition and shall be available with a new brown colour called urban bronze, there will be two packs on offer, Absolute & Indulge.
Just checked the site & the brochures. Below are the takeaways:
× The extra features will be fit at dealer level because the brochure mentions "Installation charges in addition to the cost of the edition". Since all the additional features of the two packs are part of the official accessories anyways, they could be fit to cars of any color or past models, and not restricted to only the upcoming bronze color(I think).
× The micro-site now allows to book the XM/XT variants in the urban bronze color as well, so it might also be available without the downtown edition. The brochure also lists six colors instead of the earlier five.
× XE can now also be booked in Arizona Blue in addition to Pearl white, as per the micro-site, but the same is not reflected in the brochure yet. It should have been available in all colors from the start, but a welcome change nonetheless. At least some choice for those looking at the VFM side of things.
× Same DIS (Driver Information System) or MID across all variants, as per the new brochure. A clarification of sorts for those confused with the DIS in XE.

Last edited by r0nit7 : 25th October 2017 at 23:12. Reason: Expanded DIS
r0nit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 08:32   #3310
Senior - BHPian

The new edition, new colour for base model and all those accessories are welcome moves by Tata Motors to keep the excitement around the vehicle. This is the only way to keep bring back eye balls and foot falls. With more competition coming soon from Mahindra and then Maruti, achieving a critical mass of vehicles on road is very important in the Indian ( herd mentality ) context.
Old 26th October 2017, 10:05   #3311
Senior - BHPian

I am really loving the new Downtown edition. Every add-on seems really good, except too much chrome. I hate too much chrome on anything, not only my car. I hope the package is customizable, otherwise if people who don't like too much chrome, will prefer the normal Hexa.

Introducing all colours on all variants is a good move. I understand for business reasons, companies do such things, but to me, it does not make much sense.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 10:51   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Introducing all colours on all variants is a good move.
For the base (XE) variant, only Arizona Blue has been added as the 2nd choice (with White), that too for a premium of ~Rs 18,000/-.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 11:01   #3313
BHPian

Quote:

It is being called The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition and shall be available with a new brown colour called urban bronze,
Do they have a sunroof option on the Hexa? It would be absolutely a delight if they get a panoramic sunroof on that car.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:12   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Do they have a sunroof option on the Hexa? It would be absolutely a delight if they get a panoramic sunroof on that car.
There is a Webasto sunroof option. Costs around 90k. Good fit and finish with the right buttons for operation. I had seen one with Blue buttons. Not sure if the buttons are colour coordinated.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:24   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For the base (XE) variant, only Arizona Blue has been added as the 2nd choice (with White), that too for a premium of ~Rs 18,000/-.
It's a bad move to add that premium for Blue on XE. They might have logic behind it, but customers won't see it when for other variants there is no such premium charged.

Im not a marketing expert, but doesn't pricing consistency add to a feel good factor?
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks