Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2017, 19:05   #3466
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

http://hexa.tatamotors.com/downtown

The new Downtown version is online.

Gets HUD, back seat entertainment, wireless charging, a new colour and some other cosmetic features / options

The Chrome pack will have divergent views, but Indian customers will love it IMO.
Old 4th December 2017, 19:23   #3467
BHPian

So the week old XTA has now done 220 odd kilometres. Rare bumper to bumper and more of steady at 80 Kmph. Did a tank full yesterday and the D2E range says 577 Kms.

Off the bat, shouldn't it be more like 700 or near about on a Base of 60 litres?
Or is this normal in the early days.
Old 4th December 2017, 20:22   #3468
BHPian

Finally. The Hexa XMA arrived home. Feeling pretty happy.

Now, I changed the stock wheels to alloys. At the time of delivery the dealer actually returned the stock wheels to me. I have no clue on what to do with them. In addition, I am getting the spare wheel also changed to Alloy as well, hence will likely have one more wheel to dispose off. Any idea on whether there are tyre dealers in Pune who will buy them.
ptushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 20:45   #3469

I want to have 3D mats for XTA. Please suggest good mats. I can see lot in Amazon but not sure of quality and fit.
Old 4th December 2017, 22:13   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Strange when they have worked on the compatibility and it is being sorted out still they are not ready to launch the AT with 4x4 & ESP. Also how much will be the difference in cost maybe 1 lac max. I don't think anyone will have problem in spending that extra amount given the benefit of ESP and driving modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
However, I don't understand what stops them from integrating the TC and ESP in the XTA as that should not have a significant cost impact and it would make the XTA a safer vehicle.
I just heard the new Ecosport top-end has ESP. This is ridiculous from Tata! They should just make the car safer asap and should offer to retrofit to all existing XTAs.
puntOOs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 22:37   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Finally. The Hexa XMA arrived home. Feeling pretty happy.
Congratulations dude!! Please post some pictures of your ride, don't forget to pen your initial impression. Do you plan to install reverse camera? Have a million miles with the beast.
Old 5th December 2017, 09:23   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbpreet View Post
I want to have 3D mats for XTA. Please suggest good mats. I can see lot in Amazon but not sure of quality and fit.
I got these ones from AMAZON.

While they are not the best ones and the fit is not 100% perfect, it does get the job done.

The mat for the boot is a size larger than required, but you can make it work.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 10:59   #3473
BHPian

Year end discounts from Tata Motors. Hexa is cheaper by 78,000 but I'm not sure if the insurance offer still exists. Attached a newspaper clipping for your reference!

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171205wa0001.jpg
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 11:59   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Do you plan to install reverse camera?
Thank you. yes, will post pictures and pen my initial views over the weekend. At this point the car is waiting at home for the new number plates, before I take it out for a spin.

I do want to install the reverse camera. But Concorde motors told me that they have a directive from Tata Motors not to install the reverse camera on the XMA. So will look for options from other dealers next month. At this point I don't want to get this done from outside, unless I understand what impact that has on my warranty.

For now I am pretty happy with the reverse sensors. they do a decent job and are quite useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I'm not sure if the insurance offer still exists. Attached a newspaper clipping for your reference!
As I understand, this offer is in lieu of the Insurance offer. The insurance offer ended on Nov 30th and the new offer should take effect this month. But all said and done, it still offers a great discount. Totally worth it.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:04   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Year end discounts from Tata Motors. Hexa is cheaper by 78,000 but I'm not sure if the insurance offer still exists. Attached a newspaper clipping for your reference!
News article IMO is misleading, just checked Hexa price list on their website, there is no change. It's the year end discount offers, not the price reduction.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 12:28   #3476

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
News article IMO is misleading, just checked Hexa price list on their website, there is no change. It's the year end discount offers, not the price reduction.
I also checked with my contact in TML. The news seems to be misleading. The insurance offer is extended to December. Overall discounts amount to 78k and Ex Showroom price has not been reduced by 78k.
manojkd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 16:18   #3477

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. A little introduction about myself. I am a sailor by profession and reside in Dehradun. I have been following team bhp for sometime now and I am truly amazed by the kind of enthusiasm and knowledge you guys share on this platform. I currently drive the first generation honda city. I have recently booked the XT 4x2 in the last week of November. I was told that the insurance is free but if I want a zero depreciation then I will have to pay extra. The sales man didn't quote the exact amount though. He gave me a rough figure of around 6 to 7 thousand. There are a few doubts that I have. First, the ex-showroom price given to me by the showroom is different from the price given on the internet. Second, the quotation does not mention any handling charges in the on road price. will that be included in the final bill? I have booked the urban bronze color and expect the delivery around the 15th of this month.
stairsin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 17:04   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairsin View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. A little introduction about myself. I am a sailor by profession and reside in Dehradun. I have been following team bhp for sometime now and I am truly amazed by the kind of enthusiasm and knowledge you guys share on this platform. I currently drive the first generation honda city. I have recently booked the XT 4x2 in the last week of November. I was told that the insurance is free but if I want a zero depreciation then I will have to pay extra. The sales man didn't quote the exact amount though. He gave me a rough figure of around 6 to 7 thousand. There are a few doubts that I have. First, the ex-showroom price given to me by the showroom is different from the price given on the internet. Second, the quotation does not mention any handling charges in the on road price. will that be included in the final bill? I have booked the urban bronze color and expect the delivery around the 15th of this month.
Hi sir, first of all many congratulations for booking this mean machine. BTW, how is the ex-showroom price varying? This shouldn't be the case at first place. Try talking with your dealership folks.

Whereas for the handling charges, they're officially waived off and if they don't appear on the existing quote, then the chances are thin that they'd appear on the final bill. For the insurance part, you'll have to pay another 6-7k extra for the zero-depriciation policy.

Hope you have a smooth delivery and after-sales experience.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 17:30   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbpreet View Post
Sarbpreet,
Congrats on your acquisition.

You may visit on Auto furnish portal to get variety of accessories including 3D/ 7D mats for your Hexa.
Look great, though don't have any first hand experience..
All the best.

Link
Old 5th December 2017, 17:43   #3480

Thanks a lot Varun. I will speak to the dealer tomorrow. Had a chat with the tata customer care as well and they told me the same thing that the price shouldn't vary. Advised me to talk to the dealer and if that doesn't work out then drop an email to the customer care. Let me speak to the showroom guys tomorrow and will post whatever is the outcome. Thanks again.
stairsin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks